Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 28, 2013 2:27 PM
Jun 2011
I remember my fascination with this series when it first aired season one in 2011..
It's amazing how they make Karuta so exciting to watch, as if every move is magical.. like they aren't just in a plain room with no ac.. but somewhere else.. lost in their own worlds competing with passion. Chihaya is so cute.. I love those special moments where it appears to be windy and her hair flows while her eyes light up with awe.. Chihayafuru is truly unique to me.. I have never heard of Karuta until I got lost into it's world in this anime, I feel like it is somehow incomplete though.. didn't read the manga but will there be a season three*?

Soo.. Taichi x Chihaya

Or...
Arata x Chihaya? ♥
Jun 28, 2013 2:32 PM
Sep 2008
Chihayafuru will forever be one of my favourite animes of all time - can't hate any of the characters!
Taichi x Chihaya

The way they ended it, it seems like there's potential for season 3 but it seems like each season takes about 40-50 chapters from the manga, so it might be some time before season 3 will be considered :(
Jun 28, 2013 2:37 PM

Feb 2012
Great season. Enjoyed it as much as the first.

Looks like we'll have to wait awhile for season 3 though for the manga to get ahead a bit.
Jun 28, 2013 2:42 PM
Dec 2012
Excited that season 3 is going to start with my 2 favorite arcs so far.
Jun 28, 2013 2:43 PM

Apr 2012
Loved this series so much. Absolutely can't wait for a season 3.
Jun 28, 2013 2:46 PM

Aug 2011
Love the series! Great ending for season 2 and hoping for season 3 to come out soon.

"The world cannot be changed with pretty words alone." ~ Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass)
Jun 28, 2013 2:47 PM

Jul 2012
loki_16 said:
Did Arata just win?

Lol you wrote the same comment on Crunchyroll.
Jun 28, 2013 2:48 PM

Jan 2008
I liked this episode the most out of all the others thus far, because it was really sweet when Chihaya

Seemed like there was some chemistry between Arata and Chihaya when he said that whenever he plays Karuta whether official or practice match, it brings him back to the old apartment, playing against Chihaya for the first time, where it was his most enjoyable and fun moment playing Karuta.

I also really enjoyed the latter poems written and narrated by Chihaya about Arata. Probably one of my favourite scenes from the show.

Kana Oe seems to be a Taichi x Chihaya shipper. Not surprising because she and him know each other from school and club, unlike Arata that lives in a different prefecture.

Pacing of the show could have been a bit better, but I think they chose to leave it off at a good point in the story. Now I'm curious about the training camp. Need season 3!!!!

...until then, I guess I have to settle for the manga and upcoming ova.

Edit: Being Taichi is suffering.
Estoy_GordoJun 28, 2013 2:54 PM
Jun 28, 2013 3:06 PM

Feb 2012
"I will always like/love karuta/arata"

That's still ambiguous to me since you can't really love karuta in the traditional romantic sense.

It can still go either way in the love triangle, at least I think so. But then again, they've been building up this tension between Chihaya x Arata for quite a while now where we couldn't really see much concrete insight into what the relationship was between the two. This episode made it a lot more clear that these two might have romantic feelings towards each other. Based on how anime/manga usually end with this kind of build up, I'm gonna guess Arata is going to get the girl in the end.
Jun 28, 2013 3:28 PM

Jan 2012
Great episode to end the season. Can't believe it's already over. I sure hope we will get a 3rd season.

Jun 28, 2013 3:40 PM

Sep 2011
so it's Arata x Chihaya huh :'3
i realllllyyy love arata but i realized am more of #teamTaichi so /HUGS TAICHI TIGHtly

anyway I DEMAND A THIRD SEASON ;AAAAA;
Jun 28, 2013 3:40 PM

Jul 2011
Haha, Chihaya's operation.

But wasn't it quite miraculous for season 2? (If I recall correctly, no one expected it with its sales or something)

I'm pretty sure it will end up Chihaya x Taichi, even though I don't like Taichi very much (he has his moments though).

