Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 27, 2013 9:23 PM

Feb 2008
bah, the best part of my week ends when this episode ends :(. Can't wait for episode 5...
Apr 27, 2013 9:26 PM

May 2011
Takana_no_Hana said:
Tommk said:
GodlyKyon said:
ibrahim2712 said:
When Eren is like "PREPARE FOR BATTLE!!" ... bro that Voice Actor is fkn amazing

SOOO EPIC AHHHHHHH

too bad he is hated

Yeap , he is hated. Haters gonna hate

This is Yuki's ever first character that I truly like though.

That makes sense. Despite his great performance in voice acting, he often ends up with roles that many do not favor. But he definitely shines the most voicing Eren.
Apr 27, 2013 9:27 PM

Sep 2012
the battle begins

next episode will be the beginning of epicness....

can't wait for it....

xD
Apr 27, 2013 9:29 PM

Jan 2012
SLAY EM ALL EREN!!!

MUST ENDURE,, PATIENCE!!!!

Apr 2011
damm, this show gets better every episode cant wait for the next one!
Site Admin
Aug 2012
kenshin_sama said:
Takana_no_Hana said:
Tommk said:
GodlyKyon said:
ibrahim2712 said:
When Eren is like "PREPARE FOR BATTLE!!" ... bro that Voice Actor is fkn amazing

SOOO EPIC AHHHHHHH

too bad he is hated

That makes sense. Despite his great performance in voice acting, he often ends up with roles that many do not favor. But he definitely shines the most voicing Eren.

Alibaba and Satoru were pretty cool characters. I think a lot of people also find his voice "whiny" and therefore don't like him.

Jul 2012
Dat ending was sick....When the colossal titan appeared I though it was just a dream sequence or something from Eren, but from the reactions here it seems shit is really going down.

Resisting the urges to read the manga is so difficult at this moment....
English its not my first language, pls Grammar Nazis spare me ._.
Apr 27, 2013 9:35 PM

Mar 2013
Amarrez said:
GenuineAnime said:
Great episode, but how come they didnt show them training with the "steam equipment" ? I know they did the rope thing but wouldnt that require some training or atleast let us know how it works?

I think it's implying that it's quite tricky, since it took them two years to reach a competent level.

Not to mention because it's literally impossible (speaking in regards to physics) to do it in real life, it's better if in-depth explanations of the 3DMG are left to a minimum.

Really? The manga used numerous pages to painstakingly explain how the 3DMG worked. As I recall it involved lots of SCIENCE.
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."

Jan 2009
Rocsas said:

you should read the manga, its not getting spoiled at all since when reading a book or manga is considered spoiler anyway? after reading the manga just think of it as rewatching the series in animated form when seeing the anime

and ye from episode 5 onwards there will be tons of actions unless they do an anime original ending which is highly likely since the manga is not yet over

im also worried about the animation quality of later episodes since it will be heavy on action
Dec 2012
Im sure opinions about Eren will change when people watch this episode. Lots of character development :D

Feb 2012
Finally back to epicness next week.

Also I gotta say that I love the music used for this anime.
Apr 27, 2013 9:38 PM

Aug 2011

sasha to the rescue
Apr 27, 2013 9:40 PM

Aug 2011
Yes that big mofo is back for round 2. Next week can't come fast enough.
Apr 27, 2013 9:43 PM

Nov 2009
tingy said:
kenshin_sama said:
Takana_no_Hana said:
Tommk said:
GodlyKyon said:
ibrahim2712 said:

SOOO EPIC AHHHHHHH

too bad he is hated

Alibaba and Satoru were pretty cool characters. I think a lot of people also find his voice "whiny" and therefore don't like him.

Probably because of his past characters that he voiced on. Most of them are whiny and autism type that people hardly like. But his talent cannot be denied: not many voice actors can turn the audience to hate themselves only by voicing characters that people often hate. So he had done a great job as a seiyuu.

Let's hope that he will receive lots of good role in the future. His screaming and shouting on Eren weren't bad after all. It feels different if you compare to his past characters, it's close to Eren that I can imagine.
Apr 27, 2013 9:43 PM

Jan 2013
The aniticipation is killing me man! I can't wait for the next episode I really like Eren like how determined he is to kill the titans and the look he always has in his eyes this is gonna be one of the best series ever!! XD
Apr 27, 2013 9:44 PM
Jul 2011
Amarrez said:
Guys, whilst the colossal titan was cool and all, you're forgetting the biggest reveal of all.

True Dat
Apr 27, 2013 9:45 PM

Nov 2012
Pusswookie said:
Amarrez said:
GenuineAnime said:
Great episode, but how come they didnt show them training with the "steam equipment" ? I know they did the rope thing but wouldnt that require some training or atleast let us know how it works?

I think it's implying that it's quite tricky, since it took them two years to reach a competent level.

Not to mention because it's literally impossible (speaking in regards to physics) to do it in real life, it's better if in-depth explanations of the 3DMG are left to a minimum.

