Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 23, 2008 9:33 PM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It has started and what a wonderful anime! :D Oh man, this is going to be great comedy/action/romance. I laugh so much and can't get enough. Kakeru Daichi and Melon are great! So are Najimi Tenkuji and Yurika Kochikaze (I think that is her name one who throws the tarot cards). Oh an Otoya, what a gay guy or open minded in sex. Great show will add more stuff. Ok here goes a amazing positive review to get people hyped up!

The beginning of the episode starts with a very beautiful woman in a liquid carbonated environment asking herself things like when she would be freed up from this. Then comes our main character Kakeru Daichi. Grabs a soda can, yes the very same soda can you drink coke or sprite from from the vending machine and brings it home. His whole shower and towel with almost being naked around the house made me laugh when normally I would say ugh get this aways from my sight. Good way they humor through at the very least. It was also funny how he says that he is 16 years old but had no girlfriend thus no kissing ever.

Then the best part comes, he actually drinks the can of Melon soda and there is actually a girl that appears suddenly! ZOMG great show of from a can of soda to a human girl just by from drinking from the can itself, which in turn is like kissing the girl directly on the lips. The kissing is the most nice and innocent/cute looking that I have not seen so far in such a cute way.Oh, did I laugh a lot when Melon saw Kakeru Daichi's thing and went shy. Unlike many girls she did not react like it was expected rather is shy and surprised.

More surprises, Melon actually possesses super powers, which I think are a interesting spicer for this anime as Melon's super power is to create a melon that has energy within, which upon impact seems to fry Kakeru Daichi like a broiled chicken.That was another funny part but so was when Kakeru Daichi wanted to up skirt Melon. It was very innovative to make the hair beats have carbonated liquid that seems to indicate the vitality of the soda girl. When these beads have no more carbonization within them, is a very bad indicator that the soda can girl is dead/or soon to be dead.Also was funny Kakeru Daichi collection of soda cans.Weird hobby. Kakeru Daichi was also funny with his Iron man muscle show off which was just plain hilarious to me.

Wow, what a way of introducing the villain who wants to find out about those soda girls and God knows what are his intentions but I know from the looks of it, it will be something bad. So we meet Airin but she prefers to be named Kizaki and Otoya Hidehiko the bad villain. He is quite something daring to enter with Kizaki by force through cutting the chain door to investigate the soda girl of Kakeru Daichi's place since they got some report about that apparently.What I found yet again impressing is that Melon is not the typical girl like in some other animes where the girl freaks out at the sigh of a naked man. Melon just seems to be accepting yet still shy and reserved. The kissing is really great!

So Hidehiko-san enters Kakeru Daichi's place and starts to act gay. I was like O_O OMG Hidehiko-san anata nani deska? (Mr.Hidehiko you are what exactly?) Another cool feature is before Hidehiko came into Kakeru Daichi's place, Kakeru Daichi pulled on this earring that looks like the lip of the can (the thing you use to open the can so you can drink). By pulling on any Soda girl in general, you can return them into a can.

Najimi Tenkuji is great as a classmate to Kakeru Daichi and reminds or Sairenji from the anime ToLoveRU. She looks like her a lot. Then there is Yurika Kochikaze the tarot/tsundere character of the class. She obvious protect Najimi from crying. Then there's Goro Amaji, a male classmate of Kakeru Daichi. I find it great that the condition for the Soda can girls to appear is to have the male absolutely drink from the can and not straw or glass pouring. That forces many to do this else it does make the girl appear and further can endanger her. Guess Kakeru Daichi got angry at Melon for trying to thrash his collection, I would not care in his case since I would have a girl that gave me my first kiss.That was very nice BTW, a first kiss at 16.

What followed shocked me then relieved. At first I did not think Melon would almost die from this kind of isolation by Kakeru Daichi of leaving her in can form in his closet but like cans in real life, all cans lose the carbonated liquid after sometime being left open like that. This being said, the girls need to constantly have the carbon within their hair beads or whatever indicates that level in order to live. Melon dying and then being refilled with carbon (I think Kakeru Daichi is blowing in her air but that would make sense in this case) it was very sweet but at the same time I was angry at Kakeru Daichi for being stupid of leaving Melon to become in such a state.

The end of the episode was very cute and Kakeru Daichi finally naming the girl Melon like the soda can she comes from says. Melon reminds of Karen Ayanokouji from Akane iro Somaru Saka. Melon, I find cuter.

