Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 29, 2013 4:24 AM

Oct 2009
This episode was slow as hell. I think it was necessary but still...
It s my least favorite part of the ant arc. Things will pick up eventually though.
Sep 29, 2013 4:34 AM

Mar 2013
_Legna_ said:
Kyzen said:
WOW this is so lame, i hate to say this but HxH is becoming like One piece so many bullshit crap making things longer and longer. definitely a score of 1 for me.

almost fall asleep watching this episode, 7 days of w8ting again...... if the next episodes is like this again, imma vote For 0 seriously..

Like in One Piece ? Please, Rufy would ignore Killua and Shoot to try and actually saving all the citizen because in One Piece no one can die ( except really few cases for plot development ).

By the contrast here finally someone has to agree to sacrifice so many people for the greater good

You cant really blame him, right now were at the portion of the story where its really stalemate in terms of plot, its really character development in this part of the arc.
We won't be getting any high paced action until the climax which is the invasion of the palace.
Sep 29, 2013 4:50 AM

Jun 2011
Kyzen said:
WOW this is so lame, i hate to say this but HxH is becoming like One piece so many bullshit crap making things longer and longer. definitely a score of 1 for me.

almost fall asleep watching this episode, 7 days of w8ting again...... if the next episodes is like this again, imma vote For 0 seriously..

Do you know what "Development" and "Set-up episodes" is?
Sep 29, 2013 5:15 AM

Jun 2013
Aaaaand we are back to running through forests... -.-
I am fine with a slower episode. We need to get explained how they are planning to stop the ants.
But do we really need to get to see gon fight some random ants? We just got teased with gon und killua fighting pitou (and all the other nice matchups) and now it seems like a million episodes away again.
It also would have been nice to see some other hunters / assassins that try to help defeat the ants. I mean I doubt it will only be the small group we saw so far.
Or just cut the episode from last week in half and the one this week and we atlest would have 2 balanced episodes instead of the shit we got this week.
Every time I think this arc is going to get really good I get punched in the face the next episode. And it doesn´t seem like hxh is getting anywhere near the exciting fights everyone is waiting for pretty much from the start of this arc.
confused_ImakuniSep 29, 2013 8:25 PM
Sep 29, 2013 6:15 AM
Oct 2011
OSTs were pretty good, other than that, well, meh. At least things are moving with the whole selection thingie. Now that it's set up we can move to some more important stuff, I guess, or maybe things will move to another build-up. Actually, it will move to another build-up, though this time it's the King's turn, maybe after 2 episodes.

The 2nd half can't come any sooner. Guess another 5-7 episodes left?
Sep 29, 2013 9:04 AM

Dec 2011
Waiting for them to reach the Chimera Ant base will take long. Can't wait when Meleoron faces Gon.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2013 9:58 AM

May 2013
Good episode.
Sep 29, 2013 3:02 PM

Jun 2012
Not the most exciting episode so far, but it's getting somewhere. .

Sep 29, 2013 3:44 PM
Feb 2012
What's with all the random complaints, complaining about problems not even present. You don't like things being explained so the story makes sense? You don't like seeing the main chars doing something other than fight? You only care about fights and get bored by this?! Well, two things for you, then.
1. Fuck you.
2. Go watch a boxing match. You sure as fuck won't be getting any of the 'boring' stuff there.

It's unbelievable what some people are like. That, or we have 8 to 9-year-old users browsing these forums, but I choose to believe that we haven't reached such a low yet.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Sep 29, 2013 4:13 PM

Oct 2011
I think the set-up this episode was fine. Didn't even feel it was boring at all unlike many people here.
Sep 29, 2013 7:00 PM

Dec 2007
Vogue- said:
Who IS this Diego character, I wonder. *Strokes chin*

The Kim Jong-Il parody dictator of East Gorteau.

GFX made by >Valon< of Janime Community Forums
Sep 29, 2013 8:39 PM
Oct 2011
GuiltyKing said:
What's with all the random complaints, complaining about problems not even present. You don't like things being explained so the story makes sense? You don't like seeing the main chars doing something other than fight? You only care about fights and get bored by this?! Well, two things for you, then.
1. Fuck you.
2. Go watch a boxing match. You sure as fuck won't be getting any of the 'boring' stuff there.

It's unbelievable what some people are like. That, or we have 8 to 9-year-old users browsing these forums, but I choose to believe that we haven't reached such a low yet.
I agree. Seeing you get butthurt everytime someone doesn't like a chapter or episode from a fav series of yours and cursing the ones who didn't like them makes me question your age again.
Candor123Sep 29, 2013 8:43 PM
Sep 29, 2013 8:53 PM

Jun 2013
GuiltyKing said:
1. Fuck you.

