Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 4, 2012 2:03 PM
Apr 2011
I dont understand the black guy stereotype? Did sleep with him, what on earth did that part mean? Does the blood represent a human desire. OVERALL: was the black guy in her dream?
Jul 29, 2012 5:23 AM

May 2008
DEEP episode.

It's nice to get a Lyuze-centric episode I guess.
Aug 23, 2012 3:17 AM

Oct 2009
Wow this show is sooo melodramatic!
Sep 16, 2012 10:33 AM
Jul 2012
Droping this show.
Sep 20, 2012 10:22 PM

Sep 2010
GoldenBRS said:
Droping this show.

You're really not going to finish it after watching this far? wtf
Sep 21, 2012 1:39 PM
Mar 2009
What the crap? The real world girl thing was confusing and somewhat creepy.

Did she repeat herself around the middle of the episode...?

What the shit. A random black guy appears and then it's implied they had sex? What the fuck. I don't understand these robots.

That was an acid trip inducing episode.
Sep 22, 2012 10:31 PM

Oct 2011
Holy crap,I was so confused throughout the whole episodes.
It was quite good,yet confusing.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Sep 23, 2012 2:41 AM

Jul 2008
Ugh, just what this series needed, a whole episode that needed just a line of dialogue of explanation.

God damn this slow pace.
Sep 27, 2012 6:58 AM

Jul 2012
dbaranyi said:

Huh? That was an "EVA" - quality episode. Is Lyuze halucinating because of the Rust?

I made that same connection to the last few episodes of EVA. This episode was really weird... Especially the part where Lyuze does the nasty and kills that one guy. I didn't really follow that part...

kinda thinking it was pointless fanservice :I
Apr 14, 2013 1:06 AM

Jan 2012
That was a psychodelic experience o.o
This episode was beautiful, although I don't understand WHY now (really, why Lyuze started to think just now? It should have happened a few eps ago. On the other hand this episode can be seen as some special that dosn't have any direct impact on the plot, also because Lyuze is breaking the forth wall out of nowhere)
and WHY there (this "city" was a bad idea imo Im sure that in Casshern's world there are hundreds of better, more beautiful and interesting places worth to be shown).
And omg what was the creepy ring girl about?
First I've thought it might be Lyuze's sister that put the curse on Lyuze? but nay...

lzumi-chan said:
How could Lyuze be small once? Isn't she a robot who didn't decay in 100 years?

Yeah, that bothers me too. I think that it was just a dream, so the child might be a projection of her past self in body of a five year old (for us, either way we could get confused with the time and space lapses within this ep :P) but we have a few eps left, so maybe it will turn out that some robots can age?
May 21, 2013 11:41 AM
Aug 2011
So basically she just wants Casshern to fuck her. Girl is so horny she's hallucinating.
I still hate Lyuze, 1/5 for this episode.

NightRiff said:
GoldenBRS said:
Droping this show.

You're really not going to finish it after watching this far? wtf

I really want to drop this but i'm holding on because i'm so close to the end. :s
Otherwise i'd drop this harder than Lyuze's non-existent dick.
Jul 21, 2013 7:44 AM

Dec 2012
For some reason this episode didn't annoy me. Weird. I normally hate things like this.
Oct 21, 2013 1:33 PM
Jul 2012
Meh. After putting this on my dropped list and put on-hold and a friend that likes this explaining to me what happened in the last episodes I last watched on Toonami, I still don't get this episode.Basically this episode is about what is going is "kill Casshern" yada and scenes of Luna while she is a child. Ehh Casshern makes the show awesome because he is awesome.
3/5
Feb 1, 2014 7:38 PM

Nov 2013
Holy fuck that episode was weird. That was a whole lot of character development, barbie doll anatomy, and mind fuck. Didn't really like this episode too fucking weird for me and that black guy scared the shit out of me.

2/5

Feb 21, 2014 2:56 PM

May 2012
That imposed sex scene was just off story an totally didn't fit and the fact that he was black only worsened it... Totally lowered the overall score for me would've dropped this series if it wasn't almost finished.
Mar 4, 2014 5:52 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
What da funk have I just seen? I totally didn't expect this kind of episode/concept/visuals in Casshern Sins. It's like the director saw The Ring and Evangelion the night before working on this episode.

