Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 26, 2013 11:11 AM

May 2009
Now we must wait a week
May 26, 2013 11:13 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
PoeticJustice said:
Phenomenal episode. The funeral was really well done, props to Production I.G. It was a very sad episode though, but I love how the drama was not overdone and the emotion felt organic. I feel bad for Ledo though, he can never return to the alliance.

That's exactly how I felt about this anime. The best part about it is the way that everything isn't overdramatic. The funeral scene was beautifully done, accompanied by a sad piano bgm. I have to say, this anime's OST is probably my favorite for the season, even above SnK's, and that's saying a lot since I'm a huge fan of Sawano Hiroyuki's works.

I'm glad Ridget could resolve the issues she had with the other captains that may have wanted to leave the fleet, but it's easy to see why people won't completely trust her since she's so young. And as much as I love this anime, for some reason I just really don't like Amy :/ I wish I could like her. She cries a lot, and I know she really cares (loves?) Ledo, but I guess I was hoping that if she really cared that much, she would try one last time to talk to him instead of asking questions like, "why doesn't he care about himself more?" etc. But it's nice to see that Ledo wants to destroy the whalesquids/Hideauze because he wants to keep Amy safe and not sad, yet he doesn't realize that Amy is sad because he's leaving. D: I'm sure they'll see each other again though.

Hmm...so does this mean we'll never see the Galactic Alliance again? I kind of wanted to see how Avalon looked like. But I'm more excited to see what looks like an underwater city! (btw, I cannot reiterate this enough, but the sceneries are just too beautiful ;_; I'm so jealous of the people in the anime...just look at the night sky full of stars!)
May 26, 2013 11:16 AM

Jan 2011
PoeticJustice said:
AlexGK said:
PoeticJustice said:
Phenomenal episode. The funeral was really well done, props to Production I.G. It was a very sad episode though, but I love how the drama was not overdone and the emotion felt organic. I feel bad for Ledo though, he can never return to the alliance.

Emotional scenes wont work that well when you didn't have any attachment to the characters in question. And so far we haven't seen anything spectacular from the captain. To me he looked like loved but weak leader. Dunno, might just be me, but the show is the greatest letdown for me in recent years. Even greater than SAO, and that's saying much. Score down to 5/10 and with the 4 episodes that we have left this looks like a lost cause already. What a waste of setting, art, music and VA talent.

The show is obviously a Slice of Life story. What did you expect? I knew what I was getting into after episode 3, maybe if you adjusted your expectations a little, you would enjoy it much more. This show may fail as a mecha sci-fi show, but as an SOL, it succeeds in spades.

It fails at storytelling, that's my point. Its nothing even near plausible.
Here is the example from this episode. Ridget to be the new captain, what a joke. 22 years old, and so far acting like absolute moron. Sorry, not buying it.
May 26, 2013 11:19 AM

Aug 2010
Good build up for the inevitable Slaughter in the upcoming eps :P

But yeah I found the emotions depicted pretty nicely this episode.

Loved the funeral scene. Burial under water is a nice way to go :)

I actually didn't expect Amy to stay. I wonder how much til we see her again.

Well nxt ep let the action and urobutchering commence ;D
May 26, 2013 11:20 AM

Aug 2008
she;s young and has time to learn if this let you down and stuff saw animes with younger protagonists which are in lead
i find this anime pretty good so far
well even though mostly expected mecha :D
The spider is watching
May 26, 2013 11:22 AM

May 2012
AlexGK said:
PoeticJustice said:
AlexGK said:
PoeticJustice said:

Emotional scenes wont work that well when you didn't have any attachment to the characters in question. And so far we haven't seen anything spectacular from the captain. To me he looked like loved but weak leader. Dunno, might just be me, but the show is the greatest letdown for me in recent years. Even greater than SAO, and that's saying much. Score down to 5/10 and with the 4 episodes that we have left this looks like a lost cause already. What a waste of setting, art, music and VA talent.

The show is obviously a Slice of Life story. What did you expect? I knew what I was getting into after episode 3, maybe if you adjusted your expectations a little, you would enjoy it much more. This show may fail as a mecha sci-fi show, but as an SOL, it succeeds in spades.

Here is the example from this episode. Ridget to be the new captain, what a joke. 22 years old, and so far acting like absolute moron. Sorry, not buying it.

