Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jul 28, 2013 11:29 AM

Apr 2013
lol the preview spoiled everything
the first half was a bit boring but it's necessary and also interesting in a way..but I felt for Gon
Killua's part was great although painful to watch.And from the preview he's crying in the next episode T__T
I don't think Gon's part being boring has to do with his character not being interesting,it's just Knuckle's ability..if anything I found Gon's reaction to Kunckle's explanations rather amusing.
Good episode overall.
Jul 28, 2013 11:40 AM

Jan 2012
*head explodes*
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jul 28, 2013 12:02 PM

Nov 2012
nanny96 said:
AnimaRO64 said:
Actually Dragonball is worse! some fighting scenes are like, they throw a few punches than they talk about their life story. Then they end up throwing a few punches then they back to talking again, and im just like kill each other already
Well,the difference is that in HxH they talk to say interesting thing,in Db they say "I'm stronger than you!" "No,I'M stronger than you!" "No! I can destroy the universe with a fart!" "Me too!" ecc. ecc.
Pre time skip DB didn't have that. Besides we're discussing HxH and not other series.

fearthebeard85 said:
Can I go in one Hunter x Hunter episode discussion these days without seeing just about every other shounen series being thrown under the bus? I understand in most part it's in defense of HxH, but damn its becoming a weekly thing these days lol.
This ^

Akanezora said:
gedata said:
We finally get to see Knuckle's stand (lol Jojo reference)

I thought the same. Damn, that stand is fucking cute.

Anyway, pretty good episode, I liked Killua's fight over Gon's fight, it was a lot more interesting imho. Also, can't wait to see that majestic King.
lol, there's another nen user who's Hatsu is almost like a stand and it's obvious that it's a JoJo reference oh and Gons Jajanken was inspired by RPS kids stand from part 4 of JoJo, pretty cool.
Jul 28, 2013 12:10 PM
Oct 2011
Kvshi said:
Candor said:
Stop comparing those so-called strategies to the ones later. In the last 2 episodes all what we saw was Knuckle pointing out things we've known since Greed Island and Gon overcoming them, and Knuckle explaining his abilities, while Killua is trying to get over his habit of running away. That's it. Where do you see strategies?

Gon is becoming totally uninteresting with his childish Janken (that's actually since Greed Island, the technique is nothing original, and not even interesting), and he only gets more interesting as a character in the last part of the arc. The 2nd half focused on the group as a whole and them finding out strategies to defeat the ants. Gon and his Janken play no role anymore for most of the arc, the arc focused more on the other more interesting characters (ALL of them are more interesting than Gon), and that's why the arc got much better.

Basically the reason why the 2nd half is much better is that Togashi stopped focusing on Gon's uninteresting Janken and focused more on the other characters and the strategies, in addition to Gon getting much more interesting after

The reason most people are more "interesting" then Gon is because of how much experience they had with fighting enemies and using nen compared to Gon so of course people enjoyed the other characters rather then Gon's fights. Gon is a bit uninteresting at this point, but remember he only learned nen a while ago and learning advance forms of nen is impressive considering how long it normally takes.

So comparing Gon to those nen users later on is like comparing a small animal to a lion.

I guarantee most people would rather see Phantom Troupe in a battle rather then Gon and Killua because of thre destructive forms of nen and there violent forms of fighting opponents.

Gon sure does need new techniques in the next arcs.

Django_Freeman said:
You can't argue about the fact that last episode's fight had strategy. You know, all the stuff about Gon provoking Knuckle and using fake Jajanken to disturb the flow of his aura, with Killua's long explanation and the baseball analogy. You may not like it, but it's still strategy. And it's not only about strategy, but also about character development. Killua trying to overcome his habit of running away is major character development, and that's something we knew of since the beginning of the manga (when he gave up against Illumi even though he knew Gon's life was at stake). Knuckle explaining his ability was absolutely necessary because otherwise, none of the strategies in the second part of the arc would make sense, therefore all the explaining was setting up the future strategies.
I'm not saying they weren't necessary, but those 2 episodes dragged a lot, though that's the author's fault in the end.
HurricaneSweet said:
@candor nothing original? That's rock paper scissor unlike gomu gomu or kameha focuses on psychological tricks, you don't know which ones he'll actually use. At least that's the case twice, not to mention the fakes, to me, clever tricks like these are far more interesting than just spamming attacks or planet busters...

As for the rest it's development of strength for gon and character for killua.

