Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Initial D
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 19, 2013 10:10 PM

Sep 2008
What? it's over?
Jul 21, 2013 10:14 PM
Jan 2008
You'll telling me 5 seasons of initial D covered freaking 700 chapters of manga? the hell
Jul 22, 2013 1:57 AM

Sep 2008
Just finished watching this... i cant even know how they can finish the season like this, now im angry xD hope they announce a movie or something fast.
Jul 23, 2013 6:13 AM
Dec 2008
PhoenixIce said:
You'll telling me 5 seasons of initial D covered freaking 700 chapters of manga? the hell

There will be a movie next year and they talked about an anime as well. So cheer up.
Jul 27, 2013 3:26 AM
Jan 2008
Heibi said:
PhoenixIce said:

There will be a movie next year and they talked about an anime as well. So cheer up.

If it's a movie then we can expect it to be on dvd 2015
Jul 27, 2013 9:56 AM
Dec 2008
PhoenixIce said:
Heibi said:
PhoenixIce said:

If it's a movie then we can expect it to be on dvd 2015

Umm, the DVds for the latest series came out 1 month after airing. The Japanese aren't like the American film industry. The show it and then get it out there on DVD/Blu-ray quickly.
Aug 6, 2013 2:34 PM

Nov 2011
6/10. So it's going to be Shinji vs. Takumi huh? I always knew that kid had something going on. I'll look forward to it. Cya at Final Stage!
Aug 15, 2013 1:48 PM

Nov 2010
That monk comment was hilarious
I guess there will be another OVA season to cover the end of Takumi's race and on
Oct 30, 2013 12:42 PM

Oct 2009
I agree this season had too much talking and less racing :( but this was superb, Keisuke's growth was done brilliantly! GAHHHH another half a year for the finale?!! >.<!!!!!!!!!

7.8/10
Dec 21, 2013 11:32 AM

Oct 2010
Finally saw it and i really dont care about Shinji at all. It seems like poor writing to me.
Apr 30, 2014 10:39 AM

Apr 2011
The race was great. I could feel the excitement on that battle.

I agree about too much talking and less racing. Still great thought. Sucks they gave us a darn cliffhanger.
Oct 24, 2014 10:10 PM

Jun 2014
Not a bad anime slowly getting less interesting tho
feel free to check out my list and message me recommendations :)
Mar 12, 2015 2:04 AM

Aug 2014
I agree that the constant taking takes away from the races but in this season there was a lot of development for the Takeshi bros so 8/10 for me :)
Apr 16, 2015 6:23 PM

Mar 2012
Worst season imo. Character designs got a complete downgrade, most of the races were short and lackluster compared to the previous seasons and don't even get me started on the whole shinigami fiasco. Just made me want to rewatch the previous stages instead : /
May 29, 2015 5:00 PM

Jan 2015
Avenger-senpai said:
Worst season imo.

Agree on that.

Shinji going for much older women, just shows how messed up in the head he is :p
Sep 5, 2015 10:25 PM
Sep 2015
you must all be a bunch of white folks that don't get eastern culture much, i'm not japanese and even i get it, yes it could of had a little less talking but if all you idiots want is all action then go watch some american garbage like "fast and furious"

9/10 in quality for FIFTH STAGE, drama was amazing and the message is touching, unlike western movies that all about sluts waving a scarf to count down a bunch of jocks revving their engine that have ZERO clue about driving physics and just put their foot on the gas and hit the nos if they are losing. It hit all the desires spots of an anime, in teaching you to believe in yourself, follow your dreams, and never giving up
HapHazrD said:
Avenger-senpai said:
Worst season imo.

Agree on that.

Shinji going for much older women, just shows how messed up in the head he is :p

thats westerners for you, excepting poofs into society where its ok for two men to be together two women to be together, but the biggest problem you have is an AGE GAP?? whats wrong with shinji liking older women? great anime and i am so excited for the cliff hanger to come, i want an initial D sixth stage...unlike american tv shows, sequels in anime don't lose quality :)
Sep 18, 2015 8:17 AM
Dec 2009
Wow, talk about a cliffhanger! I was really thinking we'd see Takumi's race in this season, but no :( That didn't feel like the end at all.

This season had a lot of ups and downs for me but I think I liked the middle episodes best (6~9). I will remember that crazy race in the fog every time I find myself driving in fog now. Loved the setting of Hakone for this season too, since Kanagawa is close to my heart.
May 23, 2016 4:15 PM

May 2012
Oh boy that cliffhanger ending of this season! Really impressive, looking really forward to the next and final season! But I do got to say that this was one of the better season combining backstory/romance with greatly intense races!

All an in all a great season, let's see what's next!
Dec 5, 2016 5:12 PM
Feb 2015
the cliffhanger lol.... good thing last season is out
Jan 15, 2018 1:44 AM

Aug 2017
This episode made me beyond mad you don't just pull a new takumi and try to capture the magic of the first two seasons fuck that annoying shit. shitty OST and talking completely ruined Keisuke's final uphill race. 5/10
Where are your papers?
Feb 12, 2018 7:09 PM

Feb 2013
They really did split Takumi's race into next season...