Nobody is complaining about "explanations". We know very well that this series is a lot more story based than other fighting shonens. The yorknew city arc is pretty much my favourite fighting shonen arc because of that. There were only a few fights all of which were creative.
The thing about yorknew was that you never knew where exactly it was going. This arc however is very straight forward. We have been waiting for the king + royal guards to fight against the hunters for such a long time now. Yorknew was just infinately more interesting.
Gon und killua walking through the forest and talking about what their plan is on how to stop the ants just isn´t interesting at all. And this literally is half of the episode. You could for example just expalin it while they are actually already are working on the plan. Or if the plan succeeds (which I doubt) you can explain what the plan was after it is done.
Sep 29, 2013 9:13 PM

Dec 2012
It's funny how a guy like Knuckle can be so good at math. ^_^
Sep 29, 2013 9:18 PM

Sep 2013
Too much information in the beginning and few actions in the end. Didn't like it that much.
Newbie Blogger: http://animetaru.wordpress.com/

You know it's funny how freedom can make us feel contained
Yeah When the muscles in our legs aren't used to all the walking...
Sep 29, 2013 11:57 PM

Jul 2013
confused_Imakuni said:
GuiltyKing said:
1. Fuck you.

Nobody is complaining about "explanations". We know very well that this series is a lot more story based than other fighting shonens. The yorknew city arc is pretty much my favourite fighting shonen arc because of that. There were only a few fights all of which were creative.
The thing about yorknew was that you never knew where exactly it was going. This arc however is very straight forward. We have been waiting for the king + royal guards to fight against the hunters for such a long time now. Yorknew was just infinately more interesting.
Gon und killua walking through the forest and talking about what their plan is on how to stop the ants just isn´t interesting at all. And this literally is half of the episode. You could for example just expalin it while they are actually already are working on the plan. Or if the plan succeeds (which I doubt) you can explain what the plan was after it is done.
This arc goes in quite a bunch of different directions. In fact, the series in general approaches a bit of a different direction from this point on (saga, really. We're only a third of the way through it as of now). It may be for the best to tell you right away.

The Phantom Troupe arc was a lot more straightforward, in reality.
GalekCSep 30, 2013 12:02 AM
Sep 30, 2013 1:53 AM

Jul 2013
It was pretty ok for an episode filled with information.
Sep 30, 2013 3:02 AM
Feb 2012
confused_Imakuni said:
GuiltyKing said:
1. Fuck you.

First off, the term fighting shounen doesn't exist. There's shounen and some of the manga heavily concentrate on the fighting aspect of the story, but have a plot nonetheless.
Secondly, I don't know if you've read the manga, so I'll try to keep it as safe as possible in terms of spoilers. The current arc is anything but straightforward. It's one of HxH's best arcs and mostly due to the story itself rather than the fights. What information we are getting right now is crucial for future episodes and definitely not boring or uninteresting. But you'll see for yourself once we get there.

Candor said:
I agree. Seeing you get butthurt everytime someone doesn't like a chapter or episode from a fav series of yours and cursing the ones who didn't like them makes me question your age again.

Ooh, if it isn't lil' Ichigo! I see your taste is as shitty as ever.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Sep 30, 2013 6:43 AM

Oct 2012
The Emperor's Time was used at wrong time, other than that the episode was great. The pacing isn't even slow, it's just the waiting time that makes it seem so
Sep 30, 2013 10:55 AM
Apr 2011
snake + genie combo hahahah
Sep 30, 2013 10:59 AM
Jul 2013
This episode is all Killua, but i can't complain.
Sep 30, 2013 12:20 PM
May 2013
I wish Gon killed that snake Chimera Ant! and that Chameleon one stalking him is starting to weird me out!!
Sep 30, 2013 3:48 PM

Oct 2011
Informative episode. Now I know to expect in the next episode
Sep 30, 2013 4:32 PM
Sep 2013
It was a pretty good set up episode for what coming next.
Sep 30, 2013 5:51 PM

Oct 2011
I don't know why but I really liked this episode. I can't tell you why I did, especially since I wasn't a fan of this part in the manga but something about this episode I was really feeling.
Sep 30, 2013 7:36 PM

Feb 2013
fearthebeard85 said:
I don't know why but I really liked this episode. I can't tell you why I did, especially since I wasn't a fan of this part in the manga but something about this episode I was really feeling.

