Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2008 4:38 PM

Mar 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
have been waiting impatiently for this episode! Artemis and Bloody Rose FTW!!
Kaien's performance was cool too.. although i expected more portrayal on his action..

Kaname's visit to the Elder's Council was a bit stale.. it was nice to see that he has the power to turn those useless vampires into colored marbles.. but that was really not needed..

Yuuki's action is definitely the best in this episode.. the transformation of Artemis is dramatic and cool, and it's nice to see that she left a huge scar on Rido by just drawing the scythe out.. and she even managed to suppress Zero's overdrive..

overall, this was a really cool episode, although there are several things i'm not impressed with, especially the differences with the manga

references to spoilers in manga
Dec 22, 2008 8:36 PM

Jan 2008
hmm am i the only one who noticed that there is no constancy when it comes to the art? in this ep kaname's hair is a lot longer than other episodes.. sometimes he looks lighter and sometimes he looks darker.. sometimes the face is longer with pointy chin and sometimes its rounder... i dont know.. maybe i am seeing things.

and finally yuuki fianlly called Kaien father.. and she's not as weakling as other episode, at least that. chairman is way too noble, still loving the look... but in a way i prefer him being all goofy... its more like him than the serious one... he looks a lot younger though with his new look... kaname on a rampage is just so cool.. calmly walking and eliminating vampires, with that lonely look on his face and on a daze just amazes me how powerful he is. makes me want to know what kind of catastrophe he's capable of if he has to break a sweat... its weird to see takuma serious, i am so used of him all smiling, but he's even cooler if he can get any cooler than he already is... and hanabusa who's not so very fond onf yuuki seems to be the most protective one of all the night class excluding kaname.. pretty impressive..

well there's my little credit for the characters...
MY SIGNATURE

Dec 24, 2008 1:33 AM

Jul 2008
lblsslx said:
hmm am i the only one who noticed that there is no constancy when it comes to the art?

You're not alone. I've noticed it a few times myself.
Dec 24, 2008 10:36 AM

Dec 2008
lblsslx said:
hmm am i the only one who noticed that there is no constancy when it comes to the art?

I also have noticed this.
I especially noticed it with Zero.

Appearently the animators don't put as much effort into the art anymore since the anime is ending.
you are my master.
Dec 24, 2008 4:19 PM

Jan 2008
wow... this one kinda sucked pretty bad. i don't remember the whole yuuki cutting zero tho... seriously, i don't pay that much attention to the manga nowadays... i hope they don't screw up the ending of this season too hard...

it may be too much to ask for the
Dec 24, 2008 5:09 PM

Jul 2008
it may be too much to ask for the

coughs* I wish there is one though.

Dec 24, 2008 6:46 PM

Jan 2008
YuukiHime said:
lblsslx said:

I also have noticed this.
I especially noticed it with Zero.

Appearently the animators don't put as much effort into the art anymore since the anime is ending.

i dont think its for that reason.. since the beginning i've been noticing its changes.. it makes me question if there's any dedication to the anime itself.. or is there different animators in each episode...
MY SIGNATURE

Dec 25, 2008 4:29 AM

Jul 2008
Cant wait for next episode!

This was amazing, I loved the way Yuuki used Artemis this episode, and how Zero came to rescue her in the end .. Zero can finally use his full power now that he can suppress the powers he had gotten from Ichiru. I didn't expect Yuuki would actually cut Zero with Artemis. Can't wait to see him fight Rido next week.

I didn't like the way they handled Kaname's and Kaien's fight though, they should have put more attention to that, especially Kaien, that's the thing that really disappointed me this episode. Good to see Takuma took Kaname's side in the end though, and is intenting to fight Ichiou.
Dec 25, 2008 4:13 PM

Nov 2007
Nice enough episode, Yuki's Artemis transformed O_O? Now Zero's gun is ... an orb of light? aha ha xD, needed more Kaien Yuuki finally called him Dad :3, go Ichijou!
Dec 26, 2008 1:37 AM

