Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 6, 2008 8:54 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Meh. The kind of a boring episode overall. Daitetsu was surprisingly good at singing though.

and then, LUCKY STAR reference bwahaha:

and Nagi's song was really funny too, as was their reactions to it

and then this..
Dec 6, 2008 9:15 AM

Nov 2008
Hooray for music! Nice episode! Mucho LOL! :P Nagi's voice should be #1!
More RAW thoughts. The episode was lame in one thing the story progression did not advance! I mean it is a little annoying since we are at #10. On top of that the whole news article about the person making this series getting sick and no date for publication I am hoping for something amazing in #11,12 and 13.

Ok people move and tell me all in regards to each song and analyzing them. It's a simple name that song but maybe the subtitles might do that however I would be interested if some people here would know each song.

LOL moments.

Jin getting into the wrong karaoke room.

Nagi song made me burst.

Takako's pose made me have the reaction huh? and sort of *nose bleed*

#1.....song in both bathrooms from OP! That I liked.

Great reactions from all and great part in the bathroom (Jin and Daitetsu).

Great part once again of Zange talking to Hakua.

1.Best MOE expression of Takako for me.
2.Part me LOL and apparently is Lucky star parody?

Another funny part

After subs thoughts

The complete song list for reference of anyone coming in here to read my post

Tsugumi song: Really nice and liked! The song is something they do not mention apparently but makes logic sense it would be a love song.

Daitetsu: bad and almost puked (not really but that's how much I did not like it). The song is also not mentioned other than being a ballad meant to sing to a girl. Since it was the reverse it sounded more homosexual in appearance but that is not the first they time they joke around Daitetsu like that with the gay jokes.

Nagi: that song hurt my brain. Song name is Dokkoi Foods "The Song Of Hello Soybeans" Lyrics/Music by Dokkoi Taisaku. That song was funny but annoying and that is why it hurt my mind.

Akiba: It was ok and had some fun. The song belongs to Youjyu Kishin Chaos blade. "Run away with you"

Takako: Amazing and great! Much fun there and the oh my! Her poses were quite nice and daring. The song name is "Jyun Ai Generation" Lyrics/Takena Shieri and Music/Charley Gou.

Jin: Nice song except when the waitress came......Too pure pure boy could not sing. That sucks. I get the shy part but meh! The song also I do not see it mentioned as to what it is but another one of love I suppose.

Zange: Liked a lot! and her dance moves. Was very funny especially when she went near Jin and Tsugumi went totally NO! On Zange. Song name: "Love Me Delicately Please" Lyrics/Matsumoto Takashi and Music/Tsutsumi Kyouhei.

Shino: Boo! Boo! Boo! She did not sing!

Other than that excellent remarks of Daitetsu saying all have good points and bad ones. Good point of Tsugumi that Nagi changed Jin. :)

slayer545-samaDec 8, 2008 2:54 PM
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 6, 2008 9:17 AM
Jul 2018
The door of their Karaoke room seemed surprisingly similar looking to the Lucky Star EDs.. then it comes!

And wtf of an ending O.o
Dec 6, 2008 1:34 PM

Nov 2007
WOW I fucking cracked up during the first few seconds + Lucky Star References XD.

I noticed back in episode 6 the characters broke the 4th wall. But this just took the cake.
\
Dec 6, 2008 1:44 PM

Jan 2008
Nice screens slayer! I was stuck watching the veoh upload, so yours are much better quality.

slayer545 said:

Zange: Liked a lot! and her dance moves. Was very funny especially when she went near Jin and Tsugumi went totally NO! On Zange.

YES. Zange's song was great. All of the people watching were talking about how her voice wasn't that good, but that something about the song made it seem really cute.
Dec 6, 2008 1:45 PM

Nov 2008
Pete_CG said:
Nice screens slayer! I was stuck watching the veoh upload, so yours are much better quality.

slayer545 said:

Zange: Liked a lot! and her dance moves. Was very funny especially when she went near Jin and Tsugumi went totally NO! On Zange.

YES. Zange's song was great. All of the people watching were talking about how her voice wasn't that good, but that something about the song made it seem really cute.

Indeed and same reactions somehow the cute part made me ignore the song and instead meld into the dancing moves and cuteness of them. Read my mind. :P
Dec 6, 2008 2:12 PM

Nov 2007
Finished watching the episode.

Tsugumi: Not bad, but not great either. But her being nervous made me :3

Daitetsu: I actually liked his song the best. But for some reason i was kind of expecting it.

Akiba: Surprisingly not bad.

Jin: Sounds as bad as I do when I sing. Was expecting this one as well.

Nagi: LOL. Just LOL.

Takkako: Oh god this one made me lol too. Too much moe imo XD.

Zange: Her voice was actually pretty fitting for the song the dance moves were good too.

Like I said before LOL @ the Lucky Star references (The room and the characters XD) I also went through the Lucky Star ED to check if there were really in room 301 but sadly its not there.

