Forum Settings
Forums

Visual Novel 'Little Busters! Ecstasy' to be Animated

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 16, 2013 12:57 PM

Sep 2011
tbh I was expecting them to put in this seasons arc, but that works too.
Sep 16, 2013 1:21 PM

Jan 2012
I would like P.A to do LB cuz Angel Beats had beautiful visuals
Sep 16, 2013 1:25 PM

Sep 2012
leesan said:

Beautiful visuals indeed. Some scenes in Refrain would shine a lot more if PA works animate it but no one wants Refrain to be crammed into 3 episodes.
Sep 16, 2013 1:37 PM

Feb 2008
So JC Staff wants a hat-trick?

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Sep 16, 2013 2:16 PM

Jan 2011
Saya /hypehypehype
I really hope that the english patch for the EX routes get released before the anime D:
Sep 16, 2013 2:19 PM

Sep 2012
egnaro315 said:
leesan said:

Beautiful visuals indeed. Some scenes in Refrain would shine a lot more if PA works animate it but no one wants Refrain to be crammed into 3 episodes.

PA Works isn't THAT amazing.The opening looks better than any actual scene in that show. It had good animation, but not even as good as Clannad. Maybe there just weren't as many pivotal scenes due to the length, but I don't recall anything groundbreaking. I think the OST and comedy carried it. KyoAni would've been preferable for LB, as they would've probably given it Clannad's number of episodes. There are different producers for different studios, so there'd have to be one who could set Key up with PA Works and give them enough budget to produce 4 cours for Little Busters. 4 cours of anything from PA Works? Hmm.

Pony Canyon helped produce Hanasaku Iroha under PA Works and gave a nice based budget for 26 episodes. I think Aniplex didn't put out as much for Angel Beats (not trusting Key/Maeda for some reason?).

The thing is, JC Staff, KyoAni, PA Works all have potential with the right director and producer (budget), but we didn't get a good combination with Warner and JC Staff, especially while their good director is working on other crap (Railgun S and AnoHana movie) and is too busy to direct a potentially legendary show instead. Warner sharing budget with other shows also kind of killed it, and it was also LB s1 also seemed quickly announced and produced. (rushed)

Well, Angel Beats did have better animation and art for the most part than LB, so I guess they would've been a better choice.
I just wanted KyoAni I guess.

WELP it's all in the past, why do I keep wasting time with these "what-if" posts?
We can continue to languish Key going with JC Staff when they finish ruining Little Busters with the Refrain anime.
Sep 16, 2013 2:32 PM

Sep 2012
If Refrain doesn't deliver, I'll pass on this one.
Sep 16, 2013 2:54 PM
Aug 2013
This actually makes me unhappy. Little Busters! EX. was terrible compared to Little Busters! PG, but I guess any EX. visual novel could be turned into an anime and please all the horny guys just looking for fan service, without the care of any story line. As I say this, I know not all people watch/read them for this, but think without this factor, Little Busters! EX. would never be made into an anime. Just my thoughts. Please don't take offence or think I'm talking about everyone that may have enjoyed Little Busters! EX.
Sep 16, 2013 2:59 PM

Jan 2011
theapplesauceman said:
This actually makes me unhappy. Little Busters! EX. was terrible compared to Little Busters! PG, but I guess any EX. visual novel could be turned into an anime and please all the horny guys just looking for fan service, without the care of any story line. As I say this, I know not all people watch/read them for this, but think without this factor, Little Busters! EX. would never be made into an anime. Just my thoughts. Please don't take offence or think I'm talking about everyone that may have enjoyed Little Busters! EX.

Uhh, I don't think you understand that key and ero don't mix O__O From what I heard, the H scenes are basically tacked on to the story.
And just saying, Saya's route is considered (at least by the Japanese community; not really english community since it's not TLed yet) one of the best heroine routes for its plot and is written by Maeda. That should be enough for JC to continue the franchise. A lot of people actually wanted the EX routes to be animated.
dizzyworld2Sep 16, 2013 3:04 PM
Sep 16, 2013 3:12 PM

Sep 2012
People actually think JC Staff is going to make this a hentai series?
It's going to be the equivalent of an adaptation of the ME/PE version without the h-scenes.
If they manage to show or imply h-scenes in the EX anime I would be shocked. They'd have to change up their broadcasting time and maybe even channels to compensate for that kind of change, or put it straight to OVAs as 18+.
Sep 16, 2013 3:26 PM

Feb 2008
Vladz0r said:
It's going to be the equivalent of an adaptation of the ME/PE version without the h-scenes.
If they manage to show or imply h-scenes in the EX anime I would be shocked. They'd have to change up their broadcasting time and maybe even channels to compensate for that kind of change, or put it straight to OVAs as 18+.

Imply sex? My lolis are pure maidens. They mustn't have sex or I'll send death threats to JC Staff.

Sep 16, 2013 3:51 PM

Oct 2010
Yes! We get a Saya and Sasami route! I really can't wait for this to come out.^^
Sep 16, 2013 3:54 PM

Nov 2008
ZetaZaku said:
Vladz0r said:

Imply sex? My lolis are pure maidens. They mustn't have sex or I'll send death threats to JC Staff.