I want to see Arata beat Master Suo. :D
MirorinJun 28, 2013 3:51 PM
Jun 28, 2013 3:43 PM

Dec 2012
They had to end the season with a cliffhanger, now I want season 3 even more than ever!
Jun 28, 2013 3:44 PM

Oct 2012
Great series, great episode.
I'd love season 3 for winter 2014, but i guess it won't happen so soon. ;(
Jun 28, 2013 3:59 PM

May 2011
Good think Taichi has Kanade on his side. xD Not that I feel like they would get romantically closer. But ah, it will be nice, seeing time together with them, and maybe with Chihaya growing more excited in facing off against Taichi as well. Really hoping for a third season coming out.
Jun 28, 2013 4:04 PM

Jan 2011
MM-Rosiie said:
Haha, Chihaya's operation.

But wasn't it quite miraculous for season 2? (If I recall correctly, no one expected it with its sales or something)

I think Chihayafuru and a couple of other shows have shown that it no longer is a simple matter of BD/DVD sales in the finance of additional seasons for anime. You now need to factor in the impact of a broadcast show on manga and LN sales (and the manga for Chihayafuru has clearly broken out of its original josei demographic based on sales). That's good news for those who want to see shows that go beyond the traditional staples of power-ups, mecha, fan-service, and moe. (Not that I don't enjoy a series with those elements every now and then.) I think if this season even comes close to the manabi line, a season 3 will be a done deal--but I'm willing to be patient until they have enough material to keep the quality up (actually I'm going to start reading the manga to maintain my weekly Chihaya and Shinobu fix...)
rodacJun 28, 2013 4:10 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jun 28, 2013 4:06 PM

May 2009
I don't care what anyone says, I'm still rooting for Taichi x Chihaya...

Can't wait for S3. The way S2 ended just makes S3 feel like it will focus a lot more on the love triangle and on the development of it.
i miss you
Jun 28, 2013 4:13 PM

May 2013
Love this series. I hope there is another season.
Jun 28, 2013 4:15 PM

Jan 2008
Wow... Arata scored so many points with Chihaya this episode.
Jun 28, 2013 4:20 PM

Jul 2010
NOOOO!!!!!! Y no Season 3 preview!? I don't know what to expect, I mean c'mon :(

Great run overall, 9/10.

P.S. ChihayaxArata canonz? lol
Seriously, while Chihaya really does like Arata, I don't think she has ever thought of romance. Ever. ChihayaxKaruta still, IMO.
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Jun 28, 2013 4:41 PM

Jun 2008
As an eternal Taichi supporter, I feel completely defeated. But we're all slapping your back, bro.

With that said, this has been a GREAT sequel, I'd say almost improving over the first season, and now I guess I'll start bawwwing over an S3 for months.

Tsukuba rape-face/10.
CanopusJun 28, 2013 4:45 PM
Jun 28, 2013 5:06 PM

Sep 2012
BD Box 1 was over the manabe line but it had an event ticket so unless they do a second event, Box 2 may not do as well. I will buy the other one too of course but some people just want the ticket...
Jun 28, 2013 5:25 PM

Sep 2011
Amazing series.

I officially foresee romance drama in the next season! Hehe<3
Jun 28, 2013 5:41 PM

Dec 2011
So what chapter of the manga should I start reading to continue the story beyond the anime?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 28, 2013 5:49 PM

Jan 2012
2nd season ends around chapter 90 . Season 3 will be the best for me if it gets air date because Mashijma Taichi is my best character and in next manga chapters it is Taichi's show.
Jun 28, 2013 5:58 PM

Aug 2012
This was complete torture for Taichi fans, but it was amazing nonetheless.

But, I was really hoping after the flashback of Kana saying she'd take care of the first years while they were walking to the camp, that Taichi would at least take SOME sort of step. But I guess it's enough that they are there together moving forward, this will certainly provide some bonding and development, but dammit this was the season finale...Time to read the manga, since if we do get a season three it probably won't be until 2015. No way in hell I can wait that long.

Such a fantastic season. The character development was done just as well as the first season in my eyes, and the long tournament arc was just endless intensity. I would love another one of those in the future. This is just too good not to continue.
Jun 28, 2013 5:59 PM

Nov 2007
Arata's mother finally gave up on disagreeing the idea. Oh, nice. Miyu-Miyu's character and megane guy won. Nice notice for that cold teacher.

