Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 22, 2013 11:23 PM

Nov 2011
Episode did feel a little rushed, but I'm not complaining. The duel between dragons did not disappoint. Issei's got the will and the determination, so Vali's own notice.

Now that the team has moved in with Issei, I'm fully expecting season 3 to open with some in-house harem antics. Khaos Brigade was introduced and I feel obligated to start reading the LNs to get ahead.

Episode: 9/10
Season: 9/10
Sep 22, 2013 11:34 PM

Aug 2013
WOW! for a super ecchi show that was one of the sickest fights i have ever seen! Awesome!!!!! This episode is definitely my favorite dxd episode out of all of them. So funny yet so badass Wow Loved it!
Sep 22, 2013 11:38 PM

Jan 2013
Looks like a 3rd season is needed.
There was no sex scene
Sep 22, 2013 11:55 PM
Jun 2013
So much fun to watch.

Just curious though, the 2 boss guys seem kind of useless (the demon one and the angel one, i'm really bad with names) while the fallen angel boss did do some cool fighting.

Are they useless/weaker than issei + the power of boobs? why don´t they do shit? I kinda expected the Lucifer guy to blow everyone to pieces.

Spoil if needed, it's bugging me.

9/10. Hope for S3!
Sep 23, 2013 12:00 AM

Jan 2012
This was great! Hoping for another season in the future!
Live, Laugh, Love.

Sep 23, 2013 12:04 AM

Jul 2012
ZetronovieK said:
So much fun to watch.

Just curious though, the 2 boss guys seem kind of useless (the demon one and the angel one, i'm really bad with names) while the fallen angel boss did do some cool fighting.

Are they useless/weaker than issei + the power of boobs? why don´t they do shit? I kinda expected the Lucifer guy to blow everyone to pieces.

9/10. Hope for S3!

This'll be a major spoil so I'll tag it kay.

swordstriker21Sep 23, 2013 12:12 AM
Sep 23, 2013 12:14 AM

Jul 2013
Great ending of the season, an 8/10 for my score. The battle was fun to watch for Vali vs Issei, and then Bikou appears order Vali to withdraw. Well the ending, nice enough that everyone is staying at Issei house for the time being XD.

I would say it is much more better than the previous season having more character development, action, and the story was good.

The first half of the season was pretty interesting about the Holy Sword Project, while the second half was eh, not that much interesting.

Here's hoping for a season 3 in production.
omega_d94Sep 23, 2013 12:19 AM

Sep 23, 2013 12:31 AM

May 2010
Kind of underperformed great by my expectations 7/10
Sep 23, 2013 12:45 AM
Jun 2013
swordstriker21 said:
ZetronovieK said:
So much fun to watch.

9/10. Hope for S3!

Thanks man, that was a really fun read. Thanks for taking the time to clear that for me :)
Sep 23, 2013 1:29 AM

Sep 2012
ZetronovieK said:
swordstriker21 said:
ZetronovieK said:
So much fun to watch.

9/10. Hope for S3!

Thanks man, that was a really fun read. Thanks for taking the time to clear that for me :)

well, even if we get season 3 with 12 episode, i doubt we would see how awesome sirzech is...and ajuka too..

but we probably see issei in juggernaut drive.
Sep 23, 2013 1:42 AM

Aug 2008
Well, that was a pretty faithful adaptation in the whole. Maybe just some minor details different but same stuff. If anything, I'd wish the little moment were Xenovia was touched by Issei's request was shown. It was a bit of character development. I guess for time constrictions and stuff they skipped it.

I also thought they all moved in after the Underworld Arc, not before. Well, the house remodeling should be after it, so it's still cannon I guess. A next season for anything is always welcomed, so I guess I'd like it since that was one of the better Arcs I'd think.
Sep 23, 2013 1:42 AM

May 2013
Dem eyecatchers.

Gasper wants to be a man. And he became one.

I've said this so many times, but Azazel is the exact freakin' definition of an epic badass.
First of all, Azazel vs Katerea. Azazel used his artificial Sacred Gear, Down Fall Dragon Spear and went into Balance Breaker mode, Down Fall Dragon Another Armor. His Sacred Gear apparently holds the soul of Fafnir, one of the Dragon Kings. But he's badass because he sacrificed his left arm, which was temporary replaced by an artificial arm he made.
Second of all, he knew Vali was the traitor. He knew about Khaos Brigade. He knew it was being led by Ophis, the Ouroboros Dragon.
Third, he knows how to convince Issei.

