Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 8, 2013 5:12 AM

Sep 2012
Come on, people are mad at the time travel of this episode? This theory has been used a lot, like in Chrono Trigger and Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu, it's a pretty cool mindfuck.

And finally the plot got truly back on track, awesomely btw, I even raised the score back to 9. I see what they were trying to do in episodes 13 to 19, but that dragged for too long, seriously. In the manga it must be even worse, since it's longer.
Mar 8, 2013 5:22 AM

Jan 2008
I see my hunch back in the Ep 10~13 was correct about Aika killing herself.

The fight between the two was prtty nice. It was nice to actually see some fighting. Been a while since we were shown any actual scenes.

I found Aika's personality was quite fun too, when she was playing detective.
Mar 8, 2013 5:32 AM

Aug 2009
Just... amazing characterization and development in an episode. I love it when I can't side between two arguments. It simply means that they're worthy enough to fight for. Great episode.
Mar 8, 2013 6:11 AM

Jan 2013
Wow this has been the best ep of this show. At least my time travel idea was correct, but I didn't expect it to go down like that. I wonder how the others will react to this news.
Mar 8, 2013 6:23 AM

Apr 2011
The fight was very one sided I thought it would have went down to the finish.
I enjoyed this episode overall and its the best one so far.
Stitches327 said:
Also am i the only one that thought Aika's sword looked like one of the Di-Swords from Chaos;Head?

Nope it reminded me of Chaos Head too.
Mar 8, 2013 7:00 AM

Aug 2008
There are tons I want to say, but I will just put it in one sentence.

Aika was simply awesome.
Mar 8, 2013 7:48 AM

Apr 2012
Aika is one peculiar girl... I'm not quite sure I like her, as she seems to care little for life and the people living it while Hakaze act more emotional and in-tune with humanity, a trait I prefer over Aika's aloofness.

That set aside, the power gap between Aika and Hakaze was so much bigger than expected. Hakaze was getting her ass kicked by a self-taught mage despite having received training since she was little. It was weird, to say the least.

I liked the end of the episode though, where Hakaze sees Mahiro in the window and Yoshino ran past her.
Mar 8, 2013 8:13 AM

Jul 2012
Possibly one of the favourite episodes so far.

I feel sad after watching Hakaze sad. :c
Mar 8, 2013 8:44 AM

Feb 2013
No doubt that Hakaze has better boobs than Aika, although Fraulein had the best.

But Aika gave it her best and I actually now like her more than Hakaze.

5/5 Epic, made me shed a tear.
Mar 8, 2013 8:49 AM
Jan 2013
Nice Cat Fight, too bad Hakaze loose an Aika still has to commit Seppuku. Looks like while Hakaze figures out to go back into the future, everyone seems to bet in a rumble.
Mar 8, 2013 9:02 AM

Feb 2012
it was ok.
Mar 8, 2013 9:54 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
I usually don't like time travel - it all to often just seems like the writer just wanted to play logic and paradox games. Here I was fine with the way it worked out.

And, in any case, I haven't written off Aiko yet.
Mar 8, 2013 11:03 AM

Apr 2011
Great episode.Aika became my favourite female character of the anime now.I still like Hakaze but after this one, I can say for sure that she is a great character.
Mar 8, 2013 11:28 AM

Apr 2010
The episode was great as always, it turned out to be as I expected but it was executed in a good way so I'm ok with it. Now let's see what happens next week

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Mar 8, 2013 11:51 AM

Nov 2010
I just realize that Aika is much taller than Hakaze then if you Aika and Yoshino side by side Yoshino is much taller than Aika. Then Hakaze must be... really small
Mar 8, 2013 11:53 AM

Sep 2011
temporary said:
This series turned to complete shit after the mention of aliens.
wait.....the series turned to shit after they made a JOKE about how its aliens......are you fucking kidding me?

