Forum Settings
Forums

Second Season of 'Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!' Announced

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 8, 2013 11:43 AM

Feb 2012
MOAR DEKOMORI!!

Awesome news. Sadly this probably wont air until next year, but atleast it's something to look forward to!
May 8, 2013 11:46 AM

Dec 2009
Was it necessary?
Haven't read the light novel yet (only two chapters or so, actually) so I'm not sure how to feel.
May 8, 2013 11:48 AM

Jul 2008
KyoAni is doing a lot lately. They used to only have like a show every other season. Lately it has been like Hyouka-->Chuunibyou--->Tamako---XXX--->Free! and we have two more in the works.
Nov 2010
I should be happy, loved the first season... But I hope the continuation doesnt change the direction. The thing I liked the most in S1 was the aspect of being true to who you are, even if other people dont like it, and I dont see how that will continue in S2? Also, the eternal horizon plot will not be possible either, soooo...

Yeah, I just have to wait and hope KyoAni doesnt fuck it up :D

Jun 2012
I hope the show leans more toward comedy instead of drama. I liked the beginning but I wasn't a huge fan of the last few episodes.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
May 8, 2013 11:50 AM

Sep 2012
Maybe they'll actually do something with the romance this time.

I loved and hated the first season, so I will watch this as well. Hopefully I'll like it better!
May 8, 2013 11:51 AM
Jul 2018
I'm happy!! I really love this anime
May 8, 2013 12:02 PM

Feb 2013
Fuck yes, I feel so excited, can't wait for this!!
May 8, 2013 12:08 PM

Sep 2011
This feels uneeded, i thought the first series wrapped up well but i cant see any benefit from continuing it other than just milking whats already been done.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 8, 2013 12:10 PM

Jul 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
This feels uneeded, i thought the first series wrapped up well but i cant see any benefit from continuing it other than just milking whats already been done.

Pretty much. Plus they've already done the source material in by not following it properly. Not saying this is necessarily a BAD thing, but I don't know how much there's left to cover in the novels and KyoAni isn't that great at writing original storylines/scripts.

Right now, I'm expecting lots of moe, moe comedy, more Nibutani and Sanae (hopefully), and some badly done drama.
May 8, 2013 12:13 PM

Apr 2013
Definitely ended but still excited.
May 8, 2013 12:14 PM

Jul 2012
jmal said:
ihateeveryone said:
Plus they've already done the source material in by not following it properly.

But since they intended to write a mostly original story with it from the beginning I don't think not following the novel makes it improper. I'd say an improper following of source material would be in a case where following the source was the goal, but it was just done badly.

I know, I edited my post to clarify it. How there's not much material left and I don't believe they're that good at writing their own scripts.
May 8, 2013 12:15 PM

Dec 2012
ihateeveryone said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

Pretty much. Plus they've already done the source material in by not following it properly. Not saying this is necessarily a BAD thing, but I don't know how much there's left to cover in the novels and KyoAni isn't that great at writing original storylines/scripts.

Right now, I'm expecting lots of moe, moe comedy, more Nibutani and Sanae (hopefully), and some badly done drama.

I thought it was 2 volumes and the first season adapted the first volume .-. .
May 8, 2013 12:17 PM

Sep 2012
ihateeveryone said:
I know, I edited my post to clarify it. How there's not much material left and I don't believe they're that good at writing their own scripts.
Actually as they did not follow the novel, shouldn't it mean there is more material left for adaptation?

Also, since the story is almost entirely original besides some character settings, shouldn't the success of Chuunibyou a reasonable proof that KyoAni is not bad at writing their own scripts?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
May 8, 2013 12:19 PM

Sep 2012
tsudecimo said:
I thought it was 2 volumes and the first season adapted the first volume .-. .
Well, 2 of the 4 main characters are not in the novel so it is hard to say any part of the novel is adapted. At most it may be like "inspired". And from what I read, even in the first volume the relation between Rikka and Shota got intimate really fast which is not what happens in the anime.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
May 8, 2013 12:20 PM

Jul 2012
symbv said:
ihateeveryone said:
Actually as they did not follow the novel, shouldn't it mean there is more material left for adaptation?

Also, since the story is almost entirely original besides some character settings, shouldn't the success of Chuunibyou a reasonable proof that KyoAni is not bad at writing their own scripts?

