Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jul 28, 2013 7:24 PM

Jul 2013
Kvshi said:
Knuckle may have been explaining in that manner to waste time into his favor which creates mooe interest for every minute he talks.

Hilarious typo!

Potclean is definitely MOE~
Jul 28, 2013 8:51 PM

Mar 2013
japanda said:
Aura debt? This is getting ridiculous. Stop the internal monologues already and get back to REAL fighting.

you do realize Hunter x Hunter fights have always been like this o-o, and trust me all of this will seem boring right now but later it makes a huge impact for the later fiights
Jul 28, 2013 9:00 PM

Dec 2011
Yay! Knuckle and Shoot's ability are finally shown. I really love Knuckle's Hakoware, and Shoot is so cool!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2013 9:19 PM

May 2012
this is bs, not making progress at all. i wanna see the king
Jul 28, 2013 10:04 PM

Jul 2012
Gons fight sucked, Killua fight was better though even if there was barely any fighting, Btw anyone else think that Killua is much more interesting then Gon? Gon is just kinda annoying in my opinion.
Jul 28, 2013 10:15 PM

Sep 2008
^
They're both annoying little kids dammit. They should make Ging/Netero the MC instead.
There's two kinds of people you can't win an argument against:
One - Too dumb to tell right from wrong.
Two - Too stubborn to admit they are wrong.
Jul 28, 2013 10:23 PM

Jul 2013
Gon is badass. His abilities so far are boring, though. They managed to make them look amazing during the dodgeball game, but still.

Killua was never my cup of tea, until this episode where he actually tries to fight against his inner demons. His nen hasn't really been showcased a ton, but I think his abilities have the potential to be cool.

Hisoka for MC. Kick ass nen abilities, kick ass personality, and we would literally follow him until he's done kicking everyone's ass, or dies. He's probably in a bloody brawl against Chrollo as we speak!
Jul 28, 2013 10:54 PM
May 2013
^to be fair, almost all the enhancers we've seen so far in this show so far have been kinda stale in their field lol

I would actually rate Gon's hatsu as 2nd most interesting simply because he utilizes the other nen types and cuz they basically remind me of yu yu hakusho lol. I can tell that once he masters this ability, he would be quite godly.

Castro, who is also an enhancer, is the most flashy but funnily enough I only like what he's done with his conjuring and manipulation.
Jul 29, 2013 1:33 AM

Jun 2012
Pretty cool start to their fights, looking forward to when they get epic.

Jul 29, 2013 4:27 AM

Oct 2009
lovevc said:
this is bs, not making progress at all. i wanna see the king

Not every episode can be like episode 85. Those episodes are necessary, I agree it is a bit slow though.

These fights are meant to show Gon and Killua's main weakness. Gon's weakness is his lack of focus and naivety, Killua's weakness is his curse.

They are matched against their worse opponents. Knuckle's ability works wonders on Gon, any focused and sharp fighter would have figured out the BS and attacked right away. Shoot has very mysterious abilities which makes Killua's curse worse, since he cant gauge Shoot's strength, he has no choice but run away from him.
Jul 29, 2013 5:05 AM

Feb 2013
Blazed88 said:
Getting bored of this anime going so damn slowly week to week. No progression at all at this point.

Gonna have to take a few weeks off and watch a couple eps bunched, because this is becoming painful.

Word!
Jul 29, 2013 5:11 AM
Sep 2012
No progress = no action

It's sad to see this is what progress means today.
Thanks to KOL and Forneverworld's stupid 'reviews'
Jul 29, 2013 6:16 AM

Oct 2012
Wow, people are way too action hungry, I think it's great Madhouse explains things properly and concentrates on characters' development.
Jul 29, 2013 8:49 AM
Nov 2008
Watching a nen fight sometimes if not most times should be like watching people playing a board game where they think more than act.
But I guess watching Netero or the King fighting with chess would be a big disappointment for too many.
Jul 29, 2013 10:47 AM
Apr 2013
dodoberry said:
Wow, people are way too action hungry, I think it's great Madhouse explains things properly and concentrates on characters' development.

Exactly. They are really missing what makes Hunter X Hunter one of the most awesome shonen ever.
Jul 29, 2013 3:04 PM

Oct 2011
Gon's weakness=Math XD

But whoa Knuckles nen ability was cool. Killua dealing with his curse while facing off Shoot. OMG the King
Jul 29, 2013 3:44 PM

Sep 2012
wakka9ca said:
SetsukoHara said:
Salce said:

What really was kind of complicated was the estimation about Gon's total aura.

even though it is hard to digest for the viewer/reader most of the time.

I don't understand what is so complicated about basic arithmetic. Are you serious saying the estimation was that complicated? Oh man...

