Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 27, 2013 7:30 AM

Aug 2011
SISTERS ARC DONE. That was amazing, though I'm glad its FINALLY over.

Now for some lighthearted fun aka FANSERVICE praise the anime Gods
Jul 27, 2013 7:47 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
That was such a satisfying conclusion, knowing that it's all finally come to an end.

Now, where to from here...Either way, I'm pretty sure they won't jump into whatever the next story will be just yet, so- oh what the heck, I'm so impressed at how the new adaptation of the sisters arc panned out, I almost don't want to see anything more.
Jul 27, 2013 7:52 AM

Sep 2012
That was a beautiful end to an amazing arc.

I see Frenda in the preview for the next episode, so does that mean we will also get to see some Mugino???
Jul 27, 2013 8:05 AM

Jun 2010
Perfect adaptation. 10/10 for Sisters arc.
Jul 27, 2013 8:17 AM

Oct 2012
That was an amazing arc, couldn't have asked for more.
Jul 27, 2013 8:57 AM

Sep 2012
So the director gave Index much more time than the one frame in the manga would suggest LOL
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 27, 2013 9:05 AM
Jul 2013
Well, that preview was a killjoy to an amazing action-packed MANGA-BASED arc (emphasis on manga-based).

I say cut the SoL and produce Index 3!

I'm keen for a volume 15 adaption! Level 1 vs Level 2!!
Jul 27, 2013 9:12 AM
Jul 2013
Mills said:

I enjoyed these last two episodes. Definitely excited for more Kuroko scenes and to hear the new fripSide opening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8rZ6JIbUPE

If you ask me, it sort of sounds like a remix of sister's noise. And sister's noise sounds like it borrows some elements of "only my railgun". But hey, that's just me. I listened to it a lot
Jul 27, 2013 9:20 AM

Nov 2010
Great end to the Arc
Misaka would have made a bigger mess if you shot the Railgun in the middle of Touma's punch on Accelerator
Biribiri's and Touma's reason to protect the sisters was certainly moving
Jul 27, 2013 9:28 AM

Jun 2011
analdildo69 said:
Well, that preview was a killjoy to an amazing action-packed MANGA-BASED arc (emphasis on manga-based).

I say cut the SoL and produce Index 3!

I'm keen for a volume 15 adaption! Level 1 vs Level 2!!

We really should enjoy all the Frenda we can get while we can though for obvious reasons.

Though i am still hoping they will do Liberal Arts City but lets just wait and see.

Instead of a few mins recap at the start of the episode they really should of used the time to expand Accelerators flashback a bit more that would of been better time used but other than that this was a great finale to the Sisters Arc. Lets see how this season wraps up, i am expecting good things for the rest of it.
DragoonDeusJul 28, 2013 7:00 PM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Jul 27, 2013 9:31 AM

May 2012
Long arc.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jul 27, 2013 9:38 AM

May 2013
Index sighting!

Good episode.
Jul 27, 2013 9:58 AM

Oct 2009
Finally it ends, some of the best works of JC yet.
Back to SoL, hope it won't last long..but yesssssss more Frenda!!!
Jul 27, 2013 10:18 AM

May 2011
I was expecting a little more from the arc conclusion, but it was still pretty nice. Definitely a fantastic rendition of the Sisters arc, I enjoyed every moment of it. Outstanding job, J.C. Staff!
Jul 27, 2013 10:28 AM

Jul 2013
Became intense during the first half then a comedy in the 2nd half

For those who watch the index series, is it similar in the railgun series but different perspective? Cause tbh I only watch the index version for several episodes and decided to put it on hold until the railgun s is finished.

And another thing is that i wasn't engaged on the index series until this season came out amazing.

I'll put on a marathon day for index though.

Jul 27, 2013 10:29 AM

Mar 2012
There goes a great ending to a great arc. I'm still dumbfounded at the fact that JC Staff was able to direct and animate something this good. I have high hopes for the next story arc, Liberal Arts City. Until then, let us enjoy a couple of weeks of SoL to wind down from this high tension arc.

My only hope is that they do as good a job with WWIII in Index (IV I assume) as they did with this arc.

Barion-Zara said:
I would've really liked if they adapted the Railgun SS1&2 from the LNs.
Lessar animated FREAKING WHEN???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sadly, no Lessar until Index III. Lessar making her debut would have been awesome.

