Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 9, 2013 11:03 AM

Jan 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Oh shi- the Gatchaman team and Crowds in the same place at once! Hajime and Rui finally meet!
VioLinkAug 9, 2013 11:40 AM
[center]
Aug 9, 2013 11:57 AM

Nov 2011

"Broken child"? Hmm....
>Everyone can become heroes. That talk with Umeda-san about idealism and stuff was kinda interesting I guess. Changing the world isn't so damn easy, you know?

I keep forgetting that Rui is a trap. Poor guy..

Oh and Hajime looks cute in a ponytail. JUST SAYING.Ofc, she's badass to be a hero/Gatchman. Decent episode with the tunnel drama. Dat cliffhanger...

I'll look forward to seeing what happens next time~
Aug 9, 2013 12:12 PM

Jan 2011
Stark700 said:

My heart

Stark700 said:
"Broken child"? Hmm....
>Everyone can become heroes. That talk with Umeda-san about idealism and stuff was kinda interesting I guess. Changing the world isn't so damn easy, you know?

I guess he wants Rui to do more or something? I need subs for this.
Stark700 said:
Oh and Hajime looks cute in a ponytail. JUST SAYING.Ofc, she's badass to be a hero/Gatchman. Decent episode with the tunnel drama. Dat cliffhanger...

Yeah that part was definitely badass, I just hope she is gonna be okay.
[center]
Aug 9, 2013 12:27 PM

Jun 2012
Wait Berg Katse reports to someone above him!? Not good...
HybridMBLAug 9, 2013 12:32 PM
Aug 9, 2013 12:56 PM

May 2013
It is getting interesting.
Aug 9, 2013 1:11 PM

Jan 2011
Hybridbloodszak said:
Wait Berg Katse reports to someone above him!? Not good...

He was relaying a message from Sousei X (Rui's A.I. assistant). But yeah Sousei X is Berg Katse's leader in the orginal series.
[center]
Aug 9, 2013 1:22 PM
Jan 2013
Man she is Bleeding ALOT and i was like " FUCK YEAH FINALLY" when she transformed <3
Aug 9, 2013 1:30 PM

Aug 2012
That cliffhanger! I love the Gatchaman that gets played when they transform, its so perfect.

Aug 9, 2013 1:35 PM

Apr 2013
Utsu-tsu is getting cuter by the episode.

That scene where Rui dropped in with all the CROWDS was pretty cool.

Rui looked surprised when she saw Hajime's bird. I wonder what she knows about Gatchaman, or if she was one before.
Many possibilities. This show is keeping a pretty good mysterious feel to it.
MillsAug 9, 2013 1:41 PM
Aug 9, 2013 1:38 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
aww dont end at spot like that.. not even preview of next ep :(
Aug 9, 2013 1:48 PM
Dec 2012
Mills said:
I wonder what she knows about Gatchaman, or if she was one before.
Many possibilities. This show is keeping a pretty good mysterious feel to it.

Didn't she previously mention that Gatchaman don't exist?

HA! Joe didn't die after all. I was actually expecting him to stop the fire, but I guess not. Sure we don't see him after the explosion but lets just give that a minute.

Also, props to Hajime for asking the burning question, "Why can't Gatchaman operate in the open". If only she was a bit more couth about it, it might all go over better.
ImosaAug 9, 2013 1:52 PM
Aug 9, 2013 2:04 PM

Mar 2013
Hajime is bleeding from her mouth and on the side of her face and still keeps a smile. All I could think at the moment was expecting her to say those magic words: "Bird Go!"

The rest of the episode is meh except for the part where Rui tries to bring one of the hundred to reason. And he doesn't listen. Just like most people, when they get power they want to go up the stairs of life using it and it ends up corrupting their minds... well played.
Aug 9, 2013 2:25 PM

Aug 2010
VioLink said:
Stark700 said:

My heart

Utsutsu was sooo kawaiii in that scene <3

Loving Hajime. Her ponytail was cute. And I love how she always says "Hajime-su" XD
She was BA at the end. Bleeding and all that but charging without caring at all.

Really Dat cliffhanger was awesome.

Loved Rui's conflict and his entrance was pretty epic! Like a BOSS.

Can't wait for nxt ep. This is getting better and better.

And Damn Miyano seems to be enjoying his role as Berg lol XD
Aug 9, 2013 2:35 PM

Jun 2011
This was great looks like he found out that there are heroes.
I just love the ost 'gatchaman' every time she transform. It gets me hyped up!
Aug 9, 2013 2:44 PM
Dec 2012
So like, does this look like a young Hajime to anyone else?

What does that make this guy?

