Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 28, 2013 2:58 PM

Oct 2011
As I (and many others) have expected, Aika is the mage of Exodus. I don't think she was killed by Hakaze in the past though, because Hakaze clearly doesn't remember the event. Which leaves the question --- how did she die?

Feb 28, 2013 3:02 PM

Nov 2007
Oh, it was because of baseball game that the airing got late?

More detail about how to go back to the past. lol @ the massage chair and that long hair guy's joke.

What?? @ Aika's identity!! And the fight next ep... (lol @ the Sudden English at the preview)

Looks like Devil Survivor is replacing this anime's timeslot next season.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 28, 2013 3:10 PM
Oct 2011
God, I hate the fact that I was right that the one of the best, if not the BEST fighting scene in the manga is next week. Not complaining though, more Aika = <3

It almost broke my heart to see Yoshino's crestfallen face when Hakaze said there wasn't any way Aika would be able to live. Like really, I don't blame him or Mahiro for falling for her. She's one of the most well written characters I've ever known.

I love how calm and collected Aika was. This episode made me like Hakaze a bit more, it must suck doing alot for a guy that doesn't return your feelings.

As for the preview:
Fallen_LullabyFeb 28, 2013 3:16 PM
Feb 28, 2013 3:23 PM

Feb 2010
Aw yeah!! THAT SWORD. Looking foward to an all out brawl next week!!
Feb 28, 2013 3:27 PM

Jul 2009
basically reaction of most people I assume

If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).
Feb 28, 2013 3:30 PM

Jan 2008
The anime will end soon, I'm sad :(
Feb 28, 2013 3:37 PM

Feb 2012
Was mind blown from this episode!! Never came across my mind Aika was the Mage of Exodus, now I'm thinking will yoshino or mahiro time travel too to protect hakaze? Or is there a third unintroduced Mage?
Feb 28, 2013 3:46 PM

Feb 2012
Dudewitbow said:
basically reaction of most people I assume

Yeah thats my reaction haha.

Feb 28, 2013 3:48 PM

May 2010
this show is too predictable to be good.
really nothing special.
2/5
Feb 28, 2013 3:59 PM

Dec 2012
Awesome episode. It turns out it was a paradox after all.

Ever since the the mention of a mage of exodus I've considered Aika being the respective mage who brings on all the events of the story but then I wasn't sure anymore when Hanemura was revealed to be the mage of exodus. Overall, an obvious yet not so obvious twist.

Aika -> badass.
Feb 28, 2013 4:02 PM

Sep 2011
rafi160 said:
Was mind blown from this episode!! Never came across my mind Aika was the Mage of Exodus,
REALLY!?.....NO REALLY!?

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 28, 2013 4:08 PM
Dec 2012
Wow unexpected development!
Good, it was tense and psychological enough. Next episode seems about a battle between the two girls. Hakaze finishes Aika? Aika commits suicide? Can't wait

I wonder how she crossed the sea from the island to Japan and where she got the clothes.

A naked girl on a beach was a good fanservice.
eminagnamFeb 28, 2013 4:26 PM
Feb 28, 2013 4:24 PM
May 2012
The revealing of Aika being the mage of exodus really took me off guard. I cant wait for the next episode. Zetsuen no tempest never ceases to amaze 5/5
Feb 28, 2013 4:27 PM
Oct 2011
HOLY CRAPPPPP THAT TWIST!!! I totally did not see that coming. 5/5
Feb 28, 2013 4:37 PM
Feb 2012
I saw this coming because of a certain spoiler on MAL... still stared blankly at the screen for 5 minutes
Feb 28, 2013 4:48 PM

Jul 2012
A lot of people saw this coming but it's good nonetheless. The next one should be better.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Feb 28, 2013 4:57 PM

Aug 2012
It was predictable because there weren't an outstanding number of "big reveal" worthy possibilities to begin with, but they still did a good job of executing the reveal. I'm much more interested in the events leading up to her death anyway, especially now with Hakaze in the midst of it and now not able to watch it go down since she blew her cover. And you know if Aika figures out the situation(she's already deduced quite a bit) she's gonna bust ass to change her fate to be with Yoshino, unless she's already planning on..ya know...
Feb 28, 2013 5:17 PM
Jul 2009
Jeez, that ending .. just WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Feb 28, 2013 5:28 PM

Oct 2007
I didn't try to predict what came to pass, so it was awesome :)
Feb 28, 2013 5:33 PM

Nov 2011
Wow, that's one bigass sword. I think Aika wasn't killed but she commit suicide. Who knows why but I think its to cause the event that will happen if she died.

