Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Nozoki Ana Chapter 96 Discussion


#1
Sep 30, 2012 8:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 5438
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Madoka snapped (not as much as I expected though), I wonder if this is the last time we saw her, poor girl, I hate Kido for asking her to break up with him, Seiji should have punched him some more.
Modified by Zhou, Sep 30, 2012 8:10 PM
 
#2
Sep 30, 2012 8:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1534
that punch was nice. poor madoka she did nothing wrong. well hopefully she moves on peacefully and doesn't become all depressed and what not.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
#3
Sep 30, 2012 9:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 168
Considering they'll be graduating pretty soon, we won't be seeing Madoka again until the finale showing all the characters again.

Wonder what was up with that card, do you think it has something to do with Tsugumi?
 
#4
Oct 1, 2012 12:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 6938
Good punch, good end.
Thought she will go yandere but no ...
He resisted ...
Now, time to found Emiru !
 
#5
Oct 1, 2012 6:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 524
Kido really deserved that punched, if it was me i'd probaby punch him again after he gets up. I always tried to understand that it wasn't really Kido's fault with this whole situation, but this chapter made really realise that probably some part of it was his fault as well. He really is cowardly bastard.
 
#6
Oct 1, 2012 12:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 280
hahahaha i feel really sad for madoka

ohh well we just need to find emiru now ^....,^
 
#7
Oct 1, 2012 2:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 4930
Kido finally broke up with Madoka, this was good to see. Now to find Emiru.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
 
#8
Oct 2, 2012 7:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 2316
Good ch Kido did good and i was surprised too that Madoka didn't do anything "crazy".
 
#9
Oct 3, 2012 11:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 2723
Damn great chapter.

I really hope this manga isn't reaching its climax soon. I just started reading it and caught up thanks to the anime announcement.

Initially I was in it for the hot sex, but my god the characters and their relationships are amazing. I see the sex as a bonus now.
 