Although, I am annoyed they cut this part from the manga

On another note, next episode, the cookie baking and some Frenda.
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
Jul 27, 2013 10:36 AM

Aug 2010
CreationBreaker said:
I have high hopes for the next story arc, Liberal Arts City. Until then, let us enjoy a couple of weeks of SoL to wind down from this high tension arc.

Was it confirmed that they're doing Liberal Arts?
Jul 27, 2013 10:39 AM

Apr 2010
So the arc of which we knew the ending is over but what will happen next looking forward to it.
A shame we didn't get to enjoy Index bothering Touma mercilessly but i guess we will get to see that in Index three again.

We also didn't get to see the frog doctor this entire season i am starting to miss him hope he makes a appearance soon.
He is probably brewing up his next plan for modifying Touma's body to the ultimate shounen hacks.
Jul 27, 2013 10:43 AM

Aug 2009
Barion-Zara said:
CreationBreaker said:
I have high hopes for the next story arc, Liberal Arts City. Until then, let us enjoy a couple of weeks of SoL to wind down from this high tension arc.

Hints.Hints everywhere.Even some words from the second Op along with some scenes from the video(hotels and sea) make it seem like it is a planned to be animated.
Aversa said:
So the arc of which we knew the ending is over but what will happen next looking forward to it.
A shame we didn't get to enjoy Index bothering Touma mercilessly but i guess we will get to see that in Index three again.

We also didn't get to see the frog doctor this entire season i am starting to miss him hope he makes a appearance soon.
He is probably brewing up his next plan for modifying Touma's body to the ultimate shounen hacks.
As if.Let me tell you a secret
Jul 27, 2013 10:50 AM

Jan 2008
The swing part was hilarious. Misaka even facepalm'd. Everything after was just as humorous.

Guess this means we'll be seeing less of Touma now...?
PaulJul 27, 2013 11:49 AM
Jul 27, 2013 10:55 AM

Mar 2013
The scene which stood out the most for me in this episode was the Background Monologue of Accelerator, how they handled it was superb.
Izayoi’s personal philosophy is “To suppress and control both the strong and weak.”
Jul 27, 2013 11:07 AM

Mar 2013
"Touma Kamijou is the greatest hero of all time." Well, at least that's what I like to say :P based on my own experiences of watching anime for at least 2 years....
So, basically, to sums it up, Misaka is a tsundere >:D
Anyways, a certain nun makes an appearance....for at least 3 seconds though..
Jul 27, 2013 11:10 AM

Apr 2010
Jul 27, 2013 11:47 AM
Dec 2009
imo, JC Staff can do whatever SoL, fanservice-filled arc they want to now. They did such a superb job with the adaptation, that they've earned it.
Jul 27, 2013 12:02 PM

Feb 2012
Great end to the arc.

Let the SoL begin!
Jul 27, 2013 12:08 PM

Aug 2008
Eh, this ending was a little bit too anticlimatic for my taste. The fight lasted too short, and the epilogue to the arc lasted too long.

Also, I feel like Accelerator is mentally retarded. He should have already known from the previous episode that he's no match for Touma in a hand to hand combat, but he can easily destroy Touma using projectiles. So what does Accelerator do when he sees Touma standing up? He decides to charge full speed at Touma instead of launching debris at him. I'm a little disappointed in him.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jul 27, 2013 12:22 PM

Mar 2012
guyklc said:
Eh, this ending was a little bit too anticlimatic for my taste. The fight lasted too short, and the epilogue to the arc lasted too long.

Also, I feel like Accelerator is mentally retarded. He should have already known from the previous episode that he's no match for Touma in a hand to hand combat, but he can easily destroy Touma using projectiles. So what does Accelerator do when he sees Touma standing up? He decides to charge full speed at Touma instead of launching debris at him. I'm a little disappointed in him.

Accelerator was not exactly in the best of mental states at this point. Put yourself in his shoes for a bit.
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
Jul 27, 2013 12:50 PM

Feb 2008
Probably the best episode of this series, though I didn't really understand the point of the Index cameo.
Jul 27, 2013 1:19 PM

Aug 2010
ssjokg said:
Barion-Zara said:
CreationBreaker said:

Hints.Hints everywhere.Even some words from the second Op along with some scenes from the video(hotels and sea) make it seem like it is a planned to be animated.

Do u have any links for the video scenes ur mentioning?
Jul 27, 2013 2:07 PM

May 2010
Wow the episode ended off really well!

