Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jul 14, 2013 7:15 PM

Apr 2011
Cabron said:
IchigoHollowfi said:
symbv said:
The color scheme and style used is quite interesting, especially when it comes to the hair:

I agree.

And does anyone else find Her very annoying? XD
Nope.
Sorry just you.

Nope, sorry, a lot of people can't freaking stand this idiot. He's definitely not alone, and I'm sure a lot of people will drop this 1st episode.

TinkleTinkle-Hoy said:

I'm convinced whenever there's just a large amount of people saying the same thing in the form of a sentence, they are almost all people who frequent 4chan&orReddit. Cause I always look there(I hate those sites) and surprise everyone is parroting the same shit.

Average 4chan/Reddit user

Or, y'know, it could be that she's a GODDAMN ANNOYING LITTLE TWAT and that a lot of people just can't stand her. You're all parroting 'good' things about her, does that make you a bunch of brainwashed fanboys? When a bunch of people are saying the same thing, it's not because they don't have their own opinions, it's because they're on to something.

Let's say you make some obviously incorrect statement ("The sky is pink with orange polka dots" or "Hajime is an entertaining character"). I counter with the correct answer: The sky is blue, except when it's black or grey. 10,000 say the same thing. Are they 'parroting' my statement or are they just aware of something you're not?
Blind_GuardianJul 14, 2013 7:19 PM
Jul 14, 2013 7:25 PM

Jan 2008
Blind_Guardian said:
TinkleTinkle-Hoy said:

I'm convinced whenever there's just a large amount of people saying the same thing in the form of a sentence, they are almost all people who frequent 4chan&orReddit. Cause I always look there(I hate those sites) and surprise everyone is parroting the same shit.

Or, y'know, it could be that she's a GODDAMN ANNOYING LITTLE TWAT and that a lot of people just can't stand her. You're all parroting 'good' things about her, does that make you a bunch of brainwashed fanboys? When a bunch of people are saying the same thing, it's not because they don't have their own opinions, it's because they're on to something.

So basically, your saying when a bunch of people praise her for her personality, they're basically 'brainwashed fanboys' as you like to call them, but when they all hate her for her personality, they're right and have a superior opinion?

Okay.
Jul 14, 2013 7:33 PM

May 2010
I mean, I know Hajime is completely retarded and autistic, but that's why she's appealing.
Jul 14, 2013 7:43 PM

Apr 2011
Paul said:
Blind_Guardian said:
TinkleTinkle-Hoy said:

So basically, your saying when a bunch of people praise her for her personality, they're basically 'brainwashed fanboys' as you like to call them, but when they all hate her for her personality, they're right and have a superior opinion?

Okay.

Didn't say that, but you sure as hell said the opposite towards the people that hate her, simply pointed out that you're doing the exact same thing that haters are. Objectively, she has a lot of major personality flaws that some find endearing and some find unforgivably irritating. So stop pretending your opinion is superior to others' because 'a lot of people say the same thing'. Those of us that hate it won't watch it, and those of you who love it can enjoy your mindless entertainment.
Jul 14, 2013 8:06 PM

Jan 2008
Blind_Guardian said:
Paul said:
Blind_Guardian said:
TinkleTinkle-Hoy said:

Okay.

Didn't say that, but you sure as hell said the opposite towards the people that hate her, simply pointed out that you're doing the exact same thing that haters are. Objectively, she has a lot of major personality flaws that some find endearing and some find unforgivably irritating. So stop pretending your opinion is superior to others' because 'a lot of people say the same thing'. Those of us that hate it won't watch it, and those of you who love it can enjoy your mindless entertainment.

Didn't say that? You sure did though. You stated "You're all parroting 'good' things about her." Now feel free to browse through the pages. Those who dislike her aren't doing any different.

Flaws? So because she's not the perfect character, she's a bad character? Alright, another great opinion.

And no where did I state my opinion was superior, I stated you believe yours is as someone who doesn't like her because all you're doing is bashing on those who do like.
PaulJul 14, 2013 8:10 PM
Jul 14, 2013 8:17 PM

Feb 2008
To be honest I never get annoyed much with the character, maybe it just me I guess but I do love Hajime you don't see much of main character with such a personality.

Feel like I have hear similar music from a live action drama

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 14, 2013 9:34 PM

Jan 2008
The art is awful, however I guess that's the kind of thing you can get accustomed with time. But I'll never know as Hajime is typically the type of character I hate and thanks to her I don't even wanna try...
Dropped in the middle of the episode.
Jul 14, 2013 10:30 PM
Apr 2013
Didn't really like this ep.

