Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 2 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 12, 2013 5:24 PM
Jul 2011
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

That and all her friends were dead in that image

Not like I knew about her background. I assumed that everyone had a video similar to Naegai so really none of them would have anything to go back to. Just look at the main character, you don't see him freaking out when his family is probably going to get killed. Glad she's out of the picture.
Jul 12, 2013 5:25 PM
Feb 2012
Litrydow said:

So in this adaptation we're basically left without any characterization? Little to nothing has been revealed about her.

No, there is still characterization that is important to the plot that is still to come. Everything they're saying was all from free time events in the game, which is all optional.
Jul 12, 2013 5:28 PM

Sep 2012
HiddenDoorway said:
Litrydow said:

So in this adaptation we're basically left without any characterization? Little to nothing has been revealed about her.

No, there is still characterization that is important to the plot that is still to come. Everything they're saying was all from free time events in the game, which is all optional.

Optional, but apparently very important. I'd be seeing all the free time events if I were playing.

I hope this kind of information will be revealed later, like Hitler said, or else the one-dimensional characters are gonna hold this back.
Fenryr19Jul 12, 2013 5:33 PM
Jul 12, 2013 5:29 PM
Jan 2013
AnimeFtw1 said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

Not like I knew about her background. I assumed that everyone had a video similar to Naegai so really none of them would have anything to go back to. Just look at the main character, you don't see him freaking out when his family is probably going to get killed. Glad she's out of the picture.

Everyone takes the same misery a little differently, some harder than others.
You can't blame her for being afriad and wanting to get out of there when everything she's worked for is being destroyed. And the thing about the main character is that he has a very positive personality, as he describes himself in the beginning of the game. In that kind of situation, it'd be abnormal for anyone to stay calm.
Jul 12, 2013 5:30 PM

Jul 2012
After watching this second ep, I really want to play the game now haha.
It's going to be hard waiting each week!
Jul 12, 2013 5:39 PM

Mar 2013
I was surprised at Sayaka dying right off the bat, but you know what the worst part is? Naegi's last interaction with her was him getting nonchalantly friend-zoned.

When he suggested that she stay in his room for the night, I clapped. "So that's what they meant when they said he was an expert at getting lucky" I foolishly thought. Well she shot that down awfully quick didn't she? Now he's being accused of murdering a girl who not only had the gall to die in his nice clean bathroom, ruining the walls with her strange pink blood doodles and making him the prime suspect in the process, but who also went so far as to cut up his entire room in the process?

Super duper high school luckster my ass.
StickyWizardJul 12, 2013 5:46 PM
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Jul 12, 2013 5:39 PM
Jan 2013
apparently said:

You should! :D I have a feeling that this is going to be a decent adaptation, but still nowhere close to how good the game is.
Jul 12, 2013 5:40 PM

Jul 2012
suynk said:
AnimeFtw1 said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

Everyone takes the same misery a little differently, some harder than others.
You can't blame her for being afriad and wanting to get out of there when everything she's worked for is being destroyed. And the thing about the main character is that he has a very positive personality, as he describes himself in the beginning of the game. In that kind of situation, it'd be abnormal for anyone to stay calm.

It's funny, because Togami says something very similar later on in the game.

I don't remember it exactly, but it's something along the lines of, "Just because you can't see it in yourself to be motivated to kill by so and so, doesn't mean others can't. Thinking that we all have the same mindset will only lead to ignorance and your down-fall. It's safe to suspect everyone no matter what your own ideals are."

...Something like that.
Jul 12, 2013 5:47 PM
Jan 2013
ihateeveryone said:
suynk said:
AnimeFtw1 said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

It's funny, because Togami says something very similar later on in the game.

I don't remember it exactly, but it's something along the lines of, "Just because you can't see it in yourself to be motivated to kill by so and so, doesn't mean others can't. Thinking that we all have the same mindset will only lead to ignorance and your down-fall. It's safe to suspect everyone no matter what your own ideals are."

