3It was OK
4.0%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.8
25 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2013 5:44 PM

Sep 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
June Bunch magazine!

A fair bit of this chapter has English in the raw version because of the supposed worldwide broadcast of the 8 chip clearing so if you can find the raw then you will be able to read quite a bit as is.

Murasaki san lies full of bullet holes. Himiko lies bleeding, unmoving.

The 8 chips are verified.

Flashback to Date-san winning the test game and being angry with the small prize money. He is promised he can play in the real game even though he's an insider. He blows his money on women. I swear one or more look like Hidemi clones. Nice view...

Back to the present...

Danger! But they check around and laptop guy concludes that it is safe to take off, they took them all out.

The heli with Date-san takes off. But then it stops and a soldier falls out! There is a rope tied to one of the skids! Murasaki san tied the rope on before she was riddlled with sub machine gun bullets. The soldier broke his leg.

Then Oda comes up, BIM in hand! Himiko gets up! The soldier's commander says to shoot Oda and the rope but he says no, you come get me first! The commander isn't worried about Oda's BIM since he says they need the chopper but Oda throws one of Himiko's burning gas grenades following through with Ryota's plan! It melts the commander on the chopper! It melts the soldier on the ground! The audience watches in horror aside from the head honcho who seems to be enjoying the drama.

Ryota is there with Hidemi saying Himiko and the guys did it!

Takanohashi is in another chopper but he is worried!

Laptop Tyrannos guy in the chopper tries to avoid the gas saying there are just two masks on board. The pilot is wearing one and so is Date-san. Laptop guy realizes that Date san was against them after all (a quadruple cross? quintuple? I have lost count). Realizes that this was all part of Sakamoto san's plan. Date-san punches laptop guy in the face, he falls but he grabs the commander's pistol.

Laptop guy calls Date-san human excrement and shoots him in the face through the center of the gas mask. Date-san's brains splatter against the ceiling. Laptop guy puts on the cracked gas mask. Oops...

The chopper lands. Laptop guy's arm is on the floor of the chopper, pistol there loosely. Still alive? Find out next month...

---

Volume 11 comes out soon, May 9th. Please support this manga, buy it either import or the English translations coming out now!
May 3, 2013 9:14 AM

Mar 2013
Hello! I would to thank you for sharing alot of awesome reviews up till here. In my opinion the laptop guy is probably dead he's just loosely hanging on to the pistol i doubt he can shoot. :) tho i still can't be too sure can i? :)
May 3, 2013 10:33 AM

Sep 2012
PieRatePEWPEW said:
Hello! I would to thank you for sharing alot of awesome reviews up till here. In my opinion the laptop guy is probably dead he's just loosely hanging on to the pistol i doubt he can shoot. :) tho i still can't be too sure can i? :)

You're welcome! Glad to know someone is reading them.

Yeah, it seems like a lot of people have died the last couple of chapters. Murasaki-san is not confirmed but she was shot at least 4 times right through from the back so I think she's dead. Date-san looks like his brains have splattered against the ceiling of the heli so I think he's dead. Laptop guy probably melted, commander melted, soldier melted... they're falling like flies!

The second-last anime BD has two short animes showing all the death scenes in the anime, they're cool! Looks like a new chapter is needed...
May 9, 2013 11:06 AM

Mar 2013
hpulley said:
PieRatePEWPEW said:

You're welcome! Glad to know someone is reading them.

Yeah, it seems like a lot of people have died the last couple of chapters. Murasaki-san is not confirmed but she was shot at least 4 times right through from the back so I think she's dead. Date-san looks like his brains have splattered against the ceiling of the heli so I think he's dead. Laptop guy probably melted, commander melted, soldier melted... they're falling like flies!

The second-last anime BD has two short animes showing all the death scenes in the anime, they're cool! Looks like a new chapter is needed...

well i'm pretty sure there are alot of people out there who are reading your summaries, they are just shy to say thank you ;)
May 9, 2013 12:06 PM

Sep 2012
This month's Bunch magazine is ordered and BTOOOM! 11 is already on its way even though I've already read all its chapters, gotta support it!
May 23, 2013 9:01 PM
May 2009
Thanks for the translation. Looking forward to the next one.
May 24, 2013 11:56 PM

Sep 2012
Next one is either sitting at home for me or should be here on Monday so chapter 63 translation will be here soon. You're welcome.
May 26, 2013 1:43 PM