I would watch this if it were 18+ or seriously borderline. If JC has to ruin this series, they need to ruin it so it can at least be enjoyable and not rageworthy.

Sep 16, 2013 4:15 PM

Sep 2012
ZetaZaku said:

Oh right, it's only okay if Key writes their lewd defloration.
Sep 16, 2013 4:25 PM

Sep 2012
Excluding the common route , the anime has yet to touch any of the ground breaking writing from Maeda.But if they mess up refrain ( somehow) I dont think anyone will want to watch the ex season lol.
Sep 16, 2013 4:29 PM

Sep 2012
19 days until we find out if JC Staff is serious or not.
Warner Bros, where's my 3rd Refrain PV? >_<
Sep 16, 2013 4:38 PM

Sep 2012
So im not the only one refreshing the warner channel in vain xD
Sep 16, 2013 4:40 PM

Jun 2013
Was expecting it to be part of Refrain, but since it's a whole new series, let the games begin!
Sep 16, 2013 4:51 PM

Sep 2011
So is the Little Busters series actually good or not? In the Anime form, that is.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Sep 16, 2013 4:53 PM

Mar 2012
Now waiting for Rewrite to get anime.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Sep 16, 2013 5:04 PM

Aug 2011
Please don't be ecchi.

...But it probably will be.
Sep 16, 2013 5:08 PM
Apr 2008
Note to self: Don't watch this

I have checked out episode one from season 1 and its sort of fine but the BGM was kinda F up so I'm not sure will I watch this. Besides I didn't really played EX routes yet.
Sep 16, 2013 5:39 PM

Oct 2011
So like, in either adaptation, be it Refrain or Ecstasy, can we receive an Easter egg?

Can just take a few minutes off an episode.
Sep 16, 2013 5:45 PM

Apr 2012
DraconisMarch said:
Please don't be ecchi.

Didn't you drop Little Busters! at episode 6 (according to your list)?

If so, then why would you care if this turns out to be ecchi or not (operating under the assumption that you won't be watching this one either)?
AndyRayySep 16, 2013 5:49 PM

Sep 16, 2013 6:14 PM

Sep 2011
Dammit I don't have internet in my house so I didn't see this news early.

Why...? Why am I still having some high expectations from this despite on what they did to the first 4 heroine routes?

Please I don't want to see Saya's route and Sasami's route getting butchered.

DraconisMarch said:
Please don't be ecchi.

Sorry but Sasami's and Saya's routes contain ecchi.

Sep 16, 2013 6:20 PM

Sep 2011
PersonX said:
Sasasesasasasasesagawa Sasasasesami is best girl.
Really hope is is another 26 eps anime!

Join to my bandwagon!

Stark700 said:
Btw a question, is it required to watch the upcoming Refrain to fully enjoy LB Ecstasy?

The 3 EX routes have 'secret of the world' involve(Yet Kanata's route is somewhat because of
so yeah.

sanata50lbsb said:
i wonder if the EX patch will be out before this airs.

It depends of when this will air.

Sep 16, 2013 6:39 PM

Aug 2008
I want my Saya-chan... but Sakasama Sashimi is good as well.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Sep 16, 2013 6:51 PM

Oct 2012
Okay, I knew of the existence of the game version of Little Busters EX, but for it to be adapted into an anime.... I did NOT see that coming.
Sep 16, 2013 7:11 PM

Sep 2011
I also noticed, why there's no romance genre? Saya's route is romance-heavy which I totally doubt they will remove the romance on that route.

But then again, it seems this will serve as 3rd season and not just OVAs(But then again, I guess it's too early to tell. Still, Saya's route won't fit in just 2-3 30 min. OVAs FFS) so I wonder what format will they do whether omnibus or continuous. If I'm going to consider the chronological order of EX routes(Minor spoiler):

I forgot to reply on this one.

45Ravager said:
now I just hope that JC Staff puts in Sha la la Ectasy, and I'll be a happy man.

I'm pretty sure they will insert that OST LOL at the 'onsen' scene on Saya's route. :D

But then again, here's some eargasm: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eulkqKO8ROM
TennoujiSep 16, 2013 8:53 PM

Sep 16, 2013 7:35 PM

Sep 2012
Deathnosis said:
Note to self: Don't watch this

I have checked out episode one from season 1 and its sort of fine but the BGM was kinda F up so I'm not sure will I watch this. Besides I didn't really played EX routes yet.