hopefully this adaptation will change the way you view this arc further down the road too (read your write-up on it)
Sep 30, 2013 10:05 PM

Feb 2013
just love the backsong
Sep 30, 2013 10:10 PM
Jun 2013
Great, I really needed those longgg explanation. I wanted to see Gon fight all out, though.
Sep 30, 2013 11:14 PM
Mar 2012
Is it just me or someone eles felt like killua was sad when he said he wants to work alone to gon
Idk i just felt like there is a feeling and something behind that
But gon is too stupid to understand that he breaks killuas heart!
Oct 1, 2013 5:14 AM

Nov 2012
Vogue- said:
Slow paced episode, but the explanations were needed so I don't mind.

Who IS this Diego character, I wonder. *Strokes chin*

diego is the president of east goroto...the king killed him..
Oct 1, 2013 9:06 AM

Jul 2013
I had to rewatch the episode to realize that xP

Didn't know that guy's name, and I misinterpreted Morel's words the first time around. Made me think they were talking about some guy who Morel and Knov also worked for when he said "You mean we."

Thanks anyways.
Oct 1, 2013 11:38 AM

Jun 2013
GuiltyKing said:
confused_Imakuni said:
GuiltyKing said:
1. Fuck you.

First off, the term fighting shounen doesn't exist. There's shounen and some of the manga heavily concentrate on the fighting aspect of the story, but have a plot nonetheless.
Secondly, I don't know if you've read the manga, so I'll try to keep it as safe as possible in terms of spoilers. The current arc is anything but straightforward. It's one of HxH's best arcs and mostly due to the story itself rather than the fights. What information we are getting right now is crucial for future episodes and definitely not boring or uninteresting. But you'll see for yourself once we get there.

I did read the manga a very long time ago, but not the chimera ant arc, so I don´t know what is going to happen. I do understand that the information we got is probably crucial. It still doesn´t change the fact that it made the episode boring. It probably could have been done in a better way.
And I know that hunter x hunter is a more story driven manga than other "fighting shonen" (if this term really does not exist I apologise for using it again. I just think it makes clear immediately what I mean) and that is one of the reasons I actually like hunter x hunter.
I just feel like this arc is very slow moving and hasn´t really got far since the arc started.

I can actually get an example: Gon and Killua trained a few episodes for the chance to get back into NGL. Those episodes were pretty boring for me because I thought I knew exactly what would happen. Gon and Killua train for a while and then just beat shoot and knuckle.
It didn´t happen, which was pretty awesome. Gon and Killua lost. I thought that then the focus wouldn´t be on Gon and Killua that much and we would now focus on Netero and his "huntercrew" fighting ants.
But we didn´t really get anything. Just more time went past without anything really happening (apart from the ants spreading out and the king taking a castle) and in the end Gon and Killua still joined Netero. So no real difference from what would have happened if they won against shoot and knuckle. I get that it hyped up knuckle and shoot a little + we got some killua char development. But we also got a looooot of episodes for so little.
The problem also is that since Netero came to NGL we are being teased soooo much. He was in the proximity of the royal guards and then the king for such a long time and we really want to see him fight them. But he just never does. I get that eventually he will. But being teased so much over such a long time and then focus on gon and killua training, gon dating and so much more shit we had to get through is just killing me xD
Ths isn´t meant to be a complete hatepost. I still like hunter x hunter and this arc still had a few amazing episodes and I just hope that we get a good payoff from such a long buildup :)
Oct 1, 2013 1:36 PM
May 2013
nice episode. You guys should know by now that almost nothing in HxH is done half assed and it must at the very least, be logically sound.

The entire team consist of 7-8 people and they're suppose to infiltrate a country that has extremely tight security to begin with (like North Korea), draw some of the 3 most powerful characters in the show so far away from the King, whose main purpose is to protect him aka staying by his side, while preempting a mass genocide in 9 days...

All I'm saying is there better be some damn good planning for this and I appreciate the effort the author is placing in his details to further immerse the atmosphere to the audience while presenting a philosophical question as to whether it's worth risking/sacrificing 5 millions lives in order for a chance to save the entire human race. Love it when this show goes deep xD
Oct 2, 2013 12:17 AM
Apr 2013
With no one around to keep tabs on him, as expected Gon reverts back to his pacifist ways when left to his own devices. He voiced concerns about avoiding detection, but the only way to ensure that is to leave no witnesses. I get that he feels it's not his place to be judge, jury and executioner, but in this arc he's been really inconsistent about it.