I get that they have to develop Lyeda's conflicting emotions for Casshern and her character in general. But I think this could have been done some episodes before, and the dream sequences didn't need to be so out there. What was up with Lyeda and the random guy she 'did' it with and then killed? I don't even know what that is trying to tell us.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 16, 2014 7:44 AM

Jul 2008
This show really likes to take things that are simple and make them appear complicated as hell. It's like a 5 year old trying to understand texts written by philosophers. I usually like this kind of episode, but it wasn't needed and it wasn't done very well.
Apr 18, 2014 11:21 AM

Jan 2013
Lots of symbolism here!
So basically Lyuze have the hots for Casshern and apparently wants to have sex with him?!
I think it was a decent episode but the symbolisms could've been done in a better way.
The 2nd half has been a bit underwhelming so far compared to the 1st half.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Sep 9, 2014 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
wat

Even though I've been thinking about it (and in the end, I was right, as always)-----

---still........

wat
Dec 2, 2014 7:05 PM

Jul 2014
Best cathartic episode since EVA's final episodes. The people that call this ep shit because it wasn't spoon fed to them is sad. Since when has layered characterization been a bad thing?
5/5
Jan 6, 2016 2:09 AM

Jan 2013
Bizarre, but some pretty imagery.
Nice character development and self discovery
Feb 23, 2016 3:54 PM
Oct 2014
Wait, so do robots grow from child robots into adult robots like humans?
Apr 20, 2016 12:33 PM

Sep 2013
18 episodes in and some people still don't get the Casshern's story telling way rofl.
May 9, 2016 7:58 PM

Sep 2015
It resembles EVA so much, which I, for some reason, really like
Any cute girls please feel free to join my harem: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=70667
May 19, 2016 11:57 PM

Jan 2010

Well. I think that was my favorite Casshern Sins episode.

It wasn't the cuts to blurred real life images that lend to otherworldly feelings of uncertainty and unease. It wasn't the dream within a dream within a dream-like imagery-driven introspection, mirroring Lyuze retracing her mental steps between her feelings towards Lize and Casshern. It wasn't even the fact that the episode employed violence and sexuality thematically so that as the episode progressed, the imagry would get more intense in correlation with Lyuze's feelings of love and bloodlust. It was the fact that the entire episode was dedicated to Lyuze, a main-ish character whom I didn't expect much complexity from, and fleshed her character out in a manner which recalls some of my favorite character-driven introspective journeys.

A few other things though: first, I'm glad that we have the confirmation that years have indeed passed since Luna's death. Second, now I'm even more confused about how robots work in this world. They can apparently start as children and grow to be "adults," unless this was Lyuze imagining herself and Lize as children. That wasn't entirely clear. Third, I don't know why the middle of the episode was seemingly set in what I can only describe as public housing projects in the US, aka "the projects." Was that to set the universe in our world, or was that just to look cool and contemporary? Lastly, where did this development even come from? I don't think it was ever really established that Lyuze had a thing for Casshern. They never really had much interactions before the past few episodes. I don't even recall them fighting together more than once, and that was just Casshern standing there taking the slashes. She was the an on-and-off again character appearing in the background before becoming an actual character sometime in the second half of the show. Heck, I'm not even sure how this "can I, a robot, feel love?" bit makes sense 'cause of how human the robots already seem. Perhaps this is a play on how the dichotomy of humans and robots have blended? Who knows.