...Something like that.

Exactly. Everyone has their own boiling point, or however you'd like to call it. It's just that this particular "motivation" hit Maizono the hardest than the others. I'd hate to see people hating on her for being weak minded and such, especially when the other characters aren't exactly headstrong either, as it'll be revealed later on. And it's only natural, considering the situation they're in.
Jul 12, 2013 5:47 PM

Mar 2012
Well I figured Junko would be the first to get nixed.

Looks like I was half-right.
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
Jul 12, 2013 6:01 PM
Feb 2012
I guess that since she is dead now I can finally say that Maizono is actually kind of a walking reference to Ace Attorney, as this series is kind of 'the psp's answer to Ace Attorney'.
spoilers for the first couple cases of the first Ace Attorney game:
Jul 12, 2013 6:04 PM

Jun 2013
the ending theme is hype as hell! monokuma is such a troll
Jul 12, 2013 6:06 PM
Jan 2013
HiddenDoorway said:
I guess that since she is dead now I can finally say that Maizono is actually kind of a walking reference to Ace Attorney, as this series is kind of 'the psp's answer to Ace Attorney'.

I don't know if she's a reference to AA since I've never played it, but it's pretty common in this genre that the first person to act as a heroine and gets all the attention is the first one to die, isn't it?
Jul 12, 2013 6:11 PM

Jan 2010
Scott Shelbey is the Oragami Killer

Zandatsu (斬奪 - "cut and take")
Jul 12, 2013 6:11 PM
Aug 2011
You guys suck. Pink blood is awesome.

Looks like they glossed over several details.
But I have to say that Maizono's incident is my least favorite out of all of them, so I don't really care.

Sexy Monokuma dancing is sexy and you just don't argue with Monokuma, you just don't.
Jul 12, 2013 6:18 PM

Aug 2011
11037 is a lie! true evidence is the crystal ball
Jul 12, 2013 6:23 PM

Sep 2011
Litrydow said:
HiddenDoorway said:
Litrydow said:

Optional, but apparently very important. I'd be seeing all the free time events if I were playing.
Oh they arent, trust me they arent. A couple give depth to the characters but the thing is, they were all written so they would not have anything to do with the plot at that current time. like they consist of things like

-mondo saying he'd take naegi out for a bike run when they get out of there
- chihiro wanting to be stronger
- ishamaru not knowing how being social works

And so on. They arent important. just nice little extras

Also you wouldnt see them all unless you play the game like 12 times, you get 1 to 2 free time event about once or twice a chapter and theres one for each character(surviving far enough) for every chapter.
JizzyHitlerJul 12, 2013 6:26 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 12, 2013 6:24 PM

Oct 2011
I really liked the episode by just how faithful it was, yeah it had major pacing issues but when I saw the "investigation start" and evidence prompts I was just so happy to see those.

Also I love the OP and the dancing monobear.
Jul 12, 2013 6:26 PM

Mar 2013
Kami_no_Kage said:
I still can't get the number thing...Gonna rewatch and see if I get it.

I think it might be :
(It's just what i think it is, i didn't play the game)
Sorry for my english !!
Jul 12, 2013 6:30 PM
Jan 2013
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Litrydow said:
HiddenDoorway said:
Litrydow said:

Oh they arent, trust me they arent. A couple give depth to the characters but the thing is, they were all written so they would not have anything to do with the plot at that current time. like they consist of things like

-mondo saying he'd take naegi out for a bike run when they get out of there
- chihiro wanting to be stronger
- ishamaru not knowing how being social works

And so on. They arent important. just nice little extras

I agree that the free time events aren't that important, but I still wish they could've done a better introduction of the characters in the beginning. To a first time viewer, most characters would look pretty flat right now. Especially for the characters who die early on, they would continue to look flat because the introductory conversation in the beginning and the freetime events were all they had for their character development..
Jul 12, 2013 6:34 PM
Jan 2013
You don't really need to get your theories confirmed here, you'll only get spoiled..
All the clues will be explained in the next episode anyway. You only need to wait one more week. Discussion is fine, but this anime is most enjoyable when you know nothing about what's going to happen next :/
Jul 12, 2013 6:37 PM