Xvenger said:
nice episode. You guys should know by now that almost nothing in HxH is done half assed and it must at the very least, be logically sound.

The entire team consist of 7-8 people and they're suppose to infiltrate a country that has extremely tight security to begin with (like North Korea), draw some of the 3 most powerful characters in the show so far away from the King, whose main purpose is to protect him aka staying by his side, while preempting a mass genocide in 9 days...

All I'm saying is there better be some damn good planning for this and I appreciate the effort the author is placing in his details to further immerse the atmosphere to the audience while presenting a philosophical question as to whether it's worth risking/sacrificing 5 millions lives in order for a chance to save the entire human race. Love it when this show goes deep xD

That fact that the stakes are so high makes me wonder if it will be addressed as to why this isn't an all hands on deck situation in regards to gathering the world's strongest and most experienced Hunters to deal with this threat. If it has been addressed then I missed it.

I guess they could say that many of them are busy with other high profile threats/situations or that the whereabouts of some are unknown.
Oct 3, 2013 2:22 AM

Jun 2009
All this build up is fine as long as it pays off, though to be honest I wasn't exactly engaged with this episode.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 3, 2013 3:21 AM

Apr 2013
JacobValance said:

That fact that the stakes are so high makes me wonder if it will be addressed as to why this isn't an all hands on deck situation in regards to gathering the world's strongest and most experienced Hunters to deal with this threat. If it has been addressed then I missed it.

I guess they could say that many of them are busy with other high profile threats/situations or that the whereabouts of some are unknown.

Because the ants reproduce by eating things, or get stronger by eating things, Netero is being very selective with who he allows on the mission. If he takes anyone that can't handle themselves, they've pretty much given the enemy a new high-powered soldier, or perhaps made the king himself even more powerful.

Netero only wants people who won't compromise the mission by dying, and if he takes too many people in with him, he ups the chances of having that happen.
>.>
Oct 3, 2013 9:31 AM
May 2013
^not to mention that given from the mini phantom troupe episodes, that everyone said were pointless, other Ants are spread out all over the world trying to be kings. The police force at this point is straight up useless and the only people that can deal with them are predominantly hunters or people who are skilled enough with nen.
If they place all their efforts on East Gorteau, there could be mass slaughtering all around.

I do agree that they should have called in bigger guns for this mission and maybe booted off Gon and Killua if I was the chairman and probably contacted Hisoka and Illumi (shouldn't be too hard to convince) to deal with a mission as sensitive as this.

But to be fair, Gon and Killua's only job is just to technically draw Pitou away. Although eliminating her is preferred, it is merely optional in the grand scheme of things.
Oct 3, 2013 10:49 AM
Sep 2011
^^

Not to mention that Gon (specially) and Killua has motives and reasons that probably will boost their strenght and dedication on the mission (I also think Netero has high hopes for the two of them after their game of catching the ball).

East Gorteau also has strict security, and the mission requires a stealthy approach so having more hunters might backfire.
Oct 3, 2013 2:55 PM
Apr 2013
I agree that for this mission that quality is better than quantity and it's also understandable to leave some capable Hunters to deal with the ants that have spread out.

However, when discussing an incredibly skilled and powerful guy like Ging he has been compared to a rare class of Hunter elite, why not grab a few of those guys? It's a threat big enough for the Chairman to get directly involved and even he has stated that it's been years since he was the strongest Hunter. Though apparently the Chairman did bring in a ringer, I'm looking forward to that reveal.
Oct 3, 2013 9:48 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
JacobValance said:

However, when discussing an incredibly skilled and powerful guy like Ging he has been compared to a rare class of Hunter elite, why not grab a few of those guys?

They are all too busy. The world of HxH is very big, orders of magnitude larger than Earth.

Also, the Chimera King is stronger than them all. Number is useless. He's God in Nen.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 3, 2013 10:35 PM

Dec 2010
JacobValance said:
I agree that for this mission that quality is better than quantity and it's also understandable to leave some capable Hunters to deal with the ants that have spread out.