Anyways, I'm glad that Casshern Sins has got me to start asking such questions. It means that I'm really, really paying attention now. That was great.
ShockedMay 20, 2016 12:03 AM
Feb 11, 2017 6:29 AM
May 2015
Great episode. Maybe even the best so far. Very subtle development for Lyuze and really adding more depth to her character first showing her overcoming her long-term struggle with the death of her sister and then finally admitting her love for Casshern which she hasn't really realized until that moment. It's a very artistic episode with great development and lots of subtlety. I wouldn't have it any other way.
Apr 17, 2017 11:51 AM
May 2016
This is what it takes for Lyuze to understand her feelings.Her only purpose of life was to avenge her sister by killing Casshern but now she doesnt even want to try doing it.
Towards the end of the episode her big sister appears (at the age she died) and confesses that she sinned for making her waste her life for a matter of her own but she believes that it could be good after all since she met Casshern , the man who made her fall in love.The rl girl in black and white is her past self , you can understand it in the end of episode that it waves to her when she finally understands her feelings , evolving to a new self.Also the title is revealing too!
I can understand why some people would be like wtf? about this episode but I liked it , it proved that the scripter and director werent afraid to stand out from normal anime and also their will for a deeper meaning of the anime itself. Thank you
Apr 17, 2017 12:02 PM
May 2016
A7xsynyster said:
I dont understand the black guy stereotype? Did sleep with him, what on earth did that part mean? Does the blood represent a human desire. OVERALL: was the black guy in her dream?

"I will grand your wish" , she wants to fall in love with Casshern including doing everything related to that..But she cant since this is so wrong , her sister got murdered by him.The guy offers to fuck her , like a prostitute , Lyuze accepts as she tries to fill the forbiden feeling for romance with Casshern but in the end she ends up killing the guy since she understands that this is not why she was looking for..
At least this is what I think.
Oct 9, 2017 10:56 PM

Jan 2014
Man this was a mindfuck...were the live action scenes suppose to represent Lyuzes sister? ( Hella creepy lol )

Really get to see inside Lyuzes mind, about her sister, and Casshern. She keeps remembering how her sister dies as they keep repeating the same scene with her in the episode, crumbling away into tiny pieces and having her eye smashed to nothing. Its as if she can't take the image out of her mind no matter how many times she tries to avoid it, even when she attempts to forget it by seeking vengeance, her emotions become a vortex, cycling back and forth between rage and love....someone who killed her sister, someone who brought ruin to all life, is the person who she fell in love with. She knows Casshern is responsible for everything, and yet he is trying to make amends for everything, he knows his sin will never be forgiven, but even so, Casshern wants to save as many people as possible, he wants warm moments with the people he comes across, he desires moments that are peaceful and happy, even when the world is destroyed. He wears his heart on his sleeve, and that was the Casshern she fell in love with, the gentle, caring person who is known to be one of the 3 killing machines created solely for death. Death and life going around in a endless cycle....Just one episode of Casshern Sins makes you really think about what the show is trying to convey as a piece of art, in just 1 episode alone, it spawns a small story, that can span forever

My god I love this show
Mar 11, 2018 5:46 PM

Apr 2016
Terrible and disappointing episode
Oct 22, 2018 7:17 PM
Sep 2015
WTF, who let some random pothead direct this episode?
Feb 16, 2019 7:15 AM

Jan 2013
umm what was the point of this whole episode lel? coz it sure didnt add to the story progression in any measurable way.
Jun 1, 2019 9:36 PM

Jul 2016
Another filler episode
Apr 12, 2020 2:45 PM

Apr 2008
Hahaha she said "His hand pierced me". You knew she was in love.

I think it's a bit touching that she likes Casshern. He's difficult to dislike; Lyuze was dreaming of her turmoil, but wanted to follow Casshern. She keeps meeting up with him though.

It also exploits the theme that these robots have essence.
Jun 30, 2020 1:16 AM
Jun 2020
err just one question ....why was there a character hitting on her for no reason, and then she goes and bangs him .....and and then kills him ....and why was he the only black person in the anime .....im sorta lost on this episode. i mean i get everything else the inner struggle stuff and its suppose to be a dream ...but then out of no where this dude just shows up, wants to have sex with her, and she murders him ......why ? like ....what point did that have and why was he black ?
Sep 21, 2020 6:52 AM

Sep 2019
RedHeadYoko said:
A7xsynyster said:

"I will grand your wish" , she wants to fall in love with Casshern including doing everything related to that..But she cant since this is so wrong , her sister got murdered by him.The guy offers to fuck her , like a prostitute , Lyuze accepts as she tries to fill the forbiden feeling for romance with Casshern but in the end she ends up killing the guy since she understands that this is not why she was looking for..
So that is just a dream of her?
Sep 21, 2020 7:43 AM
May 2016
Avichii said:
RedHeadYoko said:

