Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 14, 2013 8:36 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
You can tell they wanted to make a sequel, not sure why they never did.

I liked it, but a lot of it could have been condensed and/or improved upon. Though part of that is probably the fact that I've seen a lot of these themes many times before and at least some of this story has been cannibalized by other works that I've read/seen/played.
Jul 22, 2013 7:50 PM

Nov 2011
Yeaahh, still a bit unsatisfied by the ending.
But still, imagine Nausicaa be remade, by nowadays animation quality
Epic.
Sep 1, 2013 12:22 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Hmm, not a big fan of the ending message.

I don't think discarding the past and forgetting about it would make the new world better. A better way to not make mistake is to actually remember the old technology and how dangerous it can be when misused. Eventually, by forgetting the past, the same mistake will be repeated again.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 19, 2013 5:46 PM

Nov 2009
I would agree that the ending message was questionable . . . However, as a whole . . . Maybe I'm just blinded by my love for Miyazaki's other works, but this was amazing. I mean truly a great manga, definitely deserving a spot in my current top 3. 9/10. (My one complaint actually would be with what was up with the first crypt she visited? I didn't ever understand why that was there . . . But that was probably due to me misreading something, or perhaps a few pages missing from the scans I was reading)
Oct 31, 2013 2:25 PM
Apr 2013
I felt the ending somewhat fell flat, but otherwise this wasdefinately agreat manga, one of those that leave you feeling empty and spent when it's over. I especially loved Nausicaä, I think she avoided most of the typical pitfalls the wellmeaning healer girl -types usually fall in.
Nov 24, 2013 6:56 PM
Nov 2013
Yeah, the ending felt entirely out of left field. The twist at the end was very good, of course, but the final panel itself is pretty much "and they lived happily ever after." Perhaps after spending so much on and off time on the manga, Miyazaki just wanted it over with?

Still loved it. A really incredible story with a very imaginative and interesting setting to back it up. I just wish it was more widely appreciated so I could talk about it more.
zyoxoNov 24, 2013 7:08 PM
Apr 15, 2014 5:46 AM

Oct 2012
Series gave a bizzare feeling, at time it was really good, simply amazing and at times it made you question - just why? Why?

So yeah, that's rare that I encounter something so contradictive, and I doubt it was made on purpose, as it only added to confusion - did the author just throw smart words and philosophies randomly without realizing everything fully himself or he tried us to get confused(again, why for either of those? Oo)..

Guess I will let it stay as something half mysterious to me - weak 9/10 for me, a combination of art flaws and story flaws were not enough to give it 8, but it only barely touched the 8.6 or so in the end.

It's realy weird how such experienced author managed to make some scenes seem organised as if they were done by an amateur, also it barely improved over releases, so I doubt much effort was put on that part.

Pretty sad, seeing how the idea itself was 10/10, but guess it was just too hard to realize it fully.
Apr 30, 2015 11:48 PM

Oct 2011
I initially planned to give it an 8 but I was very compelled to give it a 9

I must buy a physical copy as soon as possible
BlueKiteMay 1, 2015 12:23 AM
Jun 21, 2015 4:44 AM

Jan 2011
I think I'll settle on 8/10 for now, since it did tend to drag at parts and keep repeating itself, and there were parts that were hard to follow what was happening due to the art. Overall a good read though.
Dec 20, 2015 3:37 AM

Apr 2013
Finally I got to see a story driven by the characters and their actions instead of a mysterious force that triggers all the events. Man angers the nature and everyone pays the ultimate price for his mistake. Well done Miyazaki.
Jan 1, 2016 4:55 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Good stuff by Miyazaki. Over 90% of his stuff is high quality. Was thinking a 9, but went ahead with a 10.

Jan 11, 2016 1:32 AM
Mar 2015
Loved the manga although I felt it could have ended better. I wish there was a sequel showing nausicaa and the other princess girl rebuilding civilization. Also nausicaa and selm are the true otp.

