Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 5, 2013 3:19 AM

Apr 2010
Faithful adaptation, also same visuals. I've played chapter 1 last night and I love to see it very similar. I was worried they'd try to rush it more, but it's good enough.

I don't understand the subbers choice to translate Monokuma in Monobear when in the game it has the original name. It's not like Kuma/Teddie from Persona 4 that has a meaning for the english release.

First episode hype still effective: 5/5.
Jul 5, 2013 3:20 AM
Jan 2013
VoidNoodle said:
No spoiling, but murdering does not always mean someone gets to escape.
I don't know if it's a spoiler but...(it'll be explained at Ep 2, I think. Not really that spoilerish, but warning anyway)
This is actually a big spoiler I think if you consider that this is a 1st trial... >_>

VoidNoodle said:
Orevataf said:
I enjoyed the first episode, finding the concept of being stuck in a place with nothing to do and someone must kill someone to escape a place to start an interesting story, only I'm not liking the characters just yet, and unfortunately I doubt I will, none of them seem particularly memorable (Aside from their appearances I mean.)

I'm pretty sure you'll remember some of them, like Yamada, who I think is a descendant of Keima, without the...appeal? haha :)

Anyway, almost all of the characters are pretty memorable, but you'll find that out of course when time passes.
I hate him since he shows kimo-otaku part of me, but I like Keima becuase he shows kimo-otaku part of me. (?)
Jul 5, 2013 3:25 AM

May 2013
Kitchiri said:
VoidNoodle said:
No spoiling, but murdering does not always mean someone gets to escape.
I don't know if it's a spoiler but...(it'll be explained at Ep 2, I think. Not really that spoilerish, but warning anyway)
This is actually a big spoiler I think if you consider that this is a 1st trial... >_>

VoidNoodle said:
Orevataf said:
I enjoyed the first episode, finding the concept of being stuck in a place with nothing to do and someone must kill someone to escape a place to start an interesting story, only I'm not liking the characters just yet, and unfortunately I doubt I will, none of them seem particularly memorable (Aside from their appearances I mean.)

I'm pretty sure you'll remember some of them, like Yamada, who I think is a descendant of Keima, without the...appeal? haha :)

Anyway, almost all of the characters are pretty memorable, but you'll find that out of course when time passes.
I hate him since he shows kimo-otaku part of me, but I like Keima becuase he shows kimo-otaku part of me. (?)

Basically, the good and the ugly sides? :))
Jul 5, 2013 3:27 AM

Jul 2009
This was a great first episode, I haven't even played the game but I still loved it!
The OP was amazing, I hope they'll keep it that way without anyone singing.
Celestia = best girl (for now)
Jul 5, 2013 3:28 AM

Apr 2010
I watched the subbed version and I have to say my opinion has actually gone up a lot. My main problem was just the way they rushed the character introductions, and with that out of the way I think they'll have more breathing room from now on.

We'll see.
Jul 5, 2013 3:30 AM

Apr 2013
Not that spoilery compared to the psp trailer.
Jul 5, 2013 3:42 AM
Jun 2008
The Anime plot remind me of BTOOOOOM!!! and that Doraemon remind me two face from batman .
and There are two character which are hard to differentiate its gender ...

Overall , its a nice Anime about surviving, but I don't think it will take over Snk despite even thou Snk have lousy Animation(low budget) xD.
Jul 5, 2013 3:46 AM
Jan 2010

On another note, this first episode has totally got me ready to bow at the shrine of Kyouko Kirigiri.
Jul 5, 2013 3:55 AM

May 2013
masserati94 said:

On another note, this first episode has totally got me ready to bow at the shrine of Kyouko Kirigiri.

kyouko ftw :3
Jul 5, 2013 3:56 AM

Sep 2012
This is awesome fuuuuu
Now where is Blood Lad
Jul 5, 2013 4:00 AM
Feb 2013
masserati94 said:

my thoughts exactly at the time
Jul 5, 2013 4:00 AM

Feb 2012
Come on, People Stop putting Spoilers. It just ruins the mood ya know. It's better to be clueless rather than actually knowing some things even if its only a single matter.
Jul 5, 2013 4:05 AM
Feb 2013
I'm hoping they will make changes in the murderers and victims different from the game but ehh looks unlikely.
Jul 5, 2013 4:05 AM

Aug 2012
No deaths in the first ep. I r disappoint.

Hopefully they die in amusing ways.

I also hope there's no happy ending where 2 or more people get out alive. It'll be funny if the MC or the idol chick are forced into killing each other
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Jul 5, 2013 4:12 AM

Aug 2007
Wow, I'm pleasantly surprised with the first episode.
I admit introductions were a tad rushed, but that was to be expected with such a large cast of characters.

