Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 3, 2013 3:22 PM

Apr 2011
Tsukuyomi-Ryuku said:
You gotta be a Gurren Lagann fan to like this and considering I ain't one I'm dropping this.

You gotta love mainstream anime that gets shown in America, and have the most underground following to not like this show. Am i right?
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Oct 3, 2013 3:22 PM
Jul 2013
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Jinkuro said:
epicscreator said:
I don't know about anime being saved, but it's certainly a step in the right direction. Hope it ends up being as epic as Gurren Lagann. Wish there wasn't fanservice, though.

You mean with the girl being half naked and with the endless ass shots ?

"Wish there wasn't fanservice, though"

Was it really that hard to read the rest of this 31 word comment

I read it, he just contradicted himself...
For the curse of life, is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers.
Oct 3, 2013 3:23 PM

Mar 2011
The only good thing to "counteract" the blatant Gainax-style fanservice is the fact that Ryuko did not like what she was wearing...but then the fact that she was blushing intensely while wearing that talking seifuku adds another layer of fanservice, doesn't it?

Considering the writer behind Gurren Lagann is behind Kill La Kill's story, I'll stay along for the ride. Trigger's insane action sequences and over-the-top art style also want me to keep watching.
Oct 3, 2013 3:26 PM

Feb 2013
GODAMN THAT SHIT WAS FUCKING HOT NIGGA
Oct 3, 2013 3:26 PM

Feb 2012
Lmao, right at the beginning, comedy gold.

Great first episode, can't wait for more.
Oct 3, 2013 3:28 PM

Sep 2011
Raziel1991 said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Raziel1991 said:
Man, I would really love to see DraconisMarch do a reaction video of this episode
oh so you want a really redundant and painfully delivered video that tries way too hard to be funny, im indifferent to him as a guy on here but his videos are painfully bad

I do agree that he blows many flaws in his videos out of proportion and many times he is absolutly wrong, but still I like the way he points out the flaws in overhyped anime. Dont get me wrong, like I said I thought this episode was decent but the way people are hyping this is starting to get kinda annoying.
That just sounds like your letting out your inner hipster

And his videos arent bad because his opinions are wrong...i mean more than half the time hes dead off and always inconsistent but they are bad because he relied on essentially one joke of "LOL LOOK THIS IS STUPID" while painfully trying to be funny in just downright cringe worthy voices and delivery. He basically acts like a anime version of avgn but with even worse delivery. and on top of all that he basically panders to the crowd that want to be different than whatevers big at the moment and thats probably why his videos are so horrible, its just pandering. I remember his sword art online reactions being even harder to watch than the actual show

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 3, 2013 3:32 PM

Sep 2012
holy shit, that didnt waste any time did it? 20 seconds in an were already at top gear.
i dare say that was nearly as good as ep 1 of TTGL.
jesus christ. haven't been this excited for an anime ever.
that was a solid 9.5/10 episode.

simply cannot wait for next week
anime status: fucking saved
Oct 3, 2013 3:33 PM

Feb 2013
It feels like I'm watching history be made. So exciting! If it stays this awesome, then I'm gonna be veeery happy for the next few months.
Oct 3, 2013 3:37 PM

Jan 2013
Amazing first episode.
Another anime with scissors, keeping the tradition going.
Oct 3, 2013 3:40 PM

Jul 2010
Well that wasn't half bad, it was actually...pretty good.I have a feeling things are happening too fast and are too chaotic though.
Also, Ryuuko is SO HOTTT in that outfit.
Oct 3, 2013 3:42 PM
Sep 2013
BADASS.........
Oct 3, 2013 3:45 PM

Feb 2012
Fuck yeah, looks like my Thursday afternoons for the next 6 months just got awesome.

Sep 2013
Great first episode, the animation is fucking awesome.

