Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 7, 2013 1:30 PM

Sep 2012
On the cover of the recent July issue of NewType magazine, it was announced that manga "Akuma no Riddle" (Riddle Story of Devil) will be animated in 2014. The manga is written by Kouga Yun, drawn by Minnakata Sunao, and has been serialized in NewType since September 2012. The first volume will be published on July 10th.

In December 2012, the manga was adapted into a social game for mobile phones named "Akuma no Riddle AK"

The summary of the story is as follows:

The story is set at Myoujou Academy, a private boarding school for girls. All the students in the 10th year's Kurogumi class are assassins pursuing one target, Ichinose Haruka. Azuma Tokaku also goes after her and is recently transferred into the school. However, she gradually gets attracted by the warmth of Haruka.

Source: NewType July issue cover

Story by GoldenBRS, Stark700

Akuma no Riddle on MAL
NaruleachOct 6, 2013 6:05 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 7, 2013 1:31 PM

Jul 2012
Cute assassin lesbians doing cute assassin lesbian things?
Jun 7, 2013 1:36 PM

Sep 2012
Just when we are talking about yuri subtext and yuri anime ! LOL

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 7, 2013 1:39 PM

Nov 2011
Will watch for hot yuri bloody action.

I've never heard about this series though till ....earlier.
Mm...
Jun 7, 2013 1:42 PM

Sep 2009
I bet it would be actual shoujo-ai. Yun Koga is famous shounen-ai mangaka and Sunao Minakata(why without link, he has a MAL entry?) is a shoujo-ai mangaka but more famous for his Toho yuri doujins
Jun 7, 2013 1:43 PM

Jul 2010
The characters an art style look pretty badass. Shoujo Ai eh?

Jun 7, 2013 1:45 PM

Sep 2012
Nachtwandler_21 said:
I bet it would be actual shoujo-ai. Yun Koga is famous shounen-ai mangaka and Sunao Minakata(why without link, he has a MAL entry?) is a shoujo-ai mangaka but more famous for his Toho yuri doujins
I have put back the link for Minakata.

Personally I very much prefer to use the word yuri instead of shoujo-ai because in Japan now the meaning of shoujo-ai is almost always "love for little girl", that is pedophilia.

Jun 7, 2013 1:48 PM

Jan 2011
Stark700 said:

Damn this looks cool.
[center]
Jun 7, 2013 1:49 PM

Jul 2010
YES!.Finally some girls love.Been waiting for title like this for ages.Now hopefully it will turn out be a full TV series made by some decent studio.
Oh and design looks pretty sick:
Jun 7, 2013 1:51 PM

Sep 2012
^
^ The pic from the Minakata's pixiv also looks cool too

Jun 7, 2013 1:52 PM
Jul 2012
Those designs look badass.

Nov 2008
The drawing looks hot but the story line is kinda weak to me so might pass on it

Sep 2012
iLostReason said:
Oh and design looks pretty sick
Sick or Slick ????

Jun 7, 2013 1:53 PM

Jan 2011
symbv said:
^

Holy cow I hope the anime does justice to these character designs. Please be in fall so we can have two Yuri action shows.
[center]
Jun 7, 2013 1:54 PM
May 2013
Looks good, will give try
Jun 7, 2013 1:54 PM

Sep 2012
symbv said:
iLostReason said:
Sick or Slick ????
Think he means sick in the:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sick
1. crazy, cool, insane

Way...
Jun 7, 2013 1:56 PM

Aug 2010
ihateeveryone said:

Best.Anime.Ever. Just sayin.
Anyways, I'm interested.
Jun 7, 2013 1:56 PM

Sep 2012
VioLink said:
Holy cow I hope the anime does justice to these character designs, please be in fall so we can have two Yuri action shows.
Hmm..but the news says it is to be in 2014.... or you know a yuri action show to air in 2014 fall?

Jun 7, 2013 1:58 PM

Sep 2009
symbv said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:
I have put back the link for Minakata.

Personally I very much prefer to use the word yuri instead of shoujo-ai because in Japan now the meaning of shoujo-ai is almost always "love for little girl", that is pedophilia.