Oct 14, 2012 3:47 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 1
I hated this chapter, because of the way the break up was handled. I was so very angry and disappointed in the way Kido treated Madoka that I almost didn't want to continue reading the story with such a character and had to tell myself that the scene was just badly written.
I also felt the need to write a bit of a rant on the subject.
The way he treated her was just simply, terribly hateful. I know, he didn't actually hate her, and his dread of going to her and his tears afterward showed that. However, without him meaning to, his actions were hateful. If you saw someone go into someone else's home and rip their heart out and leave it bleeding on the floor, what conclusion would you come to but that that person hated the other. He left her confused, begging and crying hysterically, full of self-blame and bearing a wound that would probably take a long time to heal.
The part that bothered me the most was the panel that had him thinking something like, 'I wanted to hug her trembling shoulders but I resisted. I wanted to tell her how wonderful she was. . . but I no longer had the right to . . . that would have just been kindness to set myself at peace.' The really sad thing, the thing that bothered me so much more, is that I think this kind of thinking must actually sometimes happen in the real world, and it is all caused by a misunderstanding about what 'love' is. Kido, or perhaps the writer, was confusing feeling love toward someone (caring about them, wanting the best for them, wanting them to be happy) with being in love with someone (romantic feelings, thinking that they are the One you want to be with). These are actually two different things, and can exist separately. Since that was not understood, he tragically assumed that since he was no longer in love with her, he must therefore no longer love her, and therefore no longer treat her with love. This stupid semantic misunderstanding even overruled his correct urge to comfort her, and instead he acted coldly toward her, making things much much more painful than they needed to be.
'No longer had the right' to comfort and reassure her? I say he had the OBLIGATION to, as her friend that he mistakenly thought he was no longer supposed to be, as as another feeling human being.
'That would have just been kindness to set myself at peace'? Yes, but that's how we're made. It's called Empathy, and it's part of love. He was feeling her pain in his heart, and he properly had the urge to ease it. Acting to ease the pain he was feeling, doing that 'kindness', would have also acted to ease her pain, which, again, he was under obligation to do as well as he could.
I could tell well in advance, as most of us probably could, that this break up was going to come eventually. I really hoped that it would be done well, in some way that would not leave Madoka hurt. I see her as nothing but a sweet, kind, innocent girl who loves strongly (her boyfriend as well as her friends) and never did anything bad to anyone. (I disregard her behavior toward Emiru at the end because it was the result of Emiru expertly and meticulously pushing all of her buttons, including making her act protectively of Kido.) After the Letter, when it was definite that the breakup was coming soon, I thought a lot about what the best way would be to do it with minimal damage to Madoka (yes I really get into these emotional stories).
The first thing he should have done was have her put some sort of clothing on. This would help her feel more secure, less exposed, and also less cold! Also, sitting facing her and maybe holding her hands would have been more reassuring as well.
The next most important thing would be to set matters straight regarding Emiru, and clear her name. This would achieve several things. It would help Madoka see that the person she had regarded so highly before was, in fact, the person she had thought she was. Madoka doesn't seem to really have many friends and it would be nice if she could feel like she had a friend in her instead of an enemy. It would also help her understand that Kido wasn't leaving her for some terrible betraying monster who oppressed him, but for a wonderful (if strange) girl who loved Kido so much that she was willing to take all that pain onto herself for his sake. I think that feeling that the person he was choosing over her was someone whom she regarded highly would take a little of the sting out of it. Also, after Madoka's initial pain faded away, it would be encouraging for her to know that the guy she loved was with someone who would love him and protect him so fiercely. Finally, Emiru deserved to not be hated by someone she had considered a friend.
Next, he needed to reassure her of may things. That it was not her fault. That she did nothing wrong, but that he had just finally realized that he was in love with a girl whom he had met a year before her: the timing was just bad. That she, Madoka, was a wonderful person who deserved to be loved, and that he hoped she would one day find someone that would be deserving of her. That he was grateful for all the love she showed him and would never forget it.
Finally, I think a large source of her pain would be that he was just completely abandoning her, leaving a huge gaping hole in her heart. This was unnecessary. Though it may be a little awkward at times, I don't think there is any reason that he couldn't remain her friend. Instead of leaving a big hole, he could just change his position in her heart a bit. He could reassure her that he would still be there for her, to talk to or to encourage her when she needed it. He could say that he would even watch over her, and make sure that the guy she chose, when she was ready, would be someone who would treat her right.
Anyway, I feel better about the story by imagining that when he came out of her apartment building, someone would slap him around a bit, call him an idiot, explain these things to him, and send him back up to fix it. The writer just left that part out.
Sorry for the length of this rant, but that part of the story just really got me thinking. If you are still reading this at this point, I thank you.
What do you think of all of this?
 
Nov 5, 2012 8:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2044
"Don't stick your dick in crazy" comes to mind
 
Nov 11, 2012 8:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 2306
Honestly, I didn't really like Madoka to begin with, and I'm glad he finally let her go. Sure it wasn't deftly done, and somewhat cruel even, but I am still pleased their relationship is over.


 
Jan 3, 2013 12:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2269
I actually really liked Madoka. She's one of those pure girls that just want to be with the person they love and nothing else. She just didn't want Kido to be apart from her. Damn, sucks that they broke up but then again Kido's feelings have been all over the place thanks to Emiru and the whole peeping thing.
Those feels!!
 
Jan 24, 2013 11:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 597
i have to say, i feel bad for madoka, she was the victim and never cheated or anything :/
 
Apr 3, 2013 10:58 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 99
Madoka was on of the truly non-screwed up in the head chars here. She's a normal person who's opened up thanks to our Main char here.

i dont see how she's crazy. she's was in a great and very warm relationship and didnt want it to end. She thinks her closest friend betrayed her and was hurting the man she loved.

she was a breath of fresh air.