But let us look at the story that is supposed to be told here. It is not about the Gargantia, it is about a young boy who only knew war. He comes to a foreign planet and learns what it means to be "human." This is not Battleship. And besides, Ridget will have many people help her along the way, who else was the Commander supposed to nominate? Almost all of her shipmates are old as hell anyway.
May 26, 2013 11:25 AM

Apr 2013
Crazy theory here, but bear with me.

Don't mind me :) *whistles nonchalantly*
May 26, 2013 11:32 AM

May 2012
Spiegelmeister said:

One can only hope....
May 26, 2013 11:33 AM

Mar 2011
AlexGK said:
PoeticJustice said:

Emotional scenes wont work that well when you didn't have any attachment to the characters in question. And so far we haven't seen anything spectacular from the captain. To me he looked like loved but weak leader. Dunno, might just be me, but the show is the greatest letdown for me in recent years. Even greater than SAO, and that's saying much.
Score down to 5/10 and with the 4 episodes that we have left this looks like a lost cause already. What a waste of setting, art, music and VA talent.

SAO is sh1t compared to this.
May 26, 2013 11:46 AM
Oct 2010
evilcyber said:
but a nice eps btw~

nice art and oppai ~

dat ass. love them end cards.
hope pinion dies. douchebag
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

May 26, 2013 11:58 AM
Oct 2010
Lots of feels in this episode, I thought it was really well done, especially since it didn't have any overbearing crying. I suppose the last few eps are going to be intense since, it's only a 12 ep show.
May 26, 2013 11:59 AM

Dec 2011
Spiegelmeister said:
Called it!
(Comments from last ep. in Spoiler)

I don't think it really split in half. 1 of 6 (I think there are six?) left and a few extra ships went with him. The majority of the major ship owners stayed the course.

May 26, 2013 12:01 PM
Jul 2012
ok I just discovered that melty has the same voice actress as nyaruko from haiyore(noticed this episode while she was speaking)and that according to anime when a ship is moving the background on the night(=stars)moves as if they were clouds(while amy was speaking with her friend about halfway trought the episode)
May 26, 2013 12:07 PM
Oct 2012
AlexGK said:

That was fairly historical actually. In a Feudal Society (which Gargantia looks like with the various entities being independent fiefdoms unified for mutual protection, and the people loyal to their ships) descent is determined by bloodlines (this is also very important in Japan even today). Since Reddit is the only child of the previous ruler of Gargantia (the largest and most powerful of the ships), she would have been the only choice to lead. The previous Captain appears to have been serving in a regent capacity after the father's death, waiting for Reddit to grow up.

There would have been of course the chance of a rebellion or civil war, as perhaps the other captains tried to usurp the throne (that was hinted at when the rebellious chief probed another lord who decided to stay with Reddit - again very Japanese), but throughout the episode I was a bit put off with the threat of break up, because of the external threat of the pirates (who will probably be looking for a bit of revenge, or new plunder after the previous pirate lords demise). That a ship would leave with Ledo providing the defense is far more likely.

Overall good episode, this time the points held together better. Was betting that Bellows was going to go with Ledo and Pinion to provide some fanservice, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Wonder how they are going to provide that in the next 2 episodes.
May 26, 2013 12:10 PM

Apr 2013
Spiegelmeister said:

then amy gets killed and Ledo goes on a rampage against everyone and becomes the only living human left with Bellows and they have to repopulate the earth.. The End.
May 26, 2013 12:23 PM

May 2013
This was a depressing episode.
May 26, 2013 12:25 PM
Aug 2011
Just shut up, shut up Amy. -when she was crying-
You weren't even trying to understand Ledo.

I actually liked the funeral (ah that was awkward to type), the atmosphere when they are each pouring sand into the coffin was just right.
May 26, 2013 12:26 PM

Apr 2013
zeneevee said:

I don't think it really split in half. 1 of 6 (I think there are six?) left and a few extra ships went with him. The majority of the major ship owners stayed the course.

Okay, I agree it wasn't really half, but it was still major enough for a decent chunk of the huge civilization to break off instead of just the one ship and Pinion's crew. Ideology-wise, it definitely seemed like more than half almost felt like leaving over the fact Ridget became captain; they were just smart enough to realize strength in numbers, and have faith in their old captain's decision.

OfficialGuts said:
then amy gets killed and Ledo goes on a rampage against everyone and becomes the only living human left with Bellows and they have to repopulate the earth.. The End.