Feb 2011
That was so fucking great.
Oct 3, 2013 3:46 PM

Mar 2012
I think people complaining about "overhype" are missing the point completely. Kill la Kill, much like TTGL, is so fun to watch because it consciously kicks logic to the curb and makes every little thing absurdly grand. It hypes itself up and it acknowledges that it's doing so, practically scene by scene. All this "ANIME IS SAVED," "11/10," "#basedtrigger," and so forth, is just fans doing the exact same thing that the show is doing. Getting into the mood of a show is completely natural. In this case, the resulting statements are such that, when taken seriously, they might mislead people into believing that all Kill la Kill fans have shit taste and think that they know everything about an anime after one episode. Obviously, that's not actually the case and people are just having fun.

tl';dr, by taking the "overhyping" seriously, you're missing the point of Kill la Kill itself.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.

Mar 2012
lol this is just too crazy !!
if this ends with them throwing galaxies like gurren lagann i'm sold !

Jan 2013
DoctorDoom said:
Fuck yeah, looks like my Thursday afternoons for the next 6 months just got awesome.
Away with you...
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Aug 2012
Well that was quite a ride! Lol.
Animation was awesome but I find the setting a bit hard to grasp...Reminded me a bit of Soul Eater

To be honest though, it was a bit over the top for it to be a favorite of mine(I like more mellow, serious anime) but im still going to watch just to see where it takes me.
Oct 3, 2013 3:48 PM

May 2013
What I first episode I may say, at first it freaking scared me and I almost instantly dropped it. But then it starting to make a little bit of sense, still WHAT A FIRST EPISODE! Looking forward for next ep!
Oct 3, 2013 3:50 PM

May 2013
It's cool... but does the main character has to be this full on fanservice-y? That now every episode in the fights where she has red cheeks all the time because of her own outfit?

Argh... I didn't mind the little bit of fanservice in TTGL because I watched it for the epic over the top battles and I hoped this would be the same.
The uniform didn't even look like that when she found it. I hoped it would somehow maybe 'grow' and get stronger after absorbing the string of the other uniform after the fight... but nope. =/

I know it's stupid but with every battle scene now is all about that stupid fanservice uniform I will probably really start to hate it, even more because TTGL is one of my favorite animes of all time.
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Oct 3, 2013 3:51 PM

Jun 2011
Mind blown.
Oct 3, 2013 3:52 PM

Dec 2011
There is never a dull moment. Lovely. Especially Ryuko's uniform!
Wow. This is way better than I expected. Gimme more!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2013 3:52 PM

Mar 2013
Crazy episode. I'll be looking forward for more.
Oct 3, 2013 3:53 PM

Jan 2013
DancingJack said:
It's cool... but does the main character has to be this full on fanservice-y? That now every episode in the fights where she has red cheeks all the time because of her own outfit?

Argh... I didn't mind the little bit of fanservice in TTGL because I watched it for the epic over the top battles and I hoped this would be the same.
The uniform didn't even look like that when she found it. I hoped it would somehow maybe 'grow' and get stronger after absorbing the string of the other uniform after the fight... but nope. =/

I know it's stupid but with every battle scene now is all about that stupid fanservice uniform I will probably really start to hate it, even more because TTGL is one of my favorite animes of all time.
That's how the uniform looks when it goes through the transformation. At least for now, maybe it'll "grow" later on.
CabronOct 3, 2013 3:56 PM
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Oct 3, 2013 3:53 PM

Sep 2011
Extrieve said:
at first it freaking scared me and I almost instantly dropped it.
umm, mind i ask you what scared you?

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 3, 2013 3:54 PM

Sep 2012
THE SAME VOICE ACTOR WHO DOES MUGINO SHIZURI FROM RAILGUN S DOES THE MC OF THIS SHOW.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
This show is really a lot of fun, and that's it. Which is why I'm liking it at the moment, seeing as how from the preview, it looks like it'll just be epic fight scenes from now on!
Oct 3, 2013 3:56 PM

May 2013
Woah this is so awesome at first i was like woah is this cartoon and after i saw the whole anime i was amazed its was awesome

I kind a like the fights its like awesome so its a battle of Uniforms
that boxing dude sure got his ass kick

Jul 2012
Phew, after jumping up and downing screaming "the guys at mal are right! anime is saved!" I've calmed down and want to give my opinion. HOLY SHIT that was great.

