Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 8, 2013 3:23 PM

Sep 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I had a request to translate this chapter. If you want more of 104-117 translated, let me know. I may just do them all...

(Note that I think of Emiru as Emilu so when you see Emilu, I mean Emiru...)

Nozoki Ana chapter 116, Sayonara (Goodbye)

They are at the grave of Emilu's brother. She says, "Please make love to me, Kido san, here and now..."

Kido looks back at the grave and says, "...h... here?"

Emilu says, "I want him to see... my brother... He doesn't know who I am now..."

They move back to a line of trees, she traps his leg between hers, "...yes..."

He indeed understood how they came to be "peeping buddies" now. Emilu's feelings... So that her brother could forever see who she really is... Myself now, loving who, why is this, certainly wanting him to see...

They interlock their fingers. "Haa..." He enters her.

Not faking... How it really is...

".....a......" They make love with Emilu's back against the tree, Kido's pants undone, her skirt providing easy access.

Tears streaming down her face, her chin on Kido's shoulder, Emilu says, "Sayonara, Oniichan..." (Goodbye, brother....)

The last word... unheard...

Thinking distorted, awkward thought of Emilu, letting it all hang out, wild conduct...

Back at the train station, Kido is sitting on a bench when Emilu says, "I have to go to the washroom, please wait."

Kido starts thinking about the people he knows in his group now. Watching people walk through the station, he thinks about all that has gone on while being mixed up with these people around him, being uneasy, scared, being OK, doing his best. He has hurt a lot of people, come to like and love a lot of people. He is sorry... and thankful. Thanks to all of them he will be alright from now on. Perhaps... certainly...

His reverie is interrupted by his phone. He was falling asleep, hasn't really slept for two days. Emilu is calling him. "Yes. What? Lost? Eh? What? Just listen here... Can I see the river place?"

"...anks." Emilu said, breaking up.

"Eh? What? Say again..."

"Kido san... thank you... I was so happy that you met me..."

"Wha... what do you mean?"

"I was happy that, for all my terrible faults, you said you loved me..."

Kido thought, those are walkway sounds, she isn't in the station! "Stop this naughty playing around. Where are you? The graduation ceremony is about to start."

"I'm not going." she said, "please go to the ceremony alone, Kido san."

"And after? Are you going back to our room?"

"Are you going to erase your mind of everything since you met me?"

"...you are in denial but... as for you we were 'peeping buddies' for two years and you became a great adult guy, but... as for my time, I have been in a rut for two years... Since we made love... I have been stuck. I have to move on. Even one second earlier Kido san wanted to follow after but until that because I waited and didn't say anything..."

"...This... not this..."

"If it is so bad being beside me..."

"You just said, 'Alyways be by my side'..."

And Kido saw Emilu but he was on the wrong side of the river and a vast distance separated them.

"I lied about where I was. I am really sorry."

"Damn, the bridge is far away."

"You can't follow me. If I was with you, you would certainly stop me but since you're only human..."

From the start thoughts didn't return to me, once decided, mind was made up.

"Beyond this you can't reach me... therefore forget me... for one year!"

"Even if I... do the usual do as you please rules you push on me... If it remains that way, I say... if that was a lie from the start then you are a terrible person but ... if that's all it is ... is there some leeway?!"

"If you must!"

"Therefore one year! You just have to wait one year!!"

"This... is my final rule!"

"While I wait I will desperately, uselessly try to think of other things, you stupid..."

Emilu smiles and snaps her phone shut, ending the call and drops it in the river, saying "Thank you Kido san."

With more tears streaming down his face he falls to his knees as she turns and disappears into the crowd.

In the middle of the street he searches for her. He returns to her parents house but she is not there....

Of course in the room with the peephole... this graduation day, Emilu Ikuno's peeping buddy rule was expected to be over, everything from before him had disappeared. The peephole remains dark.

----

117 http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=568953
hpulleyNov 29, 2013 10:12 AM
Mar 9, 2013 1:40 AM

Mar 2011
Hmmm...so the one year rule was for her to become more mature?

And btw "Emilu"? xD

And thanks!
Mar 9, 2013 2:53 AM

Sep 2012
chuckfan said:

And btw "Emilu"? xD

And thanks!

"ru" sounds like "lu" so I always think of her as "Emilu" rather than "Emiru".