Hehe I like your thinking. I'll agree with you on Amy and Ledo, but I don't see that happening with Bellows unfortunately. :/
May 26, 2013 12:37 PM

Jul 2012
The funeral is done pretty well. Everything else is okay. Slow, but still kind of interesting.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

May 26, 2013 12:37 PM

Jul 2008
AlexGK said:

It has already been established that Ridget got her position due to practically being royalty. Besides, she has experience in leadership (she was the de-facto leader of Gargantia in earlier episodes) and the people trust her (it is only one ship that left and if the captain wasn't prominent it would have likely stayed there) while none of other Captains tried to claim the position (all of whom have been part of her council while she led in past episodes).

Also, you completely missed Gen's message here: the point is to have a leader who guides those under him, not a Dictator who answer to every problem. And no, leader don't need to "living gods" but people capable of summing the effort of the "team"
May 26, 2013 12:42 PM
Nov 2012
booring.. :p
i was having a feeling from the start that this episode would do nothing else than focuz on funeral and leaving.. but rly.. i hate when such expectations is not twisted in any way at all.. if you had the feeling of what was gonna happen and always was right then animes would forever be boring.. rly i h8 to watch such episodes.. at least let something unexpected happen. >.<
May 26, 2013 12:44 PM

Jan 2011
Looks like there will be fighting and some unexpected developments next episode.
VioLinkMay 26, 2013 2:55 PM
[center]
May 26, 2013 12:44 PM

Dec 2012
This anime always gives me a relaxing feeling while watching. The bgm during the Captain's funeral is very nice. I want it XD

Takuan_Soho said:
That was fairly historical actually. In a Feudal Society (which Gargantia looks like with the various entities being independent fiefdoms unified for mutual protection, and the people loyal to their ships) descent is determined by bloodlines (this is also very important in Japan even today). Since Reddit is the only child of the previous ruler of Gargantia (the largest and most powerful of the ships), she would have been the only choice to lead. The previous Captain appears to have been serving in a regent capacity after the father's death, waiting for Reddit to grow up.

Indeed Gargantia's political structure is similar to Japan's Feudal Era or European's Middle Age where the bulk of power rests with the nation states. A king, or in Japan's case a Shogunate, held onto power based on allegiance of lessor lords. Not until the Tokugawa Shogunate that central power were concentrated, and the Shogunate started to have truly absolute power.

Gargantia is a floating nation where each ship collective is ruled by its own captain. There are currently 7 ship collectives, 6 after this episode. Even though Ridgett has bloodline claim, she cannot replace the deceased ruler without the support of other captains. That's why her speech to solidify support at the funeral is very important.

As for Ledo, Amy has been crying because of him in 2 episodes already.

Ledo Baka indeed :(
May 26, 2013 12:48 PM

Jan 2013
Very slow paced episode.
May 26, 2013 1:05 PM

Nov 2011
Go Melty! Now's your chance!

I hope we'll see some Ledo x Melty interactions on the separated fleet.

It was a good ep, slow, sad, but good. I can't wait for the scavenging part and discovering treasures and learning more about the past. I think Chamber's gonna be awesome with that huge mace/halberd hybrid ;)

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
May 26, 2013 1:18 PM

Apr 2011
It was a good and a sad episode.

Amy was so sad, and now she and Ledo are not going to see each other for some time.
May 26, 2013 1:25 PM
May 2013
parfaited said:
Just shut up, shut up Amy. -when she was crying-
You weren't even trying to understand Ledo.

I actually liked the funeral (ah that was awkward to type), the atmosphere when they are each pouring sand into the coffin was just right.

And did he try to understand her either? Seriously, what are you expecting from her? I think its a part of this show: Amy and Ledo wants to protect eachother, although the path they choose are coliding. The culture differences always will be in the way, but I think it will be settled somehow. So if you wanna blame Amy for not trying to understand Ledo, you should also blame him for not trying to understand her as well. And episode was very good, I felt the atmosphere of this funreal. Its interesting that they showed rituals of the Gargantia- beside language it makes this anime a little more beliveable :'D.
AND NO MELTYxLEDO PLEASE! DON`T LET IT BE HAREM ANIMEE
May 26, 2013 1:25 PM

Jan 2011
PoeticJustice said:
But let us look at the story that is supposed to be told here. It is not about the Gargantia, it is about a young boy who only knew war. He comes to a foreign planet and learns what it means to be "human." This is not Battleship. And besides, Ridget will have many people help her along the way, who else was the Commander supposed to nominate? Almost all of her shipmates are old as hell anyway.