May 2011
kenshin_sama said:
Oh well, my favorite would definitely be Sayaka. Expecting her to die early. :P

I know it was pretty obvious from the start, but I feel like I just gained a few levels by getting this right. My predictions are almost never right. o.O

Well, I'm glad this didn't turn out to be as simple as I imagined it to be. Quite an interesting development with the survival scenario in this series.
Jul 12, 2013 6:42 PM

Sep 2012
suynk said:
To a first time viewer, most characters would look pretty flat right now. Especially for the characters who die early on, they would continue to look flat because the introductory conversation in the beginning and the freetime events were all they had for their character development..

Exactly. That's how it's looking to me.
But if the information of free time events are as pointless as he said, then it wouldn't help much. But what was said of Maizono in this thread is really relevant for characterization, wasn't that in a free time event too?
Jul 12, 2013 6:46 PM

Apr 2012
i know that she didn't commit suicide but it really looks like it. two things pointed out to me that she didn't though:
1. she died in naegi's room and that would frame him but, i believe that she actually thinks of him as a good friend and would never do that and also my second reason which leads me to my next point...
2. her dying message which... being able to read english that isn't all that obvious to the japanese... 11037 doesn't point to naegi.
if she really wanted to commit suicide and frame someone she wouldn't frame two people.

about 11037... i have no idea how the crystal ball and the burnt clothing relate because i don't think it has much to do with either of their super high school level abilities...

just an extra note: i actually really like the neon pink blood...
Jul 12, 2013 6:47 PM

Jun 2013
Yeah the pink blood really threw me off at first, reminded me of Miley Cyrus's "We Can't Stop" music video lol. I'm sorta glad Maizono died first though, she was a bit too annoying with her damsel in distress personality.

Everyone suspecting Naegi was a bit weird... you think if he killed her he would be smart enough not to do it in his own room and lead everyone to the body...
ThurisazDayJul 12, 2013 6:51 PM
Jul 12, 2013 6:49 PM

Jan 2011
Well shit this just turned to Phoenix Wright!

was hoping she wouldn't die so soon but she had death flags all over here ;_; but two in one episode,guess we'll be seeing some people get *punished in the future*

but i'm just gonna steer clear of these threads to save myself.
Jul 12, 2013 6:51 PM

Sep 2011
Litrydow said:
suynk said:
To a first time viewer, most characters would look pretty flat right now. Especially for the characters who die early on, they would continue to look flat because the introductory conversation in the beginning and the freetime events were all they had for their character development..

But if the information of free time events are as pointless as he said, then it wouldn't help much. But what was said of Maizono in this thread is really relevant for characterization, wasn't that in a free time event too?
i told you already, they get more character post death than they do living. Some faster than others

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 12, 2013 6:52 PM

Apr 2012
I thought i wasn't gonna like this anime but this episode proved me wrong

Can't wait for next week.
Jul 12, 2013 6:52 PM
Oct 2012
Like they can't be serious if you charge the wrong person with guilt don't they all die?
Can you believe that Naegi is that stupid to kill someone in his own room...
Whatever if they do start blaming him next episode I'm going to facepalm.
Jul 12, 2013 6:53 PM
Jan 2013
Litrydow said:
suynk said:

The free time events hold all the characters' background information, so I wouldn't say it's pointless, especially for some characters' character development. It's just that the story can be understood without each character's background stories, and most characters get their character development during the acutal storyline, which is why I said they're not as important.
And no, Maizono's background story wasn't part of the free time event. In the game, she spends a much longer time with Naegi exploring the school and talking.
suynkJul 12, 2013 7:04 PM
Jul 12, 2013 6:57 PM
Jan 2013
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Litrydow said:
suynk said:

i told you already, they get more character post death than they do living. Some faster than others