She's been hurt a lot by this breakup but he had to do it. Care as he might for her, if he cant prioritize her over Emiru, it will only destroy the relationship AND screw her up in the head.

this way she may be in pain, but its the natural pain any of us may experience in a break up which we may learn to get over.

I hated that asshat saying "you and her are a bad fit". which wasnt true at all, atleast before now. But thats just his dislike for the competition talking. i hope he can be the man our main Char couldnt be anymore for Madoka. He doesnt have to be nice to the Main Char.

I really feel for her pain. she didnt deserve this but she didnt deserve being strung along either. The punch was definitely deserved.
 
May 22, 2013 9:36 PM
originanime

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 10410
Madoka and Kido made such an awesome pairing when Madoka was less... freakydeaky.
 
Jun 30, 2013 11:41 AM
Acid flashback

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 8566
I think Madoka was very unfortunate but Kido did the right thing breaking ip with her. Didn't like the other smug bastard punching him though.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

 
Jul 23, 2013 3:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 280
boy that escalated quickly
 
Jul 26, 2013 4:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 11047
Nasost said:
I hated this chapter, because of the way the break up was handled. I was so very angry and disappointed in the way Kido treated Madoka that I almost didn't want to continue reading the story with such a character and had to tell myself that the scene was just badly written.
I also felt the need to write a bit of a rant on the subject.
The way he treated her was just simply, terribly hateful. I know, he didn't actually hate her, and his dread of going to her and his tears afterward showed that. However, without him meaning to, his actions were hateful. If you saw someone go into someone else's home and rip their heart out and leave it bleeding on the floor, what conclusion would you come to but that that person hated the other. He left her confused, begging and crying hysterically, full of self-blame and bearing a wound that would probably take a long time to heal.
The part that bothered me the most was the panel that had him thinking something like, 'I wanted to hug her trembling shoulders but I resisted. I wanted to tell her how wonderful she was. . . but I no longer had the right to . . . that would have just been kindness to set myself at peace.' The really sad thing, the thing that bothered me so much more, is that I think this kind of thinking must actually sometimes happen in the real world, and it is all caused by a misunderstanding about what 'love' is. Kido, or perhaps the writer, was confusing feeling love toward someone (caring about them, wanting the best for them, wanting them to be happy) with being in love with someone (romantic feelings, thinking that they are the One you want to be with). These are actually two different things, and can exist separately. Since that was not understood, he tragically assumed that since he was no longer in love with her, he must therefore no longer love her, and therefore no longer treat her with love. This stupid semantic misunderstanding even overruled his correct urge to comfort her, and instead he acted coldly toward her, making things much much more painful than they needed to be.
'No longer had the right' to comfort and reassure her? I say he had the OBLIGATION to, as her friend that he mistakenly thought he was no longer supposed to be, as as another feeling human being.
'That would have just been kindness to set myself at peace'? Yes, but that's how we're made. It's called Empathy, and it's part of love. He was feeling her pain in his heart, and he properly had the urge to ease it. Acting to ease the pain he was feeling, doing that 'kindness', would have also acted to ease her pain, which, again, he was under obligation to do as well as he could.
I could tell well in advance, as most of us probably could, that this break up was going to come eventually. I really hoped that it would be done well, in some way that would not leave Madoka hurt. I see her as nothing but a sweet, kind, innocent girl who loves strongly (her boyfriend as well as her friends) and never did anything bad to anyone. (I disregard her behavior toward Emiru at the end because it was the result of Emiru expertly and meticulously pushing all of her buttons, including making her act protectively of Kido.) After the Letter, when it was definite that the breakup was coming soon, I thought a lot about what the best way would be to do it with minimal damage to Madoka (yes I really get into these emotional stories).
The first thing he should have done was have her put some sort of clothing on. This would help her feel more secure, less exposed, and also less cold! Also, sitting facing her and maybe holding her hands would have been more reassuring as well.
The next most important thing would be to set matters straight regarding Emiru, and clear her name. This would achieve several things. It would help Madoka see that the person she had regarded so highly before was, in fact, the person she had thought she was. Madoka doesn't seem to really have many friends and it would be nice if she could feel like she had a friend in her instead of an enemy. It would also help her understand that Kido wasn't leaving her for some terrible betraying monster who oppressed him, but for a wonderful (if strange) girl who loved Kido so much that she was willing to take all that pain onto herself for his sake. I think that feeling that the person he was choosing over her was someone whom she regarded highly would take a little of the sting out of it. Also, after Madoka's initial pain faded away, it would be encouraging for her to know that the guy she loved was with someone who would love him and protect him so fiercely. Finally, Emiru deserved to not be hated by someone she had considered a friend.
Next, he needed to reassure her of may things. That it was not her fault. That she did nothing wrong, but that he had just finally realized that he was in love with a girl whom he had met a year before her: the timing was just bad. That she, Madoka, was a wonderful person who deserved to be loved, and that he hoped she would one day find someone that would be deserving of her. That he was grateful for all the love she showed him and would never forget it.
Finally, I think a large source of her pain would be that he was just completely abandoning her, leaving a huge gaping hole in her heart. This was unnecessary. Though it may be a little awkward at times, I don't think there is any reason that he couldn't remain her friend. Instead of leaving a big hole, he could just change his position in her heart a bit. He could reassure her that he would still be there for her, to talk to or to encourage her when she needed it. He could say that he would even watch over her, and make sure that the guy she chose, when she was ready, would be someone who would treat her right.
Anyway, I feel better about the story by imagining that when he came out of her apartment building, someone would slap him around a bit, call him an idiot, explain these things to him, and send him back up to fix it. The writer just left that part out.
Sorry for the length of this rant, but that part of the story just really got me thinking. If you are still reading this at this point, I thank you.
What do you think of all of this?


