Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2009 12:43 PM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
For the first time, the opening isn't a flash-back.

Okay, so Ringo is special, but special in what way?

So Dio got his balls back, sort of - I wonder on whose side he will eventually end up.

And Braiking Boss isn't quite as washed-up as he puts on.
Jan 24, 2009 3:14 PM

Aug 2008
That was a bit of a bust, I thought there was more to Ringo than that. Maybe they're still holding out on us?

Did Dio ever have balls? And all it took was a pep-talk amounting to "You don't have someone to protect, so that's why you suck." Lame.

Braiking Boss is my new point of interest since everything else is turning out to be deceptively simple.
Jan 24, 2009 4:17 PM

Feb 2008
the boss only told dio what he didn't want to hear so he'd get pissed off. they all know he cant beat casshern, even for the lame reason the boss gave. he was supposed to be stronger than those two robots but they beat the crap out of him. he just needed to get pissed that's all. as far as ringo goes, who knows.
Jan 24, 2009 4:32 PM

Sep 2008
Could ringo be robot child? I mean, Oji did explain that it is possible for robots to give birth (although I don't get how at all), so maybe Ringo is that?
Just a guess, I really don't know.
Also, what is Braiking Boss aiming at? He seems to be giving "advices" to both Dio and Casshern, but what is his ultimate goal?
Since the story finally started progressing this show gets a little better, although Dio is really stupid character...
Jan 24, 2009 7:42 PM

Dec 2008
Good episode.
Interesting plot this episode. Is that really all there is to Ringo?
I still want to know if Luna is real.

And, maybe I am a bit crazy here. But does it seem like they are trying to throw random fan service in the anime? I guess I am just crazy..but it seems like they are.
Jan 24, 2009 7:53 PM

Jan 2008
My bet is that Ringo is Luna reborn.
Jan 24, 2009 8:50 PM

Sep 2007
Freaking cheater bio-bots. They'll never be as cool as the old-school killing machines, with their "emotions" and crap.

Also, Braiking Boss is still awesome.
Jan 25, 2009 3:39 AM

Jun 2008
They didn't say much about Ringo past.

potatomac911 said:

And, maybe I am a bit crazy here. But does it seem like they are trying to throw random fan service in the anime? I guess I am just crazy..but it seems like they are.

Where? I didn't saw any fan service.
Jan 25, 2009 5:07 AM
Jul 2008
I Really loved this ep. I cant believe Dio got beaten up the first time, good thing he got his revenge. Braiking Boss is pretty cool for an old man. I wanna see more Dio VS Casshern battles.
Jan 25, 2009 7:10 AM
Jun 2007
There was fanservice? WHERE?! WHERE!?
Jan 25, 2009 7:34 AM

Dec 2008
Wow. Don't get too excited. v-v I mean like, really mild fan service.

I started to notice it in episode 15. Such as, quite a few close-ups of Lyuze's butt...and a few other mild things. This also appeared a few times in this episode.

Er, that's it. o-o Maybe I need to think before I say things..
Go ahead, flame me. I kinda deserve it. v-v I think I just have a messed up mind.
Jan 25, 2009 10:18 AM

Feb 2008
Way better than the previous episode imo.

When Lyuze stumbled into the arms of Casshern in the last episode I was a bit suspiciuos. But with the beginning of this episode I am pretty sure my guess is right:

Lyuze suffers from being infected by the "ruin" *want to comfort her*

She really seems to be ill. And as we all know due to previous episodes, it will very likely end in another heartbreaking death scene. T.T

nina4life said:
Could ringo be robot child? I mean, Oji did explain that it is possible for robots to give birth (although I don't get how at all), so maybe Ringo is that?

As far as I understand, the experiment failed. None of the robots built to give birth was capable of "producing" babies. So my guess is that Ringo was hidden inside the robot body in order to not being found by hostile robots.

nina4life said:

Also, what is Braiking Boss aiming at? He seems to be giving "advices" to both Dio and Casshern, but what is his ultimate goal?

Since this episode the Braiking Boss is also a big "question mark" for me. If I recall correctly, in the first episode he said that he wants to kill Casshern. But now he seems to be not interested to fight anyone unless it is absolutely necessary.
Interesting character nonetheless...
Jan 25, 2009 12:25 PM
Jun 2007
Yea I love the Lyuze ass-close ups. I had to restrain myself from pausing and fapping. There is definitely fan-service.