It wasn't THAT complicated, but it definitely was more difficult than your classic dialog, it was also kinda long and wasn't really some useful piece of information. I'm OK with this episode as I was OK with the chapter when I read it, but I feel like I would prefer it without this estimation.
Jul 29, 2013 5:01 PM
Jul 2018
Good episode, the Chimera Arc as a whole so far gives me an impression of a superior Cell Saga.

I really enjoy Knuckle as a character and would like to see more of him.
Jul 29, 2013 5:57 PM

Jul 2010
Uwaaaa!! Awesome episode <33 With such a cliffhanger too. Wow, I cannot wait for next week. So action-packed :) I really hope Killua is able to defeat Shoot, and overcome Illumi in his mind. My sweetheart Killua had this sad smile on his face during the preview....I really hope he doesn't have to leave Gon. :'(

Lol, as I am bad at math, Knuckle's long math explanation of aura kinda left me like Gon.... >.> So confuzzling. <.<

Anyways, this episode made me so hyped for what's to come! I've been feeling lately like Hunter's pacing has slowed down a bit, but now I feel like it was necessary to get that right tension. I NEED TO GO BACK TO NGL...!!! I feel like the weird girl with the black, frizzy hair right now. xD But I think she's rather cute, in a way. The bonding with her and Gon was actually pretty cute, despite being creepy as well. >.<

I think that Cell-looking ugly thing in the preview is the King. >__> With how attractive the Royal Guards have been, I thought he would be prettier looking. Well, even better, can't wait till Gon squishes him like the bug he is. x3 Still don't know who Jii-san is going to choose to be his 'sacrifice'. Not Gon or Killua please! T__T

Oh, and we haven't seen teasers of Kaito in a while :( I hope Gon will be able to bring him back somehow...

Anyways, lots of questions.xP
Next Saturday must come fastttt~
fishergirl16Jul 29, 2013 6:02 PM
Jul 29, 2013 7:16 PM

Jun 2012
No Killua! Fight On! I loved this episode. It had two of my favorite characters, Killua and Illumi. I just love them together and how Killua shivers under Illumi's pressure. During Gon's fight, I was like what-ever cause I couldn't care less about Gon. I just wanted it to speed up and go on to Killua.
SusuBitesYouAug 5, 2013 10:23 AM
Jul 29, 2013 9:02 PM

Oct 2012
Nice episode. From the looks of it, the king is going to make an appearance next episode!
5/5
Jul 29, 2013 11:49 PM

May 2011
I'm still watching the episode 'till now and couldn't manage to understand clearly knuckle's ability xD
this's my 56th time seeing the first part of the episode
I'm already understand his ability but the part of "POP" and "AOP" can't understand at all
what's exactly the deference between them?
Jul 30, 2013 12:20 AM

Feb 2011

Awwwww :3

I wonder what happened to Killua's eye.
Jul 30, 2013 12:25 AM

Dec 2007
I'm right with Gon, couldn't really fully understand Knuckle's explanation. Next episode should be great as the King will finally be revealed.
[color=#3399CC]All credit goes to Daika-san.
[/color]
Jul 30, 2013 3:57 AM
Nov 2008
Satan-sama said:
I'm still watching the episode 'till now and couldn't manage to understand clearly knuckle's ability xD
I'm already understand his ability but the part of "POP" and "AOP" can't understand at all

"POP" is the same as "MOP" so the max of aura you have.
"AOP" is how much of this aura you can actually use.

Think the POP/MOP as the container and AOP how big is the "exit" for the aura, the bigger it is the more of your aura you can release in an instant.

Sorry for the bad english and explanation
Jul 30, 2013 4:34 AM

Oct 2009
Not sure it s the right time to talk about it but i feel there are some fairly big plot-holes.

One is the whole 1 month competition thing, how did Netero manage to plan all this that fast? Did he know Gon and Killua were fighting the chimera and would get their ass kicked? Also how did he know their current strength?
Jul 30, 2013 5:23 AM
Jul 2013
UnbornMVs said:

Awwwww :3

I wonder what happened to Killua's eye.

spoiler: when shoot's attack will have a certain damage to a specific body part, that body part will be hide on shoot's cage. on killua's part, he lost his left eye. it wasn't explained how many body parts will shoot able to hide in his cage but if that's the case, if shoot will be able to attack the other eye, then killua will be in a huge disadvantage even if killua is in his top condition. that is the importance of not letting the enemy know your ability. that HxH. hehe. sorry for the spoiler.
darkwizard19Jul 30, 2013 5:27 AM
Jul 30, 2013 5:30 AM
Apr 2013
TheDodo said:
Not sure it s the right time to talk about it but i feel there are some fairly big plot-holes.

One is the whole 1 month competition thing, how did Netero manage to plan all this that fast? Did he know Gon and Killua were fighting the chimera and would get their ass kicked? Also how did he know their current strength?