EXACTLY
 
Oct 17, 2013 1:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 2250
Now we can have him looking for Emiru.
 
Nov 24, 2013 10:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 789
He finally settled things with Madoka.
 
May 18, 2014 3:06 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 6853
It was good to see Kido breaking up with Madoka, but it hurts to see Madoka getting hurt :/ Kido should have stayed longer and explained some things to Madoka, maybe that happened but they just didn't show it.
Kido really deserved that punch!!! Goodluck to Madoka :)
That card will lead to the new character.
 
Apr 28, 2016 10:17 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 69
Madoka deserved better but oi, Seiji is a cunt. Lets hope his attempts fail. Smug cunts annoy me the most.
 
May 21, 2016 9:52 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 262
sirbootypopper said:
Madoka deserved better but oi, Seiji is a cunt. Lets hope his attempts fail. Smug cunts annoy me the most.


I literally though I was the only one. Hate Seiji. Could have just give her some development to become a more independent woman.
 
May 21, 2016 9:53 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 262
Tengai said:
It was good to see Kido breaking up with Madoka, but it hurts to see Madoka getting hurt :/ Kido should have stayed longer and explained some things to Madoka, maybe that happened but they just didn't show it.
Kido really deserved that punch!!! Goodluck to Madoka :)
That card will lead to the new character.


She lost it. Honestly man, I already knew she was a lost cause after she gave Emiru a hiding. If anything she deserved every bit of it. No matter how sad I felt lol.
 
May 21, 2016 9:56 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 262
This was good. My only beef is that smug fuck punching the guy. He has already been through a lot. If anything, he should have been slapped by the girl instead. Already read the ending, so I know who she ends up with, but seriously she could have got some legit development and grew stronger has a character. Being in a relationship doesn't mean jack. Yuri is a great example of a woman growing stronger.
 
Jul 23, 2016 9:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 5434
And her it is, the breakup.. I really liked how Madoka was in denial almost all the time, people often act exactly like that when hearing something they don't want to hear. Good job writing those lines I guess.

