Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2013 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I was cheering for Tomoka's team against that Rena girl this episode. She has skills though no doubt about that. The match is okay I guess. Rena doesn't seem to show any mercy at all, not that I'm surprised.

I am surprised they played the OP song somewhat though. I guess it fits with the way the team unite together to win this game.
Sep 20, 2013 6:53 AM

Nov 2007
Twin attack? It stopped the red hair girl's attack because she does solo. She now thinks that it's team's fault that they are losing. Wow, that tall girl is standing up so that she can play with the team. 6th graders are strong as always, but because of red hair girl's frustration, energetic girl sprang her ankle. 3 vs. Tomoka and she won with scoop shot. Season 1 OP as inserted song. The team got given up because losing, but behind people cheering up to not give up. Saki gave the final shot for extended round.

Final battle(round) in final ep.!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 20, 2013 9:39 AM

Oct 2011
epic episode!! especially near the end~ i thought they would win in this ep but i guess not. tie breaker next week~ can't wait! (っ• ̀ω•́ )っ

http://i.imgur.com/HQKbAWZ.jpg

まったく、小学生は最高だぜ!!
Sep 21, 2013 7:29 PM

Aug 2013
dat opening strategy... use the ref! xD

The TsubaHii and Maho moment was adorable. Also, Maho looked so much like Nagi Sanzenin in a basketball uniform this episode, my mind is just... Anyway, Tomoka was unmatched this episode. Subaru couldn't have been more proud, I bet.

This episode was just full of win, I loved it. I can't wait for the final episode, yet I don't want the season to end. So conflicted. T_T
Sep 22, 2013 3:19 AM

Jul 2013
I enjoy it a lot..!
Can`t wait for the sub..

"Google is your friend.."
Sep 22, 2013 9:55 AM

Aug 2010
"Yappari shougakusei saiko daze" XDXDXD

I get ya Subaru hahaha

But well that was a really intense ep. Really loved it.

The girls have improved so much and how they're working together now is really nice ^^

Tomoka is the best! Really BA ^^

I was actually all tense when Saki was gonna make the shot!!

Gotta say, that was a nice warm up for Kuroko no Basket next season hehe :D
Sep 22, 2013 12:07 PM

May 2013
Nice game so far by the two teams.
Sep 22, 2013 5:16 PM

Dec 2012
Rena got shut down, where's her "kukuku" now?

This was surprisingly intense for loli basketball, especially the part with the insert of last season's op. I like how the buzzer beater didn't win the game and only tied it, now it's time for the showdown. I'm also curious what Tomoka is planning for after the game.

"Grade schoolers truly are the best!" LOL well said Subaru.
Sep 22, 2013 5:21 PM

Jun 2012
Haha they shut the annoying girl down, only one more episode left.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Sep 22, 2013 7:44 PM
Jul 2018
So it looks like Saki's shot is gonna be the winning shot or a big failure, cant wait for next week.

Well that was a tie-breaker, I posted that message while I was watching the end. So it looks like next week's episode is just gonna some nice fanservice.

momonori said:
epic episode!! especially near the end~ i thought they would win in this ep but i guess not. tie breaker next week~ can't wait! (っ• ̀ω•́ )っ

http://i.imgur.com/HQKbAWZ.jpg

It wont be a tie-breaker if the last shot is a 3 pointer.
NVM
2010101060 said:
I enjoy it a lot..!
Can`t wait for the sub..

The sub is out
Sep 22, 2013 9:45 PM

Jul 2013
An excellent episode.

The entire episode was all about basketball, really entertaining and somewhat intense. I like how they keep blocking Rena a bunch of times for being to cocky. Well that what she gets.

That ending scene was really intense but now a tie breaker. Final episode lets go.

Sep 22, 2013 10:25 PM

Mar 2008
I thought they were setting up for a 3 pointer, it looked like they were passing far away from the basket in the last few seconds. I guess since we have 1 episode left they wanted to use it for some truly hardcore overtime basketball instead of a filler.
Sep 22, 2013 10:34 PM

Jun 2010
That was too intense for me. I can't wait until the next and final episode.

