Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 14, 2013 8:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, this episode was recap but it bought me back some nostologia from season one since I watched the show years ago. Senjougahara and her long hair ;.; I already miss it.

Dem meomries. Oh God Nadeko. The last scene of was pretty nostalgic too imo.
Sep 14, 2013 8:29 AM

Apr 2013
Bakemonogatari recap.
Loved seeing all the characters again. Especially Senjougahara and Sengoku.
That scene under the stars is my fav <3
Sep 14, 2013 8:30 AM

Jul 2013
Well pretty much is a recap episode, nothing much. Talking about a recap in all those seasons that I watched give me these refreshing memories.

Sep 14, 2013 8:32 AM

Jun 2013
Oh Godamnit. Another recap?!

I hope we get more Hitagi come next arc or so... T_T
Sep 14, 2013 9:35 AM

Jul 2012
so we have to wait till next week for Nadeko Medusa

anyway, 1st PV for Otorimonogatari
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixT2cHpaG1s
Sep 14, 2013 9:51 AM

Aug 2010
Another recap? What are they thinking?
Sep 14, 2013 10:30 AM

Jun 2013
Otori before Oni?! What are they thinking?!
Sep 14, 2013 10:31 AM

Nov 2012
oh cmon.. another recap?
:/ God I was waiting for this :/

okay then..
next week nadeko arc oh shit.. shit just getting realy NOW!
Sep 14, 2013 10:34 AM

Jul 2013
So that was basically a recap of the aired Bakemonogatari. Pretty sure they're going to cover tsubasa cat and nisemonogatari in the next one.

I wonder if they're going to recap the early events of the second season in the later recaps down the road...
Sep 14, 2013 10:47 AM
Jul 2013
While it was a recap, I enjoyed it. The little bit of Nadeko they showed was enough to get me really excited for the start of Otori next week.
Sep 14, 2013 10:48 AM

Mar 2013
I ain't even mad.
Sep 14, 2013 10:55 AM

Jun 2013
Telmix how can you not be mad?! They've blue-balled us with another recap, switched Oni around with Otori for showings next week, and I don't even know if there'll even be a Koyomi Hitagi interaction this entire season! It's like leaving Lelouch out of Code Geass!
Sep 14, 2013 11:01 AM
Dec 2012
It was rushed like Araragi said, yet nice recap which refreshed me memory.
Sep 14, 2013 11:11 AM

Mar 2012
More recaps... srsly... Monogatari starts to be like Naruto (50% Flashbacks and 50% normal episodes)...
Sep 14, 2013 11:22 AM

Nov 2012
Grouchio said:
Telmix how can you not be mad?! They've blue-balled us with another recap, switched Oni around with Otori for showings next week, and I don't even know if there'll even be a Koyomi Hitagi interaction this entire season! It's like leaving Lelouch out of Code Geass!

relax... it doesn't like it will never airing anymore.. we still have much time..
let they do what they like :3
Sep 14, 2013 11:28 AM

Sep 2013
Recaps are always annoying but I'm just glad these aren't eating away at the episode count.
Every day is another step closer to animated Koimonogatari and Nirvana.

Grouchio said:
switched Oni around with Otori for showings next week

They didn't.
Sep 14, 2013 11:50 AM

Jan 2013
It's so annoying that they put recap episodes in when they could have added more episodes to an arc to make it better. Neko:Shiro could have used at least 1 more episode. LNs >> anime in this case
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Sep 14, 2013 12:13 PM
Feb 2013
Last 2 episode 2 go....or at least according to ANN.
Sep 14, 2013 12:18 PM

Sep 2013
RazorRamona200 said:
Last 2 episode 2 go....or at least according to ANN.

This series is two cours, we have around ~16 more episodes to cover 3 arcs.
Sep 14, 2013 12:58 PM

Jun 2013
Mikisugi said:
Recaps are always annoying but I'm just glad these aren't eating away at the episode count.

Grouchio said:

They didn't.

Wait....Didn't Otori come after Oni chronologically?
Sep 14, 2013 1:06 PM

Sep 2013
Grouchio said:
Mikisugi said:

Grouchio said:

They didn't.

It's really confusing to explain but Kabuki and Oni sort of happen "alongside" Neko.
When Arararagi shows up in a tattered shirt in front of Hanekawa, the events of Oni had just ended.

SHAFT is airing the arcs according to the release order of the books, and since they cut Hana from S2, Otori is next in the release order.