- The art :( i'll probably get used to it though
- The MC is annoying - very, very annoying
- The "mech" is decent? Certainly a new twist

i'll watch it for another 2-3 eps and see how they are but no expectations at all for this anime
Jul 14, 2013 10:52 PM

Jul 2011
ANYONE WHO HATES HAJIME MUST BE THOSE SAD OTAKU WHO DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO HAVE FUN AND GET HIGH!!!!!!!!!!!

ANYONE WHO HATES THE ART MUST BE THOSE SAD OTAKU WHO CAN ONLY APPRECIATE ANIME LIKE LITTLE BUSTER(ewww), BECAUSE HIPSTER ANIME INTIMIDATED THEM

love<33<333<33333HAJIME4EVERRRR&EVERRRRRR'TILDAWURLDENDZZZZZ<333HAJIME
Jul 15, 2013 12:13 AM

Apr 2013
^ You're way too high. Just like Hajime.
Jul 15, 2013 12:47 AM

Mar 2012
Looks like an interesting anime, might turn out to be pretty good.
Jul 15, 2013 12:57 AM

Feb 2013
I dont know how people are in love with this already, it just seemed ok to me so far, also I dont get how people like Hajime, I think she is really annoying. Im gonna keep watching to see if I like it better, but I might drop it just because of her
[/url]
Jul 15, 2013 1:13 AM

Feb 2013
Paul said:
Blind_Guardian said:
Paul said:
Blind_Guardian said:
TinkleTinkle-Hoy said:

Okay.

Didn't say that? You sure did though. You stated "You're all parroting 'good' things about her." Now feel free to browse through the pages. Those who dislike her aren't doing any different.

Flaws? So because she's not the perfect character, she's a bad character? Alright, another great opinion.

And no where did I state my opinion was superior, I stated you believe yours is as someone who doesn't like her because all you're doing is bashing on those who do like.

Just to clear this up, blind_guardian says" You're all parroting 'good' things about her, does that make you a bunch of brainwashed fanboys?" which is a question not a statement intended to show that there is a double standard to what was said.

Also no1 said that because there are "flaws" in her character that she is bad, they said that some people like how she acts and some dont think its annoying

And as for your comment about people who dont like Hajime "bashing on those who do" your doing the same thing by not reading what was written and flaming. I see lots of people in favor hating on those who dont and vise versa.
[/url]
Jul 15, 2013 5:21 AM
Aug 2012
That was shit.
Jul 15, 2013 5:26 AM

Jul 2010

Don't like the 'ART' ^ nor characters (Hajime is kinda annoying) nor setting, so there's nothing left for me here. I'm passing on this.
OnyxthegreatJul 15, 2013 5:32 AM

Jul 15, 2013 5:47 AM

Jan 2008
PhantomFenrir said:
Paul said:

Just to clear this up, blind_guardian says" You're all parroting 'good' things about her, does that make you a bunch of brainwashed fanboys?" which is a question not a statement intended to show that there is a double standard to what was said.

Also no1 said that because there are "flaws" in her character that she is bad, they said that some people like how she acts and some dont think its annoying

And as for your comment about people who dont like Hajime "bashing on those who do" your doing the same thing by not reading what was written and flaming. I see lots of people in favor hating on those who dont and vise versa.

What triggered me to question him was him including "she's a GODDAMN ANNOYING LITTLE TWAT" in the previous post, note the caps, then goes onto with the question, which is honestly, more like he was implying than he was question. I'm aware she is a hit or miss character, but if you're going to dislike her, there's no need to trash talk those who do like her. I'm already aware of blind's opinion of the show and her from his previous post I noticed.

Forgive me on the last two, I missed one word. Endearing. His edit in the original post? Doesn't really change anything.
Jul 15, 2013 5:59 AM

Jun 2013
Liking it so far. Love the art style actually, it's nice to see something different every once in a while. And it's the Summer season so why not have a bright colour scheme? c:

I don't usually watch animes like this, but I'll keep watching for a few more episodes before I drop it since the characters seem interesting.
Jul 15, 2013 9:19 AM
Oct 2010
I'm on the fence about Hajime. I find her a little annoying, but also really fun. I really like the art and how colorful it is, though the hair stripes are weird.
I read somewhere that Joe develops feelings for Hajime. That's kinda awkward since he's 13 years older than her.
Jul 15, 2013 12:03 PM

Feb 2013
Paul said:
PhantomFenrir said:
Paul said:

What triggered me to question him was him including "she's a GODDAMN ANNOYING LITTLE TWAT" in the previous post, note the caps, then goes onto with the question, which is honestly, more like he was implying than he was question. I'm aware she is a hit or miss character, but if you're going to dislike her, there's no need to trash talk those who do like her. I'm already aware of blind's opinion of the show and her from his previous post I noticed.