Chihaya needs to get surgery for that finger. Interesting call after Chihaya seeing the CD of final match.

lol @ Arata realizing photo book is her sister's. Kimono girl sensed from the poem that she's thinking about Arata instead of Taichi. For field trip she even planned for the chance for the two. Probably the story there = the OVA?

ED = season 1 OP.

lol @ the end.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 28, 2013 6:43 PM
Nov 2011
I'll be damn well disappointed if there is no season three. I want to see Chihaya become queen and see Arata and her get together as a couple. *squeals*

I really love both Arata's and Chihaya's passion to play Karuta because of each other.
Jun 28, 2013 6:46 PM

Mar 2011
My full thoughts of the season can be summed up in my review, do give it a read if you can :D
Jun 28, 2013 6:50 PM

Jul 2010
Oh god it's over ;_;. Absolutely wonderful just as good as the first season an easy 10/10. Now I can only hope for a third season.
Jun 28, 2013 6:59 PM

May 2009
The years I have to wait for another season. T_T

Chihayafuru 2 is definitely going on the book for one of my top favorite animes this year.
Jun 28, 2013 7:04 PM

Aug 2009
marchefka said:
I'm overwhelmed and speechless. This was simply perfect.
Lulexiaa said:

PLEASE LORD PLEASE GIVE ME A SEASON 3 T___T
PLEASE LORD Q____Q
I KNOW THERES NOT ENOUGH MANGA CHAPTERS BUT PLEASE LORD
I KNOW THERE ARNT MANY ANIMES THAT GET 3RD SEASONS BECAUSE ANIME PRODUCERS JUST WANT TO PROMOTE THE MANGA BUT PLEASEEEE LORDDD!!!!
IMMA MISS THEIR BEAUTIFUL VOICES, THE BEAUTIFL OSTS, THEIR BEAUTIFUL ANIMATED COLORED FACES, Q____________Q //gets on kneees

Amen.

rofl.. thank you T u T <3 <3
Jun 28, 2013 7:10 PM

Oct 2011
Nooooooo it can't be overrrr. D: PERFECTION!!!! No other anime has had this much effect on me, plus having TWO perfect seasons. This is a work of art. Truly a masterpiece. I pray to god there is a 3rd season.

OMG so many Arata x Chihaya moments this episode.. I just couldn't take it!! o3o I know a lot of people want Chihaya x Taichi to be a couple but there is no denying the chemistry that Arata x Chihaya have. There's this special connection between the two of them that just oozes out of the screen. Plus they almost never see each other but are still great friends.

and this:

Tieria-Shirin said:
I'll be damn well disappointed if there is no season three. I want to see Chihaya become queen and see Arata and her get together as a couple. *squeals*

I really love both Arata's and Chihaya's passion to play Karuta because of each other.
Jun 28, 2013 7:40 PM

Feb 2013
Great episode and great finale for the second season that hints that there will be a season 3. FINALLY Chihaya said she loves Arata...im a big ChihayaxArata fun and i could't be more happy this episode :D... I can't understand why so many prefer Taichi over Arata...Arata all the way :P he is just so much better for Chihaya and now finally he is going to Tokyo so he can be with her.Also loved the original song at the end.I want season 3 NOW!!!
Jun 28, 2013 7:42 PM

Dec 2012
It ended exactly as I thought it would
Good anime overall

7/10

I don't mind the open-ended ending, but I also wouldn't mind a 3rd season
Jun 28, 2013 8:00 PM

Jul 2011
Guys please, it's obvious that Chihaya will end up with Taichi, this is for prevent all his fans to commit suicide... -.-'

Anyway, I don't give a shit about the romance, I just want to see them improve. I want to see more Shinobu and I want to see Arata moving to Tokyo.

I can't say which was the best season but they were both awesome!

I'm still undecided if I read the manga or if I wait for the third season, although it will take a long time...

9/10
Jun 28, 2013 8:15 PM

Mar 2012
Even though there weren't any major climactic events or intense matches, the conclusion managed to retain the show's quality and deliver an absolutely wonderful final episode. There's still a sense of completeness and satisfaction despite being very far from a conclusive ending. I got the same feeling here as I did with the first season's final episode.