She thought she helped him to grow up but felt she wasn't there yet and needed a year on her own to figure things out. I worried she would not be back after a year so I must admit I actually skipped to the end of the last chapter to see what happens... if I had needed to wait to find out what happens I might have died of suspense!!!
Mar 9, 2013 3:24 AM

Mar 2011
hpulley said:
chuckfan said:

And btw "Emilu"? xD

And thanks!

"ru" sounds like "lu" so I always think of her as "Emilu" rather than "Emiru".

She thought she helped him to grow up but felt she wasn't there yet and needed a year on her own to figure things out. I worried she would not be back after a year so I must admit I actually skipped to the end of the last chapter to see what happens... if I had needed to wait to find out what happens I might have died of suspense!!!

I understand now, thanks again, really :)
I didn't skip to the end, but I clicked my way until I saw
Mar 9, 2013 3:32 AM

Sep 2012
I did the same, went back after... will translate the final one soon too. Then I can go back to do 104-115 unless you guys think the people doing the scanlations are working on them again in which case I might not bother...
Mar 9, 2013 4:07 AM

Mar 2011
I think they are on it, but they will take their time I guess.
Mar 9, 2013 4:27 AM

Sep 2012
chuckfan said:
I think they are on it, but they will take their time I guess.

I can understand the volume 13 stuff not being done since it just came out but volume 12 has been out for ages! That is why I wanted to learn Japanese in the first place, I was tired of waiting for translations and prefer to read the original text.

But in that case I may just post my comments on all those chapters instead...
hpulleyMar 9, 2013 4:34 AM
Jul 5, 2013 7:39 AM

Jul 2013
hpulley said:
I did the same, went back after... will translate the final one soon too. Then I can go back to do 104-115 unless you guys think the people doing the scanlations are working on them again in which case I might not bother...

Any chance you can translate some more? Maybe work backwards? It's going to take awhile for the translations. They are on a two week schedule depending on when they get the HQ Raws. Chapter 109 took awhile since their source wasn't feeding them the Raws on time. So it will take them awhile to finish the rest of volume 13. I'm thinking October by them time they're all finished.

So more translation would be greatly appreciated :)
Jul 5, 2013 7:50 AM

Sep 2012
RightSaidFred said:
hpulley said:

Any chance you can translate some more? Maybe work backwards? It's going to take awhile for the translations. They are on a two week schedule depending on when they get the HQ Raws. Chapter 109 took awhile since their source wasn't feeding them the Raws on time. So it will take them awhile to finish the rest of volume 13. I'm thinking October by them time they're all finished.

Sure, backward would work, that way they won't be done at the same time, well maybe the last one at worst...
Jul 5, 2013 8:16 AM

Jul 2013
hpulley said:
RightSaidFred said:
hpulley said:

Sure, backward would work, that way they won't be done at the same time, well maybe the last one at worst...

That's great! Thank you very much.
Jul 5, 2013 9:12 AM
Jan 2013
I think you have some of the dialogue backwards. The entire part where they're talking about one year is Kido talking (you can tell by the speech patterns if the speech bubbles are a bit hard to tell.) He's trying to tell Emiru that he'll wait for her for one year while she can get her thoughts straight.
Jul 5, 2013 10:10 AM

Sep 2012
scintilliaSD said:
I think you have some of the dialogue backwards. The entire part where they're talking about one year is Kido talking (you can tell by the speech patterns if the speech bubbles are a bit hard to tell.) He's trying to tell Emiru that he'll wait for her for one year while she can get her thoughts straight.
You could be right... I'll look again.
Nov 29, 2013 5:13 AM

Aug 2011
What a sad chapter...
Just one more to go.
Nov 29, 2013 5:16 AM
Nov 29, 2013 6:40 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, I'm going to cry.
Nov 29, 2013 6:48 AM

Sep 2012
I hope you guys don't have to wait long for 117. If you are dying of suspense, head over to my summary in the chapter page. Of course it is better with the pictures.

I am so SO glad I didn't read this monthly at the end. I would have absolutely, truly died of suspense if I hadn't been able to just turn the page to chapter 117...
Nov 29, 2013 9:03 AM

Feb 2012
^Japanzai got someone else to translate the final chapter, so it won't take that long again.

Sorry but that was just stupid.
Nov 29, 2013 9:08 AM

May 2013
Dang she just straight out left him. One more chapter to go!
Nov 29, 2013 9:36 AM

Jul 2013
hpulley said:
scintilliaSD said:

Yeah I thought Emiru said wait one year. So it was Kido! Now that's interesting...so he had no assurance she would come back....interesting....
Nov 29, 2013 10:06 AM

Jul 2012
A part of me saw this very thing coming a mile away. I just did not want to believe it.