Overall it is a 9.5/10 for me. Would be perfect if it had a more satisfying ending.
Jan 13, 2016 3:47 PM

Aug 2011
It's been quite some time since I enjoyed manga so much, maybe I am a little biased because I am Miyazaki's fan but even so. Surprisingly rich story for merely 7 volumes which even had around 160 pages average. It felt it was a lot longer. Ending could be prolonged a little bit more but all story-lines around characters were pretty much wrapped up, so I don't have a problem with that.
May 12, 2017 8:26 AM

Jun 2014
Took me a long time to finish this one. I initially read the first volume, but I felt I was pretty confused, then I went on and watched the movie, then started reading the manga from the start again. Some parts about the war were confusing, but I'm sure I'll understand more when I reread this some day. The art was stellar, Miyazaki really is unbelievably talented. He's so good at coming up with fascinating worlds and settings. Nausicaa was a great character and the story was a good ride all the way.

I actually liked how the ending was open, since I feel like it fits the manga perfectly.

10/10, would read again, very solid manga.
alpha_shadowNov 11, 2019 9:30 PM
:3
Jul 15, 2017 3:38 PM

Dec 2013
Reading this was pure joy but the last few chapters seem very rush which is shame because the story overall is masterpiece. 9/10
Feb 20, 2019 7:35 AM
Jul 2018
Pretty great manga. Amazing worldbuliding, the story is multi-layered with interesting messages all around. I think the overall cast could have been developed a bit better since I would have liked to see more of certain characters like Asbel, nevertheless really liked certain characters like Kushana.

Also the ending is perfect for this manga, which convinced me to raise the score to 9.
Jun 8, 2021 2:28 PM

Mar 2021
Wow that was an amazing manga. Tbh this didn't even feel like 7 volumes but rather 14 volumes because every volume is just dense af. Definitely didn't expect the story to turn out the way it did. Very good read imo.

10/10
“Without love, it cannot be seen.”
Sep 6, 2021 2:52 AM

May 2020
The ending does feel a bit abrupt and I kind of wish we got to see what happens to the world towards the end.

Anyway, I enjoyed this a lot. I really liked Nausicaä, which is weird because I usually dislike characters like her.
Jun 26, 2022 7:48 AM

Jul 2021
Almost every character in the story is likable in their own ways, and the concept and themes blend together well due to great writing and art. The story and characters reference many other works, but each reference is a matter of satisfying execution. Top 8 Favorite series of all time, 9.5/10
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Oct 23, 2022 8:41 PM
Nov 2019
whatevere5656 said:
Yeaahh, still a bit unsatisfied by the ending.
But still, imagine Nausicaa be remade, by nowadays animation quality
Epic.
The Ending is beautiful why?
Oct 23, 2022 8:41 PM
Nov 2019
cold_ said:
Very good overall, but I think this ending is underwhelming. By the end, I was actually rooting for the master of the crypt, seems like his vision is better in the long term. It feels as though nothing was really accomplished by what Nausicaa did, when she dies human will simply repeat the same mistakes.
8/10
Because you can't understand
Jun 3, 2023 6:41 AM

Aug 2020
This ending was a tad rushed, but satisfying. Condemning the past technologies is a bit harsh message IMO, however everything else such as worldbuilding and atmosphere was on point. Nausicaä was a big text wall most of the time, but I must admit it was worth it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaze no Tani no Nausicaä Chapter 1 Discussion

almightybismarck - Sep 16, 2023

0 by almightybismarck »»
Sep 16, 2023 5:41 AM

» Was the Master of the Crypt really a bad guy?

grandy_UiD - Jul 7, 2016

11 by Lux_Vacui »»
Jul 26, 2023 12:04 PM

Poll: » Kaze no Tani no Nausicaä Chapter 27 Discussion

Tsunamii_ - Jul 7, 2023

1 by Thewatcher_22 »»
Jul 7, 2023 12:20 PM

» Nausicaa Vol.1 - Discussion

bluebadger - May 7, 2008

2 by Tsunamii_ »»
May 6, 2023 12:19 PM

» what is the closest fantasy novel to this manga?

Huss - Dec 27, 2017

4 by Green5 »»
May 10, 2022 2:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.