Yea I think Braiking Boss is trying to make Dio stronger so that he'll be able to kill Casshern. Really I think Dios bitch is Braiking bosses opponent at this point, since they are both trying to manipulate Dio.

Jan 25, 2009 7:10 PM

Oct 2007
FTGT said:
nina4life said:
As far as I understand, the experiment failed. None of the robots built to give birth was capable of "producing" babies. So my guess is that Ringo was hidden inside the robot body in order to not being found by hostile robots.
Even thought the experiment was a failure BUT thing can happened, like how Casshern changed from a killing machine to became closer to a human. And there is a possible that Ringo has something to do with Luna. When Luna was being killed, it was more like she was rather letting herself without any regret. And what she told Dune just before she died was also questionable.

FTGT said:
nina4life said:

Since this episode the Braiking Boss is also a big "question mark" for me. If I recall correctly, in the first episode he said that he wants to kill Casshern. But now he seems to be not interested to fight anyone unless it is absolutely necessary.
Interesting character nonetheless...
It is pretty much clear that Braiking Boss is having an interest in Casshern's immortal and right now he is trying to pull a string behind everything.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jan 25, 2009 7:49 PM

Jun 2007
haha so I was right! Ringo is human or human/robot! I'm gonna have to agree with FTGT about Ringo being hidden in a body of a robot so she wouldn't be killed.

BTW. the robot birth experiment wasn't a failure. Dio and his female partner could still have a kid. Casshern, Dio, and whats her face where all give the ability to make life...the only problem is neither Casshern nor Dio seem to like what's her face lol.

Braking Boss seems like he's just trying to fuck with the three. I don't really see him having a real goal at this point.
Jan 28, 2009 8:12 AM
Nov 2008
This episode's quite a disappointment to me.. Too much stuffs going on (jumping between Ringo & co. and Dio & co.), too little time. Not giving enough details to each to give this episode enough depth.

Lyuze seemed to be weakened from the previous battle.. Has the Ruin started for her? Or she's just injured (if this is the case, I suppose she can't recover anyway, am I wrong?)?

Now we only know a little more about Ringo. She's found by Ohji in a bleeding Robot, as if she's a fetus in the womb (instead of being placed there??)... Interesting. I wonder who did that to that robot. Definately not Ohji.

That Dio.. I was surprised that the 2 older generation fighting machines actually beat Dio who was supposed to be superior than them. I can't see his usefulnes yet, except to be manipulated by Braiking Boss and Leda.

Talking about Braiking Boss, I think there's more to what it seems. He must have plotting something by trying give "advice" to Casshern and Dio.
cerulean18Jan 28, 2009 8:16 AM
Jan 29, 2009 10:35 AM

Mar 2008
noteDhero said:
That was a bit of a bust, I thought there was more to Ringo than that. Maybe they're still holding out on us?

Did Dio ever have balls? And all it took was a pep-talk amounting to "You don't have someone to protect, so that's why you suck." Lame.

Braiking Boss is my new point of interest since everything else is turning out to be deceptively simple.

My thoughts as well.
Feb 17, 2009 9:48 AM

Aug 2008
It was ok.. I actually prefer when they show Dio and Leda instead of Casshern..
Feb 19, 2009 6:55 PM

Jan 2009
Nice to see Casshern find his resolve in this episode. Also seeing into how Oji met Ringo. And, more despair is always appreciated. :D
Feb 26, 2010 7:28 PM

Jul 2008
i feel as if braiking boss is somehow manipulating the entire situation or something
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Nov 6, 2010 7:55 PM

Dec 2008
I want Braiking Boss to just go somewhere and die!
It looks like Ringo is a human child...and it seems that she was hidden inside the body of a robot.
Damn! I can't believe how quick Leda just rolled over on, Dio and pledged her loyalty to those two robots. Dio should kill her next!!
Sep 9, 2012 2:42 AM

Jul 2008
So the key is why is Braiking Boss doing all of this, why did he want to ruin the world?
Sep 12, 2012 8:53 PM
Mar 2009
Huh. So what is Ringo? A human after all?

I feel like Casshern and Lyuze are becoming ever closer to lovers...
Sep 17, 2012 5:40 PM

Sep 2012
i wonder what that "gift" really is, and what Ringo's relation to Luna is
Sep 29, 2012 10:17 PM

Oct 2011
YAY flash back!
May 21, 2013 12:30 AM
Aug 2011
I actually liked that little bit of Ouji's flashback.