Dec 2008
Great Episode! Liked the fact that they put several chapters into one episode, though some parts are very different than the manga (Like the scene when the hunter's association leader was killed, or when the night class went to fight Rido, yeah these were not in the manga lol). Liked the scene when Kaein played the hero and told the rest to escape so that he can take care of the giant horde of level E vampires, and the scene when Ichijou told Kaname to leave the Council matters and his grandfather to himself. Hmm, Kaname doesn't seem to be that evil in the anime, and the awakening of Artemis and Bloody Rose seemed to be much better in the anime than the manga. Some questions from me though... Will the anime follow the manga? How will this end? Will there be a 3rd season? If so what will that be like?
Dec 26, 2008 3:34 AM

Oct 2008
Well the scene when Rido told her she should call the person who's dear to her the most and then Zero appeared and saved her ass wasn't in the manga. That overshadows the ending in the manga I think.
I liked that the night dorm students were at the scene too.
Dec 26, 2008 5:09 AM

Jul 2008
This was a pretty good episode. It strayed quite a bit from the manga, but normally when this anime strays from the manga it becomes better than the manga.

I think that with the differences in this episode could lead to the next episode being the end to the Vampire Knight series. Depending on what parts of the manga they leave out. I have the feeling it's going to end on a cliffhanger. The upside to that would be more of this series, the downside however, is that they could just end the whole on a cliffhanger. Very disappointing.
Dec 26, 2008 5:44 PM

Aug 2008
probably there will be 3rd sezon of Vampire Knight(if true then i will be soo happy xD)

anyway this epizod was pretty good...
Dec 26, 2008 5:58 PM

Jan 2008
This wasn't half bad. I was quite surprised that Artemist evolved, and now Blood Rose too? It's like some kind of video game.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Dec 26, 2008 8:04 PM

Jun 2008
hah this actually pretty alright. i wonder if this anime is done now? i don't see why they would have to make a new series...though i dont read the manga..
Dec 26, 2008 9:31 PM

Aug 2008
pretty sailor moon-ish to just randomly change the weapon for no reason...but then again, Yuuki's hair grew for no reason either.
Dec 26, 2008 10:35 PM
May 2008
OMG! This episode was so exciting! So much happened O_O!! I must say I havent read the manga, but basing this on the animes ive seen this is well played out. Although i was a bit disappointed with the lack of Kaien's battle scenes. I was really hoping for something really exciting. It was also nice to see all of the main character vampires duking it out. Idou was cute in this episode! ^_^ Is it okay that i was pretty upset with Zero and he still hasn't made up for himself yet? Last episode I have my fingers crossed!
Dec 26, 2008 11:36 PM

Jul 2008
I was loving this season until this episode... kind of disappointed. Well, there is always the last episode to addict me once again.
Dec 27, 2008 7:12 PM

Dec 2007
Seriously, what was up with Kaname's long hair? He still looked totally awesome, but still what was up with that? Kaname is so amazing, and so is Kaien.... Zero needs to get out the picture already! And the I want them to put the kiss, and not because I support those two characters, but because I love what happens after it! Bye bye Zero! I always disliked you :)

The fight scenes were so different from the manga though.... The night class never went with Yuki to fight Rido...and I wanted to see the chairman kill that annoying Vampire Hunter president dude x.x

And it was supposed to be "Together lets put an end to the ichijo line" not "lets end the Senior Council that you love so much"
Dec 28, 2008 1:35 PM

Feb 2008
awwww, I was really disappointed. D: They changed it from the manga so much, I have a feeling that:

1. The future scenes I REALLY REALLY wanna see animated will not happen, and
2. The anime will stop here with some nondescript "let's continue on our journey" ending.

Well, last ep should be out fairly soon. Here's hoping it's a good one!
Dec 29, 2008 12:37 AM

Apr 2008
The episode did seem a bit rushed but Kaname ROCKED! ^_^ He didn't even have to lift a finger to turn those guys into shiny colorful particles. And different colored ones too. ^.^

I'm glad Zero is finally doing something. This whole upset with his twin thing was extremely annoying. Now that he's forgiven his brother, Zero can do what needs to be done.
Dec 29, 2008 11:13 AM
Nov 2007
go zero!i'm so sad the series is ending so abruptly:(
Dec 29, 2008 1:28 PM

May 2007
Hmmm wow. That was different from the manga. It kinda makes me worry about the ending of this series. :\
Bad animation is... bad, ugh.