Vali is too awesome. Being the descendant of Lucifer, he's probably the strongest White Dragon Emperor ever. Poor Issei.
"They'll shrink in half?" Lol. Battle was awesome, Issei kicked some ass out there. He even absorbed Vali's dividing power. But Vali wasn't serious yet. He hasn't use his Juggernaut Overdrive.
Bikou appears and he's the descendant Sun Wukong.

Hooray, Asia and Xenovia get to pray. Peace has been declared. Azazel became their adviser. Every girl member now lives at Issei's house. I feel sorry for Gasper and Yuuto. But this ended well.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Sep 23, 2013 2:10 AM

Nov 2009
What a great motivation. That was an epic fight. After Bikou appeared, I can't wait to see the Pendragons, Ophis and the rest. Can't wait for another season.

If Vali's power is halving the enemy's power, then taking it for himself, and if he shrinks their breasts, then does that mean h-his chest will grow?

Silvertongue00 said:
Issei is losing the fight with Vali by a large margin. When Azazel mentions that Vali can halve peoples breasts. Three seconds later Vali is spitting up blood and struggling to stay in the air.

Holy shit. badass pervert to the end.

What are you saying? He wasn't even serious. And that was a Dragon slayer. Of course he'll weaken.
amplifiedSep 23, 2013 2:18 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2013 2:22 AM

Jul 2013
Great episode, fights were epic. However I don't like Gasper crying whenever he appears, but there should be less of that since he is determined to be a "man".

Azazel is just epic, he'll be of much help since he knows much more than anyone in the Occult Research Club.

Waiting for season 3 and OVA. Might start to read the light novels up to volume 4 since I want to be surprised when something unexpected happens in the anime.
Sep 23, 2013 2:45 AM

Sep 2012
that was a great episode...

welsh dragon vs vanishing dragon in scale armor...

that Azazel's Balance Break is so bad-ass...he defeats karateal (am i right?) in just 2 hits...that is some bad-ass...

after telling Azazel that Vali can shrink the breast of Rias, Issei becomes a super saiyan no, stronger than super saiyan...LOL

LOL at Azazel's prosthetic arm....Roketto Punchii!!!

now, all the girls of Occult Research Club is staying in the house of Issei...that would be fun...damn lucky Issei...

i hope it would have a season 3...i want more...

rate:9/10
Sep 23, 2013 3:38 AM
Jan 2013
just finished watching it and what a great episode love the fight between dragons seems as we get farther in theres more dragon gears dose any know how many dragons there are? cant wait for season 3 pray that we might get lucky and it comes on for the spring season :)
Sep 23, 2013 3:41 AM

Mar 2012
silkie said:
just finished watching it and what a great episode love the fight between dragons seems as we get farther in theres more dragon gears dose any know how many dragons there are? cant wait for season 3 pray that we might get lucky and it comes on for the spring season :)
Many dragon will be introduced later.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Sep 23, 2013 4:14 AM

Dec 2011
Great episode and that conclude the 4th volumes of the LN....When will a 3rd season out may be in another 2-3 years
Sep 23, 2013 4:28 AM

May 2010
I take everything about Vali being cool back, he is just annoying, and a jerk. Issei being cool for once, I will applaud him. I want him to be like this, and not just an oppai annoying guy he usually is. Okay, he is not all that cool afterall, but a lot better than Vali. I still don't like him though, he is all about boobs...

Great ending, totally up for a new season. I really liked this episode, and my Koneko-chan was as fabulous as ever! Too bad, she didn't get enough screentime.. :/ 7/10
Sep 23, 2013 4:31 AM

Sep 2012
down fall dragon spear... or the panties dragon?

TragicRomance said:
I take everything about Vali being cool back, he is just annoying, and a jerk. Issei being cool for once, I will applaud him. I want him to be like this, and not just an oppai annoying guy he usually is. Okay, he is not all that cool afterall, but a lot better than Vali. I still don't like him though, he is all about boobs...