At the very least Keisuke's race got exciting once the pace picked up.

6/10 (above average)
Not as good as 4th stage.
Sep 16, 2018 4:40 PM

Sep 2011
The last bit of the race was cool I guess, Keisuke and his car are cool after all, but my favorite part was the talk between Mako, Sayuki and Shinji, to think that an innocent crush would fire him up! I loved how Mako was moved to tears too, it happens to me with the stuff I like so I can relate! And I thought that Shinji was just going to run away without saying that he was going to race against Takumi, but I'm glad he didn't.

But the poor boy is about to be crushed, after all, just like all the other races before this one, the protagonist is going to win, and this time at least it would be silly to expect him to lose since it's against someone with less experience, and a car that is, at most, on the same level. Even if he's a genius, Takumi is also one, and with plot armor too, but this talk is pointless so I will stop here. I can't wait to hear the duo of losers, and probably some side characters too, saying that Takumi is going to lose just for Itsuki to defend him before he wins in the end, just like it just happened in Keisuke's race, I just LOVE this pattern that has NEVER been used!!! I laughed out loud when the sub for the "katta" the loser duo + Itsuki said was "we won", just lol, I guess this is the only way they can "win" something. And it's finally time for the Final Stage.
Sep 30, 2018 8:43 AM

Dec 2014
Keisuke's race was great.

I don't really like Shinji all that much, his character just seems so outta nowhere and he's basically meant to be Takumi from the start of the series, not really understanding the fun of driving while driving an 86 and then he gets a crush on Mako which changes his mind about driving? I don't know, just feels a little forced but nevertheless good season overall.

7/10
Lelouch0202Oct 13, 2018 12:26 PM
Jun 22, 2019 5:12 PM
Apr 2016
The talk between Mako, Sayuki and Shinji was great, seems like Shinji got motivated by them-- by Mako alone to be precise, and so, he will compete, he made up his mind, he's adamant about it now. The race got rather fiery at the end, racing with everything he has, disregarding his potential crash. So, time for the finale.
Apr 6, 2020 3:43 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Not as good as the previous seasons but it was still good 7/10 last stage seems very interesting I definitely need to watch it
Nov 8, 2020 12:05 PM

Oct 2013
NSX lost, but this race was outstanding! Very pleasant to watch and accompanied with cool music. Both drivers showed incredible skill. Too bad that the car that was perfectly tuned for certain route had to lose because of a skid.

So Shinji in the end decided to participate. Good that such a pretty girl like Mako was nearby, lol. She surely motivated him.

This season had some boring or weak moments, and battles could last longer, however it was still an awesome anime and of course a decent Initial D's Stage. Races were very entertaining and I liked new characters that were introduced in this Stage. I liked how we had a lot of scenes that enriched the plot directly and presented some character development.

In short, this Stage was good. Worse than 1st and 2nd, but still good and enjoyable with its own unique charm.
AdnashNov 8, 2020 12:24 PM
Dec 11, 2020 10:48 AM

May 2018
Great end to the battle! Keisuke has become amazing since his first appearance on First Stage, wowee
Feb 8, 2021 8:43 PM

Aug 2018
Lol Mako went and motivated Shinji, Now its gonna be a bit harder for Takumi.
Cant wait to watch the final race!!!

May 12, 2021 4:44 AM

Jul 2010
I really wanted Hojo to win this. Basically all of Keisuke's battles went like "Our opponent is super good, but Keisuke is better". Boring stuff.
May 18, 2021 3:00 AM

Aug 2018
Damn, where did they get this kid and is his 86 even modified , because theres no way at this stage of series would you race against Takumi himself in regular 86 and expect engine not to be pushed to a limit

Looks like we will see it all play out in a finale
May 26, 2021 9:42 AM

Sep 2014
Huh thats it? Certainly the weakest entry for Initial D so far. All the stuff on the side just stopped, only Takumi still has a relationship. Mako reappeared but had no interaction with the gang. Keisukes chick wasnt even there lol. Always same cycle of dumb comments which dont even make sense most of the time. Races got very boring.. Not enough eurobeat and somehow the art looks legitely worse than it did 15 years prior, aside from the car CGI that was fine.

The highlight of the season was certainly the GTR race but that was also a bit unnecessary, never before did we see anything like that about Ryosuke, so why now?

Initial D really gets worse with every season, atleast since stage 3. I hope the final stage wont be even worse.

PS: I thought for sure Takumis final race would be against Bunta. I like how Initial D always tricks me into thinking it will follow classic storytelling and then just doesnt. But against a kid? The similarities between old Takumi and Shinji are obvious, but there was no build up for the kid at all. Very anticlimactic. We already had our battle of 86s anyway..
Besides a race against his dad, a rematch against Keisuke would be fitting. They have been talking about that rivalry forever now..

Get in the damn car Shinji!
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 12, 2021 2:10 PM

Nov 2016
Shinji about to show Mako what Initial D is really all about.

This season was dope again, but from what I remember still not quite as intense as 4th Stage.