"See you around Misaka"
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jul 27, 2013 2:37 PM

Oct 2012
lololol...the misaka sisters are just too awesome
"pfft"
Jul 27, 2013 2:49 PM

Dec 2009
Epic! And I want more romantic moments! x3
I'd be amazing if they become a couple but I wouldn't be surprised if it never happens with this kind of (shounen-like) story, you know what I mean.
Jul 27, 2013 2:52 PM

Feb 2013
Accelerator got owned twice in CQC
so of course he thinks he can get a half dead touma with more CQC
I thought he was suppose to be a genius. Why can't he kick more pebbles?
Jul 27, 2013 2:53 PM

Sep 2011
What a great way to end a fantastic arc<3. J.C Staff can do anything they want now IMO, but I was still hoping for some of the next arc in Railgun manga to be adapted. As long as I get my Misaka<3
Jul 27, 2013 3:06 PM
Nov 2008
guyklc said:

think for a bit bro, acc was controlling almost all the wind in the city to produce that ball, he even said that he couldn't use the wind to anything else. By that he probably meant that he couldn't use the vector change in anything else besides himself, that is why he charged at touMAN.

Plus, he wasnt in his best mental state.

@topic
really great episode, way better than the one in index 1. Looking forward to the SoL episode =)
Jul 27, 2013 3:06 PM

Jan 2013
There better be follow through on the romance, or this will suck
Jul 27, 2013 3:07 PM

Jun 2011
RightToLeft said:
Accelerator got owned twice in CQC
so of course he thinks he can get a half dead touma with more CQC
I thought he was suppose to be a genius. Why can't he kick more pebbles?

You do remember last episode that the last shrapnel attack Accelerator used on Touma was dodged and got him the hardest punch in the face of that episode right? Accelerator used projectiles in the fight as well they were massive steel beams and Touma managed to dodge, do not underestimate Touma's ability to dodge and read attacks but i will leave it at that since anymore will be going into spoilerish territory.

Though yes Accelerator was not thinking that clearly and was somewhat stubborn about crushing Touma in CQC since Touma breaking through was like a challenge and a mark on Accelerators pride. You could see at the end of the fight when Touma stood up that it shook Accelerator and made him falter Touma really shook Accelerator up in many ways.
DragoonDeusJul 27, 2013 4:56 PM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

Jul 27, 2013 3:08 PM

Jul 2010
Epic conclusion to the fight. He broke his freaking finger and busted his face on last time. To think he still had the strength for that. Accelerator on the other hand, was mentally exhausted.

So Mikoto did make Touma self made cookies afterwards, but she couldn't even give them in the end since her tsun mode was still in control. Her little bit of dere in the end was too cute. It's gonna be a while before she'll be honest with her feelings though. ^^

And so this is the end of the sisters arc. Next episode doesn't seem like it's any arc in particular (I did spot Frenda though), but it won't be long before we'll be seeing (that annoying) Misaki again.
OnyxthegreatJul 27, 2013 3:15 PM

Jul 27, 2013 3:15 PM

Aug 2009
Barion-Zara said:
ssjokg said:
Barion-Zara said:
CreationBreaker said:

Do u have any links for the video scenes ur mentioning?
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=550659&show=40#msg23810439
dadihu said:
guyklc said:

think for a bit bro, acc was controlling almost all the wind in the city to produce that ball, he even said that he couldn't use the wind to anything else. By that he probably meant that he couldn't use the vector change in anything else besides himself, that is why he charged at touMAN.

Plus, he wasnt in his best mental state.

@topic
really great episode, way better than the one in index 1. Looking forward to the SoL episode =)

what do you mean?
ssjokgJul 27, 2013 4:53 PM
Jul 27, 2013 5:05 PM

May 2013
Lol when accelerator's fingers broke. I find clone misaka more attractive hahaha than the original misaka Lol i guest new opening and ed next ep
Jul 27, 2013 5:15 PM

Jul 2013
That background monologue of Accelerator was nicely done... and when Touma broke Accelerator's fingers OUCH! also Misaka's tsundere moment at the end with Touma :D
Perfect arc ending, I hope we'll see more of Touma in the next episodes too.
Jul 27, 2013 5:28 PM

