Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 5, 2013 1:01 PM

Dec 2012
I cringed a little at the beginning when I realized it was a fanservice episode, but thankfully they did it in a way that made it enjoyable while still having a bit of development.
May 5, 2013 1:01 PM

Dec 2011
Quite a relaxing episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2013 1:12 PM

Jan 2013
Loved it, beautiful animation.
May 5, 2013 1:13 PM

May 2012
Siraja said:
so much fanservice made me cry ;'(

I don't think anyone can complain about the hot girls man. Fanservice? It wasn't ecchi or anything. DON'T HATE!
May 5, 2013 1:14 PM

Jul 2012
After episode 1 everything started to go downhill for me and this was the worst, I just hope something interesting happens soon......
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Num1dad_Asura]
[/url]
Click Here for Sig source
May 5, 2013 1:29 PM

Dec 2010
Well those ships make a nice home for a lot of characters but this anime is getting boring. It has turned into a slice of life.
May 5, 2013 1:29 PM

Jun 2012
I see some people are complaining, I'm not sure what you were expecting this is not supposed to be all action.

One of the best "beach" episodes I have seen it wasn't ridiculous amounts of fanservice and it makes sense that after working in the heat all the time they want to take a break. It was also hilarious when Ledo was chased by.......I don't even want to say it.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

May 5, 2013 1:40 PM

Dec 2012
i thought it was real messed up how they used Chamber as a grill, but it was funny also.
May 5, 2013 1:41 PM

Oct 2012
Actually a nice episode, this will certainly hel me get though this week!
Seriously, sometimes all an anime need is some time of a deeper plot, and I'm sure next ep will be action filled!
"But there's nothing wrong to worrying. It's like a wall you need to overcome, to make it to the next level. If you're running up against that wall, it means you're moving forward. I wonder how many walls I've broken up until now, but if you wont move yourself, you will never get anywhere." - Aiko Muto

[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/PersonX&sclick=1]
May 5, 2013 1:42 PM
Apr 2012
AoiMizu said:
YumeNoMonogatari said:
Pknoctis said:
Perfect episode to balance out the intensity of Attack on Titan.

I had the same thought!

Third on that too...0,0 quiet intense scenario in there now, this series is perfect for relief from that bloody war.

Fourth on that. This episode got my mind off of that episode 5.
May 5, 2013 1:43 PM

Sep 2012
... and a juicy body

Run ledo run
May 5, 2013 1:49 PM

Jun 2009
Jesus, dem Ridgettes.

I don't mind the usual beach episode. At least they somehow had a reason to do it this time.
May 5, 2013 1:51 PM

May 2012
didnt really expect fan service in this series.... but i gotta say that party they had really made me hungry, lol.
May 5, 2013 1:52 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Strange to have such an episode in such a short series, but it was enjoyable nonetheless. I guess when Sh*t hits the fan, it'll make the contrast with the tranquil way of life on Gargantia more pronounced.

Loved seeing the most advanced and powerful piece of technology on the planet being reduced to a meat grill. "Why is this necessary?" LOL

Oh, and I though that lovely Bellows would be absolutely without peer in the "NAISU BODYY" department but damn Ridget has some amazing curves on her. The character designer did some good work here,
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 5, 2013 1:56 PM
Apr 2011
This series has a lot of fine-ass bitches. Much hentai needs to be made.
May 5, 2013 2:00 PM

Sep 2012
the girls are hot but the episode wasn't really interresting.
May 5, 2013 2:18 PM

Sep 2011
prosit said:
this was such a bad episode
yah but the transvestites chasing ledo made me smile at least

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 5, 2013 2:27 PM

Nov 2011
Aaaaaaaawwwwww... what a sweet episode! :)

1. That slimmer friend of Amy is really sexy, lovely character design!
2. Chamber used as ballast to make a "beach"
3. "Tin can, I just noticed that you're black." - Chamber BBQ
4. That glider race.

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
May 5, 2013 2:32 PM

Jul 2010
Great episode, really relaxing.
May 5, 2013 2:36 PM

Feb 2013
One of those episodes that had many moments with a hand over one eye and an expression half way between a grimace and a smirk. Still, at least there's a wide selection of boob sizes present to suit everyone's needs.

Also serious query, but when Amy was holding onto that rope while her plane boat thing was going around that tower, that would have fucking hurt due to the tension in the rope. Amy's stronger then she looks.
KoopsasMay 5, 2013 2:45 PM
May 5, 2013 2:40 PM
Dec 2011
Hmm, a little dissappointed, wasn't really expecting a swimsuit episode from this show. Oh well, I suppose it was still fun.
May 5, 2013 2:42 PM

Feb 2010
I like the "slice-of-life" elements... but not all the fanservice.

