Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 20, 2013 9:02 AM

Jul 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dekomori Tamaki makes her debut. OP changed a bit to include more scenes of her.

Kirara finally had something other than meat, but it seems she hates the vegetables and wanted to pawn off the rest to Kyouya.

Megumi and her hair brushing scene...man, oh man. I barely survived that.

New ED of everyone.
Feb 20, 2013 12:34 PM

Oct 2012
Kidnapping people into their club is their tradition? huh??? in that case, kidnap me plz!

Kirara eating all the veggies raw, props to her

and yeah, the hair brushing scene of megumi was so XDDDD
Feb 20, 2013 1:07 PM

Jan 2012
You people already got me hyped for the Megu scene, damn, I'm a huge sucker for pink haired girls somehow. And Megu is just especially delicious.

Can't wait for raws to finally show up
Feb 20, 2013 1:52 PM

Oct 2011
Oh??!! Time to upload the new OP and ED soon
Feb 20, 2013 3:49 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Good thing summer is coming - that Kotatsu is getting crowded.

Potato chips should be banned. My son complains that I don't keep any in my house.
Feb 20, 2013 4:33 PM
Oct 2012
Elite60 said:

i know right? this anime is really dangerous
i already like tama a lot
Feb 20, 2013 6:18 PM

Jun 2012
It's cute how the club kidnapped an "imouto" for Shion-san. Or maybe they just kidnapped for the sake of kidnapping lol.

It looks like the real imoutos will be back next week. I can't wait!
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Feb 20, 2013 6:29 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Haha! Tama-chan's repeated usage of "desu~" instantly reminded me of Dekomori and guess what! She's also voiced by Sumire Uesaka who is indeed the voice of Dekomori from Chuunibyou! :D And Tamaki knows a few magic tricks up her sleeve desu~.

That hair brushing scene never grows old. Megumi with her hair down was really cute. I've been waiting for that! Dahaha, it was funny to see Megumi being concerned about her weight. :'3

I love this episode and I also love the new ED featuring all the cast! Well, GJ-bu skyrocketed up to my top 5 favorite anime now. Hoping that it will never change anymore. :P

Imoutos attack next week! Bracing myself for impact! <3
Feb 20, 2013 6:42 PM

Sep 2012
Sumire Uesaka is on the rise !!! Yay !!

Tama-chan has to wait until the second half of the series to make her debut but we know she is going to be important from the start because of her inclusion in the OP.

And I think the new ED is so adorable!
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 20, 2013 7:20 PM
Jun 2011
I know she's cute, but Tama is a bit of jerk honestly.
At least Ore-man can control her.

Poor Kyoro is going to want his chest x-rayed after Megumi jumping on his back.
(My mom once tid that to her boyfriend, slipped and broke his rib! *oh god I'm cringing writing this!*)

Megumi looks like Mizuki Himeji with her hair down.
And we get to see another one of Kyoro's orgasmic hairbrushings that all the girls go nuts for.
I go by many names, some call me Hoshimaru, others call me Jiro or Aosou-Kun.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

I am the host of the youtube show Who Would You Do?
Feb 20, 2013 8:47 PM

Jan 2013
Nice episode as always. Back to only showing the clubroom.
Feb 20, 2013 9:15 PM

Jan 2011
Tama is finally here i knew once she joined Shion would try act like shes her little sis lol,funny thing about the chips thing i'm the same having an fast metabolism is a godsend

Megumi has been added to the hair brush Harem just a few more left

and all these Eds this show keeps putting out are really good.
Feb 20, 2013 10:31 PM

Jan 2009
Kidnapping your new club members is certainly a GJ-buish way to recruit new underclassmen. Also Shion and Megu are going to be the end of me, so moe.

Can't wait for Kasumi's visit next week, gotta love those little sisters.
Feb 21, 2013 12:28 AM

Nov 2011
Definitely the most interesting ep of the show, so Kyoro intiates girls into his harem by brushing their hair :P

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Feb 21, 2013 12:58 AM

Jun 2012
LunyRed said:
Haha! Tama-chan's repeated usage of "desu~" instantly reminded me of Dekomori and guess what! She's also voiced by Sumire Uesaka who is indeed the voice of Dekomori from Chuunibyou! :D And Tamaki knows a few magic tricks up her sleeve desu~.

That hair brushing scene never grows old. Megumi with her hair down was really cute. I've been waiting for that! Dahaha, it was funny to see Megumi being concerned about her weight. :'3

I love this episode and I also love the new ED featuring all the cast! Well, GJ-bu skyrocketed up to my top 5 favorite anime now. Hoping that it will never change anymore. :P

Imoutos attack next week! Bracing myself for impact! <3

Haha, I'm so happy see someone else put GJ-bu in their top five.