Well, if you stray too far away from a novels own plot points and characterization, adapting it becomes awkward. Again, I'm not entirely sure how much exactly they adapted so I guess this is an interpretation in a way.

Success /=/ good scripting. Nichijou had an excellent and quirky storyline and script and it flopped. Chuunibyou's drama fell flat and wasn't built up very well at all throughout the course of the story, and in the end it all seemed force, with plot device Kumin coming in to help save the day. Just because it's successful does not mean it's well written.
May 8, 2013 12:30 PM

Jun 2011
symbv said:
ihateeveryone said:

We've seen the whole success doesn't equal quality think a million times with American cinema (TDKR, Transformers, and many others), video games (CoD, sports games, and more), and even anime (SAO and such). Unless you mean they are good at making an appealing script for fans. Then KyoAni are pros at doing that a majority of the time.
May 8, 2013 12:30 PM

Jun 2008
I do want a second season, but i don't know how they will pull it of.
May 8, 2013 12:31 PM

Sep 2012
ihateeveryone said:
Well, if you stray too far away from a novels own plot points and characterization, adapting it becomes awkward. Again, I'm not entirely sure how much exactly they adapted so I guess this is an interpretation in a way.
Well, what I see is that if the anime took only little from the novel, there could be ideas in the novel that can find their way into the anime. This is why I think it may mean more material for adaptation. Such ideas do not really need to be followed strictly as in the novel, so it may be not that awkward to adapt.

ihateeveryone said:
Success /=/ good scripting. Nichijou had an excellent and quirky storyline and script and it flopped. Chuunibyou's drama fell flat and wasn't built up very well at all throughout the course of the story, and in the end it all seemed force, with plot device Kumin coming in to help save the day. Just because it's successful does not mean it's well written.
Well, that falls into the territory of what your personal opinion is about the quality of the script. When you said "KyoAni is not good at writing their own scripts", if you mean to say KyoAni is not good at writing their own scripts that you find excellent, then I don't have any reason to object. As I understood your words of "being good at" as meaning writing in such a way that delivers success for the anime, so I believe that in Chu2byo's case there is enough proof that KyoAni can indeed write their own script well enough to make the anime a success.
symbvMay 8, 2013 12:40 PM

May 8, 2013 12:33 PM

Sep 2012
OMG! No! My body is still not ready! I'll die out of too much joy!
May 8, 2013 12:35 PM

Dec 2012
ihateeveryone said:
symbv said:
ihateeveryone said:

I am gonna go ahead and be caption obvious here and say that your opinion =/= fact.
May 8, 2013 12:35 PM

Jan 2012
Chuunibyou is one of the rare examples where adaptation is far mores superior to source material. First season was great. Loved funny and melodramatic scenes. It was emotionally astonishing. It felt kind a short, so I am looking forward for more episodes.
May 8, 2013 12:36 PM

Sep 2012
IllegalCyrus said:
We've seen the whole success doesn't equal quality think a million times with American cinema (TDKR, Transformers, and many others), video games (CoD, sports games, and more), and even anime (SAO and such). Unless you mean they are good at making an appealing script for fans. Then KyoAni are pros at doing that a majority of the time.
It all depends on what "good at writing their own scripts" means, right? For me, if I heard someone says an author is good at writing novels, I would imagine that those novels must have gathered some success. Of course it could be popularity with critics or popularity with readers (which means good sales) but I guess it is not wrong to think that if either one is true then the statement "is good at writing" is true.

May 8, 2013 12:36 PM

Aug 2011
Yaaaaaaaaaayyyy more Rikka and Yuuta >/////<

Anyways, what interests me more is (probably not even relevant but anyways) how KyoAni announces this just a couple of weeks after announcing Free! when Japan's KyoAni fans had a really bad reaction. How are they reacting to this (probably well, right?)? I just feel like this is a sort of assurance that their fans won't go away, kind of thing. Idk. Technically though, there was a hint before Free! was announced, but they made it official after Free! was made official. Anyways. Those are just my speculations.