Great ending, totally up for a new season. I really liked this episode, and my Koneko-chan was as fabulous as ever! Too bad, she didn't get enough screentime.. :/ 7/10

vali just want to fight strong guys..
he is similiar to issei in that way..

- issei , the manifestation of lust , only think of plot
-vali , the manifestation of strength , only think of fighting strong guys.

Mod Edit
Posts merged. Please do not double post
ThangLongOct 2, 2013 8:52 AM
Sep 23, 2013 4:38 AM
Mar 2012
Leio said:
What a great motivation. That was an epic fight. After Bikou appeared, I can't wait to see the Pendragons, Ophis and the rest. Can't wait for another season.

If Vali's power is halving the enemy's power, then taking it for himself, and if he shrinks their breasts, then does that mean h-his chest will grow?

Silvertongue00 said:
Issei is losing the fight with Vali by a large margin. When Azazel mentions that Vali can halve peoples breasts. Three seconds later Vali is spitting up blood and struggling to stay in the air.

Holy shit. badass pervert to the end.

What are you saying? He wasn't even serious. And that was a Dragon slayer. Of course he'll weaken.

Just like what I said before, considering vali is strongest hakuryuukou ever and issei is weakest seiryuutei ever... Not to mention Vali's lineage and how much time issei spend as devil. To push vali this far, is a hell of badass.
Sep 23, 2013 5:25 AM

Feb 2011
THIS ENDING WAS SO OPEN I DEMAND A NEW SEASON RIGHT NOW
Sep 23, 2013 5:38 AM

Nov 2012
I liked first episodes of series but later plot turned terrible, dragons looked like from accel world >.<.

7/10 for 1st season and 6/10 for 2nd season.
Sep 23, 2013 5:41 AM

Feb 2012
Krunchy said:
I liked first episodes of series but later plot turned terrible, dragons looked like from accel world >.<.

Wow. Rofl. You must be a gal i presume lol, by the looks of your ratings. you must be a girl lmao. TNK did it right. There were actually a few flaws compared to the last season.
Sep 23, 2013 5:50 AM

May 2013
good show 8/10 from me

i LOL when issei say that if koneko-chan boobs shinks any further, they will disappear
Sep 23, 2013 7:41 AM
Jan 2011
Some ending that was.
Sep 23, 2013 8:21 AM

Jul 2013
Liked New better than original, plot was better imo.

It'll get a 7, some of the boob humour was amusing, but if you removed all the echii from this you might actually have a plot it turned out, christ if you did that and they replaced it well I might even give the series a 9.
One day we will come upon each other, and for that day my claws, teeth, ears, hands and hair are at the ready.
Sep 23, 2013 9:01 AM

Aug 2008
Looking forward for season 3. Azazel best character this season.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 23, 2013 10:40 AM

Oct 2009
pizza_012 said:
Krunchy said:

Wow. Rofl. You must be a gal i presume lol, by the looks of your ratings. you must be a girl lmao. TNK did it right. There were actually a few flaws compared to the last season.

Actually even I was thinking of rating it a 6. At the time I was watching this episode, I came to realize the overall story is becoming a hindrance to the idea. But its still a solid 7.
Sep 23, 2013 10:47 AM

Mar 2012
YO DAT RED DRAGOOOOON
---
Twitter: @JusticeSoulTuna
Wordpress: JusticeSoulTuna
Youtube: JusticeSoulTuna
I'm literally JST everywhere
Sep 23, 2013 11:05 AM

Apr 2013
So all the Occult Research club girls have moved into Issei's residence. It's kinda funny, Issei is so focused on his dream of building a harem, yet he is completely oblivious to the fact that he has already got a good start on building one and completely unaware he is doing it.
Sep 23, 2013 11:15 AM

Jul 2013
A decent season finale! There was some definitely very, very good elements in this episode that really stood out to me;

I absolutely LOVE the dragon armor sets for Azazel and Vali. Issei's is good too but those just stand above him IMO. Azazel demonstrating just how strong he really is and still wasn't completely serious in his fight. The moment Issei trying to absorb Albion's power into his own sacred gear was good as well. Love seeing the Bikou entrance as well. Overall, the series has shown a very good commitment to following the Light Novel's plot down to as much detail as it can cover.