Me to. But most of non-japaneese people unfortunately think that "yuri" = "lesbian hentai" while "shoujo-ai" = "lesbian romance"
Jun 7, 2013 1:58 PM

Jan 2011
symbv said:
VioLink said:
Holy cow I hope the anime does justice to these character designs, please be in fall so we can have two Yuri action shows.
Hmm..but the news says it is to be in 2014.... or you know a yuri action show to air in 2014 fall?

Oh, I only read the synopsis not the top part.
[center]
Jun 7, 2013 2:00 PM

May 2011
symbv said:

I always looked at shoujo-ai as something with a more serious form of female x female romance, where yuri is something more playful. But I suppose that's just how I interpret it as a western anime fan. I've never heard any kind of mention of how shoujo-ai can apply to pedophilia either. I think I'll just stick to calling it yuri then.

Sep 2009
symbv said:
VioLink said:

He probably meant Kill la Kill but:

1. I doubt it would be yuri
2. It's not confirmed for fall. Just some rumors
Sep 2012
Looks interesting enough, I mean I saw the Manga sometime ago somewhere...

Well Character desings looks great.
Jun 7, 2013 2:04 PM

Sep 2012
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Me to. But most of non-japaneese people unfortunately think that "yuri" = "lesbian hentai" while "shoujo-ai" = "lesbian romance"
Hmm... I think only the westerners stick to that obsolete usage. At least in Chinese speaking communities in China, Taiwan and Hong Kong (and I think English speaking Singapore too) the term to use is always Yuri (or its writing in kanji). I dearly hope that the usage of the term of "Shoujo-ai" can be phased out among western fans because the usage difference can potentially cause misunderstanding between international fans.

symbvJun 7, 2013 2:11 PM

Jun 7, 2013 2:07 PM

Sep 2011
VioLink said:
symbv said:
^

Holy cow I hope the anime does justice to these character designs. Please be in fall so we can have two Yuri action shows.

"Two"?
Jun 7, 2013 2:07 PM

Sep 2009
Maybe. I'm from Europe and in my and nearest countries most of anime fans think so. Not all but most.
Jun 7, 2013 2:10 PM

Jul 2010
hpulley said:
symbv said:
iLostReason said:
Sick or Slick ????
Think he means sick in the:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sick
1. crazy, cool, insane

What he said.Though slick would be fine as well.
Jun 7, 2013 2:11 PM

Sep 2012
kenshin_sama said:
I always looked at shoujo-ai as something with a more serious form of female x female romance, where yuri is something more playful.
Nachtwandler_21 said:
But most of non-japaneese people unfortunately think that "yuri" = "lesbian hentai" while "shoujo-ai" = "lesbian romance"
Seems we have at least two different ways to distinguish the two terms by western fans... I guess it just goes to show how ill-defined the two terms are, which is expected because in Japanese during the old days the two terms meant the same thing (that is they both cover everything from light and softcore to serous and hardcore).

Jun 7, 2013 2:13 PM

Jan 2011
Nachtwandler_21 said:
symbv said:
VioLink said:

He probably meant Kill la Kill but:

1. I doubt it would be yuri
2. It's not confirmed for fall. Just some rumors

1. I meant Yuri in a since of "Yuri undertones" not girls actually making love to each other.
2. True there is no confirmed date but I firmly believe it will be a fall anime from what Ive seen so far.
Downgrade355 said:

Forget it, I didn't read the date of this anime.
VioLinkJun 7, 2013 2:18 PM
[center]
Jun 7, 2013 2:15 PM
Feb 2012
Depending on the studio this could turn out so damn well and it being aired in 2014 enables the manga to produce more content.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jun 7, 2013 2:18 PM

Jul 2012
Just remember that yuri is this:

Jun 7, 2013 2:19 PM
Feb 2012
jmal said:
5:1 odds this just ends up being an OAD with one of the manga volumes, which would make me very sad but not at all surprised.

And A-1 would do it, being notorious for their choice of art.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jun 7, 2013 2:21 PM

Sep 2009
jmal said:
5:1 odds this just ends up being an OAD with one of the manga volumes, which would make me very sad but not at all surprised.

I think so too. But still hope there would be enough material for a one-cour series than it airs
Jun 7, 2013 2:24 PM

May 2010
One volume of the manga is not out yet and it gets anime? Kinda weird.