Timeline:
http://i.imgur.com/rmLNyzN.jpg
Sep 14, 2013 1:12 PM

Jul 2013
Haven't watched yet but is it a simple recap or a recap with something unseen also added?
Sep 14, 2013 1:14 PM

Dec 2012
Mikisugi said:
Grouchio said:
Mikisugi said:

Grouchio said:

They didn't.

It's really confusing to explain but Kabuki and Oni sort of happen "alongside" Neko.
When Arararagi shows up in a tattered shirt in front of Hanekawa, the events of Oni had just ended.

SHAFT is airing the arcs according to the release order of the books, and since they cut Hana from S2, Otori is next in the release order.

Timeline:

I know next to nothing about the novels, so is there a reason they're cutting Hanamonogatari?
Sep 14, 2013 1:23 PM

Sep 2013
DrCakey said:
Mikisugi said:
Grouchio said:
Mikisugi said:

Grouchio said:

They didn't.

Timeline:

I know next to nothing about the novels, so is there a reason they're cutting Hanamonogatari?

No explicit reason given by SHAFT but I would wager that it's a combination of the fact that Hana is currently the last novel chronologically and their horrible time management skills, remember that a tsunami had to destroy Japan's coasts for them to finish Madoka on time.

Animated Hana isn't dead though, it's airing in 2014. I just hope it doesn't take them another 8 months to release the episodes like what happened with Bake 13-15.
Sep 14, 2013 2:19 PM

Mar 2010
Grouchio said:
Otori before Oni?! What are they thinking?!

According to the published order, it is correct. Otori is before Oni. They are not going to sort it based on the chronological order.

DrCakey said:

It will be a major spoiler if they air Hana first.
The plot itself is set after the events occurred in Tsukimonogatari.
yukaru00Sep 14, 2013 2:23 PM
Sep 14, 2013 4:43 PM

Nov 2012
Recap of Bakemonogatari.Next recap is probably of the Tsubasa Cat Arc and then Nisemonogatari.

Nice to see everyone again,especially Senjougahara and Sengoku considering they don't get that much screen time.

Also nice to see Koyomi and Senjougahara's date again,brought back some nostalgic feels.And hearing the ED of Bakemonogatari too since it's been a while since I've heard it.
Sep 15, 2013 3:33 AM

Jun 2013
senaa said:
So...

are they srsly going to do a recap after every arc?

Pretty much my thoughts. What is going on with this show ? We have 11 episodes and yet 2 recaps. ._.
Sep 15, 2013 3:51 AM

Mar 2013
This is just a wild guess but could these recaps have anything to do with SHAFT being busy with Madoka 3rd movie?!
Sep 15, 2013 5:35 AM

Jul 2012
RECAP!!!

Great recap!!!
Sep 15, 2013 5:39 AM

Sep 2012
Ekkaruto said:
senaa said:
So...

are they srsly going to do a recap after every arc?

Pretty much my thoughts. What is going on with this show ? We have 11 episodes and yet 2 recaps. ._.
There will be at least a third one for Tsubasa Family and I think we can expect one after that for Nisemonogatari. Sooo... one recap after each arc.

Looks like they were planned but not sure if the studio is just busy or they want to save money or what.
Sep 15, 2013 8:27 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
There is going to be a recap in between each arc most likely. So get over it...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 15, 2013 8:45 AM

Mar 2011
T_T A recap after each arc? Is there some reason as to why SHAFT decided to do this?
Sep 15, 2013 12:30 PM

Sep 2012
Well, seeing my most favorite scene in Bake and my most favorite anime song ever is never a bad thing...

ARE GA DENEB AL-TAIR VEGA....
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 15, 2013 12:34 PM

Mar 2010
Okay. Let me explain this because most of people out there still didn't aware of the reason behind those recaps.

Actually, SHAFT has planned to make the second season series as 2 cours which spanning up to 26 episodes. By right, there should be no problem at all regarding this matter as it is sufficient enough to cover the whole 6 volumes of the original novels.
BUT!
There is a problem when it comes to Hanamonogatari, the volume which comes after Kabukimonogatari according to published order. Hanamonogatari tells us the story of the latter events that happened a year later in the series timeline, in which it should be hinting the ending of the series. Let me get this straight; Below are the arrangement based on timeline order:

Kizu->Neko Kuro->Bake->Nise->Kabuki->Oni & Neko Shiro->Otori->Koi->Tsuki->the last two chapters of Koyomi->Hana->Owari (Ougi Formula seems to be hinting the event that tooks place in between Nise and Kabuki, there are still 2 parts of the novel that still yet to be known the details)->Owari 2->Zoku Owari

So, Hana is definitely a spoiler to the non-readers as it will be hinting some events that could lead to the end of everything. That is why SHAFT has to made final arrangements to the broadcast episodes and took out Hana arc and decided to replace the arc with some recaps. Hana will be release after tv broadcast ended, specifically by 2014.