I thought the exact same thing and spent a lot of time trying to find an explanation. The best one I could come up with : Netero knew Kite, Gon and Killua were there thanks to Kite's friends. He didn't know how strong Gon and Killua were, but he knew they weren't strong enough to be more than a hindrance to them (they have less than a year of experience in Nen skills after all) while at the same time being at least somewhat competent (otherwise an experienced Hunter like Kite wouldn't have brought them along). So he set up the whole challenge in the city, and went to NGL, expecting to find Gon, Killua and Kite there. Then he would have said : "OK kids, fun's over. Kite stays wih us, but you get the hell out of this country and leave it to the real professionals. Oh, but if you really want to participate, come back once you've defeated the assassins in that town."
Jul 30, 2013 5:33 AM
Jul 2013
FlareKnight said:
I have to say Killua's fight was 100 times more interesting than Gon's fight. Way too much annoying math going on with Gon and Knuckles. I don't blame Gon for going empty there. That was just a pain to think about. Hopefully Gon just kicks his ass quickly next episode to make up for it XD.

Much more interesting watching Killua struggle against his limits. His battle has far less to do with Shoot than his brother. He's fighting his own habits and teachings rather than his opponent. The problem being that it's going to leave Killua in a worse condition since he's having to do things he's not used to. Though the only benefit is that it seems like Shoot doesn't seem to like hurting people he doesn't want to hurt.

spoiler: do you want to know the explanation of killua's behavior?
TachiiJul 30, 2013 8:25 AM
Jul 30, 2013 5:38 AM
Apr 2013
darkwizard19 : How about hiding your spoilers ?
Jul 30, 2013 6:03 AM

Jul 2013
TheDodo said:
how did Netero manage to plan all this that fast? Did he know Gon and Killua were fighting the chimera and would get their ass kicked? Also how did he know their current strength?

I think as soon as the chairmen heard about the fact that the ants were eating humans, he would've known the severity of the situation, which is why he was personally called in.

And I would also assume that once he heard about gon/killua's presence from Kite's partners, he set up that challenge, knowing that he would meet up with gon/killua in NGL and he would give them that ultimatum.

I'm guessing, however, that he didn't anticipate them pursuing all the way to the ant lair, and getting manhandled.
Jul 30, 2013 9:28 AM

Dec 2008
I'm worried about Killua because I saw him crying in the preview.
Shirtless Knuckle was nice!

Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 30, 2013 11:27 AM

Jul 2012
Very very dragged out episode as well as overexplained and overdone. Hope next episode is better. Wasn't a bad one but definitely not up to standards.
So, What do you think is on the other side?
Jul 30, 2013 11:43 AM
Apr 2013
Knuckle is nothing compared to Genthru, don't understand why Gon can''t beat him.
Jul 30, 2013 12:48 PM

Feb 2012
Dolan-chan said:
Knuckle is nothing compared to Genthru, don't understand why Gon can''t beat him.

It's not like if Gon was able to defeat Genthru at all. He only won because of Killua's plan.

And I don't know if Knuckle is so far from Genthru in matter of fighting.
Jul 30, 2013 3:17 PM

Oct 2009
Dolan-chan said:

No that's wrong, genthru puked his guts from one jajanken hit. Knuckle took it like a man and that was after Gon trained for a while (ok he still passed out).
TheDodoJul 30, 2013 3:21 PM
Jul 30, 2013 3:21 PM
Apr 2013
Dolan-chan said:

Knuckle is said to be similar to Kite in terms of fighting skills, and Kite was no pushover.
Jul 30, 2013 7:18 PM

May 2011
_Legna_ said:
Satan-sama said:

"POP" is the same as "MOP" so the max of aura you have.
"AOP" is how much of this aura you can actually use.

Think the POP/MOP as the container and AOP how big is the "exit" for the aura, the bigger it is the more of your aura you can release in an instant.

Sorry for the bad english and explanation

well, that was useful somehow, thx dude
Jul 30, 2013 8:46 PM
Jul 2013
For me, it's the ability like knuckle's and shoots' that really makes nen system special. These kind of abilities make the battle much more intriguing and more strategy oriented than a typical brawlfest. These kind of abilities opens up different ways of winning fights that just beating the opponent to a pulp similar to kurapika's chainjail.

For those that complains that the explanation regarding hakoware is boring and unnecessary really should keep in mind that this is togashi we are talking about.It may be boring to some(not me) but to me definitely not unnecessary.Most things are being well thought out by him and foreshadowing is literary everywhere in the series. The POP, MOP, AOP is a explanation regarding nen and vital in the latter part when they fight the king and his royal guards. So keep in mind that whenever a detailed explanation is done, there will most definitely be important if not for the current state of affairs, but it will in the future. Later you would not fully understand future plots and fights.

