Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2013 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hina's smile....can melt hearts I swear.

I am obviously cheering for Tomoka this episode and Airi. The girls looks cute in their cheerleader outfits I guess.

Go Subaru as well!
Aug 2, 2013 6:55 AM

Nov 2007
Friends chatting while the two talking, so messy. Mostly taking with Tomoka figured out how to win against that guy. lol @ girls wearing cheer girls during rematch. Even though tall girl had trouble practicing with her brother, who seems to be too strict, she has self confidence that she cannot run away. lol @ comparing tall girl's opponent with brother on fear, but it works. Tag with Tomoka works, and he wins for single, too, with his style. Rematch again one year later.

From the title, childhood girl as main?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 2, 2013 8:57 AM

Nov 2007
Really nice to see Airi smiiling :)

Stark700 said:
Hina's smile....can melt hearts I swear.

Hina's "Oh~" is also a killer xD

Stark700 said:
The girls looks cute in their cheerleader outfits I guess.

I agree, and Aoi's embarrassment takes the cake. So cute, haha.
EjcAug 2, 2013 9:10 AM
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Aug 2, 2013 10:51 AM

Oct 2011
so Subaru manages to beat Suga & his team. actually i kinda expected it to take at least 1 more episode but this is good too ~

and of course, more TomokaxSubaru in the beginning ヽ(≧▽≦)ノ

まったく、小学生は最高だぜ!!
Aug 3, 2013 9:19 AM

May 2013
The loli cheerleaders lol.

Good win for Subaru. All the girls wanting to be Subaru's parnter lol.
Aug 3, 2013 9:34 AM

May 2010
His fake made her heart beat faster. I wonder what effect his 'real' would have :p
Aug 3, 2013 10:06 AM

Aug 2010
Nice ep. That was a totally one sided beat down from the opposite side this time XD

TomokaxSubaru at the beginning was <3

And Aoi in cheer leader clothes was so cute!
Aug 3, 2013 10:16 AM

Jan 2011
Finally some payback! Subaru's team totally owned them but I was hoping that there would be more of a challenge though...

If only I could get a loli to just stay over at my house that easily *sigh*
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Aug 3, 2013 10:25 AM

Jun 2010
I feel that Airi got over her scared feelings rather quickly.

Aug 3, 2013 11:03 AM

Jul 2013
13man18 said:

I don't think she's over them completely, I mean she was to able to recover herself and face off against that girl because compared to her bro, she really isn't all that intimidating. I want to know how she would act against an opponent that's her brothers size(Maybe even bigger), until then, I still believe she hasn't conquered her scared feelings.
Aug 3, 2013 11:41 AM
Aug 2009
If any basketball experts want to correct me here, please do so. But I'm pretty sure when Tomoka got in blonde dude's way and got mowed down, that's called a moving screen. So she fouled him and didn't stop him as she said. It looked like she just moved in his way, which is an illegal move. Again, someone correct if I'm wrong here.
HammersFan10Aug 3, 2013 11:48 AM
Aug 3, 2013 11:49 AM

Dec 2011
Liked the episode and a thought has crossed my mind! I'd love to see Seirin High's team vs Tomoka's team (well it wouldn't be fair but still xD).
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Aug 3, 2013 12:22 PM
Oct 2012
fluffyxx said:

]

Subaru lolicon swag limiter released.
Aug 3, 2013 1:01 PM
Jul 2013
HammersFan10 said:
If any basketball experts want to correct me here, please do so. But I'm pretty sure when Tomoka got in blonde dude's way and got mowed down, that's called a moving screen. So she fouled him and didn't stop him as she said. It looked like she just moved in his way, which is an illegal move. Again, someone correct if I'm wrong here.

You are correct. Tomoka did a blocking foul.