That's right.
CROWDS ACCESSES AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE WHERE HAJIME IS YOUNGER, JOE IS HER DAD, JJ IS BERG, AND SUGANE IS A JUNGLE GYM!!!
Or maybe Hajime has relatives, that works too.
Aug 9, 2013 2:56 PM
Jan 2008
Why does everyone think Joe was gonna die?
Aug 9, 2013 2:57 PM
Apr 2013
Is it wrong for me to find Rui-Rui very attractive as a girl? I love his outfit when using the Crowds power! Dat red and black combi <3

Berg Katze seems to enjoy trolling a lot, nice reference/foreshadowing to "Sousai X" there, and also pretty nice job at getting the Gatchaman crew to think of Rui-Rui as the villian instead of himself - I was totally expecting Berg to reveal himself like he did to Jou but I guess he had better ideas XD

That aside, I wonder what the heck happened to O.D in this episode, its the first time we don't see him around at all. Aww well, all the cute/funny/awesome Hajime scenes makes up for it :D

And that Cliffhanger!!! Finally Rui meets Hajime o w o
Aug 9, 2013 3:03 PM
Dec 2012
PhoenixIce said:
Why does everyone think Joe was gonna die?

Dude, did you not see the red paper bird burst into flame. RED! that's the color of Joe's Notebook. Its not bullet proof but that's just how fan theories work.
Can someone list all the colors of people? I don't feel like looking it up myself.
Joe is Red, Hajime is White, Pai is Pink, that's all I know.

Rui-Rui said:
also pretty nice job at getting the Gatchaman crew to think of Rui-Rui as the villian instead of himself

If that is the plan I wonder how its gonna work out.
Aug 9, 2013 3:09 PM
Apr 2013
@Imosa: The colors for the other character's notes are here:

Utsusu - Yellow
O.D - Teal-ish
Sugane - Green
Berg - Orange-ish
Rui - Purple/Blue
Aug 9, 2013 3:12 PM

Dec 2012
It was a good episode with Rui. I find him far more interesting than the Gatchaman team.

Members of the Hundred are probably the original creators of GALAX and X, alongside Rui. Not surprisingly, they knew about Rui's power of Crowds, and they have hoped to use his Crowds for their own ambitions. Rui did not choose the best group of people to hang out with. That Demon Trickster has obviously planted seeds so that Rui would have to become the antagonist. I really sympathize with Rui's ideals. He has a pure heart and a noble cause. Ironically, human's greed will set doom to his world.

Imosa said:
That's right.
CROWDS ACCESSES AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE WHERE HAJIME IS YOUNGER, JOE IS HER DAD, JJ IS BERG, AND SUGANE IS A JUNGLE GYM!!!

I'm doubtful about that being the true nature of Rui's power.
Aug 9, 2013 3:13 PM

May 2012
Go Hajime!
Aug 9, 2013 3:32 PM
Dec 2012
Kinda shocking Umeda is double faced. That execution was brilliant. Hajime's grandstanding is getting annoying even if she is right. Since it's against team play, she better leave the team to act alone. A big quake is going to occur? Curious to see next episode.
Aug 9, 2013 3:37 PM
Jun 2013
...I hate cliffhangers =_= But Rui and Hajime finally meeting? Yes. I am so looking forward to next week. :D
I love how this show is keeping me on my toes with all these twists and these conversations about idealism and power etc. Such good social commentary.
And Utsutsu continues to be the cutest little being evar. ;w;
Aug 9, 2013 3:37 PM

Dec 2012
Rui-Rui said:
That aside, I wonder what the heck happened to O.D in this episode, its the first time we don't see him around at all. Aww well, all the cute/funny/awesome Hajime scenes makes up for it :D

Well, he was talking to Hajime through GALAX, but yeah, no actual appearances.

Rui-Rui said:

I wonder what the different symbols mean, though. Berg Katze's NOTE has the Gatchaman symbol in the same style of the "CROWDS" in the anime name. Rui's has two triangles?
Aug 9, 2013 3:54 PM

Oct 2012
Another great episode. The OST really stood out for me again. That ending was also really intense.

I wonder what Berg Katze is up to?
Aug 9, 2013 4:13 PM
Apr 2013
Tulicloure said:
I wonder what the different symbols mean, though. Berg Katze's NOTE has the Gatchaman symbol in the same style of the "CROWDS" in the anime name. Rui's has two triangles?

Well, Berg does has JJ's note making powers and JJ did call him a "Bird with Broken Wings" or something earlier on, so his symbol could be a sign of him being a Fallen Gatchaman...as for Rui, his Note symbol is somewhat similar to the 'eye' part in Berg's icon as seen in the OP scene which would make sense considering Berg made it:

As for why Pai-Pai and Jou has a slightly different symbol than the others - either the animators made an error and cbd to change it, or it has story significance someday.
FreqnAug 9, 2013 4:20 PM
Aug 9, 2013 4:14 PM

May 2011
It was a beautiful vision, but there's so much variation between people that expecting everyone would be happy from that really does seem like madness. But it is a kind of madness I could enjoy.

And in a way Rui does match up with Hajime. Wanting people to be happy and work together. Only Hajime recognizes people do come with different views and wants. Good character foil is good. :D
Aug 9, 2013 4:50 PM

Oct 2009
Rui-Rui said:
Tulicloure said:

Well, Berg does has JJ's note making powers and JJ did call him a "Bird with Broken Wings" or something earlier on, so his symbol could be a sign of him being a Fallen Gatchaman...as for Rui, his Note symbol is somewhat similar to the 'eye' part in Berg's icon as seen in the OP scene which would make sense considering Berg made it:

As for why Pai-Pai and Jou has a slightly different symbol than the others - either the animators made an error and cbd to change it, or it has story significance someday.

