Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2008 12:11 AM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
"The Secret Door"

-slower pace than previous eps, but a good pay off
-someone's getting whin & b*tchy (Hitomi)
-Zaibach makes it's move! A massive army approaches the kingdom of Freid
-big revelation: Allen x Marleen = O_o ?!?!

now we get to look forward to a massive battle next ep.
Feb 15, 2009 4:45 AM

Jul 2008
-big revelation: Allen x Marleen = O_o ?!?!

Not really such a big revelation. It was obvious since the first time we saw the prince.
Jun 28, 2009 12:07 PM

May 2009
Yeah, it was obvious from earlier episodes that there was something between Marlene and Allen, and seeing Chid made me realize it even more.

It was cool to see the Zaibach army assemble. Big battle coming up.
Mar 8, 2010 1:26 AM

Apr 2008
Yeah, it was obvious that Allen was the father of the prince. That city is fucked, in the past they only needed about 10 guymelefs to easy destroy a city, now they have 10,000! O_O .
May 2, 2010 9:33 PM
Feb 2009
yea will be looking forward to this huge battle and i also kinda knew Chid was Allen and Marlene's son lol sucks for the Duke of fried
Apr 7, 2011 7:34 AM

Feb 2010
Poor Hitomi. From ordinary schoolgirl who dabbles with Tarot she is promoted to chief battle foreteller >_< and is not happy about it, I wonder why :D
But given the enemy numbers (10k of armor... whut? o_o) I don't think you need a fortuneteller to know that the enemy is going to attack from *everywhere* X)
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Feb 8, 2013 3:18 PM

Nov 2012
at least hitomi's been seeming more and more like a real character in these past few episodes. also i wasn't expecting that dude to be from earth (i can't remember his name). well i'm assuming he's from earth from what he said... also chid being allen's kid was very obvious i agree.
Nov 20, 2013 4:08 AM

May 2011
see what allen did there. father of an 6-8 year-old kid.
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Jun 29, 2014 4:14 AM

Jun 2010
I get that Hitomi has been transported away from her planet and thrown into a war, but it's not as though she's got it the worst out of everyone. She should just suck it up and help Van.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2015 7:12 PM

Feb 2013
(rewatching again)

The big reveal about Chid... we already figured it out, but they still did a really good job confirming it.

Van was way off the mark... not just talking about archery here ;)
May 2, 2015 12:33 PM

Jan 2013
Wait Wait Wait, they're all siblings RIGHT? AM I WRONG? I've been assuming all the Asturia people were siblings and if that's so all these incest plots are just waaay........

I mean, I understand incest happens, I get it, but it seems like the show is saying that this is perfectly ok? The thing with the younger sister is scandalous enough, but that AND getting his older sister pregnant.....

EWWWWWW, OMG OMG ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS NOT OK! THAT'S AWFUL!

What the hell is this show?! What the hell is that kingdom?! Why is no one reacting to this?! Are they not really related?

May 3, 2015 2:01 AM
Sep 2008
Don't worry, Brianez, Allen isn't their brother, no incest here. (Unless you count the fact that Millerna wants to be with the guy who was with her elder sister, but that's not really incest?)

So that you don't get confused in the future: Allen's only sister (younger) = Selena Schezzar.
May 18, 2015 12:24 PM

Jan 2013
Marta_Ayanami said:
Don't worry, Brianez, Allen isn't their brother, no incest here. (Unless you count the fact that Millerna wants to be with the guy who was with her elder sister, but that's not really incest?)

So that you don't get confused in the future: Allen's only sister (younger) = Selena Schezzar.

Thanks! I figured that out a few episodes later. I'm actually kind of embarrassed of myself for getting all confused and freaking out like that, haha. They all look so simlilar. But yeah, Allen is one big player

Jan 24, 2016 2:45 PM

Feb 2014
brianez said:
Marta_Ayanami said:

Thanks! I figured that out a few episodes later. I'm actually kind of embarrassed of myself for getting all confused and freaking out like that, haha. They all look so simlilar. But yeah, Allen is one big player

Haha yeah I thought they were siblings too, considering how close they are and how much they look alike. But luckily, there is no incest :) Allen is just a knight who fell for Princess Marlene. But still, it must be pretty upsetting for Millerna that her love had sex with and bore a child with her sister.

Poor Hitomi. Although her vision and readings are helpful and accurate, it must be mentally taxing on her to see disturbing images because she was transported from her home against her will.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2016 6:27 AM

May 2009
That old man seems to know about Earth and seems to be from there once upon a time. He can see the future as well as Hitomi; an ancestor or relative perhaps?
Jan 17, 2018 4:57 PM

Feb 2013
Hitomi: I don't want to do any readings.
Hitomi: I'll do a reading for you.

LOL I still love this anime.

That's quite the invasion force.
May 7, 2019 7:20 PM

Oct 2012
Lol the tension on who's the father
But pls Chid looks exactly like Allen...
Nov 11, 2020 6:18 PM

Feb 2012
oof, Allen the baby daddy...

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jan 1, 2022 4:38 PM

May 2019
Merle was too cute in this.

Ooooh, Allen is the dad afterall.

Looks like war is going down along with some drama.
Jul 26, 2023 1:38 PM

Jun 2021
That moment when the plot is more entretaining than the mecha battles
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
Apr 5, 8:28 AM
Dec 2019
I always hate the "I'm never using my superpower ever again because of some dumb incident even though it would obviously be to everyone's benefit if I were just more grown up about it!" arc in shows/movies but damn Hitomi got over it really really fast. To the point that she might as well as not said anything about refusing to use her fortune telling.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

maLakai - Jan 12, 2009

118 by Lockensocke »»
Apr 8, 12:23 AM

» Remember when people thought this was one of the greatest anime ever?

Schlockendale - Jan 13, 2022

17 by Lockensocke »»
Apr 7, 8:44 AM

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 25 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Mar 22, 2009

22 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 7, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 24 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Mar 22, 2009

36 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 7, 8:22 AM

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 23 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Mar 21, 2009

37 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 7, 8:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.