The trannies made me ROFL.

Still enjoyed it though... and as someone said before, it balanced the craziness of Titan.
(Even Hataraku Maou-sama got a little crazy/intense.)
May 5, 2013 2:52 PM

Dec 2009
I loved this episode. Gargantia makes me calm and feel wonderful. It's the perfect show if you want to relax. Plus I love the setting so much I'd love to visit the place.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

May 5, 2013 2:56 PM

Jul 2012
Oppai oppai oppai. Nothing more then fanservice.
May 5, 2013 3:06 PM

Sep 2008
I guess from now on I'll use this episode to point as a good example of how to do good fanservice episode. I enjoyed it. This show is so relaxing it's incredible. I don't know if it's the colors, atmosphere, characters or something else, but this show really hits the mark.

I love this show. 20 minutes of relaxing and enjoying the scenery.
May 5, 2013 3:13 PM

Mar 2012
When I started to realize that it was a beach episode and saw all the fanservice, I was just like, "Oh god, no..." But it was a surprisingly enjoyable episode. I actually quite liked the hang glider scene, and the atmosphere is still really nice. At least there were plenty of other elements and subtle bits of development to like beyond just a crapload of fanservice.
May 5, 2013 3:23 PM

Feb 2013
nina4life said:
This show is so relaxing it's incredible. I don't know if it's the colors, atmosphere, characters or something else, but this show really hits the mark.

I'd say it's the audio mostly, light orchestrated pieces really set the tone well and as you mentioned, the colours at play are really nice and vibrant which makes it very pleasing on the eye's, it's almost it's own form of escapism considering how grey the norm can be.

I kinda wish the show did something at this point though, it's almost half-way through the whole thing and nothing much has really happened when you look at the over arching story. I guess with the premise being what it is I went in expecting something on a larger scale, but so far it's more akin to say Usagi Drop then anything (guy having to get used to a difference life with the show focusing on all the little struggles of getting there). I kinda just fear that by the time the show get's back to focusing on the space war it's going to be to late to really do anything with it worthwhile.
May 5, 2013 3:34 PM

Dec 2007
I love how Amy was teaching Ledo how to swim.. :P and the "oneesans" chasing Ledo was pure win XD
May 5, 2013 4:09 PM

Nov 2011
Marow said:
I loved this episode. Gargantia makes me calm and feel wonderful. It's the perfect show if you want to relax. Plus I love the setting so much I'd love to visit the place.

They showed a lot of Gargantia in this episode and it looked like an amazing place.
May 5, 2013 4:11 PM

Oct 2012
Despite the fanservice I actually was able to enjoy this episode. It took a break from the serious for some laughs
May 5, 2013 4:15 PM

Dec 2012
neontaster said:
Marow said:

They showed a lot of Gargantia in this episode and it looked like an amazing place.
True dat, it's massive too
May 5, 2013 4:20 PM

Sep 2009
Eh...I could have done without this episode. I'm already watching other shows that sort of fill this category. I picked this show to hopefully fill the "serious" plot (or at least deeper plot) gap. It could still do that though....just needs to get the plot moving.
May 5, 2013 4:29 PM

Apr 2013
I thought it was a nice relaxing episode and i loved when pinion said "i never noticed before but your black chamber" couple minutes later chamber is lying down and pinion wont let him move and i realized hes gonna use him as a grill and as soon as ledo arrived and they had meat plastered all over chambers black parts i couldn't help but bust out laughing.
May 5, 2013 4:31 PM

Oct 2011
Calm and relaxing episode. Ledo and Chamber having a beach party with everyone. Ledo wants to help out. Lol @ those trannies chasing Ledo. Also Chamber incinerating the BBQ XD. Ledo is becoming more human. The calm before the storm scenario. Soon something horrifying will happen much later.
AnimeFan500May 6, 2013 6:00 AM
May 5, 2013 4:35 PM

Sep 2011
saxophone15 said:
Eh...I could have done without this episode. I'm already watching other shows that sort of fill this category. I picked this show to hopefully fill the "serious" plot (or at least deeper plot) gap. It could still do that though....just needs to get the plot moving.
i doubt it, this show seems to be going for more of the peacful story than anythign deep or really interesting, if you want somethign to fill your serious side you should just be watching shingeki or something cause i doubt this will fill it

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 5, 2013 4:35 PM
Jan 2008
Fucking abuse Chamber more
May 5, 2013 4:40 PM

Jan 2012
Lots of service for the men and the ladies this episode but it was still rather good. I have heard Gen is not writing this part and I really would be surprised if he is because it is way too warm for him. It will be pretty traumatic whenever he eventually takes the reins again I imagine, especially after such a soft and endearing warm up.
May 5, 2013 4:56 PM

Mar 2013
Sure it's all fun and games now, but soon enough, somebody's gonna lose their head out of nowhere and everybody who thought that it would be a peaceful show will be all like

o.O

:O

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Actually I hope that doesn't happen, but I'm fully prepared if it does...
May 5, 2013 4:57 PM

Apr 2013
I want something to happen!!!! I liked all the other episodes a lot and while Amy in a bikini was nice and all, god damn it if this is only 12 eps.