Gon just gets more and more interesting as the non cliche character

I mean damn spoiler preview but they actually LOSE to knuckle and shoot? That's impressive.
So you're saying Janken is original? Sorry, but Goku used it more than 10 years before Gon did. The psychological tricks only appeared in this arc, 2 times. They weren't bad, they were actually good, but last episode dragged a lot with them. Greed Island's Janken was also too dull.
Candor123Jul 28, 2013 12:13 PM
Jul 28, 2013 12:34 PM
Sep 2012
Again I emphasized the idea of the ability not its shape, and quality over quantity... So what of he used it only twice? (Actually 3 including the fake)
What matters is that he did.

Also Gon has been working on his powers consistently so that they would not be asspulls, anyone who understands that would never expect GI janken pr ca janken to be anything but a prototypr/power in the making.

I'm more interested in HOW it grows rather than to what extent.
Any single person can simply come up with a strong attack right away when he feels like it, we got cliche shonen for that, not HxH.
Jul 28, 2013 12:41 PM
Apr 2013
I don't understand why you're so fixated on Gon's Jajanken. We already knew Enhancers had simple attacks because they don't need anything complicated. Why would Gon try and develop a complex ability, wasting time in the process, while he could develop a simple yet extremely powerful one ? Jajanken also fits Gon's personality. Now, maybe you don't like Gon, but his ability makes perfect sense for him. Besides, you make it sound like they focused on Gon's Jajanken for a long time, which isn't true. You complain about Knuckle explaining Gon's weaknesses, but how long was that ? 2 min ? Then Gon counterattacks by using psychological tricks and complex aura related strategies, which are interesting in themselves and not entirely about Gon's Jajanken. You say they drag with the long explanation, but that's because you're a manga reader and already know what was going on. Do you think an anime-only watcher would immediately think "Oh yeah, he's manipulating Knuckle into losing his calm so as to disturb the flow of his aura, which would allow him to know exactly what Knuckle would do" ?
Django_FreemanJul 28, 2013 12:45 PM
Jul 28, 2013 12:48 PM

Sep 2012
Gon having a more elaborate skill like Potclean would be ridiculous and out of character. I don't know what's your problem with this ability Candor.
Jul 28, 2013 1:13 PM

Feb 2012
I admitted when I read the manga of this part, I got so tired of reading and figuring out how Knuckle's ability work that I flipped thru most of it. But I found myself enjoying this episode a lot, despite a lot of people said it's boring for them. Must be now with visual (in motion) and sound, the explanation is easier to take in this presentation. The APR mascot is really cute.

And now I finally kinda...get it? Knuckle's ability is basically a loan shark but with nen, and the purpose is to cripple his opponent's action and lock his opponent's nen (temporarily) eventually. He's not fighting to kill, it's a merciful but powerful technique that suit his personality. His Japanese yankee hairstyle is a hint of his loan sharks ability as well. I don't think KIllua (who mentioned he's bad at math before) would know how to deal with Knuckle as well.

I understand why some viewers find it uninteresting and boring, it has to do with expectation: most viewers are expecting a good fight after weeks after weeks of 'training'. Good fight mean actions and some kind of pay off at the end (results). I kinda agree too, but then I already know what will happen so I'm not looking for that paid-off/results in this episodes, so I don't find it dragging nor boring. I think it felt slow because in shounen battle tradition, audience expects it's about how our heroes overcome the adversary (no matter how hopeless) and counter the opponent in the second part of the battle. So they'd think 'great now we have to wait till the next episode for that part of the fight!" But what if there's no such second part?

Killua vs Shoot is amazingly done! The music, Killua's inner struggle (the acting is great)...everything is amazing. Man, I can't wait until Killua vs a certain ant.

And YES YES YES! The King...is...coming...!!
kcacoJul 28, 2013 1:18 PM
Jul 28, 2013 1:25 PM

May 2013
Good Episode hopefully Gon and Killua can defeat knuckle and shoot and cant wait to see the king
Jul 28, 2013 1:53 PM

Feb 2012
Come on, Knuckle's technique was pretty simple. It's just loaning and returning nen with punches, and when the enemy's debt exceeds his total amount of aura he goes bankrupt and enters zetsu.

What really was kind of complicated was the estimation about Gon's total aura. In part due to Crunchyroll subtitles, because in the manga scanlation I read it wasn't so confusing.
Jul 28, 2013 2:24 PM

Jul 2013
Knuckle's ability was kind of lame, didn't really enjoy the fight.