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 8, 2013 12:41 PM

Feb 2012
Amazing episode. Aika's character is getting more and more interesting with each episode. Lol at the punch she gave to Hakaze (poor Hakaze though, she didn't deserve that), their fight overall was awesome.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Mar 8, 2013 12:54 PM

Sep 2012
This episode was great, an epic fight between Hakaze and Aika and the explaination of what happened to her made it the best episode so far. This anime is getting really good.
Mar 8, 2013 1:03 PM

Jan 2012
Not the best episode in terms of plot, but this was probably one of my favorites in this series. I guess it's because of the attachment I felt for the characters and their bonds is what made me like this episode so much even though the events were somewhat predictable.
Mar 8, 2013 1:55 PM

Jul 2012
Part of me is hoping Aika somehow reappears and makes it to present time with everyone. But the other part of me knows how unlikely that is.
Mar 8, 2013 2:58 PM

Jul 2011
Intense episode. I really liked it but one thing disappointed me, Hakaze didn't say to Aika that she's in love with Yoshino, I wanted to see her reaction.

5/5
Mar 8, 2013 2:59 PM

Jun 2010
Awesome.
5/5
Mar 8, 2013 3:18 PM

Sep 2011
ainky said:
I wanted to see her reaction.
You kind of did with how aika reacted to yoshino crying

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 8, 2013 4:23 PM

Jul 2012
I love this episode. ;n; 5/5
Mar 8, 2013 5:36 PM

Aug 2011
Most awesome episode of the entire series, and that, is saying something!!!

It's official... Aika is by far my favorite character of the series. Not because it is revealed she is the mage of Exodus, but because of her strong character and willingness to sacrifice for those she loves. The highlight for me was... that explosive a straight jab to Hakaze's face. For future reference, I don't think you want to make Yoshino cry. That is one possessive chick.

If Aika had lived everyone, including Mahiro & Yoshino would have died; the mage realized this and her selfless act allowed them to survive. I can only wonder what happens now.
Mar 8, 2013 6:15 PM

Mar 2011
Aika is one strong girl for the sake of logic..
Mar 8, 2013 7:01 PM

Sep 2011
Lol Aika killing herself was obvious from a mile away xD. I wonder what that letter says though for Yoshino and Mahiro.
Mar 8, 2013 7:03 PM

Sep 2011
CDenver said:
Part of me is hoping Aika somehow reappears and makes it to present time with everyone. But the other part of me knows how unlikely that is.
The show would lose so many quality points if they brought back aika.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 8, 2013 7:04 PM

Jul 2009
I love when an episode is so great that I have nothing to say about it. It speaks for itself.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Mar 8, 2013 8:06 PM

Mar 2012
Aika is so strong, and that why I love her

this episode deeply moved me
Mar 8, 2013 9:03 PM

May 2010
Aika reads too much; a tragedy is a tragedy.
Mar 8, 2013 11:01 PM

Jul 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
CDenver said:
The show would lose so many quality points if they brought back aika.
Exactly. It's just too bad that she died, even though it was necessary.
Mar 9, 2013 12:22 AM

Sep 2012
this entire time while watching this series and realized how hard it was to trace Aikas killer i was like, "she probably committed suicide" but i was like nah that would be dumb.
AND THEN 4 WEEKS LATER

she commits suicide....( =3=)
great episode, shocked to see Hakaze get her ass handled to her since she had such a OP reputation and what not.
Mar 9, 2013 2:34 AM

Jun 2008
Wow! i pretty much nailed the whole paradox stuff about Aika learning the future from Hakaze and killing herself when Hakaze went back because Aika killed herself in my previous episode post.

Monad said:
Misail said:
So, if Aika is the mage of Exodus it means there is a possibility that she killed herself
(don’t tell me if its right or wrong I don’t want spoilers)

Well as it is now it seems we have two most possible scenarios.
Ether she fought with Hakaze and got killed by her or she killed herself so she can manipulate the events following her death. The second scenario would need of course her having some sort of clairvoyance knowing what events her death will cause but maybe she doesn't need it now with Hakaze arriving from the future. Maybe she will fool Hakaze in telling her the future and knowing all this events she may decide that it fits her agenda(whatever that may be) and decides to kill herself so she can make those events come to reality.