PS. Anyone know the ED song? If you watched the credits they played a different song this time

Funny episode but I hope the ending of the series is satisfyingly dramatic.
\
Dec 6, 2008 2:24 PM

Nov 2008
AsianQuickSilver said:
Finished watching the episode.

Tsugumi: Not bad, but not great either. But her being nervous made me :3

Daitetsu: I actually liked his song the best. But for some reason i was kind of expecting it.

Akiba: Surprisingly not bad.

Jin: Sounds as bad as I do when I sing. Was expecting this one as well.

Nagi: LOL. Just LOL.

Takkako: Oh god this one made me lol too. Too much moe imo XD.

Zange: Her voice was actually pretty fitting for the song the dance moves were good too.

Like I said before LOL @ the Lucky Star references (The room and the characters XD) I also went through the Lucky Star ED to check if there were really in room 301 but sadly its not there.

PS. Anyone know the ED song? If you watched the credits they played a different song this time

Funny episode but I hope the ending of the series is satisfyingly dramatic.

OMG Do not mention the ED song I barely made it without skipping. Terrible Terrible Terrible.
Dec 6, 2008 10:37 PM

Jan 2008
LOL Lucky Star, and they even had the same room number 301

and Zange was singing 'love me please'! LoL xD that dance and singing was pure win x3

this episode was funny like the others, but somehow missing something.

4/5

AsianQuickSilver said:

can't really read it since the i'm watching it on LQ, but i think it's shirigeya no theme.
idDec 6, 2008 10:47 PM
Dec 6, 2008 11:10 PM
Jun 2008
Lucky star in Kannagi.I like it :)
Dec 6, 2008 11:21 PM

Mar 2008
haha super episode.. although i wished they showed shina-senpai singing.. eye-opener O.o

poor tsugumi losing to daitetsu.. haha.. but she's just so cute.. quoting takako "iiwa.. sorenari no onna no ko ga isshoukenmei utau tte no wa" XD and shina-senpai "takako hentai desu wa" lol

daitetsu totally took center stage this episode! haha.. altho i was already expecting the shock.. characters like daitetsu always make it big XD super ballad voice.. jin's reaction when daitetsu said "datte, fudan uta wo utau koto nanka nai darou?" was the best! haha.. and jin goes into lucky star's box ^^; that was really reminiscent.. but konata looked a bit taller than she should be

akiba didn't do very well this episode.. "morisagatta darou?? otaku namenna baaaaka!" that was a nice phrase tho ^^

jin totally lost his cool this episode.. i'm a lot like jin to be honest, but he shouldn't try so hard and has to realize that he's special in other ways.. and i hate him for ignoring tsugumi throughout the episode.. >.<

takako was really... "kimoi" lol.. "kimoi kedo umai" ^^; i sort of expected something stupid like that from her anyways.. wat a fujoshi XD

nagi was making a fool of herself in this episode.. ^^; i wonder why she's so much more childish than zange.. haha..

lastly, zange was really tsunderu.. hurray for tsugumi! that's how u do it! don't lose to zange! (but she lost to daitetsu ^^;)
Dec 7, 2008 7:18 AM

Jan 2008
id said:

AsianQuickSilver said:

can't really read it since the i'm watching it on LQ, but i think it's shirigeya no theme.

Yeah, it's Shirigeya's Theme, by Satoru Kousaki.
"しりげやのテーマ"
lyrics = http://putiotaani.exblog.jp/9843325/
Dec 7, 2008 7:41 AM

Apr 2008
*watching Takako sing* O_O how in the world was Takako singing like that? and can some tell me what song she was singing.
metalsnakezeroDec 7, 2008 7:47 AM
Dec 7, 2008 10:49 AM

Jan 2008
metalsnakezero said:
*watching Takako sing* O_O how in the world was Takako singing like that? and can some tell me what song she was singing.

The title of the song is "純愛ジェネレーション" (or in English, "Pure Love Generation").
The lyrics are something about how all girls are "battle witches". Typical denpa song :P
Dec 7, 2008 10:53 AM

Nov 2008
Pete_CG said:
metalsnakezero said:

The title of the song is "純愛ジェネレーション" (or in English, "Pure Love Generation").
The lyrics are something about how all girls are "battle witches". Typical denpa song :P

Hey nice one will update my stuff. Pure Love Generation..........peace and love hippies? X-)
Dec 7, 2008 12:56 PM

Jun 2007
Finally, I was sooo looking forward to seeing this animated ever since Kannagi was announced. Nagi's song was just awesome!
Dec 7, 2008 1:13 PM

Jul 2008
It was Weird one because i don't like watching others sing = i don't like watching one person get humiliated and laugh at...every one must suffer. and two i watched it RAW
xbox : Okami Sphere
Dec 7, 2008 6:44 PM

Nov 2008
some fun moments but the ep in general seriously draggy imo
also its already ep10, do they still have time to play around with ep like this

Dec 7, 2008 11:31 PM

Jan 2007
I liked this episode. Great way to look into each character through their singing. Nagi just made me lol. it was just that awesome.
Dec 7, 2008 11:40 PM

Sep 2007
Oh man the Lucky Star parody was just awesome. I lol'd at both Tsugumi and Zange singing off key on their songs. :( for Tsugumi constantly getting pwned through out the episode though. I was expecting Nagi to sing the OP but guess that didn't happen.