Fine, call it wrong setting for that kind of story then.
Icebreaker93 said:

SAO is sh1t compared to this.

Well, lets say its just me then.
May 26, 2013 1:27 PM

Nov 2012
Wow, well the Ledo-Amy fans must be upset. They didn't even show a goodbye hug or deep moment between the two before he left and after all that fanservice, that's the least they could've done but nope. There he goes. At least Melty will get a shot now.

Guess they tried to get us to feel for Ridget here seeing how much hate she was getting in the last episode. I don't really care for her either way. She hasn't proved to be worthless, but she's not as efficient as I expect a leader to be. And the Fleet Commander wasn't all that amazing either. I don't see the reason for any hype and or depression to occur because of his depth, but I suppose he meant a lot to his people.

Overall, I feel as if things are progressing too slowly. There's still so much we don't know about the Alliance- and it seems like we never will since the SOS signal itself will take over 6,000 years to reach.

And it's cute and all that Ledo's doing this with an emotional passion now (in protecting Amy from feeling that sadness) but I really don't care. It sounds harsh and I do like this series very much, but the whole thing is starting to make me just not care. I don't feel any attachment or empathy towards most of the characters, the art work's still great, but there's no real underlying plot that we can fall back on. Things just seem to be happening in this detached, emotionless manner and everyone goes along with it. I guess this is what happens when you have too many writers.
SpiraiMay 26, 2013 1:35 PM
May 26, 2013 1:34 PM

Oct 2010
Episode wasnt sad as it tried to be. All they really want to do is to control my boy if he didnt have that mech they could gives a rats ass if he left. Ridgett probably the biggest hypocrite in the show. So far this probably the worst episode. Amy knew ledo for 6 months and crying. Yet she aint fucking crying about one of her best friends leaving give me a break.

4/10
bonifideMay 26, 2013 1:37 PM
May 26, 2013 1:36 PM

Nov 2012
bonifide said:
Episode wasnt sad it tried to be sad. All they really want to do is to control my boy if he didnt have that mech they could gives a rats ass if he left. Ridgett probably the biggest hypocrite in the show. So far this probably the worst episode. She knew him for 6 months and crying. Yet she aint fucking crying aobut one of her bestfriends leaving give me a break.

I know right? Melty didn't even tell them she was going and when they found out they just run up and go "oh, too bad". I thought they'd cry or hug at the very least or watch her go but nope. It's all about staring at Ledo from some balcony area and being all melancholy.
May 26, 2013 1:42 PM

Oct 2010
Spirai said:

I know right? Melty didn't even tell them she was going and when they found out they just run up and go "oh, too bad". I thought they'd cry or hug at the very least or watch her go but nope. It's all about staring at Ledo from some balcony area and being all melancholy.

Yeah and i agree with your earlier post. I dont care about most of the characters. I dont even care about Amy. It's just puppy love and thats it. Thinking she can change somebody lifestyle in 6 months. So far the show is getting worse and worse. I guess Valvrave will feel my mecha needs.

Your probably right about all the writers. I dont even see why it got romance in the genre when its not even that good. I do see some cheesy ass kiss scene in the end or i love you or w/e. lol
May 26, 2013 1:44 PM

Dec 2009
Nicely executed episode, but certain parts keeps annoying me, such as the thing about Amy not caring about her friend leaving. Or how no-one actually tries to understand Ledo or try to explain things to him. Or this sudden shift in mood that really clashes with the earlier episodes (why did Pinion become such a jerk?).
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

May 26, 2013 2:00 PM

Jul 2007
Gargantia continues to be the best serious show this season. Brilliant send off for fleet commander and character development for pretty much every character in the cast.

Again LOL at people who were expecting generic mecha action from this show. Urobuchi does not do "generic" and while he loves killing characters, most of his best material is filled with character introspection first and action latter(ex: 85% of Madoka being character interactions and only 15% being actual fighting). People had to have learned it by now.

Marow said:
Nicely executed episode, but certain parts keeps annoying me, such as the thing about Amy not caring about her friend leaving. Or how no-one actually tries to understand Ledo or try to explain things to him. Or this sudden shift in mood that really clashes with the earlier episodes (why did Pinion become such a jerk?).

