Forum Settings
Forums

New Anime Project for Manga 'Break Blade' Announced

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 8, 2013 4:08 PM

Jun 2009
What a coincidence, just finished watching movie 6 yesterday. Well, the ending was kinda meh, lets hope they will stay true to the manga at this time. Or else, pretty good and enjoyable mecha series!

Aug 8, 2013 4:11 PM

Oct 2011
Awesome news! Still have yet to watch the rest of the movies and I love it~ So glad it's getting a series, this time following the manga. Really really hope it's good.

Aug 8, 2013 5:03 PM

Oct 2012
That's great news.

The movies had the potential to be great but various aspects felt incomplete (particularly with regards to a certain character).

Will definitely watch this.

"Why did he have to surrender, what is more in the outside world, huh, sumptuousness, freedom? Nowhere in the world are you going to find them fools! Fools!" -USSR president, Future War 198X-nen
Aug 8, 2013 5:05 PM

Jul 2013
Watched the movies some time ago, first half was interesting but the second half was so-so. I hope they'll do a reboot and just follow the manga this time.

Anyone have any idea how the story progression in the manga is, is it near the end or still far off? I don't want to read it yet since I don't want to spoil myself :>

Aug 8, 2013 5:27 PM

Dec 2009
I am very Excited for this. Loved the Original.
Aug 8, 2013 5:34 PM

Jul 2010
Was always on the fence about starting the movies, maybe I'll give the anime a whirl.
Aug 8, 2013 5:37 PM

Jan 2011
The ending was a little > >

But it was a legit movie series. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Twas eye candy with a good narrative...until the events leading up to the end.
Aug 8, 2013 6:53 PM

Oct 2011
Ehx said:
I'm wet.
Lol XD
Aug 8, 2013 7:15 PM

Jul 2008
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
I liked the movies and anything more mecha is always welcome. I hope this turns out well reboot/sequel...........anything is fine by me.

Ero-Camel said:
I'm only at movie 3 and I thought it was the best one yet. Shows I can't trust the MAL community, I need to watch everything myself.

Dude just watch the things MAL community hates with all they got, they usually turn out pretty well in most of the cases.

I plan to watch Gundam Seed & Destiny after I'm done with Break Blade.
Aug 8, 2013 7:45 PM

Oct 2007
EasyGo-er said:
Watched the movies some time ago, first half was interesting but the second half was so-so. I hope they'll do a reboot and just follow the manga this time.

Anyone have any idea how the story progression in the manga is, is it near the end or still far off? I don't want to read it yet since I don't want to spoil myself :>

Again a lot of this has to do with the manga not being very far along. It's really obvious a lot of times when this is the case. Of course exceptions like Magi exist where they burnt through a perfectly good manga with 100+ chapters worth of material for no explicable reason only to announce another season only a year later.
Aug 8, 2013 8:53 PM

Sep 2012
Antanaru said:
Actually there were very few Slice of Life series in recent years, most of things people tend to call slice of life are just romantic comedies or school comedies or boring action series. I'd appreciate if people stopped calling everything slow paced or boring slice of life...
Romcom and action are not slice-of-life as it is known in Japan, but many school comedies would fall into slice-of-life genre as understood in Japan though.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 8, 2013 9:27 PM

May 2012
Lol ? They fucked up the plot points in the movie already and still want to fuck it up more ?

K

Manga > Movie
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Aug 8, 2013 9:28 PM

May 2012
Ero-Camel said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
I liked the movies and anything more mecha is always welcome. I hope this turns out well reboot/sequel...........anything is fine by me.

Ero-Camel said:
I'm only at movie 3 and I thought it was the best one yet. Shows I can't trust the MAL community, I need to watch everything myself.

Dude just watch the things MAL community hates with all they got, they usually turn out pretty well in most of the cases.

I plan to watch Gundam Seed & Destiny after I'm done with Break Blade.

Lol, just read da manga
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Aug 8, 2013 10:01 PM

Nov 2012
LOL I haven't even watched the movie and they're gonna make a new one ?
if it would be a reboot, then I don't want to waste my time to watch it
Aug 8, 2013 10:43 PM
Oct 2010
love all the movies. Love the queen. She's hot.
Aug 8, 2013 11:35 PM
May 2012
Is this good?
Aug 8, 2013 11:43 PM

Jul 2012
I really look forward to having a read.
Aug 8, 2013 11:54 PM

Aug 2009
Could be decent, I enjoyed some of the movies. The animation was definitely one of the strong points.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aug 9, 2013 12:20 AM

Jul 2010
huntx said:
More of Sygn shiny ass??? Sign me in.

Agreed.