Forgive me on the last two, I missed one word. Endearing. His edit in the original post? Doesn't really change anything.

Well I agree with you about him "she's a GODDAMN ANNOYING LITTLE TWAT", that's a little but overboard, but I took it more as an angry response to what was commented on. But as for people trash talking Hajime, to me it looks more people just say she is annoying which is an opinion not hate and if that only nice things could be posted in a discussion forum then what would be the point.
[/url]
Jul 15, 2013 12:42 PM

Sep 2012
OK, Hajime is annoying I agree, but there are a lot more plus than that to keep me interested

- really cool and well-animated OP and ED
- appealing use of colorful background art
- characters seem to be all eccentric but yet interesting people who get work done if they need to.
- animation pretty good
- Uchida Maaya voicing Hajime and Hirano Aya voicing the panda are great
- Hajime may be too fearless and outreaching, but she is also adorable because of that: Just look at how she shook hands with herself when the guy refused to shake hands with her. This is a girl who is at ease with herself and at ease with anybody, including the oddest and most unresponsive guys around, which may come to be her strength later in the series.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 15, 2013 1:12 PM

Aug 2012
i wish i could have 10% of Hajime's cheerful personality, she's so adorable and able to adapt like a boss. and her voice <3

btw, Hirano as Paiman <3

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Jul 15, 2013 7:41 PM

May 2010
The fact that these two are duking it out over a character that is completely and utterly autistic is pretty hilarious.

She's supposed to be a shit character, that's the point. That's why she'd enjoyable, there's no deeper meaning or thinking to it.
Jul 15, 2013 7:45 PM

Oct 2008
Alright! It's HENSHIN time!

Jul 15, 2013 7:58 PM
Jul 2009
okthxbaii said:
She's supposed to be a shit character, that's the point. That's why she'd enjoyable, there's no deeper meaning or thinking to it.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. She's pretty eccentric, yes, but she's not stupid. She seems to be pretty smart, actually. The last scene gives it away.
Jul 15, 2013 8:24 PM

May 2010
1idd0kun said:
okthxbaii said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that. She's pretty eccentric, yes, but she's not stupid. She seems to be pretty smart, actually. The last scene gives it away.

But we can all agree she's at least autistic, right?
Jul 15, 2013 9:45 PM

Sep 2011
I really like first episode of crowds. Style, characters, armors, everything except that the name of the series is Gatchaman. I think that affects the 72 series andcrowds.
Anyway, In the end, it was one of the better first episodes of the season.
Jul 16, 2013 3:32 PM

Jan 2011
figuette said:

And people who complain that Hajime is annoying probably don't understand/are not willing to understand her as a character. She is a much welcome change and a great nod to the "hero" trope of the old days. Just stop and think how the old protagonists used to be (by old I mean in the 70ies-80ies) and you will start to appreciate her a bit more. In fact you will understand how much of a genius Nakamura is.

This. Hajime isn't annoying at all. Unless you think being gung ho and eccentric somehow equates to being annoying.
VioLinkJul 16, 2013 3:50 PM
[center]
Jul 16, 2013 5:45 PM
Nov 2007
Thinking Hajime's annoying doesn't mean that one doesn't understand the character or isn't willing to give her a go. Character archetype preferences is purely subjective. If one doesn't like a character, it may be that they just don't like the character. There's no need to say "you don't understand" or "you're just too close minded" because you disagree with their opinion.

That said, Hajime's an annoying character. Just imagine yourself hanging out with someone like her in real life. She's a loose cannon. She's no better than an undisciplined kid who keeps shouting and singing random words all the time.
Jul 16, 2013 5:47 PM

Jun 2012
1idd0kun said:
okthxbaii said:

I'm also of the camp that there's more to her than meets the eye. I think she just does what amuses her similar to Prince Baka from Level E. We'll see though as the show goes on seeing as it's only been one episode.

There were lots of little hints in the episode but what raised my suspicion the most was her behavior when she gets her NOTE. Hajime's on the roof with her notepad talking about how she's "hungry" yet it shows her lunch barely eaten. After JJ appears and gives Hajime her NOTE, she gets all genki and says I THINK I'M GONNA GET FULL!!!!