If I could high five you through my computer screen, I would lol!
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Feb 21, 2013 1:30 AM

Sep 2012
Just read the official Twitter of GJ-bu. It said that the director wanted Sumire Uesaka to be Tama-chan precisely because he wanted DEKOMORI. So the strong Dekomori vibe of Tama-chan is intentional from the beginning. And according to the staff, the feedback has increased a lot for this episode and has been very positive. The twitter ended with "Uesaska, GJ !" X-D
symbvFeb 21, 2013 1:48 AM

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 21, 2013 3:17 AM

Oct 2011
Ore-man level 2! Or was it Kyolo's Bizarre Adventure?
Feb 21, 2013 5:37 AM

Jan 2013

new fetish
Feb 21, 2013 7:03 AM

Jun 2009
Mao and Tamaki would get along well.
Feb 21, 2013 7:05 AM

Mar 2009

This scene makes me lol so hard..
Feb 21, 2013 7:07 AM
Jan 2013
Metass said:

Oh, the green haired girl has arrived.
Feb 21, 2013 7:19 AM

Aug 2010
Metass said:

Hilarious JojoNESS XDXDXD Oreman ftw. Loved how he controlled Tama.

Man Dat Megumi brushing scene was too much for me...sooo cute. Man this is one of the best fetishes I've scene hehe.

Loved how Shion wanted Tama to sit on her, really cute as well :)

Can't wait for Kasumi again nxt ep :D

Loved the new ED.
Feb 21, 2013 7:28 AM

Apr 2009
Why do believe i missed a episode? When did Shion get her hair brushed? That I want to see.
I am the light and the darkness tossed away by fate.
I am hope and despair needed by all and to none.
I am CuresDestiny.
Fear me or Not it is all the same to me.
<insert maniacal laughter here>

Feb 21, 2013 9:40 AM

Jul 2010
Tamako is awesome and cute! She's yet another big eater too...

I get the feeling Kyouya's brushing is actually arousing for the girls and because it's in public they see it as a punishment xD

And yet another new ED, which is pretty nice! Next week the sister will visit the club.

Feb 21, 2013 10:00 AM

Jun 2010
Hhhnngg at the brushing hair part.
Feb 21, 2013 10:02 AM

Sep 2007
Ore-man is awesome ...

Feb 21, 2013 11:30 AM

Apr 2010
CurseDestiny said:
Why do believe i missed a episode? When did Shion get her hair brushed? That I want to see.
It happened in episode five if a remember correctly when Megu offered Kyoro to brush Mao's hair.

Megu with her hair down looked nice why doesn't she do that more often and it's a shame that we didn't get to see Tamaki with her hair down.
Tamaki is a pretty nice addition to the group especially the way Shino treats her is nice like a little sister.
And the way she got kidnaped into the group was great.
Feb 21, 2013 12:08 PM

Jan 2011
Kyolo's ore-man/yo-man/JoJo mode is really funny.
And lol at kidnapping Tama so that Shion has a sister.
Next episode will feature at least one real sister, hopefully it won't be a fan service fest.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 21, 2013 12:14 PM

Jul 2012
nice ep i was smiling and laughting like an idiot the entire time lol
new girl introduced quite arrogant at the start but nothing like ore-man lvl 2 can't handle
man kyoro have a big power in his hands lol
the ending seems to be the most nostalgic
Feb 21, 2013 3:35 PM

Jan 2013
Man he's got the magic touch with that brush.
Feb 21, 2013 5:45 PM

Oct 2011
Another fun episode, especially Ore-man lv.2, Hilarious!!!!!
Signature
Feb 22, 2013 2:05 AM

Sep 2012
Furin1994 said:
Elite60 said:

Same here, I nearly died.
Feb 22, 2013 3:20 AM

May 2010
Megumi with her hair down..ah so cute.Looks just like Milhi from dog days.

& i don't like the new girl..
Feb 22, 2013 8:49 AM

Mar 2012
Nice episode, like the new chick 4/5
Feb 22, 2013 10:43 AM

Nov 2012
TamaTama-chan is adorable! ^_^ I love how Shion-chan constantly treats her as her imouto-san, and in the end she even called her Shion-nee-san! Soo sweet! <(^________^)>
Everyone in this show is so lovely and kind! I really, really love this show so far. It's so down-to-earth and calm! This is how a Slice of Life anime should be, honestly.
I really loved when Buchou told Kyoro-kun to Limit Break. xD That was an awesome Final Fantasy reference! It really had me in the greatest of smiles. ^__^
Though I really think they should inject some Love-Romance into this. I'd love to see Kyoro-kun get together with one of the girls and still be able to stay on the same, wonderful relationship with the rest of the group. No jealousy, drama or compromized comfort. Only sweet friendships and love. ^____^ My heart would melt.