Sep 22, 2013 10:47 PM

Sep 2013
This episode was the best so far. can't wait for the OT.
Sep 23, 2013 6:57 AM
Sep 2013
It's good that Rena got put in her place, but it was a good game nonetheless. And Saki making the last shot was very satisfying. Now to wait for the final episode...
Sep 23, 2013 8:36 AM

May 2010
Great match, it's so exciting and fun to watch it

Sep 23, 2013 9:51 AM

Apr 2012
Good episode with the girls using all of what they have learnt.
Sep 23, 2013 11:22 AM

Sep 2013
This is a my theory of what will happen in the last episode.
either the team lose because of Tomoka or they win because of her,hence the title ''Because You're Here,Tomoka''
Sep 23, 2013 12:06 PM

May 2009
razisgosu said:
I thought they were setting up for a 3 pointer, it looked like they were passing far away from the basket in the last few seconds. I guess since we have 1 episode left they wanted to use it for some truly hardcore overtime basketball instead of a filler.

From what little I know of basketball, I too found the score odd, and was sure Saki got a 3-pointer in. But yeah, they probably wanted to end this with a cliffhanger.

Not that I'm complaining, Keishin put up a hell of a fight and I'm sure that, even if they lose, Subaru and Aoi will be very proud of them.

Maho got sent off with a sprained ankle. That had to hurt really bad, so she took it quite well. it also showed how much of a force she is when she's in the team, as without her, they quickly lost morale.

"Elementary school girls are the best!" Couldn't have said it better, Subaru.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2013 12:51 PM

Feb 2010
Are we just going to ignore that un deux trois that Mimi did?
Sep 23, 2013 6:06 PM

Jun 2013
cool alley_oop! i knew that she's going to miss lol
Sep 23, 2013 6:33 PM

Jan 2013
An entire episode dedicated to a game of basketball and there's still more of that game left.

Great episode
Sep 23, 2013 9:16 PM

Aug 2008
Who said that RKB doesn't have intense basketball games?

Anyways, lol @ Subaru's "shougakusei wa saikou daze!" He said it again this season :)

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Sep 23, 2013 9:49 PM

May 2013
That was way too fucking intense. It was painful.

Thank you, Saki. You did it!

Mimi's Un Deux Trois was awesome. So was the 'Twin Hell' attack.

We got Hina being the new Sonic. Maho was amazing, as always. I almost felt like crying this episode.

Mokkan never fails to impress.

Subaru finally exhaled the truth.

"Grade schoolers are the best!"

Damn. This show really turns me on.
Looking for a character or a certain Anime/Manga?
Looking for recommendations?
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
Sep 24, 2013 2:56 AM

May 2010
These girl are so so epic... I am so happy for my Saki, she finally got the spotlight she deserves, and for Maho too! Such an intense game, best episode of both seasons combined!
TragicRomanceSep 24, 2013 3:23 AM
Sep 24, 2013 7:30 AM

May 2012
Why Rena is suddenly weak in this episode. I thought that she is the best player
Sep 24, 2013 8:05 AM

May 2013
thepath said:
Why Rena is suddenly weak in this episode. I thought that she is the best player

She is mainly skilled at one-on-ones. She was simply out-thought and lost her mind while playing.

She 'ain't got nothing on TsubaHii.
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
Sep 24, 2013 1:54 PM

Jun 2009
Miyu's keeping Suzuridani in it almost single handedly O.o

Yay for intense mini-basketball!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2013 7:55 PM

Nov 2010
Diran-kun said:
thepath said:

She is mainly skilled at one-on-ones. She was simply out-thought and lost her mind while playing.

But she like, also loses to Mimi and Tomoka in 1v1 situations, she did seem to spontaneously lose all her ability to play for this match.
Sep 24, 2013 10:43 PM

May 2013
ShadowGilgamesh said:
Diran-kun said:
thepath said:

But she like, also loses to Mimi and Tomoka in 1v1 situations, she did seem to spontaneously lose all her ability to play for this match.
Like I said, she didn't know what to think. There were many things going on in her head. She simply couldn't handle it.