Killua vs Shoot was decent, and the ending had me really anticipated.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2013 2:34 PM

Sep 2012
Salce said:

What really was kind of complicated was the estimation about Gon's total aura.

Yeah, and it was also completely pointless. But that's the type of shit Togashi loved to do for some reason, even though it is hard to digest for the viewer/reader most of the time.
SetsukoHaraJul 28, 2013 3:40 PM
Jul 28, 2013 3:35 PM

May 2012
Yeah, that whole AOP/POP and math lesson was really boring. Reminded me of an in depth version of DBZ's power levels. Obviously Knuckle's ability needed to be explained but it dragged on for way too long. Just because someone complains about it or disagrees with how it was done doesn't mean they're an action junkie or don't care about meaningful dialogue.

Killua's fight and his difficulty deciding between whether to flee or fight was much more interesting but I wish they hadn't kept flashing back to what Bisky said last episode. Besides that, it was good to see them back in their original outfits.
Jul 28, 2013 3:47 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
SetsukoHara said:
Salce said:

even though it is hard to digest for the viewer/reader most of the time.

I don't understand what is so complicated about basic arithmetic. Are you serious saying the estimation was that complicated? Oh man...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 28, 2013 4:02 PM

Feb 2012
wakka9ca said:
I don't understand what is so complicated about basic arithmetic. Are you serious saying the estimation was that complicated? Oh man...

It wasn't mathematically complicated.
It just was hard to follow Knuckle reasoning. For example, he says that Gon AOP is some number, but when he uses jajanken, due to the restrictions in his ability, he is able to reach a higher number. I don't think that was clear in Crunchyroll translation, I'm sure many viewers didn't catch it, I knew it because of the manga.
BennyDelonJul 28, 2013 4:17 PM
Jul 28, 2013 4:25 PM
May 2013
Well the way i see it, if people were expecting an actual physical badass confrontation between Gon vs. Knuckle then they're going to be let down. There's more than one way of winning a fight and that ability is absolutely perfect for him. I don't think many people here realize that the long ass explanation from Knuckle wasn't just purely an info dump from Togashi, it was part of Knuckle's strategy in terms of winning to stall out Gon from repaying the debt and let the outrageously high interest rate stack up until to the point where it's game over for Gon.
It's a time bomb and Madhouse went with the route of not shortening the explanation to make the viewer really feel the amount of time that Gon wasted by not doing anything.

It's also funny and interesting that Knuckle found the perfect balance between his love for his pacifistic nature and duking it out in a manly brawl by forcing the opponent to neutralize the debt through this while not inflicting any severe damage to either fighters at the same time.

These are the reasons as to why i liked the Gon vs Knuckle segment because it is once again something that I completely didn't see happening...IN ANY SHOW lol. But I will say that Killua's moments in this were much more "precious" and also much more important development for him which is why it easily trumps Gon's scene for many viewers. It's just sad that some people see things in a very clear cut manner where when there's too much talking in an awaited fight scene, it is automatically deemed as "uneventful and boring" whereas there could be so much more meaning to the scene if they take the time to creatively think outside the box and formulate their own interpretations to it.

In terms of comprehending the ability itself I also didn't catch on to everything at first but then I realized, you don't even have to pay attention to the calculations at all. Just remember one number which is Gon's max limit (21000 something) and know that if the mascot goes past that number, it will declare bankruptcy and won't let him use nen for a while.
XvengerJul 28, 2013 4:35 PM
Jul 28, 2013 5:26 PM
Sep 2012
^ I know right, the ability has much more depth, it's been incorporated into the character and story themselves. Genius.
Jul 28, 2013 6:20 PM

Oct 2009
We already know how those fights are gonna end...

Shoot has one of my favorite abilities. It's quite well thought and effective.

Damn the King is coming, the next weeks are going to be awesome.
Jul 28, 2013 6:45 PM

Mar 2013
Xvenger said:
Well the way i see it, if people were expecting an actual physical badass confrontation between Gon vs. Knuckle then they're going to be let down. There's more than one way of winning a fight and that ability is absolutely perfect for him. I don't think many people here realize that the long ass explanation from Knuckle wasn't just purely an info dump from Togashi, it was part of Knuckle's strategy in terms of winning to stall out Gon from repaying the debt and let the outrageously high interest rate stack up until to the point where it's game over for Gon.
It's a time bomb and Madhouse went with the route of not shortening the explanation to make the viewer really feel the amount of time that Gon wasted by not doing anything.