Wow, you gave Little Busters a whole episode? True Key fan here lol.
Did you play the VN are you just quick to judge?
Sep 16, 2013 8:27 PM

Jan 2013
SAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Sep 16, 2013 8:45 PM

Feb 2013
I can't wait to see the EX being animated. Now that refrain and ecstasy are going to be done, rewrite is the only one left.
Sep 16, 2013 8:54 PM

Sep 2012
Hoppy said:
Vladz0r said:
I would watch this if it were 18+ or seriously borderline. If JC has to ruin this series, they need to ruin it so it can at least be enjoyable and not rageworthy.
I would say any ecchi / fan service level beyond what we have already sen in LB! anime is very unlikely. If anything visual novel often sees the ecchi level toned down or even removed in its anime adaptation. The 18+ stuff tagged on EX is unlikely to make it to the anime I believe.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 16, 2013 8:57 PM

Sep 2011
symbv said:
Hoppy said:
Vladz0r said:
I would say any ecchi / fan service level beyond what we have already sen in LB! anime is very unlikely. If anything visual novel often sees the ecchi level toned down or even removed in its anime adaptation. The 18+ stuff tagged on EX is unlikely to make it to the anime I believe.

Or, maybe there'll be implied. Just like on Saya's route PE version that there's 'implied sex scene'. Of course, they didn't show the actual sex because PE is All Ages.

Sep 17, 2013 12:14 AM

Nov 2012
sanata50lbsb said:

I'd be hoping that it does...>.>

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Sep 17, 2013 12:21 AM

Aug 2013
I don't mind some bit of fanservice on here and there as long as it doesn't tear down the integrity of the characters themselves. A show should not treat its characters like sacks of meat to be oggled over, to the point of becoming defining aspect of the characters moreso than the characters just being themselves. Which is my main problem with many shows featuring plenty ecchi scenes
Sep 17, 2013 12:34 AM

May 2011
Amiluhur said:
I don't mind some bit of fanservice on here and there as long as it doesn't tear down the integrity of the characters themselves. A show should not treat its characters like sacks of meat to be oggled over, to the point of becoming defining aspect of the characters moreso than the characters just being themselves. Which is my main problem with many shows featuring plenty ecchi scenes

Key is not like that in their works (Clannad, Kanon, etc.) they aren't known for ecchi series, and as far as hentai scenes go in their games, they are written pretty badly (Tomoyo After for example)
Sep 17, 2013 12:42 AM

Aug 2013
Well, i don't know much about Key's works aside from LB! and few eps of Clannad

But thx for the info anyway
Sep 17, 2013 1:32 AM

Oct 2011
Whoa... not a fan but will be watching~
Sep 17, 2013 2:07 AM

Mar 2011
Gonna wait for Rewrite anime adaptations.
Sep 17, 2013 2:43 AM

Jul 2012
Hope it'll at least become an ecchi
よろしく!
Sep 17, 2013 3:05 AM

Dec 2012
I'd prefer to read the VN first before watching the anime...But if translation isn't complete yet by the time the anime starts airing, I guess I'm just gonna have to watch the anime first...
Sep 17, 2013 3:16 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
krisalice85 said:
I'd prefer to read the VN first before watching the anime...But if translation isn't complete yet by the time the anime starts airing, I guess I'm just gonna have to watch the anime first...

The Ecstasy translation project is currently stalled so...

well you can always do it via VNR if you're desperate, bit awkward but it works
Sep 17, 2013 5:17 AM

Sep 2011
Jaeger07 said:
sanata50lbsb said:

I'd be hoping that it does...>.>

Probably or most likely, after hearing the news, they'll get more motivated to finish the translation for EX/ME.

shadow_black said:
Hope it'll at least become an ecchi

Not sure if you're really serious but there are one or few ecchi scenes from Sasami's route and Saya's route.

Sep 17, 2013 9:10 AM

Aug 2013
Oh gee wow..... just when I wanted to start the vn.
Sep 17, 2013 9:48 AM
Apr 2013
Without spoiling, (Since I can't read Japanese) what makes this Saya girl's route so good? And I mean besides being written by Jun Maeda.
Sep 17, 2013 9:57 AM

Sep 2011
MCAL said:
Without spoiling, (Since I can't read Japanese) what makes this Saya girl's route so good? And I mean besides being written by Jun Maeda.

Let's see... Her route has the best romance from all the heroine routes in Little Busters.

Well, that's what I can tell without spoiling anything about her route.

Sep 17, 2013 1:51 PM

Sep 2012
MCAL said:
And I mean besides being written by Jun Maeda.

It's written by Maeda so you can expect the writing to be similar to Refrain, and a tone similar to AB!
Sep 17, 2013 6:39 PM

Dec 2007
To those who are curious about Saya's route I uploaded a sort of MAD/AMV that shows sprites/images from her route but doesn't give too much away. There are spoilers, but they are the sort of spoilers where you need to already be familiar with it to recognize the significance. Obviously there are people who prefer going into something completely blind, but for those who want a satiate a bit of curiosity I think it gives a nice overview of Saya's arc. And it helps that the song ain't too bad either. I'll put it in a spoiler link just in case somebody didn't read this and just randomly clicks links for some reason.

Sep 17, 2013 9:30 PM

Feb 2008
Icebreaker93 said:
Gonna wait for Rewrite anime adaptations.

>inb4 people demand Rewrite by KyoAni (now that's gonna be hilarious)

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» 'One Piece' Anime Gets Remake by WIT Studio ( 1 2 )

Hyperion_PS - Dec 17, 2023

81 by ExtremeT »»
43 minutes ago

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
6 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
7 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
9 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.