It reminds me of TTGL, there will be an enemy of the week (this week boxer guy, next week tennis girl) and then later on they'll probably get deep into the story. Iirc the writers of the show said that the aim to blow all our clothes off and everything'll start to make clear sense later. I don't know, nor do I care, I'm in it for the ride!

Feb 2013
This episode is just over the top. I'm looking forward to seeing how Trigger will be able to keep the feel of this episode consistant throughout the entire show and hopefully, they will be able to do this.
Oct 3, 2013 3:57 PM

Jan 2013
Thank you based Trigger. I thought this'd flop but it was great from the first episode. OST sounds like it's gonna be really good and all the main characters so far are interesting. After that disappointing start from KnK and Coppelion, things are looking good for fall season.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Oct 3, 2013 3:58 PM

Mar 2011
DancingJack said:

Yeah, I feel the same way. Unfortunatly I never had a chance to watch other animes made by Trigger, so perhaps its my fault the fact I like this anime less than most people here since I was probably expecting something different than what it is suposed to be, I was expecting an action show and the truth is that the action scenes at the end of the episode were used like a cheap excuse to show fanservice.
Raziel1991Oct 3, 2013 4:12 PM
Oct 3, 2013 3:59 PM

Mar 2013
I like it
Action was pretty nice and it's nice to have a different style of art.

But mostly I was surprised to see all the fanservice, didn't expect that.
Oct 3, 2013 4:03 PM

Feb 2012
Cabron said:
DoctorDoom said:
Away with you...

No.

(•_•)

( •_•)>◥▶-◀◤

(◥▶_◀◤)
Oct 3, 2013 4:06 PM

Apr 2013
As expected great fast-paced over the top action scenes
Don't really like the art and the animation was a bit lame
But fortunately the protagonist is really likable
Feel more toward watching western cartoon that anime imo
I'm not sure yet if it could be the next gurenn lagann
Pretty good start, but calling it "anime is saved" is too much
Oct 3, 2013 4:08 PM

Jun 2013
good episode, will definitely keep watching.

I thought mako was hilarious though :P

IDK if it was just me but i didn't really like how the action scenes were done...was hoping for more fluid movements in the fights. The boxing guys was really annoying though.
Oct 3, 2013 4:10 PM

Jan 2009
its finally here! great episode!
Oct 3, 2013 4:15 PM

Apr 2013
Raito said:
THE SAME VOICE ACTOR WHO DOES MUGINO SHIZURI FROM RAILGUN S DOES THE MC OF THIS SHOW.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

How did I not notice that :(
But I only see the MC about 10 times more badass now since I recognize meltdowner's voice,dammit!
Oct 3, 2013 4:16 PM

Jul 2012
Easily the most entertaining show of the season. Fanservice threw me off a bit, but as long as it's not all about the boob service, and focuses more the plot, I think I'd keep watching. Interesting to see a show that feels more like an oldie instead of a new anime. Great voice acting also.
Oct 3, 2013 4:17 PM

Dec 2012
For the first 2 minutes I thought this was FLCL...

OT: That was a chaotic episode, really fast paced and tons of action. Looking forward to the next episode!
Oct 3, 2013 4:21 PM
Sep 2013
That was simply amazing. Loved the fast pacing and the art style. I'll keep watching 5/5.
Oct 3, 2013 4:22 PM

Jan 2013
Amazing...
Oct 3, 2013 4:26 PM

Aug 2011
Raziel1991 said:
DancingJack said:

Yeah, I feel the same way. Unfortunatly I never had a chance to watch other animes made by Trigger, so perhaps its my fault the fact I like this anime less than most people here since I was probably expecting something different than what it is suposed to be, I was expecting an action show and the truth is that the action scenes at the end of the episode were used like a cheap excuse to show fanservice.