Sorry, a bit long for a first post.
Jul 30, 2013 10:27 PM

Jan 2009
good episode eventhough the main characters are loosing lol
Jul 31, 2013 12:46 AM

Oct 2011
This is one of a very rare breed where the main character is not deus ex machina level powerful. Not only that, but the only series where the main character practically loses just about every fight. As much as people diss on Gon for that, I'd at least say be thankful that it's a change of pace. Albeit kind of redundant when he's lost almost all of the major fights (and I throw the term out there loosely since he's only had a few fights with "important" characters who weren't just there for training purposes or to show some sort of payoff to Gon and Killua's insane potential) except for his bout with Genthru which we all know was only accomplished due to Killua's plan.

Mode edit: removed the manga spoilers

To the mod who edited this, I apologize for putting manga spoilers, but if you're going to be editing my post, please spell "mod" correctly next time. Thank you.
fearthebeard85Aug 6, 2013 1:39 AM
Jul 31, 2013 2:19 AM
Feb 2012
TheDodo said:
Dolan-chan said:

No that's wrong, genthru puked his guts from one jajanken hit. Knuckle took it like a man and that was after Gon trained for a while (ok he still passed out).

Genthru was trapped when Gon hit him with rock.

Also I don't think Knuckle was ever actually HIT with rock.
I mean I thought the whole joke was that Knuckle faints
from the ANTICIPATION of getting hit by rock and tries to play it off cool.
Jul 31, 2013 4:41 AM

Oct 2009
mrsticky005 said:
TheDodo said:
Dolan-chan said:

Genthru was trapped when Gon hit him with rock.

Also I don't think Knuckle was ever actually HIT with rock.
I mean I thought the whole joke was that Knuckle faints
from the ANTICIPATION of getting hit by rock and tries to play it off cool.

No, he was actually hit with rock, it s pretty obvious from both the manga and anime. For me Knuckle is on a totally different level than Genthru. His ability is much less agressive but that doesnt make him weaker.
Jul 31, 2013 9:25 AM

Aug 2012
The fight in this one was genius ! Killua was pure badass against shoot.
Aug 2, 2013 12:11 AM

Apr 2011
After watching this in the anime, I figured out that I can beat Gon. After all, math is my strong point.
Aug 2, 2013 10:44 PM
Jun 2009
Okish episode... too bad it's so damn slow, this arc's signature is how much slower it is compared to the others, if this was yorkshin/toweresque gon, kite, killua team would've done some damage to the nest or something and then -> plottwist -> go next arc... but no.

This time the adaption didn't manage to overcome the long explanation for nen abilities, present pretty much everywhere on the manga upto and after this point, let's see if they can handle the next few battles without 15 minutes monologues =P
Aug 2, 2013 11:14 PM

Jul 2013
Kite0207 said:
Okish episode... too bad it's so damn slow, this arc's signature is how much slower it is compared to the others, if this was yorkshin/toweresque gon, kite, killua team would've done some damage to the nest or something and then -> plottwist -> go next arc... but no.

This time the adaption didn't manage to overcome the long explanation for nen abilities, present pretty much everywhere on the manga upto and after this point, let's see if they can handle the next few battles without 15 minutes monologues =P

I partly blame Crunchyroll's segmented subtitles for making the explanations a bit less understandable.
Aug 2, 2013 11:54 PM

May 2011
Kite0207 said:

it's not slow dude, they animate from 2-3 chapter a per week and that's a good number, and the Arc didn't start so far
i admit that the pace is a bit slow but the reason is that they wan't to cover the hole events of the Arc
there's a tons of short fast paced animes to see if you didn't like this one because i like it
Aug 6, 2013 8:34 PM
Aug 2013
Cool Episode ...

killua is fighting with shoot and illumi's terror in his soul ...
Aug 8, 2013 12:34 PM

Dec 2012
Knuckle's power is awesome, doesn't match his tough guy routine at all :d. It seems like another aspect of Nen is being uncovered in this episode, I wonder if they'll keep using the POP/ARP in future episodes. Gon's fight is a race against time while Killua's is a psychological battle. If this were any other battle anime, I'd be expecting some sure shot win at the end of this, but I really am not sure what's going to happen at this point.

I've broken a few habits through heavy discipline myself, so I know it's going to take more than just self assurance for Killua to break this one, especially since it's a matter of life and death as well as remaining by Gon's side.

And it looks like the king's egg is really acting up, the queen looked like she was excited beyond belief at the end o_o.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

fishergirl16 - Mar 3, 2012

119 by Nerdason »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

fishergirl16 - Feb 18, 2012

263 by Nerdason »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Cetais - Feb 11, 2012

188 by Nerdason »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

877 by RoleCollab »»
Yesterday, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Amagai - Feb 4, 2012

97 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 2:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.