Excited for Chuu2byou season 2, while it's not my favourite anime in the world, it was enjoyable.
May 8, 2013 12:40 PM

May 2010
YES!
Btw I had liked Chuu2Byo entry on facebook and heard about it before it was on the MAL, but didn't believe it :D

Great series, I hope for less drama (which was the worst part of this anime) but for more comedy and Sanae-chan's DEATH :D
May 8, 2013 12:42 PM

Sep 2011
symbv said:
ihateeveryone said:

to be honest Chuunibyou was the first time i felt kyo ani did a decent job writing a original story, and it benifited from introducing new characters throughout and exploring them, a 2nd season wont have that and to me this seems like this will ruin one of the few things i think kyo ani has done right these past 5 years

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 8, 2013 12:46 PM

Jul 2012
tsudecimo said:
ihateeveryone said:
symbv said:
ihateeveryone said:

I am gonna go ahead and be caption obvious here and say that your opinion =/= fact.

Because I'm totally saying that my opinion is fact, right? Or do I need to add "imo" after every sentence to not offend anyone?
ihateeveryoneMay 8, 2013 12:52 PM
May 8, 2013 12:47 PM

Jul 2012
jmal said:
ihateeveryone said:

It's hard to even call it an adaptation. More like they took the framework of the characters and their personalities (heck not even that much of the time), plus some basic plot points, and wrote a new story. The rules of adaptations apply only loosely here. I don't think they'll need to make drastic changes to steer the anime back in the direction of the novels, if that's what you mean. Ending the stories the same way isn't the goal.

Just because it's successful does not mean it's well written.

I thought it was very well written, if too hasty at the end. Wish it had maybe 2-3 more episodes, but I definitely loved the writing overall. This is a subjective thing.

Hmm, I can see your point with the novels then, so I'll drop that element, though, imo I still believe that it wasn't very well done. I can both understand and respect if other people loved it, it's just that I personally didn't and I stated my own reasons why.
May 8, 2013 12:50 PM

Sep 2011
jmal said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
benifited from introducing new characters throughout and exploring them, a 2nd season wont have that

How do you know it won't have new characters?
I'm not saying there wont be new characters, the first season introduce a entirely fresh cast cause it was a start, they even explored every character except the chick that slept all the time so we already have met and explored these characters through and through

If they add new plot points to their backstory and such it will just be forced cause we already know what we need to, its conclusive. New characters and what not also fall into the forced part, this is a series that needed no continuation and i think even the ova special they are gonna release is on the forced side too.

I can guarantee you this next season is going to have some really forced drama thats not impactful and in much less quantity, not that much character depth, and a higher reliance on comedy and moe situations. The worst but likley outcome is they may horseshoe in a love triangle somehow since the romance like the rest of the show was already done, if that happens you can expect 100% of the drama will go to that and love triangle drama is some of the worst out there

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

May 8, 2013 12:51 PM

Jul 2012
symbv said:
ihateeveryone said:
Well, that falls into the territory of what your personal opinion is about the quality of the script. When you said "KyoAni is not good at writing their own scripts", if you mean to say KyoAni is not good at writing their own scripts that you find excellent, then I don't have any reason to object. As I understood your words of "being good at" as meaning writing in such a way that delivers success for the anime, so I believe that in Chu2byo's case there is enough proof that KyoAni can indeed write their own script well enough to make the anime a success.

I'm already dropping the whole novel argument, since that was a misinformed one on my part.
I believe you misinterpreted my words then, or perhaps I said it wrong. I didn't mean it as they can't write scripts in a way that makes the anime not successful. The way it was written, however, wasn't very well done in my own eyes, and again, I can see why others would've enjoyed it and I understand why it was so successful. However, to me, imo, it felt very sloppy and a good number of the characters felt undercharacterized. I'm not saying that my opinion on this equals to the success of the show itself though. It's just that -- my own thoughts.

That's why I'm not screaming for joy at this announcement.
May 8, 2013 12:56 PM

Apr 2012
Oh yes... Dark Flame Master...
May 8, 2013 12:59 PM

Jul 2012
jmal said:
ihateeveryone said:
Because I'm totally saying that my opinion is fact, right? Or do I need to add "imo" after every sentence to not offend anyone?

I think what he was responding to was the "Just because it sells [well/badly] doesn't mean it's [well/badly] [written/directed/etc]." line. Depending on how you read it, it can seem like there's an unspoken "...and the fact that this is badly written proves it!" at the end.

So I know what you mean is "the fact that it sells doesn't mean I need to think it has good writing", not that it "objectively" has bad writing. But a lot of people do use it to mean the latter so it gets interpreted as such, often. ::shrugs::

Hm, I guess I'll just have to better word my posts then.
May 8, 2013 1:03 PM

Sep 2012
ihateeveryone said:
Well, you already see how your words of "KyoAni are not good at writing their own scripts" can be interpreted in several ways. I am not sure how the mere addition of "imo" just before those words help narrow down the different interpretations. Perhaps some rephrasing would help? In fact what you said in one later post, that "the way KyoAni write original scripts is not very well done in my own eyes" is unambiguous.