Trigger is new; they haven't made any anime prior to this, besides the OVA that was Little Witch Academia and the ONA series Inferno Cop. But the staff behind KLK are the ones who made TTGL so they have experience.

This was GREAT. Satsuki and Uzu are already my favourites and AHHH RYUUKOOOOO. Thank god this lived up to the hype (so far), I'm glad I put my faith in Trigger.
Oct 3, 2013 4:28 PM

Mar 2011
Laciie said:
Raziel1991 said:
DancingJack said:

Trigger is new; they haven't made any anime prior to this, besides the OVA that was Little Witch Academia and the ONA series Inferno Cop.

My mistake then, but my point still stands, I was expecting something different than what this show is trying to be
Oct 3, 2013 4:32 PM

Jul 2010
Dayum, that was intense !
Oct 3, 2013 4:34 PM
Mar 2013
Wow the first episode was great! I loved everything about it, with the bishies, not-so-bad-boobs fanservice & Anti-Logic everything~ I am excited to see how the plot unfolds. Definitely going to continue watching this!
Oct 3, 2013 4:34 PM

Apr 2013
This was really badass. I love how it's built completely out of generic anime tropes that are turned up to 1000. My only gripe is, when I first saw Ryuko I was like, "Awesome, a badass female MC who isn't overly sexualized" and then, BAM! Bikini battle outfit.
Oct 3, 2013 4:37 PM

Apr 2013
eldest said:
i dare say that was nearly as good as ep 1 of TTGL.

How is this a parameter for quality? TTGL first ep is 6/10 at best. The first is easily better than the entirety of TTGL but that doesn't say much.
simply cannot wait for next week

Saved from what?
Oct 3, 2013 4:37 PM

Nov 2012
this anime. i just idk. i saw the first minute and was thoroughly confused.
ITS EPIC THOUGH. funny in a ridiculous way lol. definitely gonna continue watching
Oct 3, 2013 4:38 PM
Nov 2009
I wouldn't worry about the fanservice overpowering the show. I didn't find it obtuse or anything of the sort.

I'm simply blown away by the level of animation the episode was on. It looked truly amazing. Half of me was just confused on what I watched and the other half is still recovering from being so impressed.

If nothing else, you could tell that there was an insane amount of care and love put into this episode. I look forward to everything Trigger has to offer. Surpassing TTGL probably isn't going to happen but that's an absurd metric to compare against anyways.

Even if anime wasn't outright saved, if this show's an indicator of anything, its future is bright. Thank you, based Trigger.
CommonerCoffeeOct 3, 2013 4:42 PM
Oct 3, 2013 4:41 PM

Mar 2012
Arararraragi-kun said:
eldest said:
Saved from what?
Araby said:
I think people complaining about "overhype" are missing the point completely. Kill la Kill, much like TTGL, is so fun to watch because it consciously kicks logic to the curb and makes every little thing absurdly grand. It hypes itself up and it acknowledges that it's doing so, practically scene by scene. All this "ANIME IS SAVED," "11/10," "#basedtrigger," and so forth, is just fans doing the exact same thing that the show is doing. Getting into the mood of a show is completely natural. In this case, the resulting statements are such that, when taken seriously, they might mislead people into believing that all Kill la Kill fans have shit taste and think that they know everything about an anime after one episode. Obviously, that's not actually the case and people are just having fun.

tl';dr, by taking the "overhyping" seriously, you're missing the point of Kill la Kill itself.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Pages (18) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

956 by hopeforbetterai »»
Apr 30, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

393 by hopeforbetterai »»
Apr 30, 5:29 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

368 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2013

447 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Feb 27, 2014

407 by DRUG_Deleted911 »»
Apr 13, 11:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.