Sep 2011
xin09 said:
Lol when accelerator's fingers broke. I find clone misaka more attractive hahaha than the original misaka Lol i guest new opening and ed next ep
Thats cause she is emotionless and would probably do a lot more than Misaka is willing to... Nosebleeds
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jul 27, 2013 5:52 PM
Mar 2013
Infinity/10. Too lazy to repost my episode review. But let's just say I thought it was perfect.
Jul 27, 2013 6:04 PM

Dec 2012
Pity we didn't get to see Index munching off Touma's head a bit after the hospital scene :|
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jul 27, 2013 6:29 PM
Oct 2012
Finally, after 6 drawn out episodes the sisters arc is over (counting from vending machine point onwards). I wouln't have minded it so much if they actually followed Misaka's point of view but honestly most of these 6 episodes were more from Toma's point of view and we basically already saw that in the Index counterpart (which had better pacing imo).
Jul 27, 2013 6:34 PM

Aug 2009
musica123 said:
Finally, after 6 drawn out episodes the sisters arc is over (counting from vending machine point onwards). I wouln't have minded it so much if they actually followed Misaka's point of view but honestly most of these 6 episodes were more from Toma's point of view and we basically already saw that in the Index counterpart (which had better pacing imo).

Who cares about proper writing and development right?
Btw we SAW what Misaka was doing.Unless if you wanted to see more scenes of her moping or walking on sidewalks.Which was what she was doing during most of the later part,after the Tree Diagram ep.

Lol at the pace part.
Jul 27, 2013 6:49 PM
Oct 2012
ssjokg said:

Btw we SAW what Misaka was doing.Unless if you wanted to see more scenes of her moping or walking on sidewalks.Which was what she was doing during most of the later part,after the Tree Diagram ep.

Lol at the pace part.

I never really cared for the sister arc and yes, i would have rather seen her moping around and seeing her friends speculations about what was bothering her than see -yet again- Toma's part in resolving this arc.

The pacing of the sister arc was fast in the Index series but i'd prefer fast pacing over something we already seen than to see it again but drawn out. Maybe i was the only one who actually wanted to see the sister arc over (in the railgun series) so that we could see new things with Misaka and her crew
Jul 27, 2013 6:53 PM

Jan 2011
FRENDA ! wooo didn't think we would see ITEM again so soon
Jul 27, 2013 6:56 PM

Sep 2011
musica123 said:
ssjokg said:

Lol at the pace part.

I never really cared for the sister arc and yes, i would have rather seen her moping around and seeing her friends speculations about what was bothering her than see -yet again- Toma's part in resolving this arc.

The pacing of the sister arc was fast in the Index series but i'd prefer fast pacing over something we already seen than to see it again but drawn out. Maybe i was the only one who actually wanted to see the sister arc over (in the railgun series) so that we could see new things with Misaka and her crew

Eh. Thought its good to see fresh material, its good to see a mistake rectified into an enjoyable segment. The Sister's arc in the Index Anime was like Instant noodle, fast and tasteless, I didn't give a shit about it at all.

Railgun S, is like that thick, flavorful and detailed Tonkotsu soup that takes hours to brew~ But the satisfaction you get when you finish it just can't compare.

Having mistakes in directing in the past changed is great!
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jul 27, 2013 7:04 PM

Jun 2011
musica123 said:

The first season of Index which was what the sister Arc then was from aired back in 2008 it is now 2013 which is a more than a large enough gap for this to retold and rather differently and so much better, it is not like it aired last year or it is the endless 8 or something. They did tell it from Misaka's point of view this time hell did you forget about all the previous episodes involving destroying labs and ITEM? they also showed things from Accelerators point of view at times and fleshed him out more as well (which is good for Railgun only watchers because we wont get his meeting with Last Order). They told the complete and full story this time and did the fight how it was actually meant to be shown unlike the index anime fight which is rather different and quite lacking in comparison. The animation, OST, composition and pacing were all better the VA was top notch with Misaka's VA pulling off something truly moving on the bridge scene, everything was just better. Also i seem to remember the Accelerator fight lasting 2 episode in the Index anime and the bridge taking up a whole episode as well so what are you on about?

This arc is the best thing we have ever gotten out of the Raildex animes and you complain about it? Confirmed for shit taste and goes to prove people will always complain no matter what you do, poor JC Staff they really pulled it off this time and still can not please everyone.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2013

371 by proxima16 »»
Jan 25, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

119 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 5:08 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2013

99 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2013

125 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2013

104 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 5:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.