But yeah, a lot of characters get developed after their death, so I suggest you watch it until the end before you go searching for spoilers. Or you could just play the original game.
Jul 12, 2013 7:01 PM

Apr 2011
DAMN!! My favorite girl just died, but that model bitch died too, so I guess it's all good.
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Jul 12, 2013 7:07 PM
Feb 2012
suynk said:
The free time events hold all the characters' background information, so I wouldn't say it's pointless, especially for some characters' character development. It's just that the story can be understood without each character's background stories, and some characters get their character development during the acutal storyline, which is why I said they're not as important.
And no, Maizono's background story wasn't part of the free time event. In the game, she spends a much longer time with Naegi exploring the school and talking.

The majority of them don't add all that much to the characters, and even the 'important' ones really don't add as much as the stuff in the main story does. And I'm 99% sure Maizono's story about losing her family was in a freetime event. The part where she talks about needing to find a way out to make sure the rest of her group is okay isn't part of her freetime event, however.

The majority of the characters either have their backstories or their character development shown in the main story, and quite a few of them have both. And there quite a few that you won't really get either of those from their freetime events and only from the main story.
Jul 12, 2013 7:08 PM
Oct 2010
I am liking it, not knowing which character will be next is good, I hope they can keep us in suspense throughout the show. The biggest suspect is crystal ball guy but the way this is going I doubt it's him.
Jul 12, 2013 7:10 PM

Sep 2012
suynk said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Litrydow said:
suynk said:

But yeah, a lot of characters get developed after their death, so I suggest you watch it until the end before you go searching for spoilers. Or you could just play the original game.

Alright, then, I'll stick to it 'til the end. If it deviates too much from the game, I'm sure this forum will let me know.
Jul 12, 2013 7:11 PM

Nov 2012
Way better than episode 1 imo.Naegi is suspected of killing Maizono,though I think she committed suicide.And that fucker!!!The bear killed Junko!!!She was the best eye candy of the series.
Jul 12, 2013 7:16 PM

Nov 2008
VanishingKira said:
Way better than episode 1 imo.Naegi is suspected of killing Maizono,though I think she committed suicide.And that fucker!!!The bear killed Junko!!!She was the best eye candy of the series.
> eyecandy
-cough- Aoi

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jul 12, 2013 7:16 PM
Jan 2013
HiddenDoorway said:
suynk said:
The free time events hold all the characters' background information, so I wouldn't say it's pointless, especially for some characters' character development. It's just that the story can be understood without each character's background stories, and some characters get their character development during the acutal storyline, which is why I said they're not as important.

The majority of them don't add all that much to the characters, and even the 'important' ones really don't add as much as the stuff in the main story does. And I'm 99% sure Maizono's story about losing her family was in a freetime event. The part where she talks about needing to find a way out to make sure the rest of her group is okay isn't part of her freetime event, however.

The majority of the characters either have their backstories or their character development shown in the main story, and quite a few of them have both. And there quite a few that you won't really get either of those from their freetime events and only from the main story.

Yeah, sorry for being so confusing. In short,

-The free time events in the games are just a "getting to know more about the characters" thing, and most character development happens during the storyline, even after the characters' death.

But it is true that they cut out a lot of Maizono's backstory, which was actually needed for characterization.
I'm pretty sure that wasn't a free time event. It was a part of the storyline, and it's where Naegi gets that gold sword or whatever into his room.

suynkJul 12, 2013 7:19 PM
Jul 12, 2013 7:19 PM

May 2013
HiddenDoorway said:

Whoa. You may be right on this one.

Jul 12, 2013 7:22 PM
Oct 2010
Also, it took a rewatch because I missed it the first time but did anyone else question why they were acting surprised when they found out she died in nagei's room? It's only after when I looked again I realized that was because someone changed the face plates... it didn't click with me the first time lol.
Jul 12, 2013 7:25 PM

Mar 2012
Nagei is so dumb. He should be happy everyone suspects him.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jul 12, 2013 7:25 PM

Jan 2013
apparently said:
This.