By right (based on the published order) after this week's recap, we should get Otori, as pv has been released/broadcasted) by next week.
yukaru00Sep 15, 2013 12:45 PM
Sep 15, 2013 1:19 PM

Jun 2013
I just we have some extra OVAs to go along with Hana in 2014, like Hitagi Buffet, etc.

Till then......Nadeko....XP
Sep 15, 2013 1:36 PM

Sep 2012
yukaru00 said:
So, Hana is definitely a spoiler to the non-readers as it will be hinting some events that could lead to the end of everything. That is why SHAFT has to made final arrangements to the broadcast episodes and took out Hana arc and decided to replace the arc with some recaps. Hana will be release after tv broadcast ended, specifically by 2014.
While everything you said about the timeline order and the contents of Hana is correct, but it is not like Shaft planned the 2-cour for this season 2 before the novels were published. By the time they started planning, Hana would have been out already, so taking out Hana arc should not be some urgent action. Besides, they can always just shuffle the production and broadcast sequence and put Hana at last -- in this case there is no need to fill the cour with scattered recap episodes.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 15, 2013 2:11 PM

Mar 2010
symbv said:
yukaru00 said:
While everything you said about the timeline order and the contents of Hana is correct, but it is not like Shaft planned the 2-cour for this season 2 before the novels were published. By the time they started planning, Hana would have been out already, so taking out Hana arc should not be some urgent action. Besides, they can always just shuffle the production and broadcast sequence and put Hana at last -- in this case there is no need to fill the cour with scattered recap episodes.

Previously, they are planning to broadcast Hana after Kabuki even though they knew the situation behind it. Final arrangements to omit Hana from the tv broadcast has been made late and they cannot just reduce the episodes less than 20 because they have to met the conditions that are made between them and the TV stations. Broadcasting business is a serious business. Putting Hana as the last sequence will just jumbled up all stuff and it isn't practical at all. There are still few more books yet to be published and SHAFT and us do not even know the real ending yet. Hana is most probably just the midquel to the ending sequence of the story.

So just enjoy those recaps. At least they made Araragi narrates those recaps instead of just mix and match existing footage.
Sep 15, 2013 2:22 PM

Nov 2012
Man instead of going on about how hard it is to do 15 eps in 30 min, how about doing one new ep in 30 min? XD

Sep 15, 2013 5:05 PM

Jun 2013
So where are those subs?
Sep 16, 2013 1:57 AM

Dec 2011
Another recap, srly...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2013 11:27 AM

Jun 2013
Need more screentime for Hitagi!
Sep 16, 2013 11:37 AM

Mar 2010
Wadezig said:
Need more screentime for Hitagi!

Senjougahara will not get much screentime this season, even in Koimonogatari arc.
Sorry to say.
Sep 16, 2013 5:19 PM

Apr 2010
Bad part about this episode is probably the fact that it's a recap the good part about this episode is that i got to enjoy some Araragi abuse.
And the old Senjougahara even tho i skipped most of this episode.
Sep 17, 2013 9:36 PM

May 2012
well I'm not going to complain because this ep refreshed my memory of Bake.
Sep 17, 2013 10:01 PM

May 2013
I liked this recap.
Sep 17, 2013 10:08 PM

Feb 2010
Even being a recap, I really enjoyed it. Cute and pretty nostalgic.
"...To kiss, that beautiful woman cherry-like lips"
Sep 17, 2013 10:14 PM

May 2013
nice recap episode 5/5
Sep 18, 2013 1:27 AM

Jan 2013
If only that kiss scene was animated and didn't pan up into the sky.
That would have made this recap worth it
Sep 18, 2013 8:07 AM
Mar 2013
God i miss Senjougaharas long hair
Sep 18, 2013 10:27 AM
May 2012
I don't mind the recaps, but I recently rewatched bake and nise. Still they moving so slow with these recaps.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

724 by solodust »»
May 3, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2013

320 by SouthRzVa »»
May 3, 9:31 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2013

257 by SouthRzVa »»
May 1, 5:47 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

165 by SouthRzVa »»
May 1, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2013

432 by Kiikani »»
Apr 25, 11:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.