The show already explained that its a person vendetta for him.
May 26, 2013 2:01 PM

Feb 2013
This was a quiet episode, and quite sad despite the fact that we hardly knew the Commander Fairlock. I have to say that of all the episodes, this was the only one where I have to say that everyone, in some capacity, was in the right.

Ridget is placed in command and she's not ready for it, but she matures through the episode and learns to rely on others in order to lead. Despite the fact that Amy and Bellows call the people who are leaving idiots and fools, I don't see what's wrong with them trying to do what they want to be happy? They have the right to pursue their own happiness elsewhere, they are not prisoners and therefore don't have to stay with Gargantia. Flange and the others don't seem in particular to be greedy or anything, they just either don't accept Ridget as the new leader, or they believe there is a future for them in finding Earth's lost technology. They are nothing wrong with that, they are allowed to chose their own path as human beings.

Yet, also, I can see why Gargantians also feel the way they do since they feel that they people leaving are foolhardy for wanting what is forbidden. They see it as suicide and are feeling abandoned, that's natural and all a part of change.

As for Amy and Bevel, both of them are sad to see Red leave. Amy I think is being a little immature as she doesn't even want to understand nor accept that despite the fact that Red can enjoy himself, he's a soldier. And like all soldiers, he is willing to put himself in harm's way in order to protect her and the humans of Earth. However, it's okay for her to be immature because she's only a teenager and this is her first love. I think Bevel understands a bit more, but he's a kid and is not mature enough to understand that Red's been through.

And lastly there's Red who has found out that his SOS will never reach the Alliance and Chamber can't get there without help. He is stuck on Earth, maybe never to go home, and there is no one who in Gargantia who can understand or care about his plight. (I wanted to strangle Pinion this entire episode! Especially when he made light of the fact that Red can never go home. I hope a whalesquid Hideauze eats him!)
Nevertheless, like a good soldier, he is still willing to carry out his duty to take out the Earth Hideauze even if he knows that it will most likely be suicide. He is the only one who understands the Hideauze and he will not allow them to do to the people of Earth, what they did to the Galactic Alliance. He will fight them until the end.

I think this was a good episode and served to express the fact that change is on the horizon for everyone and that you can either accept it or get run over by it. Change will come whether you want it or not, whether you are ready for it or not.

I give this episode a 8/10.
IreneshardaMay 26, 2013 2:10 PM
May 26, 2013 2:06 PM

Dec 2009
Fai said:

Marow said:

I'm talking about between the characters in the series. They all go "woo woo Ledo stop it" despite him saying it's the enemy of humanity. It's like they don't care.

May 26, 2013 2:10 PM

Apr 2009
Awwww noooooo what'll happen to my Amy/Ledo? D:
May 26, 2013 2:20 PM

Jul 2007
Marow said:
Fai said:

Marow said:

I'm talking about between the characters in the series. They all go "woo woo Ledo stop it" despite him saying it's the enemy of humanity. It's like they don't care.

I was talking about Pinion. Its a personal vendetta for him. The implications have been that his brother ventured to whalesquid territory and died soon after returning.

AS for crew. well, Because FOR THEM its not the enemy of humanity.

They did not live the life Ledo lived(and most likely most of it was fake propaganda hiding a pointless genocide of otherwise harmless creatures humanity themselves created) and for them whalesquids is normal; part of life.

How would you react if some weirdo came into your room and started shouting that your goldfishes will eradicate humanity?
May 26, 2013 2:23 PM

Jun 2008
So sad :(. Excellent, excellent episode though. Really emotional, lot of stuff going on with a number of the characters.

Look forward to Ledo killing all sorts of whalesquids next episode, intriguing what will happen from there on out.
May 26, 2013 2:24 PM

Jul 2012
booooooooriiiiiiiing
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
May 26, 2013 2:26 PM

Aug 2011
So...... what happened?
May 26, 2013 2:26 PM

Apr 2013
Meh I don't know.. I can't seem to get sad or attached to any character of a 1-cour anime.. Even tho the events might be sad, I haven't felt affected at all while watching them. That doesn't make this episode bad, but my emotions were pretty neutral through out the 20 minutes.
May 26, 2013 2:27 PM

Dec 2009
Fai said:

How would you react if some weirdo came into your room and started shouting that your goldfishes will eradicate humanity?

I'd try to listen and understand.

May 26, 2013 2:34 PM
Aug 2011
Marow said:
They all go "woo woo Ledo stop it" despite him saying it's the enemy of humanity. It's like they don't care.

