Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2013 11:58 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mizuki has announced her new idol unit, "Tristar". This group shall consist of three members, including Mizuki-chan. A huge elimination audition to recruit the 2 members of Tristar has been held, and it looks like all of Starlight Academy wanted to be a part of it.

Okay, that was crazy! The Tristar audition reminds me of "Takeshi's Castle" or "Wipeout" with those insane obstacle courses as challenges! It all went down to the final eight....no, final SIX! Ichigo, Aoi, Ran, and three girls who were previously in Mizuki's group before Mizuki became the Starlight Queen.

Now I wonder who will be the last 2 idols to join the ranks of top idol......waitaminute! A new girl makes a grand entrance by jumping from an airplane with a parachute! And isn't that the yet-to-be-introduced girl who we keep seeing in the OP? Could she be a super idol or something??
May 31, 2013 1:53 PM

Jun 2011
0o0 Ohmagod, Hikari's back, even briefly, things just got SO REAL!

-_- Wow, Mizuki is trolling SO hard, what do half of these have to even do with idol training?

T.T NOOOOOOOOOOO! Yurika! I wanted you to be thereeeeeeeeee!

... 0_0 That girl.... the redheaded girl. I already love her. She came down from an AIRPLANE. And she fricking speaks like JOHHNY. XD
SeerofWordsMay 31, 2013 1:56 PM
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
May 31, 2013 6:22 PM

Sep 2007
The song was not that good for the Tristar.
I'm a little disappointed.
Anyways, the new character seem fun. XD
Jun 1, 2013 5:24 AM
Nov 2008
I don't think the trials were pointless... I assume she was testing their strength, balance, perseverance and endurance. Also, I can understand none of them passing the auditions early, because they were clearly struggling through those challenges rather than maintaining an idol aura (Yurika kept to her character, but unfortunately failed, otherwise this was the only time Mizuki commented with being impressed). I just keep thinking back to the earlier episodes, where Mizuki is the only one able to use special appeal after special appeal endlessly.Also, isn't that a thing about idols? Looking and performing well while looking effortless? :)

On another note: YES! They finally introduced the new character from the OP/ED! :D
Jun 1, 2013 2:43 PM

Oct 2011
Yurika was awesome till the end. Her sacrifice will not be forgotten. Farewell!

Troll-ish episode but it was fun :D especially additional difficulties were nice to see.
Plus that new girls, she looks interesting - at least in a way she choose to appear.

And one ongoing remark - it might be just me but it's nice to see those CGI look better than at the beginning. Of course it's not Toei/Precure level but certainly feels better.
Jun 2, 2013 5:15 PM

Mar 2011
This episode was quite funny. What with that red data girl?
Jun 2, 2013 7:33 PM

Jul 2008
Competitions always get me so hyped in anime.

My guess is that TriStar will consist of Mizuki, new girl (if she can somehow worm her way into the final audition), and Ichigo. But who knows~

Poor Yurika-sama!
Jun 3, 2013 5:02 PM
Sep 2012
GarLogan78 said:

My guess is that TriStar will consist of Mizuki, new girl (if she can somehow worm her way into the final audition), and Ichigo. But who knows~

Poor Yurika-sama!

My guess is that Ichigo, Aoi and Ran will sooner or later form TriStar.
Jun 4, 2013 6:59 PM

Jul 2008
opticaldelusion said:
GarLogan78 said:

Poor Yurika-sama!

My guess is that Ichigo, Aoi and Ran will sooner or later form TriStar.

Yeah I would personally prefer them to form their own idol unit, but I feel like half the series is just Ichigo trying to reach Mizuki's level.
Jun 17, 2013 11:35 AM

Sep 2009
wtf?? o.o who is that redheaded girl? the looks of mizuki in the end...
Jun 17, 2013 11:38 AM

Sep 2009
LunyRed said:
Now I wonder who will be the last 2 idols to join the ranks of top idol......waitaminute! A new girl makes a grand entrance by jumping from an airplane with a parachute! And isn't that the yet-to-be-introduced girl who we keep seeing in the OP? Could she be a super idol or something??