I really, really love this show! It is the best!
~The 1000th Summer~
Feb 22, 2013 2:37 PM

May 2012
"i just dug my own grave" lols.. does brushing hair really make them excite?

Feb 22, 2013 8:43 PM

Oct 2010
why are them so sensitive about hair brushing?
Signature Removed
Feb 23, 2013 11:26 AM

Jun 2010
please step on me
Fun things are fun.
Feb 23, 2013 2:58 PM

Aug 2012
I've never been much of an "cute fan", but this anime makes even me feel weird :P
Feb 24, 2013 4:41 PM

Dec 2009
I... I'm afraid Tama might ruin the show for me, considering how the voice actor (Sumire Uesaka) is channeling Dekomori from Chuunibyou. All these "desu"s are turning me off.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Feb 24, 2013 5:03 PM

Jun 2012
Marow said:
I... I'm afraid Tama might ruin the show for me, considering how the voice actor (Sumire Uesaka) is channeling Dekomori from Chuunibyou. All these "desu"s are turning me off.

Personally, I like Tama much more than I liked Dekomori.

Take the example of when Tama called the club president a "thing". It was a subtle insult, further masked by her elongated pronunciations (she said it at least twice) of "desu ka" at the end. It is a speech impediment used in a witty way, kind of like Mayoi from Bakemonogatari and her tendency to mispronounce the MC's name.

Tama certainly isn't my favorite character from this anime but she isn't annoying. This show is kind of like Seitokai no Ichizon; there are no annoying characters, but some are better than others and some are fantastic.
Feb 24, 2013 6:51 PM

Feb 2012
Great ep :D

Dekomori, Ore-man... everything~!
Feb 24, 2013 9:04 PM

Aug 2012
Dark_Messiah said:
"i just dug my own grave" lols.. does brushing hair really make them excite?

Some people enjoy having their hair played with. It feels good like being tickled lightly. For example I enjoy getting my hair washed by someone else at a salon =P.

When Mao and Shion had their hair brushed, I thought it was portrayed well. The reactions were a bit too exaggerated with Megumi and Kyolo's sister though.
Feb 24, 2013 9:08 PM

Sep 2012
Dekomori's signature "desu"s xD she is quite lovable! there's just so much happening in this ep that I don't really know where to begin with @@
Feb 27, 2013 9:16 AM

Sep 2012
Marow said:
The director specifically wanted the DESU of Sumire Uesaka to be in this show. Can't be helped...

Feb 27, 2013 11:28 AM

Jun 2012
symbv said:
Marow said:
The director specifically wanted the DESU of Sumire Uesaka to be in this show. Can't be helped...

Wow that's a cool fact. Is there anything else the director requested for this show?
Feb 27, 2013 7:45 PM

Sep 2012
shigeru212 said:
symbv said:
Marow said:
Wow that's a cool fact. Is there anything else the director requested for this show?
Yeah, he basically asked for Sumire Uesaka and stated DESU and Chuunibyou as the reason. He also mentioned depicting cuteness is important for the show, and I think he has succeeded.

Feb 28, 2013 5:24 AM

Dec 2009
symbv said:
shigeru212 said:
symbv said:
Marow said:
Yeah, he basically asked for Sumire Uesaka and stated DESU and Chuunibyou as the reason. He also mentioned depicting cuteness is important for the show, and I think he has succeeded.

I had no idea. Do you know where you read it?

(as of episode 8, I've grown to accept Tama)
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Feb 28, 2013 5:39 AM

Sep 2012
Marow said:

I had no idea. Do you know where you read it?
From the official twitter of the anime.
https://twitter.com/gj_anime/status/304267077676584961

Mar 2, 2013 5:38 PM

May 2011
Megumi's self-consciousness about her weight is just so cuteee.

Haha I can't believe they actually kidnapped some girl passing by to be Shion's imouto. And I am liking Tama so far.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » GJ-bu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2013

161 by bakakisima »»
Jan 14, 9:17 AM

Poll: » GJ-bu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Mar 6, 2013

70 by bakakisima »»
Jan 14, 7:28 AM

Poll: » GJ-bu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Feb 27, 2013

67 by bakakisima »»
Jan 14, 7:05 AM

Poll: » GJ-bu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Jan 23, 2013

71 by bakakisima »»
Jan 13, 9:21 AM

Poll: » GJ-bu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Jan 9, 2013

99 by bakakisima »»
Jan 13, 5:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.