Definitely not a coincidence

HybridMBLJul 16, 2013 8:29 PM
Jul 16, 2013 5:56 PM

Aug 2012
radiantfire said:
There's no need to say "you don't understand" or "you're just too close minded" because you disagree with their opinion.

This is why i used the word "probably". It's very easy to see an eccentric character and disregard it as such without considering why this character is the way it is. Eccentrics are eccentrics for a reason and usually are not welcomed, but there is a very specific reason for Hajime to be the way she is, it's not for laughs it's not to annoy or to be loud and colorfull. She is smart (very possible on a genius level), she is rebellious, she is also very vulnerable. I feel that it's very unfair to label her "annoying" and disregard her and the fact that she was very well introduced and shaped in just one episode. If you saw all that, if you saw how cleverly Nakamura spun the "hero" trope on its head with her and still think she is "annoying" then there is that, but most comments about her being annoying is just about "omg! wtf, so annoying!!!! do not want!" and that sort of reaction I was referring to, because it's a reaction without consideration.
figuetteJul 16, 2013 6:05 PM
Jul 16, 2013 10:25 PM

Jan 2011
radiantfire said:

That said, Hajime's an annoying character. Just imagine yourself hanging out with someone like her in real life.

I already do that in my dreams.
radiantfire said:
She's a loose cannon. She's no better than an undisciplined kid who keeps shouting and singing random words all the time.

I remember she said "Gatcha" couple times because she liked how it sounds but that's nothing I would be bothered by. Btw is this your first encounter with a genki character? They are known to be easily pleased by things, I don't think that makes them childish just happier than most people.
Hybridbloodszak said:

I'm also of the camp that there's more to her than meets the eye. I think she just does what amuses her similar to Prince Baka from Level E. We'll see though as the show goes on seeing as it's only been one episode.

There were lots of little hints in the episode but what raised my suspicion the most was her behavior when she gets her NOTE. Hajime's on the roof with her notepad talking about how she's "hungry" yet it shows her lunch barely eaten. After JJ appears and gives Hajime her NOTE, she gets all genki and says I THINK I'M GONNA GET FULL!!!!

Definitely not a coincidence

This guy and figuette get it
VioLinkJul 16, 2013 10:35 PM
[center]
Jul 18, 2013 7:14 AM

Dec 2012
okaaay... my brain still has to process it. but my very first impressions:

the art style reminds me a lot of tsuritama - you know, the colorful comic style. i don't really like it.
the character design is not really my cup of tea. joe looks cool, but the rest... meh.
hajime... well, i see that people either love or hate her. until now i rather dislike her. her voice can be really annoying. i hope she won't just be a stupid airhead.
the story is not that interesting to me so far.
i like the music though.

so yeah. this episode didn't really leave a good impression on me. i'll still stick with it and maybe it'll get better/more interesting for me, let's see. i won't judge this anime by its first episode.
Jul 18, 2013 8:08 AM

Jan 2010
when he said the note was their soul all I could think back was to PMMM when madoke threw sayaka's soul gem over the the bridge and all i could do was shout "OH NO"
im probably gonna have a lot of favorite characters in this anime theyre all so perf
this anime seems to be a mix of mirai nikki (the diaries and the part where theyre surrounding JJ), madoka magica (but only because the notes are their souls and the little animal thing) and summer wars (because of the little avatar things everyone has)
im diggin this OST
the OP is A+ and the transformation music is really good
Jul 18, 2013 12:25 PM

Nov 2012
Not going to lie, didn't like the art style, the setting and most importantly the characters. Unfortunately going to give this one up. Had a pretty good sound there a few times though.

Jul 18, 2013 12:46 PM

Apr 2011
Paul said:
PhantomFenrir said:
Paul said:

I agree, and without a doubt she is a hit or miss character. My point(even if I was being a dick) was that people tend to just repeat the popular opinions of a few people on those and other sites word for word. Like a lot of people saying that, and acting like it is ruining the show, have top anime/highly rated anime that have just as much of energetic denki characters. A few of them even had denki type characters in their favorites. So it's hard for me to believe that this character was some how that much more annoying then those other characters.