It's also funny and interesting that Knuckle found the perfect balance between his love for his pacifistic nature and duking it out in a manly brawl by forcing the opponent to neutralize the debt through this while not inflicting any severe damage to either fighters at the same time.

These are the reasons as to why i liked the Gon vs Knuckle segment because it is once again something that I completely didn't see happening...IN ANY SHOW lol. But I will say that Killua's moments in this were much more "precious" and also much more important development for him which is why it easily trumps Gon's scene for many viewers. It's just sad that some people see things in a very clear cut manner where when there's too much talking in an awaited fight scene, it is automatically deemed as "uneventful and boring" whereas there could be so much more meaning to the scene if they take the time to creatively think outside the box and formulate their own interpretations to it.

In terms of comprehending the ability itself I also didn't catch on to everything at first but then I realized, you don't even have to pay attention to the calculations at all. Just remember one number which is Gon's max limit (21000 something) and know that if the mascot goes past that number, it will declare bankruptcy and won't let him use nen for a while.

Thank you.

Knuckle may have been explaining in that manner to waste time into his favor which creates mooe interest for every minute he talks. If Gon caught on once he heard the "max limit of interest for your nen is 10,000 until it depletes " then he could've had Knuckle into a tight spot.

I admit Knuckle's ability isn't the best, but it can be INSANELY effective against an opponent once they find out about his ability and is mentally into a pinch and won't think straight in battle due to the problem of the nen interest. Well, it also depends on the opponent.
Jul 28, 2013 7:04 PM

Sep 2008
Salce said:
wakka9ca said:

It wasn't mathematically complicated.
It just was hard to follow Knuckle reasoning. For example, he says that Gon AOP is some number, but when he uses jajanken, due to the restrictions in his ability, he is able to reach a higher number. I don't think that was clear in Crunchyroll translation, I'm sure many viewers didn't catch it, I knew it because of the manga.

It wasn't hard to follow. Gon is just slow.
There's two kinds of people you can't win an argument against:
One - Too dumb to tell right from wrong.
Two - Too stubborn to admit they are wrong.
Jul 28, 2013 7:24 PM

Jul 2013
Kvshi said:
Knuckle may have been explaining in that manner to waste time into his favor which creates mooe interest for every minute he talks.

Hilarious typo!

Potclean is definitely MOE~
Jul 28, 2013 8:51 PM

Mar 2013
japanda said:
Aura debt? This is getting ridiculous. Stop the internal monologues already and get back to REAL fighting.

you do realize Hunter x Hunter fights have always been like this o-o, and trust me all of this will seem boring right now but later it makes a huge impact for the later fiights
Jul 28, 2013 9:00 PM

Dec 2011
Yay! Knuckle and Shoot's ability are finally shown. I really love Knuckle's Hakoware, and Shoot is so cool!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2013 9:19 PM

May 2012
this is bs, not making progress at all. i wanna see the king
Jul 28, 2013 10:04 PM

Jul 2012
Gons fight sucked, Killua fight was better though even if there was barely any fighting, Btw anyone else think that Killua is much more interesting then Gon? Gon is just kinda annoying in my opinion.
Jul 28, 2013 10:15 PM

Sep 2008
^
They're both annoying little kids dammit. They should make Ging/Netero the MC instead.
There's two kinds of people you can't win an argument against:
One - Too dumb to tell right from wrong.
Two - Too stubborn to admit they are wrong.
Jul 28, 2013 10:23 PM

Jul 2013
Gon is badass. His abilities so far are boring, though. They managed to make them look amazing during the dodgeball game, but still.

Killua was never my cup of tea, until this episode where he actually tries to fight against his inner demons. His nen hasn't really been showcased a ton, but I think his abilities have the potential to be cool.

Hisoka for MC. Kick ass nen abilities, kick ass personality, and we would literally follow him until he's done kicking everyone's ass, or dies. He's probably in a bloody brawl against Chrollo as we speak!
Jul 28, 2013 10:54 PM
May 2013
^to be fair, almost all the enhancers we've seen so far in this show so far have been kinda stale in their field lol

I would actually rate Gon's hatsu as 2nd most interesting simply because he utilizes the other nen types and cuz they basically remind me of yu yu hakusho lol. I can tell that once he masters this ability, he would be quite godly.