Great chapter!!!
Nov 29, 2013 10:07 AM

Sep 2012
RightSaidFred said:
hpulley said:
scintilliaSD said:

Yeah I thought Emiru said wait one year. So it was Kido! Now that's interesting...so he had no assurance she would come back....interesting....
I thought that was her speaking there too, especially with the rules which I always thought of as hers... ah well! Did my best... guess I should have hedged my bets and just translated the dialog without adding names to it. Edit: done.
hpulleyNov 29, 2013 10:12 AM
Nov 29, 2013 10:30 AM

Nov 2010
wtf... Why did she leave him? What just happened there?
Nov 29, 2013 12:26 PM
Jun 2011
fuck this i dont need a sad ending,-.-- adleast one more chapter. hope that can make this mad chapter go away
Nov 29, 2013 12:38 PM

Jul 2013
hpulley said:
RightSaidFred said:
hpulley said:
scintilliaSD said:

I thought that was her speaking there too, especially with the rules which I always thought of as hers... ah well! Did my best... guess I should have hedged my bets and just translated the dialog without adding names to it. Edit: done.

Oh no worries. Hey you did a heck of a job. I thought it fit too. It didn't strike me as off, having that line attributed to Emiru. But it does make Emiru's lines in chapter 117 rather curious. The part about her not wanting to hurt Kido anymore. Considering she gave him no assurances of returning and did not explicitly accept his rule....so....hmmmm...
Nov 29, 2013 12:49 PM

Sep 2012
RightSaidFred said:
hpulley said:
RightSaidFred said:
hpulley said:
scintilliaSD said:

Oh no worries. Hey you did a heck of a job. I thought it fit too. It didn't strike me as off, having that line attributed to Emiru. But it does make Emiru's lines in chapter 117 rather curious. The part about her not wanting to hurt Kido anymore. Considering she gave him no assurances of returning and did not explicitly accept his rule....so....hmmmm...
Oh... well that line I didn't mean to say "Keep searching until it hurts you (Kido kun) for another you (Kido kun)," I wrote it to mean "Keep searching until it hurts ME finding another you." I thought it was her saying that she was hurting herself in her quest to find another guy like him when she really had him all along.

But it will be interesting to see what you guy think of the scanlators' take on chapter 117. I am not reading the scanlations so I never know how they compare but do let me know!

Are they doing Nozo x Kimio or is it a different group? I have volume 2 of that one with a lot more chapters and I see chapters 12 and 14 at least have threads so it seems like someone is translating them but I have no idea if it is the same group as I read the original books for both.
Nov 29, 2013 1:26 PM

Mar 2013
One more chapter. Let's see how things go
Nov 29, 2013 10:36 PM

Jul 2013
hpulley said:
Oh... well that line I didn't mean to say "Keep searching until it hurts you (Kido kun) for another you (Kido kun)," I wrote it to mean "Keep searching until it hurts ME finding another you." I thought it was her saying that she was hurting herself in her quest to find another guy like him when she really had him all along.

But it will be interesting to see what you guy think of the scanlators' take on chapter 117. I am not reading the scanlations so I never know how they compare but do let me know!

Are they doing Nozo x Kimio or is it a different group? I have volume 2 of that one with a lot more chapters and I see chapters 12 and 14 at least have threads so it seems like someone is translating them but I have no idea if it is the same group as I read the original books for both.

Hmmm, "find another you"....seems kind of odd to say that. Because you'd think she wasn't searching for another guy but looking to find herself since she said she felt stuck that she had not grown in the two years the had known each other. If that's the translation then I'll be really disappointed. I can understand the character leaving on a journey of self discovery. I wouldn't make sense for her looking for another Kido. That would make her worse than Yuri.

Renzokusei Scans is handling Nozo x Kimio. They're pretty up to date. Raws for chapter 16 are out so it won't be long before the release it.
Nov 29, 2013 11:25 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Damn it, after all that's happened please just give them a happy ending. I understand Emiru wanted to grow and develop as a person but newsflash, it is possible to do that together with someone who loves and supports you, you know?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 30, 2013 2:37 AM

Mar 2011
Yep, it looks like it was Kido in the end who set the "one year rule". Thank God I finished this months ago xD
Nov 30, 2013 6:44 AM

Dec 2012
Oh damn, what the hell - this chapter broke my heart. Emiru even dropped her phone so Kido can't contact her! One chapter left to go... I expect a one year time skip.