So ironically if the last scenario comes true, Hakaze will still be partly responsible for her death because the knowledge that made Aika kill herself was given by her.

Btw i liked how they made the fighting seem like Aika was dancing. Even after the revelations and her death Aika managed to keep her mysterious nature.

Still confused about one thing. Why does Aika believe that everyone will die if she doesn't kill herself. Beacuse only Hakaze can defeat the tree of Genesis? She can't? But she said that maybe she isn't suppose to be able do. So she doesn't know for certain.
So why take such extreme measure for a doubtful future.
Maybe she they could very well have defeated the tree without her needing to kill herself.
In a way she seemed too willing to kill herself.
Another thing i dodn't get is what happens with the tree of Exodus. If the tree of Genesis resets shit and doesn't let humanity keep going then what about the tree of Exodus? Didn't that tree wanted to destroy everything in the past? Shouldn't they destroy that too.
Also i don't know if it was the translation wrong but Aika said that gets direct power by the tree of Genesis? The tree of Genesis? Wait isn't she the magician of Exodus? Why get power from the tree of Genesis? Are the two trees actually connected and in a way one and the same?
MonadMar 9, 2013 2:44 AM
Mar 9, 2013 5:10 AM
Feb 2013
Well, Hakaze did all she can to keep Aika from committing Seppuku.
Mar 9, 2013 5:33 AM
Apr 2011
Wow, Fuwa Aika is Awesome, and she have very good personalty.
Too bad, there's no super fighting betwen thoose mage...
Mar 9, 2013 7:00 AM

Oct 2012
After the episode i kind of only have 1 question : Mahiro's revenge got cancelled ?
Mar 9, 2013 7:21 AM

Jan 2011
This episode got me pretty emotional, although not even to the point of watery eyes.
Aika is pretty badass, her way of thinking is fascinating, it's really sad that she wasn't able to spend more time with Yoshino. Hakaze hasn't been that likable for me.
CDenver said:

Absolutely, this was way too sad!
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 9, 2013 8:33 AM

Sep 2012
Tyrel said:
Lol Aika killing herself was obvious from a mile away xD. I wonder what that letter says though for Yoshino and Mahiro.
The key is how it is executed. Besides it is not as if they made it so unavoidable that what it was revealed it turned into an anticlimax. Even if we could tell Aika would kill herself, I doubt how many people would have predicted Aika said what she said (including cool thing like that cake in the fridge).

Great sakuga/animation. Great music. Great interaction between Hakaze and Aika. Great dialogues. Great emotion or feeling expression (Hakaze's crying before soon-to-be Aika's grave, Aika hitting Hakaze because she knew Yoshino would cry only if he was pressed into a corner and it was Hakaze who did it). Everything that went before in the series seem to be just preparation for the fateful encounter of these two most unforgettable female characters.

Aika is way so cool -- and what is a better scenario to produce a murder mystery where the victim, the perpetrator and the detective are all the same person !!
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 9, 2013 8:46 AM

Sep 2012
Monad said:
Still confused about one thing. Why does Aika believe that everyone will die if she doesn't kill herself. Beacuse only Hakaze can defeat the tree of Genesis? She can't? But she said that maybe she isn't suppose to be able do. So she doesn't know for certain.
I don't think she said everyone will die if she doesn't kill herself. She said everyone will die if she lives (which is a bit different). Anyway, her point is that everyone will die if the status quo is maintained - no one does anything significant enough to stop the Tree of Genesis. She said she would go to warn (and push) the Kusaribe clan if she were to live but since she was destined to die she had to get someone to do so, which seems to be Hakaze now. Obviously she knew she was not able to defeat the Tree of Genesis by herself.