But that other guy, Seiji or something, he's just a prick. I hate it has to be him who is going after Madoka, she really deserves better.

Oh well, now it's done. The final search for Emiru begins? But I believe there would be some problem even if he finds her.

Nasost said:
I hated this chapter, because of the way the break up was handled. I was so very angry and disappointed in the way Kido treated Madoka that I almost didn't want to continue reading the story with such a character and had to tell myself that the scene was just badly written.
I also felt the need to write a bit of a rant on the subject.

Finally, I think a large source of her pain would be that he was just completely abandoning her, leaving a huge gaping hole in her heart. This was unnecessary. Though it may be a little awkward at times, I don't think there is any reason that he couldn't remain her friend. Instead of leaving a big hole, he could just change his position in her heart a bit. He could reassure her that he would still be there for her, to talk to or to encourage her when she needed it. He could say that he would even watch over her, and make sure that the guy she chose, when she was ready, would be someone who would treat her right.

I read whole of your post and I have to disagee with you - it was actually done great. Break-ups are never nice and usually it gets messy. Giving her false hope or promising a friendship would be even worse, trust me. It would actually be counterproductive if he did that. She just needs some time alone now to heal. And he even had the balls to visit her and be with her thoughout her pain, letting her reach at least some closure. Most of the breakups nowadays happens over the phone and believe me that's really the worst thing to do. And he also straightly gave her his reasons, not beating around the bush which is also commendable. The pain is worse but at least she wouldn't be asking herself what she did wrong.

So yeah, you may not like what he did, you may hate him for doing that (although he's just trying to be honest with himself) but it was actually great chapter to read. Really true to what those situations looks like in the real life.
Modified by Mich666, Jul 23, 2016 10:02 AM
 
May 15, 2017 11:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 78
ouch, madoka really didn't wanted to break up with kido. It's sad to see such a nice girl in that state of despair...

and I actually kinda hated to see kido getting falcon punched so easily without attacking back. Though it's probably because i just really hate seiji. The story would be still fine if he wasn't there.
🌚
 