Another thing to note. Subaru's floaters are not floaters at all, just a underhand shot. Look at Derrick Rose and Rajon Rondo's floaters, because those are the true definition of floaters.
Aug 3, 2013 1:25 PM

Jan 2013
Lovely episode.
5/5
Aug 3, 2013 2:32 PM
Oct 2012
javierjiminy said:
Another thing to note. Subaru's floaters are not floaters at all, just a underhand shot. Look at Derrick Rose and Rajon Rondo's floaters, because those are the true definition of floaters.

Well, it's actually a scoop shot. They actually say "scoop shot". It's whatever sub group you watched that labeled it a 'floater'.
Aug 3, 2013 3:05 PM
Jul 2013
Akichi said:
javierjiminy said:

Well, it's actually a scoop shot. They actually say "scoop shot". It's whatever sub group you watched that labeled it a 'floater'.

Yeah, my subs said floaters. But normally, scoop shots are taken close or underneath the basket similar to a layup.
Aug 3, 2013 4:21 PM

Jul 2013
SkyTate said:
If only I could get a loli to just stay over at my house that easily *sigh*

Good one lol especially one as cute and coy as Tomoka. Soo many juicy pictures of her and Subaru this week

Nice episode 5/5 I liked how it took Takenaka to make Subaru realize his bad habit. And how they all grew, can't wait for i'm not doing so well let Hina stay at your house episode.
Yondy375Aug 3, 2013 4:25 PM
Dr. Sheldon Cooper " It is no way to make new humans. People coming out of people. Some kind of dirty magic show.
Aug 3, 2013 4:25 PM

Oct 2012
i am a lolicon, i like loli cheerleaders
Aug 3, 2013 6:22 PM

Oct 2012
Hinata as a cheerleader just so nice
Aug 3, 2013 6:27 PM

Jul 2013
Subaru got some payback and won the game, I like how they are determined to win against their rivals.

Aug 3, 2013 6:40 PM

Aug 2008
javierjiminy said:

I thought that was weird as well. I was like, "I could have sworn that those were call scoop shots".

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Aug 3, 2013 7:06 PM
Jul 2013
guyklc said:
javierjiminy said:

I thought that was weird as well. I was like, "I could have sworn that those were call scoop shots".

Yeah I guess it's a misunderstanding. You would think the author, animators, etc would have done more research on floaters and scoop shots when creating the past 2-3 episodes involving the shot but instead we get the underhand shot. It's probably not a big deal in Japan, considering how basketball isn't as popular as it is in the US and elsewhere. But as an American viewer, I kinda wished they would've watched Rose or Rondo's floaters. They should of used that for Subaru's floaters instead of what we've seen because to me it seems like he's finger-rolling the ball from a far distance.
Aug 3, 2013 10:31 PM

Sep 2012
oh the cheerleader uniform >w<
Aug 3, 2013 10:42 PM

Aug 2010
Cheerlolis FTW

Too bad tomoka didn't roll off subaru's bed and drop half on him =(
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Aug 4, 2013 4:03 PM
Apr 2011
javierjiminy said:
guyklc said:
javierjiminy said:

Yeah I guess it's a misunderstanding. You would think the author, animators, etc would have done more research on floaters and scoop shots when creating the past 2-3 episodes involving the shot but instead we get the underhand shot. It's probably not a big deal in Japan, considering how basketball isn't as popular as it is in the US and elsewhere. But as an American viewer, I kinda wished they would've watched Rose or Rondo's floaters. They should of used that for Subaru's floaters instead of what we've seen because to me it seems like he's finger-rolling the ball from a far distance.

Not like this is a serious sports series anyway so no sense in complaining about it. Besides, you know that any realism is gone when they put elementary/middle school girls and high school guys on the same court.

You know, Airi's kinda fadeaway shot was actually the most impressive thing.
A-KnightAug 4, 2013 4:36 PM
Aug 4, 2013 7:38 PM

Aug 2012
Nice Cap, Mokkan is so cute!!
Aug 4, 2013 8:32 PM

Jul 2010
Aoi > All.
Aug 4, 2013 8:52 PM

Jan 2013
Am I the only one who thinks the ED's lyrics are: "Growing Growing Loli!"
Aug 4, 2013 10:42 PM

Jun 2012
45Ravager said:
13man18 said:

I don't think she's over them completely, I mean she was to able to recover herself and face off against that girl because compared to her bro, she really isn't all that intimidating. I want to know how she would act against an opponent that's her brothers size(Maybe even bigger), until then, I still believe she hasn't conquered her scared feelings.