Monad said:
Another thing i dodn't get is what happens with the tree of Exodus. If the tree of Genesis resets shit and doesn't let humanity keep going then what about the tree of Exodus? Didn't that tree wanted to destroy everything in the past? Shouldn't they destroy that too.
I do not see any concrete proof saying that the Tree of Exodus wanted to destroy everything the past. Hakaze said something like that before but we all know now that, just like her thought that Tree of Genesis gives peace and protection to humanity, is not really true. According to the latest revelation, the Tree of Exodus is a tool that needs to be used to destroy the Tree of Genesis, to prevent it from becoming the Civilization Buster and resetting human civilization. Other than that it does not seem to have other purpose, at least not from what has been revealed so far.

Monad said:
Also i don't know if it was the translation wrong but Aika said that gets direct power by the tree of Genesis? The tree of Genesis? Wait isn't she the magician of Exodus? Why get power from the tree of Genesis? Are the two trees actually connected and in a way one and the same?
Not sure about the English sub, but in the Japanese dialogue Aika said that her power would increase in proportion to power drawn from Tree of Genesis by the other side. So when Hakaze used even more powerful magic, Aika's power also got more powerful, which is one big reason why Aika ssaid Hakaze could not defeat her.

Everything I say here I got from only the anime, so if it differs from the manga, pardon me.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 9, 2013 10:03 AM

Jun 2008
Monad said:

So why take such extreme measure for a doubtful future.
Maybe she they could very well have defeated the tree without her needing to kill herself.
In a way she seemed too willing to kill herself.
Another thing i didn't get is what happens with the tree of Exodus. If the tree of Genesis resets shit and doesn't let humanity keep going then what about the tree of Exodus? Didn't that tree wanted to destroy everything in the past? Shouldn't they destroy that too.

Funny that I have precisely the same doubts. Im not sure if Ive been understanding this well so if someone can clear up things Ill be very grateful.
Yoshino and Mahiro led Aika to wish a "happy end", and that would mean saving the world/civilization. The Exodus tree is the one that can destroy the Genesis tree, so that would be Aika´s job, but then, since both Aika and Hakaze are "slaves" from the trees, perhaps it would make more sense if it was Hakaze herself defeating the tree of Genesis, breaking the "slave" bond. For that to happen, she had to be strongly committed to that purpose and that could only happen if she met Mahiro and Yoshino and to meet them (common people) only would be possible if they were driven by Aika´s death, otherwise it would be Aika who would go meet Hakaze, but Hakaze would never believe the mage of exodus.
About why the tree needs offerings, Aika said:
"To ensure that will not have social negative effects, to ensure they dont try to become a governmental authority(...)".
What I understood: To not make "evil"/non-logic surpass "good"/logic; So the representatives of the tree do not become the authority, because that must belong to the tree; ).
Also Evangeline said something about "the purpose of the genesis tree is to face defeat" and that is a test to humanity. Following the biblical tree of life that would be a test to lead to "one's spiritual life for the betterment of our character, "healing" our selfish tendencies."
OrulyonMar 9, 2013 10:18 AM

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Mar 9, 2013 12:51 PM

Oct 2009
Morridine said:
You gotta love Aika for this episode. Cant figure why people complain about it being predictable. This story was not probably intended to be an awesome mistery, but deliver epic characters. As predictable as it was, Aika killed herself without the least trace of doubt, while ALL fucking similar scenes are usually covered in drama in order to seem believable, this one was just mindblowingly straight to the point yet credible and touching.

I will probably never be able to praise this show enough, simply because of its weirdness, to some extent.
I couldnt agree more :D
Mar 9, 2013 1:02 PM

Jul 2008
Hakaze seeing Yoshino running toward the Fuwa mansion was a tear jerker
Mar 9, 2013 2:56 PM

May 2011
Aika was just so wonderful in this episode and I absolutely loved the scene where she was fighting Hakaze. She was just so elegant and beautiful in that fight beatdown and it was really nice to see her final thoughts about Yoshino and Mahiro. That finishing move she had looked awesome as well with those blazing red eyes.