I don't mind them at all, if the animations are at the same level of the movies, well why not? Mecha boner is always a mecha boner, after all.
Aug 9, 2013 1:24 AM

Apr 2012
Should check out the movies soon, though all this negativity confuses me.
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Aug 9, 2013 2:05 AM
Feb 2007
sushi55 said:

The movies are great, people just like to get upset when anime doesn't follow the manga perfectly.
Aug 9, 2013 6:21 AM

Dec 2007
This new anime betta be betta. Or me not gusta it like the previous shigotos.

>shigotos
I lol'd at myself.
Aug 9, 2013 7:27 AM

Oct 2011
Great news!!! So a reboot or continuation?
Aug 9, 2013 8:14 AM

Nov 2010
Zhabin said:
sushi55 said:

The movies are great, people just like to get upset when anime doesn't follow the manga perfectly.
Or the movies just sucked.
Aug 9, 2013 9:03 AM

Oct 2012
AnimeFan500 said:

From the sound of it, total reboot. Which is understandable, but a little disheartening. I'd rather it start back up from where the movies finished, just so that we could see a continuation and perhaps even an ending to the story (or the very least to the romance in the show). Oh well.
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
Aug 9, 2013 9:34 AM

Nov 2008
didn't think they would do it after doing 6 movies but that ending was a bit ... expecting great things from the anime.
Aug 9, 2013 9:51 AM
Bounty Hunter

Jun 2012
I like the anime and I can't wait to see more...
Aug 9, 2013 10:13 AM
Jun 2013
I'm wandering around the room wondering if this is for real... lol
I was searching a lot for more the last year I've watched it, and now it comes *poof*

Aug 9, 2013 10:59 AM

Aug 2008
NickyCharisma said:
AnimeFan500 said:

From the sound of it, total reboot. Which is understandable, but a little disheartening. I'd rather it start back up from where the movies finished, just so that we could see a continuation and perhaps even an ending to the story (or the very least to the romance in the show). Oh well.
They can't just continue after butchering latter 1/3 of first arc. And how can you talk about ending when manga is nowhere near it. If you want to ever see the ending they have to start again and do a proper job this time.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Aug 9, 2013 11:16 AM

Nov 2010
Antanaru said:
NickyCharisma said:
AnimeFan500 said:

They can't just continue after butchering latter 1/3 of first arc. And how can you talk about ending when manga is nowhere near it. If you want to ever see the ending they have to start again and do a proper job this time.
Well what's the status of the manga then? Is it close to ending? How many episodes can they get before catching up?
Aug 9, 2013 11:48 AM

Apr 2008
i never expected this one is coming...
Aug 9, 2013 2:16 PM

Oct 2011
I hope it's some kind of continuation because what happened in the sixth doesn't deserve to be called "ending"

Aug 9, 2013 3:17 PM

Aug 2008
IntroverTurtle said:
Well what's the status of the manga then? Is it close to ending? How many episodes can they get before catching up?
As I said, manga doesn't seem to be nowhere near the ending unless it gets axed. As for content let me say this: battle in the capital ended in volume 10, chapter 50. Translation is at chapter 64 now and keeping up with original releases.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Aug 9, 2013 3:52 PM

Feb 2009
ugh...why now? It's not like the manga is anywhere far enough right now. But I guess, they just want to re-adapt the same plot...only with the original arc ending.
Aug 9, 2013 4:24 PM
May 2010
i am excited only for possible new KOKIA theme songs.
Aug 9, 2013 5:50 PM

Jul 2011
pointless movies then
Aug 10, 2013 6:39 AM

Feb 2011
mdz said:
Movies started out engaging, but ended on an incomplete note. Hopefully the new anime project alleviates that.

Yeah, that's the whole true, but I still like the story the movies try to tell, let's hope the anime is more faithful :)
Aug 10, 2013 7:42 AM

Dec 2012
It's great to see some more...I hope they'll do better...
Aug 10, 2013 2:30 PM

Apr 2008
The movies were great. If we can just retcon the last fight and move on from there we're gold. Either way this is great news.
Aug 10, 2013 11:26 PM

Apr 2010
I'll have to check the movies out now due to the mixed reactions.
Aug 11, 2013 2:02 AM

May 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Antanaru said:
NickyCharisma said:
AnimeFan500 said:

Manga is at a cliffhanger now.....with a bigger arc I suppose.

They should just remake the entire series
Aug 14, 2013 11:28 AM

Oct 2011
Will they being doing it in 6 OVAs again or turn this in to a TV series.
Aug 19, 2013 5:19 AM

May 2012
AnimeFan500 said:

Notthatshitagain . Enough with OVAs , time to do a full TV series
Aug 19, 2013 5:32 AM

Sep 2012
AnimeFan500 said:
They were released to theaters before the discs were released so I don't think you can call it OVA which means direct-to-video release.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
1 hour ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
2 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
2 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 3 hours ago

3 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.