It honestly wasn't just this that ticked me off and made me make that post though, and isn't a great example of it. I think most people can see how 4chan/Reddit influence the english speaking anime fans(and other stuff like Video Games obviously) that don't like to think on their own(I'm sure it's similar with 2ch in Japan). Each season there will be an episode discussion where you see people just pretty much spamming the same comments(or probably the most noticeable, using the same .jpgs/gifs). It's annoying, and I would bet money that a lot of people would have different opinions on things if they had no access to the internet. Nothing you can do about it I guess, just me being frustrated with how mindless some people are.
FintanJul 18, 2013 12:50 PM
Jul 18, 2013 12:54 PM
Jul 2018
i know it is something new and unusal, but i don't like it and dropped on the 6x minute.
2/10
Jul 18, 2013 2:43 PM

Jul 2012
that was by far the funkiest anime I've ever seen
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jul 18, 2013 11:41 PM

Jan 2013
okthxbaii said:
1idd0kun said:
okthxbaii said:

But we can all agree she's at least autistic, right?

I laughed my ass off and think shes funny my roommate hates her, i guess its whatever turns your crank or floats your boat deal ha ha
Jul 20, 2013 12:51 AM

Jul 2008
Well that was different, it was so different I can't decide if I like it or not. But I will watch the whole series like I always do.
Jul 20, 2013 1:19 AM

May 2010
LOL. Can't believe Nakamura's directing this one..
As usual, visuals are pleasing to the eyes..
Jul 20, 2013 1:42 PM

Sep 2011
Kinda thought the premise of the show... is not that great and the suits look ridiculous, particularly Hajime's. Though I really like Hajime, so I think i'll keep watching.
Jul 20, 2013 3:50 PM

Mar 2009
-love the Op song and the animation
-Hajime was annoying but in a cute and enjoyable way...
-will continue to watch!
Jul 20, 2013 8:06 PM

Nov 2009
I love her carefree, yet thought-through personality. She's just one of those who does things first rather than just thinking about it, the only difference is that she's doing things as her own mindset.

I don't think of her as annoying. If you think of her as an annoying person, then that just means your not tolerant towards these kind of characters/personalities.
Jul 22, 2013 11:07 AM

Oct 2012
Pretty plain but will see maybe it will get better with the time.
Jul 25, 2013 5:28 PM

Sep 2012
Firstly, LOVE THE ART
LOVE THE CHARACTERS
LOVE HAJIME

UUGH, this anime is well done and look forward to the future with this,
i wonder if i need to watch the other Gatchaman now?

the OST is amazing, specially when you watch it in surround sound, daat bass.

need OP and Hajimes transformation song ASAP.
Jul 26, 2013 1:50 PM

May 2012
08:13 same school? no tenkousei then... LOOOL

14:34 a-ri-e-nai ben-ri su-gi

18:21 gotcha gotcha! =___=

Nice soundtrack.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jul 27, 2013 10:46 AM
May 2012
I initially passed on this anime since i;m pretty much loaded, but boy i couldn't stop getting curious about this and now I'm watching it and it's really awesome, glad i picked this up.
Jul 27, 2013 11:35 AM

Dec 2012
Looks promising, unique and good first episode will continue watching 4/5. But that girl is so annoying in so many ways but not in a bad way if that's makes sense. She is treated as annoying inside her anime anyway lol.
tsudecimoJul 27, 2013 11:42 AM
Jul 30, 2013 6:51 AM
Jul 2010
What the fuck did I just watch and why did I enjoy it so much?

This show is just so, so fun. The plot is interesting so far, and even if this episode was a bit of a massive infodump, I still managed to absorb all of it fairly well. The animation is solid and the art style is great. I didn't even mind the CGI, actually. As for the characters, I can totally understand why people hate Hajime, but believe me, I am not one of those people. I find her to be one of the most likable MCs ever. She's a real breath of fresh air without a mean bone in her body, and it's refreshing to me to see someone who takes joining a super-secret organization in stride like this. The supporting cast will take a bit more time to grow on me, but the foundation is there for interesting characters.

Overall, ONTO THE SECOND EPISODE BECAUSE I NEED IT IN MY LIFE
Jul 30, 2013 5:27 PM

Feb 2011
Good, good start for me on this season. It has something in it, something so terribly amazing that it makes you watch it with idiot smile on your face. Promising thing ^_^ The problem is Hajime... I wanted to punch her from the moment she hugged her diary note, such kind of girls... But there is one good thing - her gatchaman outfit, so bright with a lot of colors, love it, really ^_^
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2013

122 by CartoonVelocirap »»
Dec 14, 2023 7:36 PM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

VioLink - Sep 27, 2013

213 by epidemia78 »»
Jan 19, 2023 4:49 AM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

93 by epidemia78 »»
Jan 19, 2023 2:31 AM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

VioLink - Sep 13, 2013

103 by epidemia78 »»
Jan 18, 2023 1:21 PM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2013

128 by epidemia78 »»
Jan 16, 2023 3:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.