Besides the positives there were some negatives for me. I felt this last epic fight was a little rushed. I know they only have so many episodes to get the series in so I do understand one thing or another was going to have to be cut in the story line to allow them to get in within the set number of episodes but I wish they would have given this fight some more time and detail. There were also some minor plot happening issues that I see and have a small problem with but they are mostly for asthetic purposes and the overall attitudes of the characters in some moments (correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Azazel was a bit more pissed/upset with the defection of Vali).

Leaving the negatives aside, I still think this was a SOLID season and definitely leads well into the next arc of the new alliance as they take on the Khaos Brigade as well as beginning to get on terms with the other gods from other religions and mythologies. I'd say most likely we are guaranteed another season based on the popularity of the light novels however if season 2 of the anime is as popular as season 1, there will be no question.

Now...... time to re-watch both season 1 and 2 from the beginning :D.
Work in progress...
Sep 23, 2013 11:21 AM

Jul 2013
XSalvation97 said:
Honestly, I'm glad this season is over. If there is a season 3, I will not be watching. For me this was the worst thing airing that I was watching. 3/10 from me, cause nothing happened in 12 episodes.

Please tell me where "nothing" happened? Plenty of background on the characters, plot development, characterization, alliances, defections, battles, and the list goes on.

Care to explain further? Because your simple opinion is rather lacking any substantial explanation or evidence to support it. Thats like me saying, "THIS ANIME SUCKS. 3/10". Actually I'll correct myself and give you the benefit and say at least you said something else like "nothing happened" when there was plenty that DID happen.
Work in progress...
Sep 23, 2013 11:28 AM

Jan 2013
Considering this has been in the top 25 every week, and has content still left to cover from the LN (which should be wraped up soon I think) There will for sure be a S-3 maybe S-4.

The worst part of this show was the fact its over now.
Sep 23, 2013 11:39 AM
Feb 2013
Fucking awesome final episode as for the first season. Well, t'was even better than the 1st season final.
Pissed Issei is best issei and Azazel is fucking cool as usual. Putting things simply for the sake of Issei comprehension. Vali wanted power, he got it. On the face.

“I'll beat your ass so hard that you'll never be able to reincarnate again!” That line was freakin BA.
xikarraSep 23, 2013 11:53 AM
Sep 23, 2013 1:08 PM

Oct 2012
damn i gimme a picture with koneko's boobs halfed
Sep 23, 2013 2:02 PM

Aug 2012
LOL

6/10 Slightly above Average, slightly disappointed.

Azazel confirmed as best character of the season.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Sep 23, 2013 2:46 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
"And this one is for the boobs that would totally disappear if they shrunk any further, Koneko-chan's loli oppai!"

one of the best lines I've heard in some time lol
Sep 23, 2013 3:09 PM

May 2011
Good final episode though the fight could have been better. I thought it was a bit rushed. But anyways, Azazel was a badass in this episode ... just took out his arm without any hesitation. And I can't believe Issei got all worked up because of oppai xD Well, looks like he's rewarded with all the girls living in his home now.

Hope there will be a season 3. I need to start reading the LN.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2013 4:32 PM

Jan 2012
Was the dialogue especially horrible this episode or am I just getting tired of it because I cringed and facepalmed a few times this episode.

Overall the show was entertaining and hopefully Issei gets stronger and doesn't only rely on his sacred gear because if I'm not mistaken he's pretty useless without it. Akeno and Xenovia will always be my favorite girls in this series and that maid.

I feel generous so I'll give this a 7/10 because I can't give it a 6.5
penguindrum264Sep 23, 2013 4:38 PM
Sep 23, 2013 5:26 PM

Nov 2012
BUSTO BUSTO BUSTO BUSTO BUSTO!!!
I fliped xDDD
Art should be left alone by those unenlightened, raw and uncensored as it is, because enough refinement was already done by it's creator, in it's creation.
Sep 23, 2013 5:28 PM

Dec 2011
FIGHT FOR THE BEWBS ISSEI! THE BEWBS!

Awesome! Just marathoned the whole season tonight, it's really been so much fun. But now I'm craving a season 3, I really want to see Issei living with all his girls and I'm a bit curious about how they might renovate the house. Also I'd like to see his relationship develop with Rias more, only 2 kisses so far. We need at least some implied sex but they should show it!

Azazel is badass, seems like he'll provide some good entertainment in the future with his inventive abilities.