Considering how I didn't have as much interest in Nozoki Ana as I had earlier due to slow releases, this chapter brought back all the feelings I had towards this manga before chapter 100.
Nov 30, 2013 9:01 AM
Jul 2018
the whole one year things seems kind of arbitrarily prolonging the series. Just end it already why wait another chapter for her to come back in a year (cause we know she will come back they always do) unless there is going to be a lot mroe to that year she is gone.

OR

If they are going to pull the time skip then show everyone progress a lot further in life you know with kids and such and THEN have them reunite. Having them reconcile over one year seems rather pointless.

I would have been jsut as happy with them ending it in 115 traveling back to graduation but whatev. Still probablyt he best seinen love story evar (2nd to hetakoi maybe)
Nov 30, 2013 11:31 PM

Nov 2011
i hope they'll meet each other in that last ch :/ (yeah a time skip is most likely in that case)
Dec 1, 2013 12:12 AM

Jul 2013
DLshoujofan said:
the whole one year things seems kind of arbitrarily prolonging the series. Just end it already why wait another chapter for her to come back in a year (cause we know she will come back they always do) unless there is going to be a lot mroe to that year she is gone.

OR

If they are going to pull the time skip then show everyone progress a lot further in life you know with kids and such and THEN have them reunite. Having them reconcile over one year seems rather pointless.

I would have been jsut as happy with them ending it in 115 traveling back to graduation but whatev. Still probablyt he best seinen love story evar (2nd to hetakoi maybe)

Yeah because the 10 year time skip is soo much better *eye roll*

Do people not read this story or do they just like to bitch about trivial things....2 chapters is not prolonging anything. Go read Good Ending then talk to me about prolonging a story.

It has been well established that Emiru was a flight risk and there was heavy foreshadowing that she would leave. You have to be a complete simpleton not to expect it. It fully fits the character and the story. Given Emiru's tragic past an instant gratification happy ending is not possible.

Perhaps the time between releases makes it feel like the story is dragging. I would suggest reading chapters together. You get a better feel for the flow. For me the chapter flow seamlessly.
Dec 1, 2013 3:27 AM

Sep 2012
^^^ This! I am repeating myself but I am so glad I bought and read this in the tankobons. If I had to wait even a month between chapters 116 and 117 I think I really might have died of suspense... so glad I could just flip the pages quickly to find out what happened!!! Which was in March by the way... almost 9 months ago...
Dec 1, 2013 10:49 AM

Jun 2010
Timeskip lol, after letting out one big sigh of frustration, now it just seems kid of funny on how pointless it is.
Dec 1, 2013 5:01 PM
Apr 2011
Well, I just have to wait till 117 is released.. I love this series, and I don't want to end like this >.<
Dec 12, 2013 4:20 PM
Jul 2013
i just don't get why she would do that. i understand her tragic past with her creepy brother and all. but apparently making kido fall for her and leaving him behind is what it takes for her to make her time going. why is that? why make him believe in a happy end and just abandon him? for a climactic scene towards the end of the manga? i think this was done because they couldn't have the end right after their troublesome getting together as they needed to do fan service by showing kido and emiru fucking for a few chapters. now thats done they can't end the manga on a slow note, so, here comes the drama.
Dec 30, 2013 12:15 AM

Sep 2012
Good chapter but that was a dick move.
Dec 30, 2013 4:36 PM

Jan 2013
It didn't have to be that way.
Dec 30, 2013 5:25 PM
Jul 2018
her disappearing was a cheap move by the mangaka to force "cliffhanger"-like drama in preparation for the final chapter

hate these kinda moves and really drop a manga's overall rating to me. not cool

being realistic about it, if a couple has been through what Emiru and the MC had gone through, one of them would not suddenly disappear to "find themselves." that is the most ridiculous move ever.
Jan 1, 2014 1:09 AM

Jul 2013
loliterna said:
her disappearing was a cheap move by the mangaka to force "cliffhanger"-like drama in preparation for the final chapter

being realistic about it, if a couple has been through what Emiru and the MC had gone through, one of them would not suddenly disappear to "find themselves." that is the most ridiculous move ever.

Really? Go back and reread the last couple of chapters. It was painfully spelled out that even the most dullest child could see that Emiru was going to leave. Once again, Emiru said that time had stood still for her. She had not moved forward. She was the same as when she arrived two years ago. She needed to move forward and for her to do that she needed to leave Kido. She felt she could not ask him to wait for her.