1.Very funny scene, hilarious!
2.So romantic yet full of comedy! :D

In spoiler:
1.Meet Otoya Hidehiko and Kizaki Airin
2.Meet Yurika Kochikaze
3.Meet Najimi Tenkuji
4.Meet Kakeru Daichi trying to be Arnold.
5.Meet Kakeru Daichi almost being by tarot cards.
6.Meet Melon's super powers.
7.Meet a very cute moment of Melon being MOE angry.
8.Meet Goro Amaji.

slayer545-samaDec 24, 2008 12:44 PM
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 24, 2008 4:31 AM

Jan 2008
Strange concept, soda cans turning into girls but interesting in it's own way. Drinking the soda is drinking her life away but she can be refilled with more soda from another can. So what happens to the other can? And do all cans turn into girls?

But anyway, an ok start despite the male lead was naked for most of the first half DX
Some generic character personas here and there but still good.
Dec 24, 2008 4:39 AM

Dec 2007
EARLY BROADCAST YOU SAY?

Nice.
Dec 24, 2008 6:47 AM

Jul 2008
Really strange, but I liked it
Dec 24, 2008 8:14 AM

Feb 2008
lol the nude scene was funny, in a disturbing kinda way. there seems to be a motif of hyperbole all over the place. if it wasn't for the last half of the show i might have though the show itself was stupid.
Dec 24, 2008 11:11 AM

Dec 2007
it was funny and weird but i still liked it
Dec 24, 2008 12:50 PM

Nov 2008
Watched and Dropped :|
Dec 24, 2008 12:57 PM

Dec 2007
Coal said:

you fail
Dec 24, 2008 1:02 PM

Jul 2007
hey hey, what fetish it would be if i want to hit a steel can like Thors Hammer?
Dec 24, 2008 1:43 PM

Jun 2008
That was quite bad, it's going a bit too heavy on the amount of cliches, but I'll give it a couple more episodes to see if the comedy gets better.

The art was pretty horrible though, and I don't think that's going to change.
Dec 24, 2008 2:22 PM

Jan 2008
The main character is a perverted idiot and there's too many cliches. Dropping, since I didn't find this series funny in the least. Only funny part is that dude named Gigolo.

Also, I'm shocked to hear Lelouch's voice on Daichi.
phinix_downDec 24, 2008 2:26 PM
Dec 24, 2008 2:47 PM

Aug 2008
Hmm random, crazy and weird. But seriously those two fucked up perverts (government guy and girl with cards) are reaaaally buckshee. It could be pretty nice anime but I have doubts because of them. Well, let's see how it develops in January.

Ah yeah, one giant plus for this series - No Rie voicing tsundere ;]
Ii tenki desu ne...
Dec 24, 2008 2:55 PM

Sep 2008
I had bad feelings about this anime, but in the end it looks interesting, kind of 'fresh and funny'. We'll see how it's goona be... now something like 4/5 :)

Dec 24, 2008 3:34 PM

May 2007
-Kurisu- said:
Coal said:

you fail

My words exactly.....this series is set to ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!! RAWR!!!!!!!! XD
Dec 24, 2008 8:03 PM

Feb 2008
i like the concept, very funny, but the art is on the low side
Dec 24, 2008 9:07 PM
Sep 2008
haha its a nice anime to watch when you're bored i cracked up so hard when he was like "IT'S SHOW TIME" while pelvic thrusting into the air hahaha so random.
Dec 24, 2008 10:18 PM

Nov 2007
Will have to wait to see the real ep before a final decision, but looks good so far. Old guy do not want :(
Dec 24, 2008 10:38 PM

Nov 2008
real ep? episode 1 isn't real?

nice and random. probably another good easy going show that won't be too intense/deep but will give a few good laughs.
hi
Dec 25, 2008 1:04 AM

Nov 2008
It was good, but there are elements that could have been better, I will still watch the series

Dec 25, 2008 3:26 AM

Oct 2008
It's like reversed DearS. It is good that Melon is not crazy fucking machine, still it looks like she is starting developing feelings for him. And she is not a hardcore tsundere, if any.
On the other hand, lead male character is just like normal 16 years old guy in this situation, probably watched too much DearS (that training and master thing:P). Most probably he will change into sb grown up, the part of it was the scene with CPR (he does care about her). Concept of these char. is acceptable.
Ps - one cute thing - did you notice the way in which his childhood friend's hair string changed into heart :>? It was nice cherry on the cake ;)
Dec 25, 2008 4:24 AM

Dec 2007
Coal said:
Yup, me too. These kind of series just don't do it for me.
Dec 25, 2008 4:43 AM

Jul 2008
I was so looking forward to this serie and now when I watched the first eisode, I'm totally disapointed. There was couple of moments when I laughed at, but they were mostly about Najimi and Okaya. Main characters seems to me really boring and annoying and the story wasn't that interesting what I thought it would be. But I'm still going to watch this serie, because maybe next episodes are better? (it was the same on Kannagi, I hated it first and now I like it. Maybe this one is a surpriser too?)