Watching Hakaze's last attempt in saving Aika and crying like that at the end was just so sad ;_;. She had me tearing up there. What a great episode.
Mar 9, 2013 3:12 PM

Jul 2010
This stuff's very well written! It's so confusing with the whole time-travel aspect, so I didn't see the fact that Aika killed herself coming.

The whole thing with the Tree of Genesis is just like the Reapers! The tree will reset everything to prevent the humans from becoming to strong and civilization has gone through this cycle many times in the past.

Mar 9, 2013 4:40 PM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
Tyrel said:
The key is how it is executed. Besides it is not as if they made it so unavoidable that what it was revealed it turned into an anticlimax. Even if we could tell Aika would kill herself, I doubt how many people would have predicted Aika said what she said (including cool thing like that cake in the fridge).

Great sakuga/animation. Great music. Great interaction between Hakaze and Aika. Great dialogues. Great emotion or feeling expression (Hakaze's crying before soon-to-be Aika's grave, Aika hitting Hakaze because she knew Yoshino would cry only if he was pressed into a corner and it was Hakaze who did it). Everything that went before in the series seem to be just preparation for the fateful encounter of these two most unforgettable female characters.

Aika is way so cool -- and what is a better scenario to produce a murder mystery where the victim, the perpetrator and the detective are all the same person !!
I agree. It's all about execution and development. I only figured out that Aika would kill herself only after she appeared on the roof and pulled out that sword. I still didn't know how or why she would do that until we saw Hakaze telling Aika about the future.
symbv said:
Monad said:
I don't think she said everyone will die if she doesn't kill herself. She said everyone will die if she lives (which is a bit different). Anyway, her point is that everyone will die if the status quo is maintained - no one does anything significant enough to stop the Tree of Genesis. She said she would go to warn (and push) the Kusaribe clan if she were to live but since she was destined to die she had to get someone to do so, which seems to be Hakaze now. Obviously she knew she was not able to defeat the Tree of Genesis by herself.
Aika said that around 5 billion people would die if the tree awakened in 10 years -- that would include Yoshino and Mahiro.
IconicMar 9, 2013 4:44 PM
Mar 9, 2013 8:22 PM
Jun 2012
The story is NOT perdictable. The story is initially and purposefully GIVEN to you. The synopsis of the anime tells you it uses several of Shakespeare's Hamlet's elements. If you know anything at all about Shakespeare you'd know his stories prologues give you exactly what happens in the story. Basicly he spoils the entire story, yet doesn't mess it up. An example of this is in Romeo and Juliet's prolgue, "Two star crossed lovers take their life." Boom. There's your ending. He doesn't need to keep the story a secret to make it good.

Morridine said:
You gotta love Aika for this episode. Cant figure why people complain about it being predictable. This story was not probably intended to be an awesome mistery, but deliver epic characters. As predictable as it was, Aika killed herself without the least trace of doubt, while ALL fucking similar scenes are usually covered in drama in order to seem believable, this one was just mindblowingly straight to the point yet credible and touching.

I will probably never be able to praise this show enough, simply because of its weirdness, to some extent.
Mar 9, 2013 11:18 PM

Jul 2010
Boy this episode wasn't predictable for me I really thought someone killed her not -
Taking her own life?
The fight was awesome how Aika just punched Hakaze( me going woah girls)
Glad they faught and not girly slapped or kicked.
I felt sad at the end.
Hope the boys undertsand her reason why she did what she did.
Mar 9, 2013 11:48 PM

May 2010
Oh aika's popularity sky-rocketed in this episode:)
Mar 10, 2013 1:09 AM

Nov 2012
i didn't think i would like aika this much
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

398 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

116 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

278 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

138 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 8:15 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

175 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 6:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.