But seriously, we have to have a season three here. It can't just end right before Arata makes it to Tokyo; I feel like his arrival in Tokyo is when things will really start to come together for our trio of main characters (and I especially want to see Arata become an actual main character since he's felt so distant and too akin to a plot device thus far in the series). I have never wanted yet another season so badly for any other series. This show has the potential to reach such amazing heights with a third season, heights even greater than what the past two seasons have already achieved.

Anyways, I loved the final little character explorations for our main trio and Chihaya especially, and I really enjoyed the little hints of romantic development dropped from time to time. I'm aware that romance isn't the main focus of the show, but I love the little sprinklings that get thrown on. I'm just really pleased with the way we got some character development in a manner less directly derived from karuta matches, though the influence of karuta was still undoubtedly there, albeit in a more abstract way. With all the extra visual details in this episode (some of which were so stunning and ethereal to watch) and the wonderful atmosphere on top of that, it made for a fantastic final episode, which was pleasantly surprising with the lack of eventfulness and the tension that made me love the episodes prior to this one this season.

Well, I'm giving this season a 9/10, just like the first season. Season 2 had a shaky start, in my opinion, but as it progressed, it reminded me of why I came to love Chihayafuru in the first place: fantastic character explorations and incredible atmosphere and tension-building.

Lulexiaa said:
I hope Im not in that much of denial, but when Chihaya said she loved Arata.. I feel more of a friend sort of way.. I too love Arata...
but then I read the poems she wrote about Arata... fml...

Haha, I thought that too. I feel like Chihaya doesn't have the capacity (yet) to actually realize romantic feelings. When she said that she will always Arata, I felt like her head was still swimming with karuta. Him introducing her to karuta had such a major impact on her life, and she undoubtedly looks up to him as a karuta player with immense respect, but I still see her love as friendly kind of platonic love.
nauticalblueJun 28, 2013 8:34 PM
Jun 28, 2013 8:17 PM
May 2013
I LOVED season two! Please please please please PLEASE say there is gonna be a seasson 3. All i can do is pray!!
Jun 28, 2013 8:21 PM

Aug 2012
ainky said:
Guys please, it's obvious that Chihaya will end up with Taichi, this is for prevent all his fans to commit suicide... -.-'
Basically
Jun 28, 2013 8:26 PM

Dec 2007
"and I will always love Arata" -- from crunchyroll; however, I would love some third party translation notes, as this seems like a REALLY important line.

Ending the season with Chihaya crafting her own poems was great. I can't even say how much I enjoyed this series, and this was as fitting an ending as I could have hoped for.

As for a third season, I was stunned that they even got a second season, so I am not holding out any hopes for a third season. Prove me wrong Madhouse! In the meantime, I can't hold back any longer on reading the manga. I would also appreciate any comment on what chapter the last episode of this series corresponds to.
Jun 28, 2013 8:36 PM
Jul 2009
Hey, guys!

Chihayafuru is one of my favorite shows ever. The final episode was a perfect way to end season 2 and I can't wait for a season 3. I really hope it gets made!

I wanted to share something with you guys, but I didn't know if I should start a new thread or post in the episode discussion, so I apologize if I'm doing something wrong by posting this here. After watching the final episode earlier today and after seeing someone on Twitter sell a Yuru Yuri tshirt that he designed, I got the idea to design my own tshirt based on the Mizusawa High School Karuta Club shirts that the team wears in the anime.

It took me about four hours to design and the tshirt only gets made if 50 shirts are reserved. So if anyone is interested in buying their own Mizusawa High School Karuta club shirt, I would really appreciate it (I want to own one too)!

http://teespring.com/chihayafuru

If I'm not allowed to advertise/post links like this, then I apologize. I didn't see anything about it in the rules, so it seemed fine to me.
Jun 28, 2013 8:42 PM

Mar 2012
DC_Fulano said:
Shinobu <3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol at how angry everyone looks standing behind Arata. I didn't notice the triple-scowl when I watched that scene until I stared at the screencap.
Jun 28, 2013 8:58 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Taichi has potential. If he can master his emotions and remain calm, he can easily become a top Class A player. It's interesting how his play style is in fact very similar to Arata's.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 28, 2013 9:02 PM

Jul 2009
9/10 for making me go wtf whenever the ending theme song came on
as for the episode, it wasnt bad. decent wrap up. poor taichi.

lol@training camp and how arata doesnt need it.
KurogashiJun 28, 2013 9:09 PM
Jun 28, 2013 9:09 PM

Jul 2012
So that's it.