Feb 28, 2013 5:37 PM
Jul 2009
Kerozinn said:
this show is too predictable to be good.
really nothing special.
2/5

The anime is INCREDIBLY predictable, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't enjoy it.

I was going to try to back up the enjoyment part, but can't seem to think of anything to say. To each his own I guess.

Edit: I guess that I can agree that this episode was kind of... lame. Sword looks stupid and I really didn't want something so obvious as Aika being the MoE. Would have much rather preferred Yoshino over her (You'd obviously have to fix the way his character acts for this to work - especially in this episode).

Hate writing these side notes, but, even though I think the episode was "lame", I'm still a sucker for such things and enjoyed it thoroughly.
Kakkoi-KunFeb 28, 2013 5:42 PM
Feb 28, 2013 5:42 PM

Jun 2011
wow
dat was wtf
Feb 28, 2013 5:42 PM

Jul 2011
Too obvious. Though it was still fun to see Hakaze surprised.
Feb 28, 2013 5:48 PM
Oct 2010
someone just rammed their dick between my two brain hemispheres WWHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED. FFFUUUU when she just appeared on that roof i knew shit was gonna go down but goddamn
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Feb 28, 2013 5:56 PM
Jul 2018
I predicted this twist and it was actually true. That's almost as scary as Samon making a joke. o.O'

And Hakaze just might have to kill her after all. Recursive logic. It all goes back to the murder scene.
Feb 28, 2013 6:00 PM

Feb 2013
Wow i really didn't see that one coming,i wonder how is going to turn out now when Yoshino and Mahiro find out....can't wait for the next episode :)
NoulisVraxatiFeb 28, 2013 6:07 PM
Feb 28, 2013 6:51 PM

Sep 2012
The ending was unexpected, but now that I think back to all the things that's been happening in this anime, it's not impossible for this to happen in my opinion...
Feb 28, 2013 6:52 PM

Feb 2013
Orulyon said:
lonelydemon said:
Okay, that was intense but I always knew something is off about Aika's personality and the way she says those tempest line whatever.

Why is the Anime ahead of the manga, the manga is still on chapter 24. So where is the anime basing the story?

The anime is not ahead of the manga. The manga is only translated to chapter 24 but there are more than 40 chapters out in raw in chinese and Japanese.

by the way things are going you think there will be a season 2
Feb 28, 2013 7:20 PM

Feb 2011

Awesome... but bad cliffhangers this week. I want more. :(
Feb 28, 2013 7:23 PM

May 2010
i totally didnt expect that
Feb 28, 2013 7:23 PM

Apr 2009
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Kurogashi said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
it was good but come on this was so predictable, people called this while the show was still in its first cour plus the end of ep 12 and the 2nd op give it away

if you were even paying attention to the conversations in the beginning, you wouldve noticed that the author could've:

A) made yoshino the mage with a split personality
B) hakaze the killer
C) no one important being the killer
D) even though she's killed, perhaps switch her body before the killing happens. see steins;gate.
E) aika the mage

in the she chose E (and maybe B) while have the characters eliminate all the possible scenarios within this episode. each option imo is equally as good as the other, so 'logically' there must be a good reason to go down this route. predictable doesnt mean it's bad. it's what you do with that scenario afterwards that makes the story good or bad.

it's predictable that you're going to die, but in between is what separates you from having a great life to having a scum's life. ;)
That doesnt show that the author thought this through . It being obvious has more to do with how badly they kept it a secret not that it was the chosen possibility, if this was done well they would have ever said any of the possibilities outright keeping us guessing, using subtle hints to make us think the wrong possibility. What they did was make careless slips at every turn spoiling the reveal and killing the tension to the build up.

In all senses of the phrase, its bad writing, whether they take it into something that makes up for it is yet to be seen but the actual reveal and build up was poorly handled in so many ways just like how the 2nd half of the series has been entirely

Also to counter what you said, yes predictable is a bad thing in a mystery, its a very bad thing.