Castro, who is also an enhancer, is the most flashy but funnily enough I only like what he's done with his conjuring and manipulation.
Jul 29, 2013 1:33 AM

Jun 2012
Pretty cool start to their fights, looking forward to when they get epic.

Jul 29, 2013 4:27 AM

Oct 2009
lovevc said:
this is bs, not making progress at all. i wanna see the king

Not every episode can be like episode 85. Those episodes are necessary, I agree it is a bit slow though.

These fights are meant to show Gon and Killua's main weakness. Gon's weakness is his lack of focus and naivety, Killua's weakness is his curse.

They are matched against their worse opponents. Knuckle's ability works wonders on Gon, any focused and sharp fighter would have figured out the BS and attacked right away. Shoot has very mysterious abilities which makes Killua's curse worse, since he cant gauge Shoot's strength, he has no choice but run away from him.
Jul 29, 2013 5:05 AM

Feb 2013
Blazed88 said:
Getting bored of this anime going so damn slowly week to week. No progression at all at this point.

Gonna have to take a few weeks off and watch a couple eps bunched, because this is becoming painful.

Word!
Jul 29, 2013 5:11 AM
Sep 2012
No progress = no action

It's sad to see this is what progress means today.
Thanks to KOL and Forneverworld's stupid 'reviews'
Jul 29, 2013 6:16 AM

Oct 2012
Wow, people are way too action hungry, I think it's great Madhouse explains things properly and concentrates on characters' development.
Jul 29, 2013 8:49 AM
Nov 2008
Watching a nen fight sometimes if not most times should be like watching people playing a board game where they think more than act.
But I guess watching Netero or the King fighting with chess would be a big disappointment for too many.
Jul 29, 2013 10:47 AM
Apr 2013
dodoberry said:
Wow, people are way too action hungry, I think it's great Madhouse explains things properly and concentrates on characters' development.

Exactly. They are really missing what makes Hunter X Hunter one of the most awesome shonen ever.
Jul 29, 2013 3:04 PM

Oct 2011
Gon's weakness=Math XD

But whoa Knuckles nen ability was cool. Killua dealing with his curse while facing off Shoot. OMG the King
Jul 29, 2013 3:44 PM

Sep 2012
wakka9ca said:
SetsukoHara said:
Salce said:

even though it is hard to digest for the viewer/reader most of the time.

It wasn't THAT complicated, but it definitely was more difficult than your classic dialog, it was also kinda long and wasn't really some useful piece of information. I'm OK with this episode as I was OK with the chapter when I read it, but I feel like I would prefer it without this estimation.
Jul 29, 2013 5:01 PM
Jul 2018
Good episode, the Chimera Arc as a whole so far gives me an impression of a superior Cell Saga.

I really enjoy Knuckle as a character and would like to see more of him.
Jul 29, 2013 5:57 PM

Jul 2010
Uwaaaa!! Awesome episode <33 With such a cliffhanger too. Wow, I cannot wait for next week. So action-packed :) I really hope Killua is able to defeat Shoot, and overcome Illumi in his mind. My sweetheart Killua had this sad smile on his face during the preview....I really hope he doesn't have to leave Gon. :'(

Lol, as I am bad at math, Knuckle's long math explanation of aura kinda left me like Gon.... >.> So confuzzling. <.<

Anyways, this episode made me so hyped for what's to come! I've been feeling lately like Hunter's pacing has slowed down a bit, but now I feel like it was necessary to get that right tension. I NEED TO GO BACK TO NGL...!!! I feel like the weird girl with the black, frizzy hair right now. xD But I think she's rather cute, in a way. The bonding with her and Gon was actually pretty cute, despite being creepy as well. >.<

I think that Cell-looking ugly thing in the preview is the King. >__> With how attractive the Royal Guards have been, I thought he would be prettier looking. Well, even better, can't wait till Gon squishes him like the bug he is. x3 Still don't know who Jii-san is going to choose to be his 'sacrifice'. Not Gon or Killua please! T__T

Oh, and we haven't seen teasers of Kaito in a while :( I hope Gon will be able to bring him back somehow...

