Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 20, 2013 6:39 PM

May 2010
Yep. we in there, i dont know why people are bitching about the lip. some people just have to find something in ever anime. decent episode.

4/5
Apr 20, 2013 6:40 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I love Sasha! She's hilarious. I'm not a huge fan of her voice, but it still fits her perfectly. Christa seriously is a goddess :) I liked how instead of having the whole talk in the bedroom, Eren, Armin, Reiner, and Bertholt walked through the forest to the lake, that was a nice change and kept the conversation interesting. Then that cello piece came up, so beautiful and sad at the same time. It's probably the "Krone" of Shingeki no Kyojin. Or maybe not (Although I still like Krone better). I also really liked that insert song near the end, sounds like the guy who sang "Hill of Sorrow" and "Friends" from GC. Looks like Sawano Hiroyuki is working with the same vocalists again! I saw Aimee Blackschleger in the staff for an inserted song, so looking forward to hearing that. Overall nice introduction of the new characters. I didn't realize that Connie was kind of mean to Eren in the beginning...was that in the manga?

Oh yeah, that last scene with Eren and the 3DMG (LOL at commie's "multiaxial maneuver gear" ._.) was awesome!
tingyApr 20, 2013 6:43 PM
Apr 20, 2013 6:44 PM

Sep 2012
This episode proves that an episode without titan battles can still be interesting. The cast so far is quite memorable especially potato girl and that Jean scene is just as hilarious as it was in the manga, 'my faith in humanity' lmao.
Apr 20, 2013 6:51 PM

Jun 2012
This anime is excellant, just had to say that. Everything about this episode was awesome. The characters are great the voices are great I can't wait for the next episode.........I'm not used to saying things like this, now I feel awkward.

5/5
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Apr 20, 2013 6:51 PM

Jun 2011
Darklight0303 said:
Nerdy_Old_Taco said:
This was a weaker episode compared to the first two, but they can't all be intense action packed episodes. I think this anime should just pull a Beserk and just end, not make up an original ending, so people can just read the manga. Original endings are almost never good, although that isn't always the case...tries to think of an example....can't.

No anime ends in two episodes >_>

I think your being a little to harsh on the anime, you cant expect each episode of every anime to be perfect through ang through.
Apr 20, 2013 6:54 PM

Apr 2009
Oh thank god, gg is out.

Never thought I'd say that.
Apr 20, 2013 6:56 PM

Jul 2011
The OST is awesome! I really would like to know the background song in the ending...
Apr 20, 2013 7:01 PM

Dec 2011
Mikasa is so cool as ever.

Ahahaha. Lol at the potato girl. Not giving a fuck.
And... it'll all come down to defective equipment eh? Disappointed for a second, but now it is all gone.

Can't wait to see them battle a real one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2013 7:04 PM

Jun 2011
I seriously do not understand why people are getting overly pissed off just because of some lips. Is it a crime to make anime more realistic looking? Or would you believe that the animators should have been the same ones who did K-ON and Lucky Star? I have seen over several types of anime ranging in different art styles, some better than the other... But I do not see any problems with this art style. To me its quite unique from previous other styles.
Apr 20, 2013 7:08 PM

Oct 2011
The Instructor guy is hilarious. Same with Sasha XD. I like the new characters in this episode. Aww poor Eren but in the end he passed the test. Epic OST near the end before the Ending theme song.
Apr 20, 2013 7:09 PM

May 2009
tingy said:
Looks like Sawano Hiroyuki is working with the same vocalists again!

He always works with the same vocalists.
Apr 20, 2013 7:09 PM

Dec 2012
I felt the same way for this ep as i did for ep 2. Just meeeh in general. It's getting too shouneny for my liking, not that I don't like shounen, but i was expecting something different from this show.

Still a good episode by all standards, but a show that has been hyped up like this doesn't suffice with being just 'good'.
The forums are dark, and full of ego.
Apr 20, 2013 7:10 PM

Aug 2012
Anyone knows the ost before the ending name?
Apr 20, 2013 7:12 PM

Apr 2011
Rayla said:
Darklight0303 said:
Nerdy_Old_Taco said:
This was a weaker episode compared to the first two, but they can't all be intense action packed episodes. I think this anime should just pull a Beserk and just end, not make up an original ending, so people can just read the manga. Original endings are almost never good, although that isn't always the case...tries to think of an example....can't.

No anime ends in two episodes >_>

I think your being a little to harsh on the anime, you cant expect each episode of every anime to be perfect through ang through.