But... OH GOD.
I'm not ready for this first trial which I'm sure is soon ;;

Jul 5, 2013 4:16 AM

Jan 2011
Fantastic first episode, I absolutely love Danganronpa already. The character designs and visuals all look amazing. The premise of this show is interesting as well. Monobear is a such a wacky, comical and twisted character. He kind of reminds of Kyuubey. Sayaka was really cute throughout the episode. However, towards the end she went crazy after seeing her family presumably 'die'. I love the OP and ED. The OP has no vocals and I prefer it that way. ED is surprisingly really good! It reminds me of a vocaloid-type of song. Also, Monobear's 'hohoho hahaha heeheehee hoohoohoo' laughs are hilarious. xD
Can't wait for more Danganronpa. Fridays just got awesome again. 5/5
Jul 5, 2013 4:16 AM

Apr 2012
soraru sings the ED...

Jul 5, 2013 4:22 AM

Mar 2013
Wow. Looks like monobear is just another piece of shit villain. Even though it isn't real I just wish there was a show that just showed villains get viciously ripped apart. That would be the best anime ever.

I love you.
Jul 5, 2013 4:24 AM

Jan 2009
Glad to see ep1 fell comfortably reached "so bad it's good" level. Now I have something to look forward to. Can't wait to see how Kishi will screw up the murders and class trials.

Ah, Kishi. You never fail to meet my expectations.
TachiiJul 5, 2013 11:13 AM
Jul 5, 2013 4:38 AM

Jul 2012
Kayro said:

Also, that dude's hair gives the Yu-Gi-Oh characters a run for their money.

Hagakure's hair is fuckin' pro.

Jul 5, 2013 4:41 AM

Dec 2012
Celestia so cuuuute~~~

I'm going to keep watching this, seems like the murder fest is going to begin.
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jul 5, 2013 4:43 AM
Jan 2013
LilletBlan said:
Game spoiler:
-HUGE SPOILERS-
Umm... I hope you edit this post and remove direct mentioning of names because it is one of the most serious spoiler you can see for dangan ronpa.

I mean seriously. It will ruin experience for any first time viewers. I was before playing the game...
Jul 5, 2013 4:46 AM

Aug 2012
It was a good first episode, all characters were introduced. The art is really good.
I love the despair already, and killing to survive.. just my type of anime (:

4/5
Jul 5, 2013 4:47 AM

Jan 2009
Kitchiri said:
Umm... I hope you edit this post and remove direct mentioning of names because it is one of the most serious spoiler you can see for dangan ronpa.

I mean seriously. It will ruin experience for any first time viewers. I was before playing the game...

Come on... It's tagged as a game spoiler. I think it's pretty obvious you're not supposed to open and read it if you have yet to finish the game.
Jul 5, 2013 4:49 AM

Apr 2013
That was pretty good, but not impressed yet
I love that evil Doraemon though. Crazy voice
Jul 5, 2013 4:54 AM

May 2013
LilletBlan said:
Kitchiri said:

Come on... It's tagged as a game spoiler. I think it's pretty obvious you're not supposed to open and read it if you have yet to finish the game.

Misclicks happen. Better it to be removed, than potentially screwing people's enjoyment, right? I saw the spoiler and, yes, that's one huge freaking spoiler right there.
Jul 5, 2013 4:56 AM

Sep 2012
This was incredible although it will take a little getting use to the names though, I'm used to the Lets play version. Super high school level good luck vs Super duper high school luckster... however that is the way the patch translates it so that was cool also SORARU!!!!!!!! OMG <3 LOVE!!! I wonder what happened to the cute little pv that the teaser showed? I want to see that if it was for the full version of that song. I have been waiting for this to come out for ages I am such a huge fan of this series, I'm so happy!!!
Jul 5, 2013 5:03 AM

Jan 2009
VoidNoodle said:
Misclicks happen. Better it to be removed, than potentially screwing people's enjoyment, right? I saw the spoiler and, yes, that's one huge freaking spoiler right there.

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the spoiler tag?
Jul 5, 2013 5:03 AM

Apr 2009
Monobear is fu*ked up in the head as expected and I couldn't help but lmao at it laughing at the end of the episode while Sayaka was crying. I think it will be dark from here on out tho. First episode almost felt like comedy. Oh and Yamada reminded me of Doctor Eggman from the Sonic games.lol.
Jul 5, 2013 5:06 AM

May 2013
LilletBlan said:
VoidNoodle said:

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the spoiler tag?

Purpose or not, this is a first episode discussion we're talking about. Your spoiler refers to something WAY further than the first episode. I highly suggest that you should just remove it.
Jul 5, 2013 5:07 AM

Jun 2009
I'm watching this for Kirigiri.
Jul 5, 2013 5:09 AM

May 2013
-Quasar said:

Well said. :)
Jul 5, 2013 5:14 AM
Jan 2010
-Quasar said:

Join the club.

Actually, now that I think abut it, does a club like this even exist?
Jul 5, 2013 5:20 AM

Jan 2009
VoidNoodle said:
Purpose or not, this is a first episode discussion we're talking about. Your spoiler refers to something WAY further than the first episode. I highly suggest that you should just remove it.