However, when discussing an incredibly skilled and powerful guy like Ging he has been compared to a rare class of Hunter elite, why not grab a few of those guys? It's a threat big enough for the Chairman to get directly involved and even he has stated that it's been years since he was the strongest Hunter. Though apparently the Chairman did bring in a ringer, I'm looking forward to that reveal.

okey there could be some more reasons that have already been shown in anime and am pointing out them from a anime viewers perspective without any manga spoilers

firstly , if we consider the major threats then there are king and his 3 guards and that makes 4 enemies . netero will face king himself and theres a big plan reserved for him which we see is already in motion . the remaining hunters will stop 3 guards and there are exactly 6 people for that job .their job is to separate guards from king when the proper time comes. so each guard gets 2 hunters . now if we make room for even one more for each guard, there could be several problems like :

- kite had 3 people group in kite vs pitou confrontation , look how that turned out. if the opponent is much stronger and you have to look out for unbalanced and out of sync team mates , it could be disadvantage instead. so you need balanced team also
- 3 vs 1 match may loose excitement as it might become much easier match
- you will need extra character development for additional characters
- gathering trusted and synced ally is more important than random powerful guy
- some characters need motive to face an enemy , gon is less powerful but he has a strong motive .

though its logical that they could remove gon , killua from the field and replace them with more powerful hunters . thats upto you if you want it. also i wonder would the story be more interesting if they flooded the area with more hunters .

secondly ,what happens to the other less powerful ants ?...ok , its such an covert operation which includes strategy rather direct confrontation where loss of life from hunter side has to be minimum or zero. failure is no option here or failure is out of question until at least they stop guards after finishing small fries ...
gon and others are eliminating small and less powerful ants gradually and we will see what happens with the rest of them. dont forget there are one more hunter and some allied or neutral ants out there. not to mention netero , knov , morel spent entire month hunting ants and netero designed the plan considering all possible worst case scenarios.

thirdly , about your question regarding ging . so far what we know he is out there somewhere and it maybe a more remote place ( dont forget that he is a Archaeological Hunter ). it could be possible that he even doesn't know about it yet or no one was able to contact him. kite said it was extremely difficult to find him .so that maybe the case with other 3 star hunters as well .
headless_nickOct 3, 2013 11:30 PM
Oct 3, 2013 11:39 PM
Apr 2013
@wakka9ca
I was curious about that, but if the King is effectively the strongest Nen user in the world then other things start to make more sense. Admittedly, I didn't want to believe that a guy who was only just born was that powerful. Though I guess his strength is a credit to the unique nature of the Ants and with the Queen's years of hard work it was a long time coming. It all definitely puts into perspective just how much of a terrifying threat the Ants represent.

@headless_nick
Thanks for the insight, you make some good points. When you get older and your strength wains you use experience and strategy to make up the difference. I'm looking forward to seeing the Chairman's veteran savvy on full display. Now that I think about it, pure speculation but I wouldn't be surprised if
Oct 8, 2013 9:22 AM

Aug 2013
I very much enjoyed the Requiem, hahaha.
And also seeing Gon and Killue back in action was nice. They'd been quite passive the last few episodes.
Oct 8, 2013 9:44 AM

Aug 2013
It was also very interesting to see some new Ants! Nice overall change of scenery, haha.
Jan 8, 2014 11:14 PM

Jul 2013
I'm glad Gon defeated a Chimera Ant but man, he has to kill them.. letting them live makes no sense.. they have no future.
Jan 8, 2014 11:16 PM

Jun 2013
PrimeX said:
I'm glad Gon defeated a Chimera Ant but man, he has to kill them.. letting them live makes no sense.. they have no future.

the one ant is probably dead
Feb 27, 2014 12:05 PM

Jun 2011
Dat glasses, it broke. Fodders' fight will be annoying, probably.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 21, 2014 10:21 PM
Aug 2013
Good episode. Very informative, really wonder how things will go. Interesting how Gon and killua want to still save some people but the others are sticking to their mission.
Apr 22, 2014 6:33 AM
Oct 2009
ok I have a question: If 5 million people are about to die, why don't they pull out the big guns aka Ging and the Zoldycks and try to deal with it ... it's like the hunter association has accepted this as a natural sacrifice without doing their best..

or if the Zoldycks and Ging are busy with more important things.. they should at least say so.. mention it like Ging Freecss has his hands tied with that thing for now or w.e. >>
Apr 22, 2014 6:56 AM

Jan 2011
VampireOjouChan said:
ok I have a question: If 5 million people are about to die, why don't they pull out the big guns aka Ging and the Zoldycks and try to deal with it ... it's like the hunter association has accepted this as a natural sacrifice without doing their best..

or if the Zoldycks and Ging are busy with more important things.. they should at least say so.. mention it like Ging Freecss has his hands tied with that thing for now or w.e. >>

well, u will get ur answers at the end of this ark
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 24, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.