After Strawberry Panic I'm not big fan of this genre, so I should try something new, and this one looks pretty cool, so who knows.
At least if it's tv series ;)
Jun 7, 2013 2:48 PM

Aug 2011
Yuri subtext or canon? Either way, I'll definitely watch. :DDD
Jun 7, 2013 2:53 PM

May 2010
jmal said:
Kitsu-nee said:
After Strawberry Panic I'm not big fan of this genre, so I should try something new, and this one looks pretty cool, so who knows.

Strawberry Panic is, uh... ...I appreciate it for being one of a very very small handful of canonical yuri series on TV ever, but it's definitely not anything I'd argue is a paragon of storytelling. Hopefully this series can be both just as yuri-riffic but also, ah, better. =P

I know, this was one of the most schematic stories I've ever seen, it might have been good, if it would be around 13 episodes. The way it was made reminded me of most naive shoujo manga, this time with girls' romance only.
Too bad, since the characters were pretty cute.
Jun 7, 2013 3:00 PM
Jul 2012
Kitsu-nee said:
jmal said:
Kitsu-nee said:

Strawberry Panic is, uh... ...I appreciate it for being one of a very very small handful of canonical yuri series on TV ever, but it's definitely not anything I'd argue is a paragon of storytelling. Hopefully this series can be both just as yuri-riffic but also, ah, better. =P

I know, this was one of the most schematic stories I've ever seen, it might have been good, if it would be around 13 episodes. The way it was made reminded me of most naive shoujo manga, this time with girls' romance only.
Too bad, since the characters were pretty cute.

Yeah, when I first watch Strawberry Panic, it was average. And I read the review of it, looks like the ending will be suck. I like the blue hair better. But that series is for only first time watching yuri people.

Hope this series will be awesome.

Mar 2012
ihateeveryone said:

I thought that was a guy in the picture.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro

Sep 2011
UtsukushiiYume said:
Yuri subtext or canon? Either way, I'll definitely watch. :DDD

Looks canon.
Jun 7, 2013 3:10 PM

May 2010
GoldenBRS said:
Yeah, when I first watch Strawberry Panic, it was average. And I read the review of it, looks like the ending will be suck. I like the blue hair better. But that series is for only first time watching yuri people.

That's it! Tamao-chan team FTW.

No more offtopic, sorry :c
Jun 7, 2013 3:11 PM

Sep 2009
Am I the only one here who liked Strawberry Panic?
Jun 7, 2013 3:12 PM

Feb 2012
In for teh yuris.
Jun 7, 2013 3:16 PM

Feb 2011
I'm not going to read the story, the poster alone is enough to get my attention.

Nachtwandler_21 said:
It's OK...-ish.
Jun 7, 2013 3:21 PM

Jun 2008
Sounds interesting
Jun 7, 2013 3:52 PM

May 2008
I'm totally interested in this, too. I really like Yun Kouga's designs and if it is lesbian assassins that's awesome.
Jun 7, 2013 4:04 PM

Oct 2012
Assassins + Yuri?
Can't wait.
Jun 7, 2013 4:16 PM

Sep 2011
Nachtwandler_21 said:

why?
Jun 7, 2013 4:28 PM

Jul 2010
Gimme the lesbians.

The actual lesbians.

I want the actual lesbians.

Show me the actual lesbians.
Jun 7, 2013 4:56 PM

Sep 2011
UpperBody said:
Gimme the lesbians.

The actual lesbians.

I want the actual lesbians.

Show me the actual lesbians.

why?
Jun 7, 2013 5:06 PM

May 2012
I can't wait to see this! It looks interesting!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Tsue to Tsurugi no Wistoria' Unveils Additional Pair of Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 10:24 AM

» Smartphone Game 'Garena Free Fire' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - May 12

43 by Nightleon »»
Yesterday, 4:56 AM

» Manga 'Hanazakari no Kimitachi e' Gets Anime

DatRandomDude - May 14

39 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Yesterday, 12:36 AM

» 'Megami no Café Terrace Season 2' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - May 14

17 by MegamiRem »»
May 16, 12:13 PM

» Winners of the 48th Kodansha Manga Awards

Snow - May 15

12 by Zedlin »»
May 16, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.