And is it weird that I was hoping/am hoping that Ringo is actually Casshern and Luna's child?
I know it's farfetched, but lol...it would prove for some entertainment and slight mindfuckery.
Jan 31, 2014 10:30 PM

Nov 2013
Vulcan shouldn't have fucked with Braking Boss. He even has boss in his name clearly telling you not to fuck with him.

Feb 21, 2014 1:12 PM

May 2012
Pretty interesting development with some nice action, let's see what's next though!
Mar 4, 2014 4:42 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Braiking Boss demonstrating the talents that must have made him the main man of the pre-Ruin world. He told Dio exactly what he needed to hear.

I'm starting to have suspicions about Casshern's origins. Might he be part human too?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 2, 2014 10:02 AM

Nov 2011
So many fucking cool people in this episode. Yes. New interest is Braiking Boss.

HE A BOSS

I don't know how to receive Dio's empowerment. I mean sure, what Braiking Boss may have pissed the shit out of him. After all, he was stating the difference between him and Casshern and how he was basically exalting Casshern as the most superior being in terms of strength, and humanness. But I guess that WAS too quick. I mean come on. The Empire's 2 strongest: Vulcan and Mars. They died the same episode they were introduced in............oh wait, a lot of characters from past eps also had the same thing happen to them.....

WELL ANYWAY
I think that's really fuckin sad that the TWO strongest in the Empire died JUST LIKE THAT. But I liked how this episode felt so long.
Jan 6, 2016 1:21 AM

Jan 2013
Great fights this episode. Dio made a quick turnaround.
May 19, 2016 11:55 PM

Jan 2010

Now that I think about it, I think Ohji and Braiking Boss are the most interesting characters in the show. Both are older characters who were involved with the Ruin's beginnings, both are really hard to read, and both seem delegated to the sidelines and background, despite being important reoccurring characters.

For this episode, it was mostly a focus on Ohji, and with his motivations clear for sticking with Ringo, the next mystery now is where he's trying to get to. Is everyone's paths going to converge at Luna's domain? If so, then it might be the place of the penultimate episode, unless there's another location beyond that which will uncover more mysteries of the show.

That being said, there is a lot of withheld information. I appreciate the brief flashbacks to past events which slowly reveal information, which is again akin to Casshern's memories slowly coming back together, but it really does feel like information being held out to viewers like a carrot on a stick. I appreciate the sentiment though, and I do recognize that it works to an extent. 3/4 of the way done through the show, and despite still not knowing much about what's going on behind the show's curtains, I'm still interested to see where this is all going.

Oh, and yeah, Leda and Dio doing things. Their interests seem too simple, as far as trying to garner control of what robots are left in the world. There's certainly something going on in the shadows with whatever Leda is working on. This is in addition to Dio's own obsession with Casshern, whatever Braiking Boss is trying to do, Dune too if he's still alive, whatever this Luna is trying to do, and all the things the other occurring and main characters are doing. Stepping back, Casshern Sins is either extremely complex or overly complicated with the amount of interests and ambitions creating friction against one another.
Jun 1, 2019 9:13 PM

Jul 2016
nice episode, there is really not much else to say
Jan 12, 2022 1:05 PM

Dec 2015
And another reveal episode ! I wasn't sure it would happen but it did, and I should have seen coming who would be the cause of it.

The way the show tries to appear or turn into a story is hard to watch though, it might become its demise.

3/5
And who's the human/robot child who will happen to be one if not the single key to the show? Who?
May 31, 2022 11:38 PM

Feb 2021
Pretty decent, learned more about the characters. Each episode goes by pretty fast for me

More topics from this board

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

slayer545-sama - Nov 20, 2008

92 by GabrielWhite »»
Feb 15, 10:33 PM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 22 Discussion

shoxk - Mar 8, 2009

36 by P_e_r_i »»
Dec 19, 2023 7:17 AM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 20 Discussion

dbaranyi - Feb 18, 2009

28 by FireRifle64 »»
Dec 7, 2023 10:42 AM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Feb 4, 2009

93 by FireRifle64 »»
Dec 2, 2023 7:59 PM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Oct 16, 2008

94 by FireRifle64 »»
Nov 24, 2023 9:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.