On topic: Won't lie, this episode was pretty intense imo.
New OP? Not bad.

Overall really enjoyed this episode.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jul 12, 2013 7:26 PM

Jul 2012
Araby said:

Why? If they point to him as being the killer, everybody including Naegi will be executed and the true culprit will survive.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Num1dad_Asura]
[/url]
Click Here for Sig source
Jul 12, 2013 7:26 PM
Oct 2010
Araby said:

I really don't think he wants them all to get executed. If that happens I assume he will be left with the killer and that would be super awkward.
Jul 12, 2013 7:28 PM

Mar 2012
Num1dad_Asura said:
Araby said:
Why? If they point to him as being the killer, everybody including Naegi will be executed and the true culprit will survive.
Oh, hahah. Looks like I'm the dumb one. I thought the bear said the wrongfully accused person gets to live.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jul 12, 2013 7:30 PM

Sep 2011
Kind of looked like suicide to me.

The scene with Maizono looking down at the desk (after Naegi left to go to her room) made it look like she knew something was coming. Yes, she heard a noise in her previous room, but that's no reason for her to leave Naegi's room unlocked. So she either anticipated her death, or decided to suicide. Though it seems like suicide wouldn't be an option in this type of anime.

Anyways, looking forward to the next episode! :D
Jul 12, 2013 7:31 PM
Jan 2013
Araby said:
Num1dad_Asura said:
Araby said:
Oh, hahah. Looks like I'm the dumb one. I thought the bear said the wrongfully accused person gets to live.

Nope, only the culprit gets to live, if they get it wrong :d
Jul 12, 2013 7:32 PM

May 2013
OriginANIME said:
Kind of looked like suicide to me.

The scene with Maizono looking down at the desk (after Naegi left to go to her room) made it look like she knew something was coming. Yes, she heard a noise in her previous room, but that's no reason for her to leave Naegi's room unlocked. So she either anticipated her death, or decided to suicide. Though it seems like suicide wouldn't be an option in this type of anime.

Looking forward to the next episode! :D

Num1dad_Asura said:
Araby said:

Wait so all they have to do is agree on who's the killer and its decided? That's it? I thought the bear dude KNOWS and confirms it if they are right or wrong, and if they are wrong, they all die.

They confirm it at the Class Trial. Yeah, majority vote. There'll be precedings before the votes are cast, though, like debates and stuff. This is to determine who the culprit so that, y'know, they won't make a mistake and die or something.
Jul 12, 2013 7:33 PM

Jul 2012
Allright, it seems a lot of people didn't get this.

The point of the game is to kill without being found out by the others. If the majority votes for the true culprit, only the true culprit will be executed. If the majority votes for the wrong culprit, everybody but the true culprit will be executed.

Note: Monokuma knows who the true culprit is, so he can ascertain if they are right or wrong.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Num1dad_Asura]
[/url]
Click Here for Sig source
Jul 12, 2013 7:34 PM

Feb 2013
Wow I didn't think that they would kill Maizono off this quickly....but it's weird the last time we saw her alive in that little moment her eye's looked like they were up to something so either A she killed herself or B she threatened someone so they killed her for selfdefense. That's all I could come up with.
Pages (16) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ihateeveryone - Jul 4, 2013

559 by aramkqly »»
Mar 16, 4:04 AM

» how should i watch Danganronpa ?

TheAdo - Dec 29, 2016

19 by InstantRamenKing »»
Feb 9, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

434 by Jax »»
Feb 7, 5:07 AM

» whats up with Kyoko Kirigiri hands?

EagleEd - Jan 13, 2018

5 by kaamsas »»
Jan 13, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

148 by berlinza6as »»
Jan 7, 2:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.