I think you both misunderstood me, not your fault I guess the way I worded it was confusing. I didn't think it was a bad episode, I rated it 4/5 on the poll. It just was weaker then the first two, which I expected the show to slow down a bit. What I was saying though is that if the show only ends up being 25 episodes, or 50(is it known yet if it will have a season after the confirmed 25eps?) that it should try to just leave it off at an open ending so people can just pick up the manga. It seems like a quality anime/manga, and I think that's better then coming up with a very possibly weak original ending. Not really sure if you were kidding or not though, Darklight0303. Thought it seemed pretty clear that by "just have it end" I meant not have an original ending made just for the anime. I guess if you didn't get the Berserk reference that could have been confusing...
Apr 20, 2013 7:13 PM

Jan 2011
-Cassi said:

The OST isn't out yet.
[center]
Apr 20, 2013 7:13 PM

Jul 2011
-Cassi said:

No, stop asking that.
Apr 20, 2013 7:14 PM

Aug 2012
dat rukia and dat potato girl

someone else always have what you want, but it usually means nothing to them...
Apr 20, 2013 7:15 PM

Dec 2012
pralan said:
-Cassi said:

No, stop asking that.

Do you happen to know the name of the song that played right before the end of the episode?

Feb 2012
Elite60 said:
Haha, Potato Girl became the best character for me.

Same here tbh.

Good episode, btw just imagine if you were that dude who opened his window and the titan was there like "Sup my bro" lmao.
Jan 2011
Guess I'm the only one that still like Reiner and Bert here

They are such bros in this ep T_T
Apr 20, 2013 7:17 PM

Mar 2013
MaxCrazy7 said:
OneWhoReadsBooks said:
ShadowlQQ said:
wow the guy that likes Mikasa is such a d-bag

pretty sure it was him that damaged Eren's belt

Really? To me it looked like it could have been Mikasa
So I am glad I am not the only one who think Mikasa might have done it.

Wow, when I read the manga it completely slipped by me that Mikasa may have been actively sabotaging Eren's attempts at joining the Legion in an attempt to keep him out of harm. That definitely changed the scene for me, thanks for that.
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Apr 2013
Eres Cannot Do The Basic Just Because His tool Broken??? Poor Eren But The Amazing Is He Manage To Stand Upright With Those Broken Tool

Jul 2011
Jovoo said:
pralan said:
-Cassi said:

No, stop asking that.

Do you happen to know the name of the song that played right before the end of the episode?

Yes, it's Die Hollen Polizei
Apr 20, 2013 7:18 PM

Dec 2012
pralan said:
Jovoo said:
pralan said:
-Cassi said:

No, stop asking that.

Yes, it's Die Hollen Polizei

Liar! That's Inferno Cop! I checked...hehe....
Apr 20, 2013 7:20 PM

Jun 2011
Im in love with this anime.

another great episode, n it had some hilarious moments.
Potato girl LOL
Apr 20, 2013 7:22 PM

Sep 2011
Action time next week. Weoooooooooo.
Apr 20, 2013 7:24 PM

Jan 2011
first couple of pages of this thread made my head hurt.

Potatoe Girl best character besides Mikasa so far, i'm really liking the ost mainly the one after the rite of passage.

And is next week the more training or we getting into the action?.
Apr 20, 2013 7:26 PM

Mar 2013
Potato girl FTWW

Apr 2009
Jovoo said:
I felt the same way for this ep as i did for ep 2. Just meeeh in general. It's getting too shouneny for my liking, not that I don't like shounen, but i was expecting something different from this show.

Believe it or not, Shingeki no Kyojin is in fact a shonen manga. Complaining about shonen being shonen isn't really a valid complaint.

Nov 2011
I'm relieved that the MC isn't a complete loser who can't do the basic.

Apr 20, 2013 7:27 PM

Sep 2011
Great adaptation! It at least made it clear that Ymir was a girl, damn, I thought that Ymir was a guy for at least 40 Chapters.

Everyone liking Sasha huh?
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Apr 20, 2013 7:28 PM

Dec 2012
Amarrez said:
Jovoo said:

Believe it or not, Shingeki no Kyojin is in fact a shonen manga. Complaining about shonen being shonen isn't really a valid complaint.

Yeah, i checked that after i posted, which disappointed me even more, since I was expecting something different, something new as it were. Oh well.
Apr 20, 2013 7:31 PM

Sep 2011
thepath said:
I surprised that some people hate this anime because the female character has lipstick. Why care about such minor details. I didn't not even notice that until I read

I watch this anime for story and action.

Its funny because none of them do, it's an ANIME STYLE of expressing the lips, before this kind of style there were virtually no lips in anime, just a line
Apr 20, 2013 7:32 PM

Jan 2009
nice episode, i already know whats gonna happen since ive read all current 44 chapters of the manga already lol
Apr 20, 2013 7:35 PM

Dec 2012
Also what about this?

http://eu.batoto.net/comics/2012/03/10/s/read4f5ba711e3e35/img000031.png

http://eu.batoto.net/comics/2012/03/10/s/read4f5ba711e3e35/img000032.png

Did they really just turn that scene 180 in the anime? That kinda messes things up.
Apr 20, 2013 7:35 PM

Sep 2011
Amarrez said:
PaninaManina said:
MAL is really a cancer...