25 weeks full of emotion, laughing, crying (almost every freaking episode), cheering and loving this show and all it's beautiful characters. It was so worth it. I don't have a lot to say to be honest.

Is it a perfect 10? I'm saying yes. It's like a 9.6 from me actually but I round up. I liked the last episode. It was relaxing and calm - the perfect way to end off a season. It also opened up new opportunities for more development and excitement for the next season (hopefully there is one!)

On the romance aspect, I fully believe that Chihaya does not see Arata romantically. The way she said it groups Karuta and Arata as two things she loves but it's more on the platonic side. All in all, Taichi, good luck and go get her. Plus, the Taichi/Kana friendship moments were awesome!

One question: What did the Fujisaki coach mean when she said that only two high schoolers didn't lose at all? What about the other winners??
Jun 28, 2013 9:24 PM
Apr 2010
Now to wait for season 3.

*Hibernates in cave*
Jun 28, 2013 9:27 PM

Jul 2012
mayukachan said:

One question: What did the Fujisaki coach mean when she said that only two high schoolers didn't lose at all? What about the other winners??

Guess she meant that they never lost a single match. Thats kind of a no-brainer for Arata since he won 1st place and only played in the Individual tournament. In Taichi's case, he played both team and individual matches and never lost, thus didn't lose at all....(at least i dont recall him dropping a single match in the team matches).

Regarding this episode, what a fantastic series and I was both excited and dreading coming home from work to watch this because I knew that would be the end of the season. I really hope that we'll get a 3rd season. The way this one ended makes me think they are going to do another season vs the way season 1 ended where they were kinda teasing that they may or may not do another season . I think as long as the anime is boosting the manga sales and increasing the awareness of Karuta in Japan, there is a good chance of another season (I hope).
noir24Jun 28, 2013 9:31 PM
Jun 28, 2013 9:37 PM

Nov 2007
I was so sad that I was ready to cry when I knew I am about to watch the final episode of the best ongoing anime, and I cried, not because of sadness but, because how beautiful this anime remained over 50 episodes.

I dunno how words can describe to my gratitude to the production team who actually made one of the best anime ever without making any significant profit out of it.

I will desperately wait to know there will be a news for a deserving third season of one of the best anime I have came across over the last 15 years.

10/10

God! She is so beautiful! ♥

"Natsu no hi no
Atsusa todoka no tsunai de
Kimi no kotoba no
Todoko shiawase"

Does this mean Arata won?! No way! Taichi has Kana-chan's backing! While I adore Arata, including his forbidden pink phone, but somehow I want Chihaya to end up with Taichi. There is something warm about how Taichi cherishes Chihaya that makes him really special.

Can anyone enlighten me on how advanced the manga material is right now for a third season?! Taichi going stronger from stronger, and Arata coming to Tokyo! I don't know where this love will take me!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 28, 2013 9:45 PM
Jun 2013
Oh damn. Chihaya writing love poems about Arata.
Jun 28, 2013 9:53 PM

Aug 2012
noir24 said:
mayukachan said:

Guess she meant that they never lost a single match. Thats kind of a no-brainer for Arata since he won 1st place and only played in the Individual tournament. In Taichi's case, he played both team and individual matches and never lost, thus didn't lose at all....(at least i dont recall him dropping a single match in the team matches).

Yup, he won all of his matches in the team tourny. I thought that was awesome, it'd be interesting to see how both of them would react to hearing that.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2013

138 by bassyey »»
Mar 16, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2013

160 by fathandz »»
Feb 17, 11:50 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2013

136 by fathandz »»
Feb 15, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2013

181 by fathandz »»
Feb 11, 3:38 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 10, 2013

110 by fathandz »»
Feb 7, 9:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.