Jul 27, 2017 3:25 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 102
Nasost said:
I hated this chapter, because of the way the break up was handled. I was so very angry and disappointed in the way Kido treated Madoka that I almost didn't want to continue reading the story with such a character and had to tell myself that the scene was just badly written.
I also felt the need to write a bit of a rant on the subject.
The way he treated her was just simply, terribly hateful. I know, he didn't actually hate her, and his dread of going to her and his tears afterward showed that. However, without him meaning to, his actions were hateful. If you saw someone go into someone else's home and rip their heart out and leave it bleeding on the floor, what conclusion would you come to but that that person hated the other. He left her confused, begging and crying hysterically, full of self-blame and bearing a wound that would probably take a long time to heal.
The part that bothered me the most was the panel that had him thinking something like, 'I wanted to hug her trembling shoulders but I resisted. I wanted to tell her how wonderful she was. . . but I no longer had the right to . . . that would have just been kindness to set myself at peace.' The really sad thing, the thing that bothered me so much more, is that I think this kind of thinking must actually sometimes happen in the real world, and it is all caused by a misunderstanding about what 'love' is. Kido, or perhaps the writer, was confusing feeling love toward someone (caring about them, wanting the best for them, wanting them to be happy) with being in love with someone (romantic feelings, thinking that they are the One you want to be with). These are actually two different things, and can exist separately. Since that was not understood, he tragically assumed that since he was no longer in love with her, he must therefore no longer love her, and therefore no longer treat her with love. This stupid semantic misunderstanding even overruled his correct urge to comfort her, and instead he acted coldly toward her, making things much much more painful than they needed to be.
'No longer had the right' to comfort and reassure her? I say he had the OBLIGATION to, as her friend that he mistakenly thought he was no longer supposed to be, as as another feeling human being.
'That would have just been kindness to set myself at peace'? Yes, but that's how we're made. It's called Empathy, and it's part of love. He was feeling her pain in his heart, and he properly had the urge to ease it. Acting to ease the pain he was feeling, doing that 'kindness', would have also acted to ease her pain, which, again, he was under obligation to do as well as he could.
I could tell well in advance, as most of us probably could, that this break up was going to come eventually. I really hoped that it would be done well, in some way that would not leave Madoka hurt. I see her as nothing but a sweet, kind, innocent girl who loves strongly (her boyfriend as well as her friends) and never did anything bad to anyone. (I disregard her behavior toward Emiru at the end because it was the result of Emiru expertly and meticulously pushing all of her buttons, including making her act protectively of Kido.) After the Letter, when it was definite that the breakup was coming soon, I thought a lot about what the best way would be to do it with minimal damage to Madoka (yes I really get into these emotional stories).
The first thing he should have done was have her put some sort of clothing on. This would help her feel more secure, less exposed, and also less cold! Also, sitting facing her and maybe holding her hands would have been more reassuring as well.
The next most important thing would be to set matters straight regarding Emiru, and clear her name. This would achieve several things. It would help Madoka see that the person she had regarded so highly before was, in fact, the person she had thought she was. Madoka doesn't seem to really have many friends and it would be nice if she could feel like she had a friend in her instead of an enemy. It would also help her understand that Kido wasn't leaving her for some terrible betraying monster who oppressed him, but for a wonderful (if strange) girl who loved Kido so much that she was willing to take all that pain onto herself for his sake. I think that feeling that the person he was choosing over her was someone whom she regarded highly would take a little of the sting out of it. Also, after Madoka's initial pain faded away, it would be encouraging for her to know that the guy she loved was with someone who would love him and protect him so fiercely. Finally, Emiru deserved to not be hated by someone she had considered a friend.
Next, he needed to reassure her of may things. That it was not her fault. That she did nothing wrong, but that he had just finally realized that he was in love with a girl whom he had met a year before her: the timing was just bad. That she, Madoka, was a wonderful person who deserved to be loved, and that he hoped she would one day find someone that would be deserving of her. That he was grateful for all the love she showed him and would never forget it.
Finally, I think a large source of her pain would be that he was just completely abandoning her, leaving a huge gaping hole in her heart. This was unnecessary. Though it may be a little awkward at times, I don't think there is any reason that he couldn't remain her friend. Instead of leaving a big hole, he could just change his position in her heart a bit. He could reassure her that he would still be there for her, to talk to or to encourage her when she needed it. He could say that he would even watch over her, and make sure that the guy she chose, when she was ready, would be someone who would treat her right.
Anyway, I feel better about the story by imagining that when he came out of her apartment building, someone would slap him around a bit, call him an idiot, explain these things to him, and send him back up to fix it. The writer just left that part out.
Sorry for the length of this rant, but that part of the story just really got me thinking. If you are still reading this at this point, I thank you.
What do you think of all of this?

THat i still hate Kido is still a dick his action don't redeem him at all, i hate him with passion for ruining Madoka -As a late bloomer , their relationship had way too much sex and that's why the only way that she knew how to show her love for him was trough sex and pushed her to act so desperate.
 
Feb 24, 2:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 144
Speaking from personal experience, while it may have seemed cruel.. he actually did the best he could with such a crappy situation. It's better to leave as little hope or physical intimacy as possible when dealing with a relationship you can no longer pursue, it helps start the grieving/healing process. It's something I wish my ex had done for me.

Quick thought about Madoka: She's not quite as pure as everyone is making her out to be, she has a rather vicious streak when provoked. Still, she was a fun character, and I kinda wish she could have been another manga's female protagonist.

Onto the climatic search for Emiru now!
"Even if the morrow is barren of promise.. nothing shall forestall my return."
nothing shall forestall my return."
 
Top