Anyway, just want to come clean on my stance about the script thing. Actually personally I am also not that impressed with the script writing of Chu2byo, for reasons that match yours and reasons that are different. It is just that I would not say "KyoAni are not good at writing their own scripts" just because of that.

May 8, 2013 1:16 PM
Aug 2011
Oh yeah! I love Chuunibyou.

People who aren't excited about this should go acquire some taste or something. :3
May 8, 2013 1:17 PM

Feb 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

I can guarantee you this next season is going to have some really forced drama thats not impactful and in much less quantity, not that much character depth, and a higher reliance on comedy and moe situations. The worst but likley outcome is they may horseshoe in a love triangle somehow since the romance like the rest of the show was already done, if that happens you can expect 100% of the drama will go to that and love triangle drama is some of the worst out there
Damn, you've seen it already? Or are you a psychic?

Can I have lotto #'s? Thanks!
May 8, 2013 1:26 PM

Sep 2011
Yay!

Hoping for more Nibutani this time around
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
May 8, 2013 1:28 PM

Aug 2012
Definitely okay with this. Not sure what to expect plotwise but since it's coming from source material I will trust KyoAni. Even if this part of the LN is lackluster I think they'll at least pull off some good comedy decent drama.
May 8, 2013 1:49 PM
Mar 2010
Huh well would you look at that. I don't really know what to say about this.
May 8, 2013 1:49 PM

Jul 2010
Me wants more Touka and Kumin :D
May 8, 2013 1:50 PM

Dec 2012
Yay more Chunnibyou! C:

Can't wait to see more Rikka and Yuuta!

My only concern is, what is the plot going to be this time around? I mean they already resolved the issue of Rikka being a chuunibyou and all.... however, I'm still excited at this information ;D
May 8, 2013 2:00 PM

Sep 2012
Seems like there will be more plot in the second season if I can trust peoples reading the novel so...

It's a good thing. I'm ready.
May 8, 2013 2:03 PM

Nov 2012
First season pretty much fucked up with the shitty drama, loved the comedy and the characters, will watch hoping that it'll be better than the first.
May 8, 2013 2:06 PM

Jan 2013
Wow, cant wait to see what happens in this new season considering that the main problem was kind of solved.
May 8, 2013 2:15 PM

Sep 2010
I loved the first season so I'm really looking forward to this. Now maybe the KyoAni otaku will shut up about Free! and fanboy over Chuu- 2 getting another season.

KyoAni is my second favorite studio only thing I hated that came from them was Lucky Shit and the second season of Haruhi with that Endless Eight bullshit. I haven't seen K-On! or Nichijou to comment on those yet.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
May 8, 2013 2:34 PM

Sep 2011
Yvese said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

Damn, you've seen it already? Or are you a psychic?

Can I have lotto #'s? Thanks!

No he's probably read the second novel. IMHO it does NOT introduce a love triangle, instead it's an unrequited love. There is a big difference.
May 8, 2013 2:35 PM

Jan 2009
the first season already has a good ending... damn money ...
May 8, 2013 2:52 PM
Jan 2013
Not that bothered, Imo its overrated
May 8, 2013 2:53 PM

Sep 2012
I'm pretty excited for this
May 8, 2013 2:56 PM

Feb 2013
I'm the happiest person on earth
can't waiitttttttt

May 8, 2013 2:59 PM

Dec 2009
I hope it's more like the first half of season one instead of the second half.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 'Megami no Café Terrace Season 2' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - 9 hours ago

10 by misterreicchi »»
1 minute ago

» Smartphone Game 'Garena Free Fire' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - May 12

41 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
1 hour ago

» 'Ore wa Subete wo "Parry" suru' Unveils Additional Cast, Staff, Theme Songs

Nioxys - 10 hours ago

0 by Nioxys »»
10 hours ago

» Manga 'Kinoko Inu' Receives TV Anime in Fall 2024

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by Zedlin »»
11 hours ago

» Manga 'Kuroiwa Medaka ni Watashi no Kawaii ga Tsuujinai' Gets TV Anime

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

15 by Ramkec »»
Today, 6:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.