Really? The manga used numerous pages to painstakingly explain how the 3DMG worked. As I recall it involved lots of SCIENCE.

This is a "episode 4" discussion. Doesnt matter what they did in the manga this is about the series and since they didnt explained it here then its an error/mistake.
Apr 27, 2013 9:45 PM

May 2012
I'm having goosebumps with that Titan's surprised attack! But did the Titan jumped from the sky? Weird.

I was wondering why Sasha was included in the top 10 graduates. But when she saved Samuel, I begin to realize that she can be awesome when serious..
Apr 27, 2013 9:49 PM

Feb 2010
Annie is my favourite character in this series.

FAVOURITE!
Apr 27, 2013 9:50 PM

Nov 2011
piperz said:

sasha to the rescue

Potato Girl needs her own spinoff series imo
Apr 27, 2013 9:50 PM

Nov 2009
j0x said:
Rocsas said:

you should read the manga, its not getting spoiled at all since when reading a book or manga is considered spoiler anyway? after reading the manga just think of it as rewatching the series in animated form when seeing the anime

and ye from episode 5 onwards there will be tons of actions unless they do an anime original ending which is highly likely since the manga is not yet over

im also worried about the animation quality of later episodes since it will be heavy on action

Nah please no xD, don't suggest him to read the manga, cause it would feel like watching a movie when you have already read its script first. Of course you can still enjoy the movie but the enjoyment will not be the same as it was before.

Anyway, I doubt that they will turn SnK into an original ending. Because it's I.G we're talking about. Look at what they have done with Kuroko no Basket. The manga is still on going so they ended up the first season half way and now we have KnB 2nd season to wait for.

So ...
Apr 27, 2013 9:51 PM

Jun 2011
I just noticed this but..
why is Mikasa the only one without an englishey name?..
Apr 27, 2013 9:52 PM

Mar 2013
Mikasa op as always. But the "potato girl" still my favorite ^^
This next episode will be good! i can feel it!
Apr 27, 2013 9:52 PM

Apr 2009
dorothy3242 said:
I just noticed this but..
why is Mikasa the only one without an englishey name?..

Most of them have European names, not English ones.

Also
Apr 27, 2013 9:53 PM

Jul 2012
j0x said:
Rocsas said:

I know but still from what I have read this is quite a good adaptation and IMHO it has amazing music.

It may sound a little M but I want to enjoy and suffer the cliffhangers like the one from this episode. For example, I didn´t enjoy fully the Mirai Nikki anime because after the second episode I read the whole manga in just a week and I learned all the plot twists...

I´ll probably start reading the manga at the point where this seasons ends
English its not my first language, pls Grammar Nazis spare me ._.
Apr 27, 2013 9:55 PM

Dec 2012
2.3/5

They´ve skipped two more years. Story is going very rushed, arts looked POORLY in some scenes. But... secondary characters are starting to have some importance, the new OSTs were pretty good and the ending was EPIC.

Would this be a new SAO? IDK, let´s keep watching it.

This is how it all begins.

My RYM|My Last.Fm|My Steam
Apr 27, 2013 9:56 PM

Aug 2010
Disappointed in how they just skipped the top 10 and put it on the break instead of announcing their ranks and names...
“A grown man does not apologize. It lowers the value of his soul.”
-Araragi Koyomi
Apr 27, 2013 9:57 PM

Apr 2013
TimeToRepent said:
2.3/5

They´ve skipped two more years. Story is going very rushed, arts looked POORLY in some scenes. But... secondary characters are starting to have some importance and the ending was EPIC.

"they've skipped 2 more years" so? you want to see them as little children defend against huge titans and get slaughtered? the timeskip is the same in the manga and its better this way.. "arts looked poorly.." they said they were looking for more animators 2 weeks ago.
Apr 27, 2013 9:58 PM

Sep 2012
piperz said:

sasha to the rescue

<3
Apr 27, 2013 9:58 PM

Nov 2009
OfficialGuts said:
TimeToRepent said:
2.3/5

They´ve skipped two more years. Story is going very rushed, arts looked POORLY in some scenes. But... secondary characters are starting to have some importance and the ending was EPIC.

"they've skipped 2 more years" so? you want to see them as little children defend against huge titans and get slaughtered? the timeskip is the same in the manga and its better this way.. "arts looked poorly.." they said they were looking for more animators 2 weeks ago.

Haters gonna hate, you gonna find 1001 reasons for hating if you don't like a show.
Apr 27, 2013 9:59 PM

Sep 2012
Oh fuck.

They're gonna be dropping like flies next episode, damn.
Apr 27, 2013 9:59 PM

Feb 2010
Only beta-testing hipsters read the manga, anime is where it is.
Apr 27, 2013 10:00 PM

Jun 2011
OMFG hes such a fucking G! My eyes started watering and my blood started pumping.
Face to Face with his nemesis.
WE GOT A KILLA ON THE LOOSE!!!
Apr 27, 2013 10:01 PM

May 2012
TimeToRepent said:
2.3/5

They´ve skipped two more years. Story is going very rushed, arts looked POORLY in some scenes. But... secondary characters are starting to have some importance, the new OSTs were pretty good and the ending was EPIC.