Dec 25, 2008 1:07 PM

Dec 2008
Przemos19 said:
It's like reversed DearS. It is good that Melon is not crazy fucking machine, still it looks like she is starting developing feelings for him. And she is not a hardcore tsundere, if any.
On the other hand, lead male character is just like normal 16 years old guy in this situation, probably watched too much DearS (that training and master thing:P).

ooo good call, i didn't think of that but you're right. i liked dears, and this series might have some potential too. i agree with others in that it seems to be kinda slow right now..but it's the first episode (introducing characters/scenario) so hopefully it'll get better. i liked the part where he's drinking from the other juice can in front of her..heh

plus melon looks cute. that's enough reason for me to watch it :D
Dec 25, 2008 3:49 PM

Jul 2008
No one else thought it was hilarious when the guy said "You'll open wide for anyone as long as they give you some money huh?" to the vending machine?
Dec 25, 2008 3:53 PM

Nov 2008
2-D said:
No one else thought it was hilarious when the guy said "You'll open wide for anyone as long as they give you some money huh?" to the vending machine?

I got it but did not pay attention to it much. Comedy and art are far better than its single jokes.
Dec 25, 2008 5:17 PM

Nov 2007
...my good image of Brains Base has been sullied ;_;

Animation could've been slightly better, but i guess I'll keep my thoughts on that till I watch the real broadcast. It had its up and downs in just one ep, but I'll stick around a bit longer, mainly because Jun Fukuyama and Mamiko Noto are in it~

2-D said:

I chuckled at that one, nice first line to introduce a character XD
Dec 25, 2008 5:53 PM

Dec 2008
DizzyX said:
haha its a nice anime to watch when you're bored i cracked up so hard when he was like "IT'S SHOW TIME" while pelvic thrusting into the air hahaha so random.

Haha, I know that was ridiculous...how could anyone get in that position and do those thrusts THAT fast XD And the clock in Otoya's office that says, "I like men" Good God.

It was alright...but in the beginning when Daichi's opening the can and is about to drink it, it was quite lame when he said, "if only I had a girl right here in my lap" (or something akin to that), then bom!, there she is. I mean come on, that's just a poor way to introduce here...oh well. I'll stay with this one though...it's kind of a guilty pleasure regardless if it's good or bad.
Dec 25, 2008 6:26 PM

Sep 2008
When I saw the winter anime list and it was one of the few shows that caught my interest, I'm so happy that I chose wisely, I can't wait for the next episode. I'm looking forward to Yell since she will be voice by Noto, Mamiko.
Dec 25, 2008 8:01 PM
Jun 2008
Hmm..I would say from what i see in the first episode..the story is alright for what the anime is trying to create...a unique ecchi comedy..but i might be dropping it after a couple more episodes since it was kind of a pain watching the rahter low quality art...
Dec 25, 2008 10:34 PM
Jan 2008
So far I'm liking it.
Sure the quality is a bit choppy but it'll be better when it starts on Jan 3rd.

Also I kept wondering, where have I heard his voice before..
ROFL Lelouch on ecchi mode.
Dec 26, 2008 12:43 AM
Mar 2008
Really funny, Kakeru is a crazy mofo rofl. Melon is pretty cute. Looking forward to this.
Dec 26, 2008 3:24 PM
Apr 2008
Wow.

Random storyline + below par animation = Akikan.

I can't say I liked the first episode because I really didn't. The art looks really old. Like it was made in the 90's.
Dec 26, 2008 4:05 PM

Jul 2008
Little above average, though nothing to phone home about. I thought the gay dude was pretty funny and the male lead isn't a panzee like in most shounen rom/coms so that's definitely a plus. It was also pretty funny when he was talking to the vending machine. I'll be interested in seeing more episodes in the coming weeks. 4/5
Dec 26, 2008 4:11 PM

Apr 2008
ManU-Alchemist said:
Wow.

I can't say I liked the first episode because I really didn't. The art looks really old. Like it was made in the 90's.

You need to start watching 90s anime, learning the definition of random, and reminding yourself that this ep wasn't even finished as far as production goes.

Anyway, will continue watching for Otoya and harem lead who isn't made of cardboard and indecision.
Dec 26, 2008 4:12 PM

Feb 2008
This and Inukami is so much alike, and i love that
Dec 26, 2008 5:01 PM

Nov 2008
Plate said:
ManU-Alchemist said:
Wow.

You need to start watching 90s anime, learning the definition of random, and reminding yourself that this ep wasn't even finished as far as production goes.

Anyway, will continue watching for Otoya and harem lead who isn't made of cardboard and indecision.

Plate! Glad you on board for this one! :D
Yeah this is going to be great, especially in HD.
Dec 27, 2008 8:20 AM

May 2007
extatix said:
Coal said:
Yup, me too. These kind of series just don't do it for me.
Amen brother (or sisters). The elements that weren't hidiously over used cliche's where scraping the bottom of the story idea bucket.
Dec 27, 2008 4:55 PM

Jun 2008
it sounds somewhat amusing and Mamiko Noto is in it so I have to watch it
Dec 28, 2008 7:25 AM

Dec 2008
Just like Maria Holic I'll give this a few episodes before deciding if I'll drop it or not.