Misail said:
So, if Aika is the mage of Exodus it means there is a possibility that she killed herself
(don’t tell me if its right or wrong I don’t want spoilers)
well since they narrowed down the possibilities to

A: Hakaze did it
and
B: she offed herself

Its likely going to be the latter, if its yoshino then ill be mildly surprised but it would be ruined by the fact that the show brought it up so much so regardless of the outcome, this is way to predictable and adding onto what i just said, is flawed writing, ill of course save that till the actual reveal but i really doubt im wrong due to how much this show narrowed down its possiblities

before this episode, i knew that Aika was the Mage of Exodus and all the clues are being given ever since the start.. but i like the way the author contemplates on every possible reason or path that the show must go to and ultimately chooses one.. to me, the contrast of being too predictable yet have the same effect on making the story suck is what we call an ass-pull (please refer to the anime adaptation of Another for this).. and Zetsuen no Tempest does not rely on ass-pull.. it does it best to present what are the tools and possibilities you need to solving the mystery and it chooses the answer that would ultimately give meaning to the show.. and some people don't manage to predict it at first anyway.. the reveal presented in this episode is certainly not a plot twist, sure, but that is because instead of twisting the plot, it goes with the flow of it.. Aika being the Mage of Exodus doesn't necessarily mean that the show is too predictable and bad, etc. but it shows that there is meaning in every flashback she's in, she's the central character that she was supposed to be, the reference to "The Tempest" is correct, the contrast between Hakaze and Aika is given more meaning, etc. .. but hey, each one has a definition of bad writing.. i could claim that i already watched and read lots of shit so being surprising is no longer what i'm looking for in a story or even in a mystery.. this show is kinda like a treat to me because it maximizes the possibilities in what it could do in the story.. i tend to think like this in many other stories anyway.. and this story is about fate.. everything has to be destined so it's not surprising to have choices narrowed down.. anyway, what's important is how i enjoyed the reveal.. did i? i sure did.. it's interesting how Aika chose to reveal herself (it's very Aika-like) and it's funny how Hakaze reacted towards it.. all the Yoshino and Mahiro moments in the episode accompanying it were also entertaining..

rodac said:
I will point out that there is another option which would involve the identity of Hanemura's former girlfriend. Hakaze's power comes from the logic of the world as maintained by the Tree of Genesis. Aika's power comes from the Tree of Exodus and may involve a completely different set of abilities reflecting a different logic. It's not beyond belief that it was Aika who was Hanemura's girlfriend and what has been happening thus far is simply her scheme reaching a critical point. So while according to the logic of the world (Genesis), Aika died and is going to stay dead, the logic (or illogic) of Exodus may allow another fate.

yes.. and this is another possibility that has not been completely cleared yet.. Hanemura's and his girlfriend's true purpose in the story.. the author has implicitly given that possibility, where Aika might also be Hanemura's girlfriend in some manner or with some motive, a long time ago assuming that Aika being the MoE as predicted is true, and the story is moving closer towards that because it finally confirmed that Aika really is the MoE.. i'd actually be pissed if they're not significant at all..
argiliumFeb 28, 2013 7:28 PM
Feb 28, 2013 7:42 PM

Dec 2009
Wow in all honesty I didn't really expect them to show Aika's true 'identity' as you can say, so soon. But at the same time I wasn't really that shocked of her being the Mage of Exodus. I guess deep down I kind of expected it.
Feb 28, 2013 7:46 PM

Aug 2011
DAAAAAYYYUUUUMMMM.

Aika actually scared me there. Hakaze, this is why you shouldn't fucking talk out loud to yourself! And THEEEREEEE we have the big reveal. I knew Aika was the Mage of Exodus for sure!
Feb 28, 2013 7:55 PM

Aug 2008
As expected!

There is no doubt about it, Fuwa Aika is the most awesome character in Zetsuen no Tempest! :)
Feb 28, 2013 7:57 PM

Oct 2012
GREAT EPISODE!!!
Ended with a cliffhanger u.u
Now we finally know that Aika was the mage of exodus.
I thought it was cool how she was so cool and casual about the whole situation. Hakaze never saw it coming xD
Aika sure looked ba with that sword :3
I can´t wait to see their confrontation!!!
"We should be more proud of NEETs! Love the country that strives to produce NEETs, for world peace, we must stand up! We must find more non NEET-in-waiting elites, learn from each other , form a new Japanese Party, and bravely challenge the evil! Grow, NEETs! Grow like blazing fire! NEETs!”
Feb 28, 2013 7:59 PM

Mar 2012
I kind of expected something like this, but still. When it happened. What the fuuuu.