7,5/10

At least the cliffhanger game is stronger.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 28, 2022 5:10 AM

Jul 2021
The intensity of race, the thrill, excitement could be felt in the final race and also in all the races of this season. This season was on-par with first stage. Enjoyed it a lot. I'm gonna rate fifth stage 10/10. Looking forward to see how final stage ends.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Mar 1, 2022 12:25 AM

Jan 2021
The final stage is 4 episodes it’s gonna be intense

Jun 23, 2022 7:15 PM

Oct 2015
It's official... Keisuke is the best ever. His last hillclimb duel with Gou was awesome, if it wasn't for Gou's accidental swerving then it would've been an epic showdown fit for the finale. I am so upset by outcome since I was having lots of fun watching Gou enjoying the course for the first time, too damn bad they had to cut off such a beautiful display.

Strictly speaking, this season wasn't that top-tier. I was expecting more but ended up having the same course meal I had from the previous season. For a region with the best racers, Kanagawa wasn't what I expected, to be blunt I was left despondent by the repetition of outcome. Most of Project D's opponents had either malfunctions or either just suck.

Then comes the romance part, I still wonder why the series continues with them because it doesn't seem to be pleased by it. I feel like it's there as a filler rather than to advance any progression for whatsoever. I love that Takumi had moved on, Mika is a great character, her and him had some chemistry. However, it still felt stumbled a bit, and didnt feel natural, they made it obvious the first moment they met where it was going. Although abruptly done, the feud between Rin and Ryosuke had to be a little worthwhile, despite not advancing the entire whole plot.
lihle808Jun 23, 2022 7:33 PM
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 27, 2023 5:33 AM

Apr 2022
keisuke vs NSX race was so good. kinda unexpected that it's the final race of this stage but they had fun. i thought takumi's opponent in the final stage would be someone more interesting, welp.

but this season was definitely better than the fourth stage. the animation was better than ever with the best cgi i've seen in anime so far. not to mention, always EUROBEAT and a solid cliffhanger ending, 9/10.
Feb 24, 2023 7:32 PM

Jun 2020
I think this line summarizes what I think "They've done so well that the outcome is meaningless" It is true that every battle that they had was somewhat exciting but it becomes predictable although some we're just luck and unexplainable I don't really think It changes the fact that the assurance they never lose is a heartstopper for suspense and development although both are still present at some point throught the series I just think that a bit of a taste of defeat can not be too bad but as the story goes it's a bit off to put one abruptly sure it worked for that time Takumi needed a new engine but that's that hopefully the final stage can be a bit more exciting in other ways even just the race all in all, eitherway been liking this series as a whole and made me piqued my interests about racing, cars, maneuvering etc the final stage better be one hell of a race.
Jul 18, 2023 6:27 PM

Oct 2021
Great battle, Keisuke looks like a true pro now.

Glad you found your motivation, Shinji. Can't deny that it is a strong one, lol.

Another awesome stage as always. Initial D is so freaking good gotta watch Last Stage asap.
Dec 11, 2023 1:03 AM
Oct 2017
So we end where we all started, with a kid who isn't sure if he is really interested in racing, but also has a special secret power that can let him win against the toughest opponents.

And yeah, I think the point of the whole episode was about how fun and great racing street racing is, the whole "outcome is meaningless" the guy mentioned said it all, they just did put all the passion in their driving.

I agree though that there was not enough eurobeat, Eurobeat use has been in decline on this show for a long while, and yeah the tracks pump you up and are fast and all that, but Eurobeat was what gave the show that magic touch, it was what made it feel really over the top, and why even when the story is still great, it will never be as good as the first stage, I will always miss my beloved Eurobeat.
Dec 27, 2023 12:22 PM
Oct 2023
[supposed to be removed]
KOningNoviPoesDec 31, 2023 4:58 PM
Dec 27, 2023 12:23 PM
Oct 2023
kept me on the edge of my seat during the races!
KOningNoviPoesDec 31, 2023 5:00 PM
Mar 29, 4:43 PM
Downhill Ace

Oct 2020
Ending was hype. Glad Gou finally started to have fun and enjoy the race, I'm sure even tho he lost he has no regrets now. Wish there had been more eurobeat but that's okay. Good to see that Shinji found his motivation, this final race between him and Takumi is gonna be insane. Now that Keisuke has finished his part with a legendary performance, it's cool to see Takumi wrap up his part against someone who is a mirror image of himself only a year or so prior. Keisuke beating Gou and his NSX cements Keisuke as a street racing legend, now it's Takumi's turn. Final stage is gonna be legendary!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Initial D Fifth Stage Episode 7 Discussion

dragoon20005 - Feb 12, 2013

27 by BekoX12 »»
Yesterday, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Initial D Fifth Stage Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Nov 9, 2012

53 by FutureWolf07 »»
Apr 11, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Initial D Fifth Stage Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Nov 4, 2012

109 by Matheus050 »»
Feb 13, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Initial D Fifth Stage Episode 9 Discussion

Nymphetamine2791 - Mar 12, 2013

29 by Phixiately »»
Dec 5, 2023 12:08 AM

Poll: » Initial D Fifth Stage Episode 6 Discussion

dragoon20005 - Jan 15, 2013

25 by shinjipiny »»
Nov 28, 2023 4:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.