You can't just defend against Mimi's Un Deux Trois.

And Tomoka > Rena

I do love Rena, though.
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
Sep 29, 2013 8:56 PM

Dec 2012
I can't believe I didn't notice this before, but this was pretty much a remake of season 1's final match, only this time Saki actually made the shot. Made this tie up that much more meaningful.
Sep 30, 2013 1:46 PM

Jan 2012
All the basketball matches, not just in anime, always have to end a match where a team scores exactly at the last second to make it a draw or a win, just too original.. ~.~
Sep 30, 2013 2:04 PM

May 2013
MoeXtreme said:
All the basketball matches, not just in anime, always have to end a match where a team scores exactly at the last second to make it a draw or a win, just too original.. ~.~
It's not, consider she missed last time.
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
Sep 30, 2013 6:40 PM

Jul 2011
Awesome! So fucking intense for a mini basket.
Oct 1, 2013 4:17 AM

Jan 2012
Diran-kun said:
MoeXtreme said:

My point is there's always a 1-2 point difference in score and a last second chance to score to make it either a win/draw/lose. That doesn't happen very often in reality. But I respect that they have to do that to make it intense for the viewers.
Oct 1, 2013 5:35 AM

May 2013
MoeXtreme said:
Diran-kun said:
MoeXtreme said:

My point is there's always a 1-2 point difference in score and a last second chance to score to make it either a win/draw/lose. That doesn't happen very often in reality. But I respect that they have to do that to make it intense for the viewers.
I know what you mean.

I'm sat there biting my blanket or whatever.
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
Oct 8, 2013 9:56 AM

May 2012
Pretty epic development I must say that ending was great, I wonder what the last episode has to offer!
Jan 5, 2014 2:21 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Magnificently well done episode, although Subaru at the end with that phrase, it makes it unambiguous for the most mischievous! ASD
Exciting storytelling, nice plot, perhaps Airi little involved in the game, pretty participation of Saki in the end to give even more pathos to the story competitions.
Drawings and animations good.
Mar 14, 2015 1:44 PM

Jul 2008
That was intense.

I really don't care for Rena.
May 20, 2015 10:21 PM

Jun 2010
AO968 said:
razisgosu said:

From what little I know of basketball, I too found the score odd, and was sure Saki got a 3-pointer in. But yeah, they probably wanted to end this with a cliffhanger.

Not that I'm complaining, Keishin put up a hell of a fight and I'm sure that, even if they lose, Subaru and Aoi will be very proud of them.

Maho got sent off with a sprained ankle. That had to hurt really bad, so she took it quite well. it also showed how much of a force she is when she's in the team, as without her, they quickly lost morale.

"Elementary school girls are the best!" Couldn't have said it better, Subaru.

Mini-basketball does NOT implement a three-point line. So yeah, that was just a tie-breaker.

Keishin could have won this if only the 3-point line was implemented, thanks to Masami's awesome shooting from downtown.
Mar 29, 2018 6:18 AM

Feb 2013
Lol, they didn't win against a team with 4 players, because Rena didn't do anything.
Jun 23, 2021 2:25 PM

May 2018
Rena finally learns to play as part of a team. The battle is about to reach its conclusion!
Mar 23, 2022 10:32 AM

Nov 2010
Rena reminds me of those teammates in moba that do have the skills, but they are so overconfident and they just go on solo the whole game, then goes afk while blaming the team for losing. At least Rena realized her mistakes and played well in the end. Those aholes in moba are hopeless in comparison.

Man, girl's basketball is really nice. It's such a treat to see sweaty girls giving it their all. Nice view on their armpits as well. hehe

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2013

41 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 29, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2013

32 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 29, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2013

65 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 29, 3:43 PM

Poll: » Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2013

43 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS Episode 4 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jul 26, 2013

48 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 23, 11:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.