I didn't want anyone to die, now I'm hoping the Hideauze do actually kill the lot of them.
That's what they get for not listening.
Granted that life on Gargantia moves differently from what Ledo is used to but they aren't even taking an ounce of precaution.

Fai said:

If my goldfish were the size of a whale i'd be inclined to listen.
standMay 26, 2013 2:38 PM
May 26, 2013 2:43 PM

Nov 2012
parfaited said:
Marow said:
They all go "woo woo Ledo stop it" despite him saying it's the enemy of humanity. It's like they don't care.

I didn't want anyone to die, now I'm hoping the Hideauze do actually kill the lot of them.
Granted that life on Gargantia moves differently from what Ledo is used to but they aren't even taking an ounce of precaution.

Fai said:

And blackmailing you. I'd be pretty concerned by then.
May 26, 2013 2:51 PM
May 2013
Marow said:
Fai said:

Yeah right, now you`re talking. Sorry if its sounds rude and my grammar sounds bad, but its not working like that. In fact every normal person would react WTF man? How can my fishes be threat to anyone, I live with them in symbiosis and they didn`t try hurt me or anybody so far. Disbelive goes first. I knew that people will start complainin about characters. From last episode there was Ridget, now is Amy cause she cry for Ledo, who is all alone there and not for Melty, who seem to be rather enjoyed about it, plus she will be there with her grandpa, so not so lonely. Of course Amy was sad, but Melty lightened the mood, trying to change the subject on handsome boys. Also I think the pain from losing person, who you loved is greater than losing a friend (well , at least in my experience. I`ve always had feeling that we may see eachother someday with my friends, although to be separate from love I rather feel that we will never meet again and every moment whitout that person was like an years :'D). Sorry about my bad grammar, but I hope u will understand :').
May 26, 2013 2:55 PM

Apr 2008
Colascka said:
Marow said:
Fai said:

Yeah right, now you`re talking. Sorry if its sounds rude and my grammar sounds bad, but its not working like that. In fact every normal person would react WTF man? How can my fishes be threat to anyone, I live with them in symbiosis and they didn`t try hurt me or anybody so far. Disbelive goes first. I knew that people will start complainin about characters. From last episode there was Ridget, now is Amy cause she cry for Ledo, who is all alone there and not for Melty, who seem to be rather enjoyed about it, plus she will be there with her grandpa, so not so lonely. Of course Amy was sad, but Melty lightened the mood, trying to change the subject on handsome boys. Also I think the pain from losing person, who you loved is greater than losing a friend (well , at least in my experience. I`ve always had feeling that we may see eachother someday with my friends, although to be separate from love I rather feel that we will never meet again and every moment whitout that person was like an years :'D). Sorry about my bad grammar, but I hope u will understand :').

If they didn't try to hurt them ever then why do the people FEAR harming them. There had to have been an incident when they tried to harm or accidentally killed one and the rebuttal had to have been terrible if they became a sacred beast.
May 26, 2013 2:55 PM

Jul 2007
parfaited said:
Marow said:

Fai said:

So what you are saying is...

we should hunt down all elephants, whales, dolphins, squids, hippos and other animals of that size then?

Because despite co-habituating for gods know how long, some weirdo's from outer space words hold far more value than our entire history?

Darklight0303 said:
Colascka said:
Marow said:
Fai said:

If they didn't try to hurt them ever then why do the people FEAR harming them. There had to have been an incident when they tried to harm or accidentally killed one and the rebuttal had to have been terrible if they became a sacred beast.

In hinduism, cows are holy. Go figure.

Also yes, every life form in the world has a defensive mechanism.

And there are tribes and societies who worship various animals for various reasons. Why? because human rationalisation, that's why.

For everything and anything, whalesquids are no more dangerous than sharks, bears, wolves...or humans.
May 26, 2013 3:00 PM

Apr 2013
such a sad episode.. still really good i hope things turn out to be happier next episode
May 26, 2013 3:01 PM

Jan 2012
Ah finally the fated death, even though UroButcher isn't writing much of this I'm not surprised, it was really sad too. The fracturing of the fleet followed and the drama was rather well done. I know what they will find under sea as I saw the art from the official site, I wonder what it all means though, is it an ancient civilization like Atlantis from myths?

Looking forward to the next episode anyway and Amy was so cute as always 4/5
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jun 30, 2013

499 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Jun 23, 2013

340 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2013

261 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2013

344 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2013

667 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.