Dec 29, 2008 5:45 PM

Aug 2008
that was a pretty good episode.. I can't wait to watch the last one but am also a bit sad that there might not be a third..
Dec 29, 2008 8:36 PM

Sep 2008
lonehunter88 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
have been waiting impatiently for this episode! Artemis and Bloody Rose FTW!!
Kaien's performance was cool too.. although i expected more portrayal on his action..

Kaname's visit to the Elder's Council was a bit stale.. it was nice to see that he has the power to turn those useless vampires into colored marbles.. but that was really not needed..

Yuuki's action is definitely the best in this episode.. the transformation of Artemis is dramatic and cool, and it's nice to see that she left a huge scar on Rido by just drawing the scythe out.. and she even managed to suppress Zero's overdrive..

overall, this was a really cool episode, although there are several things i'm not impressed with, especially the differences with the manga

references to spoilers in manga

AGREED
Delivery (^_^) set by Nate

Dec 30, 2008 1:47 PM

Nov 2008
giselle12nv said:
that was a pretty good episode.. I can't wait to watch the last one but am also a bit sad that there might not be a third..

I've heard that there will be also a 3rd one.
But I'm not sure that's true...
Jan 1, 2009 7:10 AM

Dec 2008
lonehunter88 said:

Kaname's visit to the Elder's Council was a bit stale..

Yeah, the rest of the episode was alright, but I thought that was really done badly compared to the manga. We just literally saw Kaname strolling through a corridor with vampire minions just popping into fairy dust as he walked past...
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Jan 3, 2009 9:14 PM

Jun 2008
yay!!!! go yuki!! her weapon transformed?? what about zero's?? hahaha down to the last ep
Jan 4, 2009 6:33 AM

Aug 2007
Kaname was in a new years's mode: let's just blow every vampire in my way up! It looked a bit too... cute? For getting destroyed. What happened to the real evil Kaname, like in previous episode? ... Yuuki is finally not a stupid girl, for having an awesome Artemis and cutting Zero's arm off. That living arm part was really gross O_o . I'm looking forward to the next episode, as I'm wondering what will happen with Zero's Bloody Rose, and of course if they'll end it at this or that we will have to wait for an OVA or so.

4/5
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Jan 4, 2009 7:42 AM
Dec 2007
Extremely slow and dull episode. Almost nothing happens even though there's only one episode remaining... On top of that, the direction was awful at times, and the rest was just average. I hope the last episode will make sense and redeem a bit for the last failed developments. If Kaname dies (especially if Zero is the one killing him), at least we'll have something interesting out of the ending.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 30, 2009 3:30 AM

May 2008
kevin_video said:
This wasn't half bad. I was quite surprised that Artemist evolved, and now Blood Rose too? It's like some kind of video game.

where emo and angst is the key factor for them to evolve.
Feb 16, 2009 2:49 PM
Jul 2008
First off... yuuki has being a bit too foolish and selfish for me. I wonder ow many times she has to be warned not to be so reckless. She keeps putting peole in danger for her own selfish reasons. Just so she doesnt feel guilt. However, i must admit that her tranformation of artemis showed a lot of courage and strength. She definitly has a lot of potential.

Zero even though he has turned out to be the strongest has been through the most pain. Hes been used by everyone for their own selfish reason when all his heart has desired has been yuuki. Hopefully something at least comes of his new found powers (something no matter how small to satisfy his heart's longing).

Up on till now everyone has just been a pawn to kaname to protect yuuki. Even though i understand how much cruelty they all really suffer i cannot but try to understand his own feelings as well... protect all that was left and meaningful... in other words yuuki. He chose to gamble with everyone else.

Cross turned out to be the most surprising character of all. His tramformation from the physically fraile, somewhat femining and prancy headmaster to the ''legendary vampire hunter'' was the definitly one of the highlights of this anime. Who would have thought he had such power within him and yet lived such a relativley humble life. His ambition, courage, love and determination are very admirable.