I want something to happen anything be it fighting, romance, whatever, anything please. I beg.
May 5, 2013 5:09 PM

Sep 2009
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
saxophone15 said:
i doubt it, this show seems to be going for more of the peacful story than anythign deep or really interesting, if you want somethign to fill your serious side you should just be watching shingeki or something cause i doubt this will fill it

Well it doesn't need to be super serious....just something to balance out the slew of comedies I usually watch. Shingeki looks more over the top than I care to watch at this point in time.
May 5, 2013 5:09 PM

Jan 2013
I always watch this series at the very last to close my weekend
At first glance, I thought that this series would have a lot of fighting and blood everywhere
But no, this series is very relaxing, heartwarming and extremely enjoyable.
I'm kind of glad it went this route.
However, I predict a sad ending, idk why but I just do
May 5, 2013 5:14 PM

Jan 2012
lol for this beach episode xD,

poor lil chamber xD
May 5, 2013 5:20 PM
Oct 2012
"Query: Why is this necessary?" Oh Chamber.

It seems that Production I.G. deliberately made this episode a breather one after the events of Shingeki no Kyojin. Although I don't like fanservice, that giant water fountain is enough to make me give a 5/5. That was beautiful. Complete with double rainbow all the way across the sky...
May 5, 2013 5:24 PM

Sep 2011
saxophone15 said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
saxophone15 said:

Well it doesn't need to be super serious....just something to balance out the slew of comedies I usually watch. Shingeki looks more over the top than I care to watch at this point in time.
hope i wont derail this thread but shingeki isnt over the top really, even the unrealistic things have a grounded reality like the jet things they use which people die from just using them alone let alone taking on the titans with it and they take alot of practice to prevent death. then there things like how fragile humans are in comparison to titans. Really try giving it a shot cause that show fills the serious void you need and even has a tad bit of comedy to it believe it or not

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

May 5, 2013 5:25 PM

Jan 2010
A "beach" episode... on the 5th installment of a 12-ep series that's not going ANYWHERE. Fanservice? Really? How about a story?

By now we should have seen a lot more of Ledo's life in space as a soldier. So far there is very little to show the contrast against his current situation. Not to mention that nothing interesting is happening. The trannies chasing him should have made me laugh... and yet, it didn't. :(

I smell SAO and Yozakura quartet all over again...
"Seize the time, Meribor - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard.
May 5, 2013 5:31 PM

Mar 2012
Archie74 said:
A "beach" episode... on the 5th installment of a 12-ep series that's not going ANYWHERE. Fanservice? Really? How about a story?

By now we should have seen a lot more of Ledo's life in space as a soldier. So far there is very little to show the contrast against his current situation. Not to mention that nothing interesting is happening. The trannies chasing him should have made me laugh... and yet, it didn't. :(

I smell SAO and Yozakura quartet all over again...

Character > Story

There is one thing I will give Gargantia over a lot of your typical "beach episode" animes. This one was a little more unique in how things operate. For one, they actually had to have Chamber make a drop-off so they could actually swim. On top of that, it added a flying element and Ledo being chased by male prostitutes. Yup, I'd call that a typically better episode than just some "normal" beach episode.
May 5, 2013 5:34 PM

Mar 2012
I am remarkably surprised by this anime. When I think Gen Urobuchi, I think darker toned animes like Phantom, Madoka Magica, Fate/Zero, and Psycho-Pass.

Is Gen trying to turn a new leaf in his scripting/composition? It kind of seems like that.
May 5, 2013 5:50 PM
Mar 2013
Wow that episode did not hold up in any way. I'm totally fine with slice of life episodes with slower pace since it's such a intriguing world, but they really made the most uninteresting 24 minutes possible. Barely finished it.
May 5, 2013 5:50 PM

Dec 2011
Episode 1 got me hooked, but it seems every subsequent episode drags down my impression further, now I can barely sit through the 24 minutes.
Live forever, or die trying
May 5, 2013 6:09 PM

Jul 2011
Beach episode! LOL
10/5
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jun 30, 2013

499 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Jun 23, 2013

340 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2013

261 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2013

344 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2013

667 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.