There's not a single good online anime community, prove me wrong.

Whats a decent one then? Animesuki?
Apr 20, 2013 7:36 PM

Dec 2012
3/5

Better than the fail of the past week.
And with this cap., we are realizing that the story is taking off. I LOLed with the potato girl.
Ending was very good. The only thing I complain is it seems like the minor characters still arent´t very bright.

But well, nice chapter.
TimeToRepentApr 20, 2013 7:40 PM

This is how it all begins.

My RYM|My Last.Fm|My Steam
Apr 20, 2013 7:39 PM

Sep 2011
DStev said:
Preferred the last couple episodes to this one but there really isn't a lot to complain about (besides the subs)...

Yeah, why was "Kyojin" translated as Eotin... Or whatever the fuck it was?
Apr 20, 2013 7:42 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
GodlyKyon said:
Great adaptation! It at least made it clear that Ymir was a girl, damn, I thought that Ymir was a guy for at least 40 Chapters.

Haha yeah, it's easier to tell that Ymir's a girl because of her voice, and the lips as well. I remember a lot of people were arguing whether Ymir was a guy or a girl.

And the reason that the translation was "eoten" and not titan is because commie's subs suck.
Apr 20, 2013 7:44 PM

May 2010
Hmm... This wasn't as good as the amazing first episode, but I'll keep watching since it seems like the story is picking up. I still dislike the art style, mostly because the lines are so thick, and the humor seemed really awkward and out of place, but I hope this gets better. I don't want another anime like SAO that starts out good and then turns to crap.
Apr 20, 2013 7:45 PM

Sep 2011
tingy said:
GodlyKyon said:

Haha yeah, it's easier to tell that Ymir's a girl because of her voice, and the lips as well. I remember a lot of people were arguing whether Ymir was a guy or a girl.

And the reason that the translation was "eoten" and not titan is because commie's subs suck.

I have no idea what subs provide what subs because... I use Gogoanime

LOL, but also her body. I don't remember seeing Ymir's full body, I had always thought she was a guy because of her ruthless attitude and pretty... adronoymous face

Glad they made that change though

Mar 2013
IchigoHollowfi said:
lol @ Potatoe Girl. xD

Love Mikasa's lovely long hair. <3 too bad she cut it. :( still cant help thinking Rukia whenever I see her tho XD lmao

Finally the wire training. :D
Poor Eren :( - That face plant to the ground look like it really hurt. >_<;

yea i liked it long too....
i liked his look when he faceplanted
"Stop whining, all I did was chop off your stupid legs."

Nov 2009
GodlyKyon said:
DStev said:
Preferred the last couple episodes to this one but there really isn't a lot to complain about (besides the subs)...

Why did you watch commie sub? Change it to GG.
Anyway, good episode, beside they mixed up a few things(including the part when Mikasa has to grab Eren on her hand). And the comedy .. I loled at potato girl, its good to have some episode that relieve the stress in such a dark plot like this one.

Waiting for the next episode, theres gonna be epic battle
Apr 20, 2013 7:50 PM

Sep 2011
Takana_no_Hana said:
GodlyKyon said:
DStev said:

Why did you watch commie sub? Change it to GG.
Anyway, good episode, beside they mixed up a few things(including the part when Mikasa has to grab Eren on her hand). And the comedy .. I loled at potato girl, its good to have some episode that relieve the stress in such a dark plot like this one.

Waiting for the next episode, theres gonna be epic battle

I have no idea what sub groups are there? I watched whatever was on Gogoanime
Apr 20, 2013 7:52 PM
Oct 2010
does training instructor know his mom? backstory pls.

needs more mikasa. faggot eren why u tell her to cut her hair
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Apr 20, 2013 7:52 PM

Sep 2011
I am not so digging Mikasa, but I do like Annie
Apr 20, 2013 7:56 PM

Jan 2013
Lol at the potato girl, nice episode, turned into a kind of light comedy for some parts. Random insert song is random when near the end.
Apr 20, 2013 7:57 PM

May 2012
Nice episode. I enjoyed it quite a bit. It's good to see it go smoothly when it's not being pushed primarily by action.
Apr 20, 2013 7:57 PM

Dec 2011
Mikasa's last line in the episode made it seem as if she has some serious dependence issues..
Live forever, or die trying
Apr 20, 2013 8:01 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
tsukigari said:
Mikasa's last line in the episode made it seem as if she has some serious dependence issues..

Yeah, she kinda has I guess. There's a reason why she's so attached to Eren and thus she really doesn't want him to die.
Pages (18) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.