Anyways, lots of questions.xP
Next Saturday must come fastttt~
fishergirl16Jul 29, 2013 6:02 PM
Jul 29, 2013 7:16 PM

Jun 2012
No Killua! Fight On! I loved this episode. It had two of my favorite characters, Killua and Illumi. I just love them together and how Killua shivers under Illumi's pressure. During Gon's fight, I was like what-ever cause I couldn't care less about Gon. I just wanted it to speed up and go on to Killua.
SusuBitesYouAug 5, 2013 10:23 AM
Jul 29, 2013 9:02 PM

Oct 2012
Nice episode. From the looks of it, the king is going to make an appearance next episode!
5/5
Jul 29, 2013 11:49 PM

May 2011
I'm still watching the episode 'till now and couldn't manage to understand clearly knuckle's ability xD
this's my 56th time seeing the first part of the episode
I'm already understand his ability but the part of "POP" and "AOP" can't understand at all
what's exactly the deference between them?
Jul 30, 2013 12:20 AM

Feb 2011

Awwwww :3

I wonder what happened to Killua's eye.
Jul 30, 2013 12:25 AM

Dec 2007
I'm right with Gon, couldn't really fully understand Knuckle's explanation. Next episode should be great as the King will finally be revealed.
[color=#3399CC]All credit goes to Daika-san.
[/color]
Jul 30, 2013 3:57 AM
Nov 2008
Satan-sama said:
I'm still watching the episode 'till now and couldn't manage to understand clearly knuckle's ability xD
this's my 56th time seeing the first part of the episode
I'm already understand his ability but the part of "POP" and "AOP" can't understand at all
what's exactly the deference between them?

"POP" is the same as "MOP" so the max of aura you have.
"AOP" is how much of this aura you can actually use.

Think the POP/MOP as the container and AOP how big is the "exit" for the aura, the bigger it is the more of your aura you can release in an instant.

Sorry for the bad english and explanation
Jul 30, 2013 4:34 AM

Oct 2009
Not sure it s the right time to talk about it but i feel there are some fairly big plot-holes.

One is the whole 1 month competition thing, how did Netero manage to plan all this that fast? Did he know Gon and Killua were fighting the chimera and would get their ass kicked? Also how did he know their current strength?
Jul 30, 2013 5:23 AM
Jul 2013
UnbornMVs said:

Awwwww :3

I wonder what happened to Killua's eye.

spoiler: when shoot's attack will have a certain damage to a specific body part, that body part will be hide on shoot's cage. on killua's part, he lost his left eye. it wasn't explained how many body parts will shoot able to hide in his cage but if that's the case, if shoot will be able to attack the other eye, then killua will be in a huge disadvantage even if killua is in his top condition. that is the importance of not letting the enemy know your ability. that HxH. hehe. sorry for the spoiler.
darkwizard19Jul 30, 2013 5:27 AM
Jul 30, 2013 5:30 AM
Apr 2013
TheDodo said:
Not sure it s the right time to talk about it but i feel there are some fairly big plot-holes.

One is the whole 1 month competition thing, how did Netero manage to plan all this that fast? Did he know Gon and Killua were fighting the chimera and would get their ass kicked? Also how did he know their current strength?

I thought the exact same thing and spent a lot of time trying to find an explanation. The best one I could come up with : Netero knew Kite, Gon and Killua were there thanks to Kite's friends. He didn't know how strong Gon and Killua were, but he knew they weren't strong enough to be more than a hindrance to them (they have less than a year of experience in Nen skills after all) while at the same time being at least somewhat competent (otherwise an experienced Hunter like Kite wouldn't have brought them along). So he set up the whole challenge in the city, and went to NGL, expecting to find Gon, Killua and Kite there. Then he would have said : "OK kids, fun's over. Kite stays wih us, but you get the hell out of this country and leave it to the real professionals. Oh, but if you really want to participate, come back once you've defeated the assassins in that town."
Jul 30, 2013 5:33 AM
Jul 2013
FlareKnight said:
I have to say Killua's fight was 100 times more interesting than Gon's fight. Way too much annoying math going on with Gon and Knuckles. I don't blame Gon for going empty there. That was just a pain to think about. Hopefully Gon just kicks his ass quickly next episode to make up for it XD.

Much more interesting watching Killua struggle against his limits. His battle has far less to do with Shoot than his brother. He's fighting his own habits and teachings rather than his opponent. The problem being that it's going to leave Killua in a worse condition since he's having to do things he's not used to. Though the only benefit is that it seems like Shoot doesn't seem to like hurting people he doesn't want to hurt.

spoiler: do you want to know the explanation of killua's behavior?
TachiiJul 30, 2013 8:25 AM
Jul 30, 2013 5:38 AM
Apr 2013
darkwizard19 : How about hiding your spoilers ?
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 24, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.