Oooh.. I remember her now, lol. I almost forgot about her... I was searching for her before when Sakura and the other first year students were introduced XD
I was waiting for her when will she show up..
Apr 26, 2014 4:54 AM

Jan 2009
1. "In entertainment, the deeper you go, the more isolated you become." what wisdom

2. The obstacles are like ninja warrior; kaede's skydiving entrance was interesting

6/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Aug 5, 2014 11:19 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
That red haired girl has guts to interrupt Mizuki during her speech. Jumping off an airplane, like a boss.

I figured it would come down to Mizuki's previous partners vs Ichigo/Ran/Aoi. There just had to me more to the team Mizuki used to be in.

Them challenges sure were extremely hard, mostly the balance walking and wall climbing.

Aug 9, 2014 11:36 AM

Jul 2014
Wow, love the new Tri-star song, reminds me of something Kalafina would sing with the harmonies. Mizuki is definitely my favourite besides Yurika; I love how she isn't so successful for no reason, I wonder what inspired her?

Yurika's early elimination was unexpected and admirable. Seeing Orihime's commentaries; I expect big opportunities for her in the future.

The red haired girl has made a good impression on me. I'm excited to see what happens next.

On a side note, I love how I enjoy Mizuki and Yurika's type of songs the best. I love how they're now all sunshine and flowers and have more power. That's probably part of why they're my favourites.
[center][/center]
Jan 17, 2015 10:17 AM

Dec 2012
Those obstacle courses were outrageous, like a chuunin exam for idols. I liked that little bit when it showed the girl fall off the balance bar and her partner joined her, that was sweet. LOL @ Yurika, flying away like a bat being released into the night. The Tristar audition was really mesmerizing and I loved the energy and attitude that came with it. That sky diving girl certainly knows how to make an entrance, I'm totally looking forward to what she has in store.
Jun 3, 2016 8:45 AM

Dec 2013
And the 7th (or 8th counting Mizuki) girl has finally arrived! I expected her to be among the last of the candidates, but I didn't expect her to be skydiving from a freaking plane!
Jul 26, 2016 12:49 PM

Nov 2013
I hate this stupid contest. I hope new girl will kick Mizuki's arrogant ass for good.

And new song sucks hard.
Apr 29, 2017 8:42 PM

Feb 2014
LOL @ Yurika-sama getting blown away team rocket style. The only thing missing was her completely disappearing into the distance with a flash.
Gvendoline said:
I hate this stupid contest. I hope new girl will kick Mizuki's arrogant ass for good.

Yeah, she did look arrogant as hell with her Takeshi Castle like setup. Sitting on her tall throne like an emperor with a literal crown beside her, while making others go through trials as if she's watching gladiator fights. We get it, you're the top idol, but how about toning it down a little bit?
I hope the new girl turns out to be one of those characters that will show her that no matter how good you are, there's always someone better. Not that I hate Mizuki, but it will be good to see her getting a bit humbled for a change, and I don't think she would mind.
Sep 5, 2021 8:26 AM

Feb 2020
I got strong Sasuke, Takeshi's Castle, and Wipeout vibes from those obstacle courses.

Kaede's showy appearance in the end was unexpected. Wow!

Lol at Aoi and Ichigo's faces in this scene. xD

SerafosMar 2, 8:24 AM
Jan 26, 8:01 PM

May 2019
Dang possibly the wackiest episode yet and the dramatic entrance of the last member. Really wonder how Mizuki could held such ridiculous audition while she herself still an academy student lmao.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 79 Discussion

billybob300c - Apr 24, 2014

18 by aloradear »»
Apr 24, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 5 Discussion

Blackbird - Nov 5, 2012

16 by daiyoukai »»
Apr 14, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 76 Discussion

Gar_Logan - Apr 3, 2014

16 by Edocchi »»
Apr 4, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 22 Discussion

Gar_Logan - Mar 12, 2013

14 by Sylicone »»
Apr 3, 4:24 PM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 70 Discussion

Zaraquiel99 - Feb 21, 2014

13 by aloradear »»
Feb 20, 7:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.