So looking forward to the next episode now.
Feb 28, 2013 8:03 PM

Aug 2011
Very good episode but i wasn't surprised at all really...more relived i guess.
Feb 28, 2013 8:07 PM

Jan 2013
5/5
I love it
Feb 28, 2013 8:16 PM

Sep 2012
Not being all the way unpredictable is NOT bad writing, far far from it.

I also have some feelings some who claim they have seen it coming so obviously may just have some prior knowledge from reading the manga or posts in discussion forum, and then have selected bias to their memory. The revelation is of course not totally unexpected, but saying it is the only possibility one can reach to stretching it.

And the execution of the story development in this anime is really good. Besides successful conveyance of the epic atmosphere of AIKA vs HAKAZE, from a broader level we can also see how the series composition balances the presence of Aika throughout the series to give her enough weight in our mind so that when the revelation comes it is not just one "what the heck" moment. We know enough about Aika (and how much she is featured in everyone's heart) to care a lot about what happens in this episode.

I particularly agree with argilium what he said that
it does it best to present what are the tools and possibilities you need to solving the mystery and it chooses the answer that would ultimately give meaning to the show.. and some people don't manage to predict it at first anyway.. the reveal presented in this episode is certainly not a plot twist, sure, but that is because instead of twisting the plot, it goes with the flow of it.. Aika being the Mage of Exodus doesn't necessarily mean that the show is too predictable and bad, etc. but it shows that there is meaning in every flashback she's in, she's the central character that she was supposed to be, the reference to "The Tempest" is correct, the contrast between Hakaze and Aika is given more meaning, etc. ..
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 28, 2013 8:26 PM

Apr 2012
AIKAAA <3333333333
Feb 28, 2013 8:30 PM

May 2012
What a very big sword.. aika seems to be some badass mage..
Feb 28, 2013 8:57 PM

Jul 2010
I hope it doesn't get too battle-centric, or it'll end like f***ing Mirai Nikki
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Feb 28, 2013 9:10 PM

Dec 2012
I saw that one coming since it's the one idea that everyone was avoiding. I was hoping for a major twist, but I wasn't expecting one either. I do like how it was revealed though, short and to the point with Aika looking badass.
Feb 28, 2013 9:38 PM

Jan 2012
What in the world just happened?!?!?!??!?!?!??!!!!

I probably wanted to say more, but I forgot it all just trying to comprehend still what just happened O.O

Feb 28, 2013 9:39 PM

Jan 2012
Nasty001 said:
Looks like Aika is gonna get some aired time.

Finally!!! ^.^

Feb 28, 2013 9:43 PM

Feb 2013
Well that turned out quite shocking and intriguing.

Well here's my theory and may turn out as one of the possibility so time to use spoiler tag:

But in the end, as it may sound absurd.

EurusFeb 28, 2013 10:02 PM
Feb 28, 2013 9:48 PM

Oct 2012
THE F*CK!!! XD

if its like that, high chance that hakaze kill aika....

Feb 28, 2013 10:01 PM

Jan 2011
Best episode of Zetsuen no Tempest by far! Hakaze traveling back through time just 1 month before Aika's death and once she arrived in Aika's hometown there was only 5 hours till her 'death'. When Hakaze walked passed Aika and she started talking to Hakaze I got pretty anxious. Then Aika appears on the rooftop and overhears what Hakaze says to herself. So fucking intense!! Aika is actually the real, complete mage of Exodus. My god my mind is just... AND THAT HUGE ASS SWORD! Next episode... LET'S GO! OMG >=D
It was also nice to see some Hakaze X Yoshino moments before her time travel. Hakaze truly loves Yoshino. :(
5/5
Feb 28, 2013 10:19 PM

Sep 2012
Somehow I find myself repeating the massage chair sequence lol
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 28, 2013 10:21 PM

Apr 2009
Well this topped my OH DAMN meter big time.
I am the light and the darkness tossed away by fate.
I am hope and despair needed by all and to none.
I am CuresDestiny.
Fear me or Not it is all the same to me.
<insert maniacal laughter here>

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

398 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

116 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

260 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

138 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 8:15 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

175 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 6:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.