Actually, if we consider the fact from the original series, there's a possibility that
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Aug 9, 2013 4:54 PM

Jan 2013
This was a nice episode, does anyone know when the OST comes out?
Aug 9, 2013 5:01 PM
Apr 2013
azzuRe said:
Actually, if we consider the fact from the original series, there's a possibility that

I have never seen the original series before, but that theory sounds interesting and slightly possible actually - would like to see what would happen if it was real.

@KiddKon: 28th August, the ED song is inside the OST as well - http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=MED-CD2-13301

Did anyone notice that strange yellow bird with blue spots on the wings during JJ's scene? I wonder what meaning does it hold for it to follow the white bird (which we know is Hajime) - it could be symbolising Rui and Hajime's relationship further on in the series....
FreqnAug 9, 2013 5:04 PM
Aug 9, 2013 5:17 PM

Dec 2012
Thinking some more, the "eye" symbol is diamond shaped, which relates to Berg's "tail". Seems so obvious now that I'm feeling kinda stupid...

azzuRe said:

I've been meaning to ask: what happened to Berg in the end of the original series? (Use spoiler tags, of course)
Aug 9, 2013 5:56 PM

Jan 2013
@Rui Run Thanks
Aug 9, 2013 6:15 PM

Jan 2011
Tulicloure said:

I've been meaning to ask: what happened to Berg in the end of the original series? (Use spoiler tags, of course)

[center]
Aug 9, 2013 6:20 PM

Dec 2012
VioLink said:
Tulicloure said:

Huh, that raises so many questions...
Thanks!
Aug 9, 2013 6:59 PM

Nov 2008
I just re-watched the last few minutes of the episode and I realized that the artists wasted a great opportunity to show us some of Hajime's massive chest as her left shirt strap dangled - all we got were a couple of tantalizing glimpses! <g>
Aug 9, 2013 7:15 PM

Jul 2013
Ugh, cliffhanger. I'm excited for the next episode. It's getting more interesting.
Aug 9, 2013 7:45 PM

Aug 2007
Good episode. A little sad theres a cliffhanger, but they really set it up here. I'm curious on how Rui is going to take seeing a Gatchaman now.
Aug 9, 2013 7:47 PM

Nov 2012
i love rui ah im so glad they finally meet
anyway number 26's daughter reminded me a lot of hajime
maybe thats hajime's dad??? or he looks too young

i wonder how rui will react to the gatchaman though
this was a very cute episode and i loved hajime's courage
Aug 9, 2013 8:09 PM

Jul 2012
Great episode once again. Shit just keeps getting real every episode. Dat cliffhanger though... They really know how to keep me watching this show. (How is this so low rated again? Oh, right.... mal...)
Wecc said:
All Hail HaXXspetten King of the Loli Traps!

Aug 9, 2013 8:29 PM

Jul 2013
awww, it ended at the best moment. And there was no preview of the next episode :( Another weak to wait.
Aug 9, 2013 8:57 PM

Apr 2012
I love how Hajime is never listening to anyone and happy all the time :D
Aug 9, 2013 9:39 PM

Jul 2011
I feel like I'm one of the few that is still confused about the story. I suppose I have a general grasp of what's going on, but not really...

On another note, this anime has moments I just absolutely love, like when Hajime transformed at the end. I love the opening and ending too. Gets me excited. :)
Aug 9, 2013 10:38 PM

Jul 2012
AOTS for me!!
Aug 9, 2013 11:13 PM

Apr 2009
That ending was intense as hell.
Aug 9, 2013 11:25 PM

Jan 2011
The last few minutes were really intense! Hajime was injured pretty badly and was still determined to go and help out. Rui eventually relies on the Crowds power and finds out about the existence of Gatchaman. :3 First half was pretty slow but picked up in the second half. :)
5/5
Aug 9, 2013 11:35 PM

Aug 2012
Miyano Mamoru is probably having a lot of fun with Berg Katse, he's doing insanely good at it.
Aug 9, 2013 11:52 PM

Jan 2009
finally Rui discovered the other gatchamans
Aug 10, 2013 1:31 AM

Jan 2013
Really good episode, imo.
Hajime in dat new outfit.
Dat cliffhanger...
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Aug 10, 2013 2:22 AM

Nov 2009
the ending song and it's climaxes are getting too intense for me XDDD
This is one hell of an anime
Aug 10, 2013 4:29 AM

Jun 2013
azzuRe said:

well maybe is just coicidence but that would make sense specially on that scene when
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Jul 12, 2013

299 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 7, 4:53 AM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2013

122 by CartoonVelocirap »»
Dec 14, 2023 7:36 PM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

VioLink - Sep 27, 2013

213 by epidemia78 »»
Jan 19, 2023 4:49 AM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

93 by epidemia78 »»
Jan 19, 2023 2:31 AM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

VioLink - Sep 13, 2013

103 by epidemia78 »»
Jan 18, 2023 1:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.