My man , it has been 3 years since I wrote that but as far as I remember , it seemed like it took place inside her head. Like a dream yes! XD
Sep 21, 2020 7:51 AM

Sep 2019
RedHeadYoko said:
Avichii said:

My man , it has been 3 years since I wrote that but as far as I remember , it seemed like it took place inside her head. Like a dream yes! XD
Homie you're a real man. I just Quoted out of desperation I never thought you'd reply. And thanks this helped a lot.
Sep 21, 2020 7:59 AM
May 2016
Avichii said:
RedHeadYoko said:

Homie you're a real man. I just Quoted out of desperation I never thought you'd reply. And thanks this helped a lot.
Hhahaha , np ,you're lucky I really liked this anime!
Jan 25, 2021 9:58 AM
Dec 2019
From what I can tell not only is it talking about Llyuze's conflict between love and hate for Casshern but her struggle to escape the shadow of her sister. The shattering of her sister's eye represents the shattering of her way of seeing things, and Llyuze's contemplation is her forging her own path and seeing things for herself. She perceived her sister's direction to be protecting Luna and getting revenge, but she has since adjusted her vision considering her attraction to him and his character development. At the end she no longer feels bound by her sister's wishes.

Really, though, some things are better left unsaid. If I'm getting this right and I'm not missing anything, such an internal conflict is quite obvious and readily understood. She's falling in love with the guy that wronged her and she also feels like this love would be betraying he sister. This transition could've been better executed by showing subtle interactions between Casshern and Llyuze while inserting shots of her sister from time to time. The evolution of her relationship and mindset would be shown quietly as the scene goes from her sister covering her eyes as kids to her sister walking away from the field and they're both grown up. Have a scene where Llyuze finds herself being too warm to Casshern only to see the image of her sister, so she recoils. Have an end scene, probably at a pivotal point where Casshern has shown that he cares a lot and/or is injured after the battle, where Llyuze finally makes her peace with her sister as she walks away in the field. The way it's done here is rather heavy handed and makes for abrupt development.
RecynonJan 25, 2021 10:02 AM
Jan 12, 2022 2:37 PM

Dec 2015
Too bad the characters drawings were often so badly defined because the episode looked good overall. A very welcomed change in scenery that came along a jarring shift in episode "content": an unexpected secondary character dive.

4/5
Jun 3, 2022 12:35 AM

Feb 2021
Boring up until the end. I was already aware of everything Lyuze was developing with Casshern beforehand, they're just emphasizing self explanatory shit I don't need to be reminded of
Dec 31, 2022 5:36 AM

Jan 2015
Great episode. I love the deep introspection into Lyuzes feelings and inner conflicts. She loves Casshern! Which is so cute. I'm really a sucker for that. I can understand her conflict. She wants to avenge her sister, bu because Casshern lost his memory he's essentially a different person. Plus he's sweet and caring and protective of those important to him. Also he's beautiful but that's just vanity. The trippiness of the episode worked so well, like an episode of EVA. She's conflicted, seeing her sister everywhere she looks, seeing her past self, mindlessly hooking up with people in her hazy mind state. What's interesting is that she killed the guy after they had sex, which shows both how casual killing happens in this post apocalyptic world, and how little shes thinking clearly right now.

The art was amazing. Especially the graffiti. Really cool to se, props to who ever designed that.

I don't know if Casshern will feel the same love back, but I kinda hope so, because they would make a great pair. I kinda want it to happen.
Dec 2, 2023 7:59 PM

Oct 2019
OK. That was an ep.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

slayer545-sama - Nov 20, 2008

92 by GabrielWhite »»
Feb 15, 10:33 PM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 22 Discussion

shoxk - Mar 8, 2009

36 by P_e_r_i »»
Dec 19, 2023 7:17 AM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 20 Discussion

dbaranyi - Feb 18, 2009

28 by FireRifle64 »»
Dec 7, 2023 10:42 AM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Oct 16, 2008

94 by FireRifle64 »»
Nov 24, 2023 9:21 AM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

dbaranyi - Mar 16, 2009

179 by -Xenophon- »»
Oct 24, 2023 12:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.