I really don't like the art style of this preview episode though. I do hope the real pilot has a much higher quality.

While there were amusing parts... it just really hasn't caught my attention so far. I could see watching this solely to meet the other Akikan girls.
Dec 28, 2008 4:07 PM

Sep 2008
FukuJun really hilarious in this series XD

All Hail FukuJun !
can't wait for Mamiko Noto dub too
Dec 28, 2008 4:31 PM

Aug 2008
I really enjoyed this...I can't wait to meet other flavors ^_^
Dec 28, 2008 4:32 PM

Sep 2008
Well, that was really random; I just got a link of it from a friend and decided to watch it.

What. The. Fuck?

Soda Can Girl? That's a new one. But it is interesting, i'll give it that.

I shouldn't have watched it streamed, but it was LQ anyway, so whatever; 3.4/5 right now.
Dec 28, 2008 10:39 PM

Sep 2008
I laughed at least 5 times during the first episode. Especially, ESPECIALLY during the time he was doing the reverse crab naked rofl. Although the plot (where is it? I dont think there is one to begin with) is horrid; it only adds to the humor. Only way they can screw this anime up is try to act serious with it. If it continues as it is however, it will be very very humorous.
Dec 29, 2008 3:23 AM

Dec 2008
PHLOGISTON said:
I laughed at least 5 times during the first episode. Especially, ESPECIALLY during the time he was doing the reverse crab naked rofl. Although the plot (where is it? I dont think there is one to begin with) is horrid; it only adds to the humor. Only way they can screw this anime up is try to act serious with it. If it continues as it is however, it will be very very humorous.

I agree...this is one of those series' where it's meant to be a bit far-fetched and the situations are meant to be implausible. You just need to have fun with it and take it like it is. If Akikan! stays true to its genre, it'll be a hit for sure.
Dec 29, 2008 6:53 AM
Mar 2008
if i had one problem it would be with the amount of time he spent naked only thing i had a problem with
Dec 29, 2008 5:14 PM

Aug 2008
Terribly bad! "I'm your childhood friend" How laughably derivative. This is the difference writing and production values can make...see Kannagi...that was funny and good...this was just outdated. SO bad...I really can't think of any other way to describe it.
Dec 29, 2008 5:49 PM

Apr 2007
I think it's hilarious. You've got to focus on the humor though, since other parts are... really bad... Well, if the comedy side of this show stays as it is now, I'll continue to watch it. Otherwise, dropping.
Oh yea. You've got to be quite perverted to enjoy this show i think.
Dec 29, 2008 6:15 PM

Aug 2008
I watch whatever anime I think is good and I like and I kinda like this anime. It's pretty good even though some of you would think the opposite.

But seeing as how everyone has different tastes, we'll stick it at that. I'll see how the series evolve...Besides, I'm a sucker for anime that includes magical girls and one lucky guy getting the harem. Almost every man's dream to have that happen to him one (un)fortunate day...
Dec 29, 2008 9:02 PM

Aug 2008
That Kakeru guy pissed me off. WHAT THE HELL? He was so annoying every time. What a disgusting guy. What was with him. I'm disappointed of this anime. I thought it would be good too. v.v;
But did like Yurika. She was nice. :D
But I didn't find this anime very funny to like some people thought it was for some reason. . .
Haha. xD Lammmmmmmmmmmmmmme.

Well I won't drop it but I will watch another ep to see if it get "better." Seriously.
Dec 29, 2008 9:05 PM

Dec 2008
tyger said:
Oh yea. You've got to be quite perverted to enjoy this show i think.

It's all in a days work for men XD
Hehe...just kiddin'.

But all joking aside, Akikan is pretty much a hit or miss. The people who like this type of show will enjoy it. Obviously, The people who don't won't give a rat's ass about it. It's up to the viewer.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akikan! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sonja - Mar 14, 2009

52 by W3TFT »»
Sep 20, 2022 3:31 PM

Poll: » Akikan! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

xyakaix - Mar 29, 2009

87 by TazzyTensai »»
Sep 4, 2022 12:38 PM

Poll: » Akikan! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sonja - Feb 8, 2009

77 by victualness »»
Jan 23, 2022 1:13 PM

» Who are these characters?

RenaPsychoKiller - Jul 4, 2012

1 by Randomcardcaptor »»
Oct 14, 2020 5:51 AM

Poll: » Akikan! Episode 8 Discussion

kisami - Mar 8, 2009

35 by Punkero »»
Jun 5, 2020 8:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.