Jul 2012
i just read btooom today and im grateful that i found ur summaries for the chapters i can't seem to find any raws thanks for all your summaries so far and im really excited for the next chapter :D
May 26, 2013 2:10 PM

Sep 2012
csal07 said:
i just read btooom today and im grateful that i found ur summaries for the chapters i can't seem to find any raws thanks for all your summaries so far and im really excited for the next chapter :D

Chapter 63 is here! Reading it now...
Nov 6, 2013 12:26 PM

Feb 2012
Woah, intense chapter. I thought that sun glasses guy would be a bigger enemy but nope, napalm right in his face and even Date was killed off.
Nov 6, 2013 12:49 PM

Nov 2011
HOLY SHIT. Everything is going out of control now indeed. Date sure had a fun life there this chapter though....
Nov 6, 2013 12:58 PM

May 2013
This was a good chapter. Seems like Date died. Too bad the guy in glasses had to shoot the gas mask, otherwise he could've saved himself.
Nov 6, 2013 1:09 PM

Aug 2010
Like the narration said. That escalated quickly XD

Both Napalm and Date dead? Shit got real. Dat melting! Dat head shot!

The VIPs smile was interesting. He's enjoying this hehe ^^
Nov 6, 2013 4:31 PM

Oct 2011
I did not expect to see Date die this soon. Then again, whenever you see a character's backstory in Btooom!, it usually means he/she won't be living for long. Just a trend I picked up.

Nov 6, 2013 5:02 PM
Mar 2012
Holy shit, pretty intense chapter
Nov 6, 2013 6:49 PM

Dec 2008
YES!!! Date is finally dead. And it's a fitting death for that selfish, back-stabbing bastard! It's a shame the Murasaki wasn't the one to blow his brains out.

If Date were a real person, I'd be hoping that he'd be eternally tortured in the after life.
Nov 6, 2013 10:50 PM

Aug 2010
I still can't believe how there's 11 unintroduced characters. Still a lot to happen it seems.
Nov 7, 2013 12:55 AM

Nov 2011
Barion-Zara said:
I still can't believe how there's 11 unintroduced characters. Still a lot to happen it seems.

I bet one of them is the grand boss.
Nov 7, 2013 10:34 AM

May 2013
Stark700 said:
Barion-Zara said:

I bet one of them is the grand boss.
It seems like most or at least all are survivors on the island.

Was that a little girl shown this chapter!?

I really, really didn't expect Date-san to be shot. I'm not going to say he's dead for sure. No way. Not with everything that has happened.
Looking for a character or a certain Anime/Manga?
Looking for recommendations?
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
Nov 7, 2013 11:54 AM

Dec 2012
This was a incredibly epic! Can't wait for the next update :D
Nov 7, 2013 7:34 PM

Oct 2013
Date actually died when I wasn't expecting him to o_O
Nov 15, 2013 11:22 PM

Jan 2011
Holy crap this chapter was insanely good! Date and the programmer ended up killing each other. That guy melting from the BIM gas looked so disturbing but looked really cool. :P
Jun 20, 2015 9:59 AM

Nov 2013
Can someone explain to me whether Data ended up betraying them or sticking to the plan? I'm under the impression that he betrayed them in the end with the gas mask cause there was only 2 and he needed the pilot alive to get home. But them the other characters acted as if his death was sad which made me think he kept to the plan! Confused!

Sep 11, 2020 2:32 AM

May 2020
Finally Date is dead. Congrarulation now I can read in peace. Murashiki also spend her life for the plan. Glad that Sakamoto's friend come to help.
Apr 30, 2023 10:29 PM

Jul 2021
The bastard died? He deserved it

More topics from this board

Poll: » Btooom! Chapter 125 Discussion

Akoram - Aug 15, 2018

12 by Kitsu-nee »»
Jan 26, 7:02 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Chapter 97 Discussion

drama_menck - Oct 5, 2016

21 by Kitsu-nee »»
Jan 14, 3:23 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Chapter 122 Discussion

Akoram - Aug 15, 2018

25 by Xeehad »»
Jan 14, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Chapter 121 Discussion

Akoram - Aug 15, 2018

13 by Xeehad »»
Jan 13, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Chapter 77 Discussion

Stark700 - May 11, 2015

23 by Kitsu-nee »»
Jan 9, 2:02 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.