Aug 19, 2009 11:42 AM
Jul 2009
It's weird, how Vampire knight was kinda boring, then the first like 6 episodes of Vampire Knight Guilty were boring too. They just started to make this really good at like episode 8.
Mar 15, 2010 2:03 AM

Feb 2010
Enjoyed this! I dont know what to expect for the finale.... I <3 Kaname! He's fantastic...
May 11, 2010 4:01 PM

Mar 2010
Wait how did Zero do that? I thought she killed him.
Animestuffs-1.png
Aug 15, 2010 10:42 AM

Nov 2009
YAY their weapons evolved!!! and oh noes Zero almost turned in2 a Level E!!! wow Takuma is a pretty good person i guess... Chairman's still alive YAY!!! i cant believe its almost the end... OMG KANAME IS POWERFUL!!! i cant believe there was that many Level E's i hope the skool is okay by the time they're all done... i wonder what happen 2 the day class and if they're okay... lol that human that looks like a girl died XP all in all it was a great epi!!!
Feb 23, 2011 2:12 AM

Oct 2008
Obsession much?
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Apr 7, 2012 12:58 AM

Jul 2011
wtf is it new year??? what was up with the dull as visiting the chairman and blowing up the other vampires like fireworks???

whateva the only part i liked was artemis(forgive my spelling its 4am) and bloody rose evolving
Jul 27, 2012 3:23 PM

May 2012
Damn what a great episode and what a cliff hanger :p up to the final episode this will be EPIC!
Nov 5, 2013 2:11 PM

Jan 2013
Well the end is near, one episode left. I really wonder what hapens next. It is an amazing anime that is for sure, glad I watched it.
Jun 13, 2015 7:48 AM

Jun 2010
LensFlaredAway said:
lblsslx said:

You're not alone. I've noticed it a few times myself.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2016 7:11 PM

Aug 2013
So I take it this is where the anime really deviates from the manga, because boy it sure feels like it.
May 25, 2017 2:38 PM

Jul 2013
The president literally cracked up! wow! that was insane and creepy!

Fighting more vampires still.

How come the other vampires didn't know they couldn't attack Rido though? shouldn't they know that?

Wow, Yuki slashed Zero and he turned his gun in to some crazy weapon, this show is so insane!!!
Aug 7, 2019 11:27 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Last episode is coming!
Omg Yuki finally gets stronger and less whiny FINALLY.
Now lets kill that bad guy and see how this end.
Obvs nota happy end anime xD

Aug 16, 2020 8:27 PM
Oct 2019
Yuki is back to being a total dumbass. Running around getting in everyone's way and not giving af because she's too big of a moron to realize. She runs directly towards the crazy powerful vampire that wants to devour her. Derp.

Glad that freak Hunter's president is dead. Hope old Ichijo is next. What did the Senate need to control a pure blood for? What were their actual goals that were unable to be implemented? They don't explain that at all.

Rido drank his sister's blood, why? Because he's a pervert psychopath? Who was the child from Haruka and Juri he stole? Or did he drink that child's blood to the point of killing it?
HagePotPotatoAug 16, 2020 9:39 PM
Aug 16, 2022 1:35 AM
Aug 2022
I hated this episode so much that I loved it. Why, why did they kill Ichiru? (rhetorical) I know he served his purpose and is probably seen as more of a side character but it broke my heart it to see someone with Zero's face perish. R.I.P Ichiru.
Feb 7, 8:59 PM
May 2017
I think if the animation quality and direction was better; it would have been a banger of a episode.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Guilty Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DeadIEnd - Dec 29, 2008

242 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 11, 8:05 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Guilty Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kuemauricebackup - Dec 16, 2008

56 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 7, 8:17 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Guilty Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lolz123 - Dec 10, 2008

50 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 1, 3:30 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Guilty Episode 9 Discussion

Kuemauricebackup - Dec 1, 2008

45 by almightybismarck »»
Jan 27, 10:43 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Guilty Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Rie - Nov 24, 2008

73 by almightybismarck »»
Jan 27, 8:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.