And yes it's quite realistic for someone to leave to find themselves. You haven't lived long enough to understand that.
Jan 1, 2014 1:17 AM

Jul 2013
rajurashmi2000 said:
i just don't get why she would do that. i understand her tragic past with her creepy brother and all. but apparently making kido fall for her and leaving him behind is what it takes for her to make her time going. why is that? why make him believe in a happy end and just abandon him? for a climactic scene towards the end of the manga? i think this was done because they couldn't have the end right after their troublesome getting together as they needed to do fan service by showing kido and emiru fucking for a few chapters. now thats done they can't end the manga on a slow note, so, here comes the drama.

Emiru did not make Kido fall in lover with her. He did that all by himself. He chased her to her home. Emiru tried to get Kido to forget her.

If you read the story you would have known that the saccharin sweet happy ending was not possible. Emiru was always a flight risk. She repeatedly said she had not grown like Kido did. So her departure was necessary for the character. It certainly is no more egregious than what other stories have done.
Jan 18, 2014 3:10 AM

Mar 2013
Emiru really got annoying at the end.
Well, her leaving Kido could only make the final chapter's outcome predictable.
May 18, 2014 7:38 AM
May 2012
Marzan said:
Damn it, after all that's happened please just give them a happy ending. I understand Emiru wanted to grow and develop as a person but newsflash, it is possible to do that together with someone who loves and supports you, you know?

Exactly!!
Well, let's just see what will happen.
Jun 12, 2014 7:24 AM

Jan 2014
lol...i hope she didn't sleep with other guys with kido giving her a 1 year rule, if that is what you meant by "finding yourself, to grow and be more mature",..tha'ts just bull...
and if you meant by following your dreams and aiming for what you want for the future, then I would agree with any of you
peace guys..:)
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Jun 13, 2014 6:15 AM
Dec 2010
Wow. I saw the anime yesterday and thought it was interesting but saw a comment urging people to read the manga and not judge it on the anime alone. I thought, "well the story in the anime was interesting. If the manga is really so much better, it may be good." So, I started reading it yesterday... I didn't/couldn't stop.

Wow.

(yes the eroticism was intriguing, but the story would have been great even without it)
Feb 21, 2015 4:33 PM

May 2010
rajurashmi2000 said:

exactly this chapter made no sense
Feb 21, 2015 4:36 PM

May 2010
RightSaidFred said:
loliterna said:

Really? Go back and reread the last couple of chapters. It was painfully spelled out that even the most dullest child could see that Emiru was going to leave. Once again, Emiru said that time had stood still for her. She had not moved forward. She was the same as when she arrived two years ago. She needed to move forward and for her to do that she needed to leave Kido. She felt she could not ask him to wait for her.

And yes it's quite realistic for someone to leave to find themselves. You haven't lived long enough to understand that.

i knoww but the way she did it was just soo ILL. It didnt make any sense for her to hurt him like that. i was soo confused.
May 4, 2016 9:05 PM
Jul 2015
What just actually happen? tbh smh fam
Oct 18, 2016 11:16 AM

Oct 2012
So they really did that, only in nearby forest and pretty much silently... I was worried it would be something flashy at first :D
But still, it's a graveyard, still feels pretty weird :] Unlucky those few people who were just going around and saw them I guess :))

But the end, THE END.. how brutul was that. I kinda understand her motives and that she wanted to move on, not be depandable on stronger him but ONE year, I mean it's very long time for feelings to go away (but then again... maybe not... as I have gone through both experiences).

Still, his last attempt to bind her, I wonder how that will go (really hoping for her return, although this manga could also end as 'fleeting dream'). Kido will surely be long time in despair seeing her disappear in the crowd like this.

Let's just hope she won't return back with the baby, hehe :D
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nozoki Ana Chapter 70 Discussion

Explicitz - Dec 26, 2011

19 by Ssnowyy »»
Mar 16, 9:44 PM

Poll: » Nozoki Ana Chapter 97 Discussion

writtenonclouds - Oct 7, 2012

36 by YankataY »»
Mar 4, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Nozoki Ana Chapter 96 Discussion

Zhou - Sep 30, 2012

34 by YankataY »»
Feb 18, 2:22 PM

Poll: » Nozoki Ana Chapter 95 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Sep 23, 2012

23 by YankataY »»
Feb 9, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Nozoki Ana Chapter 94 Discussion

Potatoboy27 - Sep 16, 2012

32 by YankataY »»
Feb 5, 2:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.