Keep hearing about how the story just gets better and better, really hope I get to see this. I will keep waiting for new seasons as long as they can go on. Won't read the LN unless the anime cancels or ends. But even if some of the story is left out, the anime has the advantage of actually being able to see and hear both the girls and the fights. And to me that means it wins hands down.

JoksPacifist said:
Awesome ending.

Ok Japan. Do your job and buy those DB/DVDs

If you guys really really want to see more you could buy them right from Japan as well. This is what I'm gonna do, cause I really do wanna see more. Would be a first to buy something untranslated like that to help support the show.
LayedBackSep 23, 2013 5:32 PM
Sep 23, 2013 5:47 PM
Aug 2011
If the sub I watched is correct then Issei's life has been cut by a lot apparently for a demon. I get people thought it was an awesome fight but all I can think is how reckless it was. Now the harem king can't live with his harem basically forever. Eventually a lot earlier than all his comrades he will die.
Sep 23, 2013 5:50 PM

Mar 2012
Dr_Smurph said:
If the sub I watched is correct then Issei's life has been cut by a lot apparently for a demon. I get people thought it was an awesome fight but all I can think is how reckless it was. Now the harem king can't live with his harem. Eventually a lot earlier than all his comrades he will die.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Sep 23, 2013 5:54 PM

Dec 2011
Dr_Smurph since he is a demon who supposedly live almost forever, even if he gets his life cut in half or worst that still implies that he could live for hundreds or even thousands of years. The thing is with everyone fighting so much it's more likely for demons and everyone else to get killed in battle rather than live to be ancient anyways. Of course another possibility is that most of his body will be turned into a dragon which would negate that sort of damage.

Though maybe you're right and it is being implied that he won't live a long life, just saying we're not sure on that. Either way I don't really care, Highschool DxD is a story that should end happily and we can decide for ourselves I guess. At least I hope, a goofy ecchi harem should have plenty of battles and drama but not a lot of tragedy beyond the loss of minor characters and enemies.
LayedBackSep 23, 2013 5:58 PM
Sep 23, 2013 5:57 PM

Aug 2013
NeoAnkara said:
Dr_Smurph said:
If the sub I watched is correct then Issei's life has been cut by a lot apparently for a demon. I get people thought it was an awesome fight but all I can think is how reckless it was. Now the harem king can't live with his harem. Eventually a lot earlier than all his comrades he will die.

Sep 23, 2013 6:01 PM

Jul 2012
LayedBack said:
Dr_Smurph since he is a demon who supposedly live almost forever, even if he gets his life cut in half or worst that still implies that he could live for hundreds or even thousands of years. The thing is with everyone fighting so much it's more likely for demons and everyone else to get killed in battle rather than live to be ancient anyways. Of course another possibility is that most of his body will be turned into a dragon which would negate that sort of damage.

Though maybe you're right and it is being implied that he won't live a long life, just saying we're not sure on that. Either way I don't really care, Highschool DxD is a story that should end happily and we can decide for ourselves I guess.

You don't really have to worry about his lifespan. It gets restored eventually. It would be a major spoil to say exactly how so I'll leave it at that. And about Issei being reckless. He stil doesn't realize how important his existence is to Rias and the rest. That's why he's reckless in his earlier fights. He improves bit by bit later on and is shown to actually have a competent enough brain for battle strategies and planning.
Sep 23, 2013 6:13 PM

Jul 2013
NeoAnkara said:
Dr_Smurph said:

Work in progress...
Sep 23, 2013 6:15 PM

Mar 2012
Black--Swordsman said:
NeoAnkara said:
Dr_Smurph said:

Sep 23, 2013 6:17 PM

Jul 2013
NeoAnkara said:
Black--Swordsman said:
NeoAnkara said:
Dr_Smurph said:

Ahhhh my bad, I misunderstood there at what exact point you were referring to but after re-reading I see it now. :D
Work in progress...
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

sirgoodguy - Jul 7, 2013

251 by The_proxD138 »»
Jan 1, 3:54 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2013

144 by demxnys »»
Dec 16, 2023 9:14 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2013

164 by kitsune0 »»
Sep 21, 2023 2:07 AM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 8, 2013

115 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 20, 2023 11:13 AM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2013

123 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 20, 2023 1:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.