I don't even
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Apr 27, 2013 10:02 PM

Dec 2012
DAT MOVE

That episode was... oh wow...that was...SUUUGOOIIII!!!
Apr 27, 2013 10:04 PM

Apr 2010
Didn't see that coming at the end. Things are about to get hardcore.

Apr 27, 2013 10:04 PM

Apr 2011
I love potato girl.
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Apr 27, 2013 10:06 PM

Dec 2012
OfficialGuts said:
TimeToRepent said:
2.3/5

Guy, I complained about the animation in some scenes because they were doing a pretty good job until this chapter! Design wasn´t too well until the end!

As for the time warps, I think It would have been interesting to show their training as soldiers, and also the relationship with the other guys, and some other things, nothing more.

Apr 27, 2013 10:07 PM

Sep 2012
Can't wait for the next episode! Eren vs Colossal Titan!

Loving the adaption. Really outstanding.
Apr 27, 2013 10:09 PM

Dec 2012
Takana_no_Hana said:
OfficialGuts said:
TimeToRepent said:
2.3/5

Haters gonna hate, you gonna find 1001 reasons for hating if you don't like a show.

I´m not a hater, Only for giving an opinion I can´t be a hater. I only expressed why I disliked this chapter, nothing more.

Apr 27, 2013 10:09 PM

May 2010
cant wait for the next episode, more back.... NOPE ITS A MOTHERFUCKING FIGHT, OH SHIT.
Apr 27, 2013 10:10 PM

Jan 2008
TimeToRepent said:
OfficialGuts said:
TimeToRepent said:
2.3/5

Guy, I complained about the animation in some scenes because they were doing a pretty good job until this chapter! Design wasn´t too well until the end!

As for the time warps, I think It would have been interesting to show their training as soldiers, and also the relationship with the other guys, and some other things, nothing more.

If they adapted the anime the same way the manga is, I think you'd be more pissed off because several of those training arcs don't appear til after what happens next, so instead of jumping multiple years ahead then jumping back like the manga, they're going in order.

Oh and poor animation? The so called 'poor animation' of SnK is still better than most shows airing at their best.
PaulApr 27, 2013 10:14 PM
Apr 27, 2013 10:17 PM

Dec 2012
Paul said:

If they adapted the anime the same way the manga is, I think you'd be more pissed off because several of those training arcs don't appear til after what happens next, so instead of jumping multiple years ahead then jumping back like the manga, they're going in order.

Oh and poor animation? The so called 'poor animation' of SnK is still better than most shows airing at their best.

Only if they were excessive. But well, I only said why I think this chapter wasn´t as good as the past chapters. I like the serie, anyways.

I don´t complain about the animation, I only said that in this chapter wasn´t too good like the other ones.

Mod edit: spoiler tagged quote tower, merged double post
koleareApr 29, 2013 12:56 AM

Apr 27, 2013 10:19 PM

Aug 2010
The last few minutes were so fricken epic. I swear every time the titans come I get the chills.
Apr 27, 2013 10:19 PM

Nov 2012
Out of fucking nowhere the Colossal Titan appeared,man this is gonna be a long ass fucking week.I was in complete and utter shock and was completely losing it from the insanity,up until the moment I realized it was the last few minutes of the episode :(.
Apr 27, 2013 10:20 PM
Dec 2012
TimeToRepent said:

I don´t complain about the animation, I only said that in this chapter wasn´t too good like the other ones.

Given what you're saying, it doesn't sound like it should be a 2.3/5. People need to learn how to score given their own expectations...

I mean parts that you wish should be there shouldn't be a reason to deduct score.

The animation is a valid point, but again it shouldnt be enough to deduct it more score!

@Tommk No.

Mod edit: spoiler tagged quote tower
koleareApr 29, 2013 12:54 AM
Apr 27, 2013 10:21 PM

Dec 2012
TimeToRepent said:
...arts looked POORLY in some scenes.

TimeToRepent said:
Guy, I complained about the animation in some scenes...

TimeToRepent said:
I don´t complain about the animation...

Don't mean to pick on ya, but... come on now...
Apr 27, 2013 10:21 PM
Oct 2012
HERE IT COMES! HERE IT COMES! HERE IT COMES!

SHIT WILL GET REAL!!!
Apr 27, 2013 10:23 PM

May 2012
TimeToRepent said:

Stop being a cool guy by mentioning ''New SAO ''. That shit is getting old and the amount of people posting it have been reduced. But you're still keeping up with that ?

UWAU LETS GO AGAINST THE HYPE. IT WILL BE COOL

Mod edit: removed deleted posts quotes, removed insult, spoiler tagged quote tower
koleareApr 29, 2013 12:53 AM
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Apr 27, 2013 10:23 PM

Mar 2013
TimeToRepent said:
2.3/5

SAO was a pandering piece of glorified fan-fiction. This isn't.
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Pages (19) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

1553 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 12:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.