And that's why I marked it as a game spoiler. Meaning you shouldn't open it if you haven't finished the game. Just like you don't open a <random series> ep3 spoiler if you haven't watched ep3.

Well, whatever. This is silly and I'm not getting into an argument over it. There, it's gone.
Jul 5, 2013 5:21 AM

Jul 2010
What's with the huge spoiler tag walls in this thread, gosh. Episode was decent, although I can't take it seriously with those character designs. Just looking at them is enough to figure out what their traits are and how they act. I sure hope I'm wrong, but will see as this goes on.
Even though I kind of liked the first episode, there wasn't anything special or really interesting. And it seems I need to stay away from discussion threads, since I'd rather not get spoiled. :/
Jul 5, 2013 5:24 AM

May 2013
LilletBlan said:
VoidNoodle said:

And that's why I marked it as a game spoiler. Meaning you shouldn't open it if you haven't finished the game. Just like you don't open a <random series> ep3 spoiler if you haven't watched ep3.

Well, whatever. This is silly and I'm not getting into an argument over it. There, it's gone.

Should've labelled it properly. Like, GAME ENDGAME SPOILER!! or something like that. "Game spoiler" is pretty vague, and a person who has played till, say, the middle part of the game might probably think that it's a spoiler for the past events that he has played. Something like that.

It's good that you removed it, though. It's WAY TOO MUCH spoiler. haha.
Jul 5, 2013 5:27 AM

Oct 2009
-Quasar said:

Me too.
Jul 5, 2013 5:27 AM

Jan 2009
You're not supposed to take it seriously. The whole series is as over the top as it can be. That's what makes it awesome. And that's why this adaptation will suck.
Jul 5, 2013 5:38 AM

Apr 2009
Not bad. Felt super rushed though.
Jul 5, 2013 5:47 AM

Jan 2010
Will be the best anime of the year, and this has come from talking about the news of its release!

A great episode, I even think that if addressed in a promising way, the anime can even be better than the game, which would be a rare thing to happen, but has the potential for it, and those first few minutes I get the direction also has the ability to make this adjustment differentiated. Too bad it will be a few episodes, but I bet on a great anime.

5/5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Jul 5, 2013 6:05 AM

Feb 2011
Shit's gonna get real in the next episodes.
Jul 5, 2013 6:10 AM
Mar 2013
Interesting to say the least. Been craving for anime like this for a while now. It gives a mix of Mirai Nikki + Angel Beats feeling on me and those eyes, reminds me a lot of the eyes of the characters on Steins Gate.

Also, that's one hell of a cast.

Ishida, Akira
Hisaka, Yoko
Ogata, Megumi
SAITO, CHIWA
TOYOGUCHI, MEGUMI
SAWASHIRO, MIYUKI
SAKURAI, TAKAHIRO
Jul 5, 2013 6:16 AM

Feb 2010
I loved it. It makes me want to see the next episode, right now.

Can't wait to see some people start dying. :'D
Jul 5, 2013 6:36 AM

Jun 2013
I've never played the game before so this is all coming from the point of view of a person who just saw this for the first time. I really liked it! All the characters are interesting in their own way and I just love all the voice actors. This has the potential of being a veryyyy good show since it revolves around a very interesting premise. I can't wait to see more of this!
Jul 5, 2013 6:49 AM

May 2013
Skullcrusher said:
-Quasar said:

Me too.

me too :)

plus the story and animation is perfect
Jul 5, 2013 6:52 AM

Jan 2013
Just watched Danganronpa..either it will be very good or very screwed up. So I'll either like it or be dropping it fast.
RedArmyShogunJul 5, 2013 6:58 AM
Jul 5, 2013 6:59 AM

Jan 2012
Interesting first episode, I hated all the nameplate faggotree when they showed the characters though, just get on with it and let me know who they are naturally.
Jul 5, 2013 7:08 AM

Jan 2012
Well now I'm really curious about what will happen next. The show looks very interesting. Though I'm not sure why horror is among it's genres.

Jul 5, 2013 7:11 AM

Apr 2010
Things went by a little too fast imo, but it was pretty good overall. A few facts were changed, but heh, I expected that much.
Jul 5, 2013 7:12 AM

Jun 2012
I didn't expect much from this series but man... this was kinda epic.
Totally looking forward for the next episode.
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» how should i watch Danganronpa ?

TheAdo - Dec 29, 2016

19 by InstantRamenKing »»
Feb 9, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

434 by Jax »»
Feb 7, 5:07 AM

» whats up with Kyoko Kirigiri hands?

EagleEd - Jan 13, 2018

5 by kaamsas »»
Jan 13, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

148 by berlinza6as »»
Jan 7, 2:07 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2013

263 by Gator »»
Sep 13, 2023 8:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.