Yeah its a work in progress, good episode. It seems the blond guy is a little nicer or at least not as serious.

5/5
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Aug 5, 2013 1:55 AM

Aug 2010
The sleepover scene was pretty short...but it was definitely a nice shipping moment. Airi got over the problem pretty fast. Same with Subaru, once he realized what he needed to change he could perform 100%, kind of a stretch, but hey, it is anime after all. A nice ep 4/5.

"Next episode: Aoi wins" Oh God anything but that. The only thing I want Aoi to do is to leave this show.
Aug 5, 2013 4:36 AM
Jul 2018
Woah Woah Woah WHY CANT THEY ADD ROMANCE IN!

Also This.

Another good episode as well.
removed-userAug 5, 2013 4:53 AM
Aug 5, 2013 4:43 PM

Jul 2010
Seriously, why are they getting flustered? They're a high- and elementary schooler for goodness sakes! The produces aren't even trying to hide the lolicon subtext are they?

Anyway, the match was nice. Subaru found out his style of play and Airi became a little less scared.

Aug 7, 2013 3:52 PM

Jul 2013
Mogami-kun said:
"Next episode: Aoi wins" Oh God anything but that. The only thing I want Aoi to do is to leave this show.

I've opposite hope, that Subaru's choice is Aoi. I'm waiting the next episode with impatience.
死者の心は変わる。変わらなかった生きているもののほう。© Kanoe Kirie. Tasogare Otome x Amnesia. vol. 9, ch. 43, scan 34

Aug 7, 2013 10:53 PM

Jul 2010
PrinceEndymion said:
Mogami-kun said:

I've opposite hope, that Subaru's choice is Aoi. I'm waiting the next episode with impatience.

This. Aoi is the only thing I like about this "show".
Aug 10, 2013 2:29 PM

Oct 2011
OMG Suburu won yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 5, 2013 10:14 AM

Jun 2011
13man18 said:

This. I know I shouldn't take a lolibaske too seriously, but still..

Quite a lot of corny and cheesy moments in this episode, but I always love those romantic undertone, especially Subaru x Tomoka.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 8, 2013 7:43 AM

May 2012
Lovely episode with a lovely ending! Loli cheerleaders are the best!
Dec 21, 2013 5:47 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Perhaps the worst thing is that it all goes without too much emotion during the narration. For the rest, the plot moves smoothly yet quickly.
Drawings dropped a bit in the meantime. A bit of space we wanted to Airi, as it takes for the other, just to deepen their characterization.
Curious to find out what will be the next challenge! ^ _ ^
Mar 28, 2018 3:56 AM

Feb 2013
They got revenge, it was a really nice match.
May 21, 2019 6:14 AM

Nov 2013
With this episode, Tomoka gets my vote for cutest loli of all time.
Jun 16, 2021 1:28 PM

May 2018
Great episode! Subaru showing why he is the protagonist and not Suga :D

I want to sleep with Tomoka too!! I'm so jealous :/ :/ :/ T_T Hnnngh
Mar 22, 2022 11:08 PM

Nov 2010
Nice revenge match. I thought he could only win against him through teamplay.

Those girls on cheerleader uniform looked so cute! especially Maho. Man, that armpit is so lickable!
Feb 25, 3:03 PM

Aug 2019
mc beats the annoying blond guy. there still isnt a real goal for this season so its hard to get invested. though it somewhat seems like they focus way more on tomokas feelings for mc

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2013

41 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 29, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2013

32 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 29, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2013

65 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 29, 3:43 PM

Poll: » Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS Episode 4 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jul 26, 2013

48 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 23, 11:06 AM

Poll: » Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2013

42 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 23, 10:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.