Takako has to be one of the best characters in this show. She is just pure hilarious and awesome. Too bad Shino didn't sing. I was expecting her to sing the ED and everybody be all O_o at the end.
Dec 8, 2008 12:40 AM

May 2007
Another weird episode, yet effective. XD

I was expecting most of them are good, even Zange-chan, but that still gave me good laugh.

Also, I didn't get what happened with Shino-senpai lol.
Dec 8, 2008 12:46 AM

Oct 2007
Another rofl episode. For all the reasons stated above ;)

For an anime, that lacks a true plot, it does very well holding its own with comedy. I cant recall too many animes that can say the same (so far).

I want to say the plot will appear and will get a good plot type ending.. but seeing Kannagi so far.. I wouldnt be surprised if it rode the comedy to the end and making all of us laugh along with it.

In fact, Id enjoy that.
Dec 8, 2008 1:06 AM

Sep 2008
It was kinda a letdown overall. Funny but compared to the other episodes it was sub-par. The only parts I really enjoyed was when Nagi and Takkako sang and the LS reference. Otherwise it seemed like a slack off because they couldn't get a "Real" episode together. But hey, this is Kannagi and it rocks Overall as a show so i'm fine with one off episode.
Dec 8, 2008 2:11 AM

Jan 2008
Not as great as previous episodes but still a great laugh.
Stop being so mean to Tsugumi, Jin :/
Dec 8, 2008 2:44 AM

Apr 2008
Meh. Least favorite episode so far. Aside from Lucky Star references an Nagi's song there was nothing of note. Felt very short though.
Dec 8, 2008 4:36 AM

Feb 2008
Weakest episode by far. Laughs were very little and didn't really enjoyed most of the episode.
Dec 8, 2008 5:29 AM

Mar 2008
so who's ready for the album with all the songs this episode. (it'll probably happen)

Dec 8, 2008 5:34 AM
Nov 2007
Nothing much happened :(
but Nagi's singing was ftw, not to mention the lucky star references were good.
Dec 8, 2008 5:40 AM

Aug 2008
I was scared at the start because of the whole karaoke ep thing, but it turned out to be fun. I knew there will be Lucky Star references coming!
Expected the OP from Nagi, but well, the song fitted her

Poor poor Tsugumi
Dec 8, 2008 6:26 AM

Jul 2007
worst episode ever
Dec 8, 2008 6:48 AM

Dec 2007
I liked this episode. The first scene when they only show you the door made me think of Lucky Star and then it happens, a lucky star reference ! I had some good laughs while watching this episode, especially at the scene where Nagi sang.
Dec 8, 2008 6:55 AM

Jan 2008
I thought this episode was full of WIN~ loved everyone singing~

With only three episodes left and they're still doing these kinds of episodes~ I really hope they have another season~ I'm thinking it will end in a way that allows for one.
Dec 8, 2008 6:57 AM

Jul 2008
i dont find it boring at all. But i would really really prefer zange singing nursery rhyme><
And its isnt really bad, the singing and dancing was fitting.

Dec 8, 2008 7:00 AM

Apr 2008
Brilliant episode. Simply loved it!
Something.
Dec 8, 2008 8:52 AM

Jan 2008
only one word ... EPIC ^^

"Smiles aren't made, they're shown."- Belldandy (A!MG)
Dec 8, 2008 9:29 AM

Sep 2008
What a way to to advance the story! A karaoke showdown O_o Lol, I enjoyed the episode nonetheless. Poor Tsugumi. She was so cute trying to catch the attention of Jin. He seems not to notice or is just trying to avoid the situation altogether. Unfortunately for Tsugumi, Zange is being more aggressive in her pursuit for Jin.

With this wave of filler after filler, I'm hoping they are trying to stretch the series across multiple seasons rather than the 13 that was originally announced.

Dec 8, 2008 9:46 AM

Nov 2007
Was expecting Nagi to show off her great singing skills, a bit disappointed in that aspect. Great episode, nonetheless.
Dec 8, 2008 9:55 AM

Aug 2008
I wonder what kind of reference was that stuff about Shino's (?) eyes. This round thing from clamp? ;]
Ii tenki desu ne...
Dec 8, 2008 10:10 AM

Jun 2008
"A fierce.. sex appeal"

I was laughing my throat out at that part of Nagi's song, and pretty much the rest of it aswell, with rivers of tears flowing out of my eyes. Awesome episode.
Dec 8, 2008 10:13 AM

Feb 2008
Brilliant episode. Nothing more, nothing less.
Dec 8, 2008 10:29 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Hilarious, very great episode. Poor Tsugimi though. ;_;

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 8, 2008 11:11 AM

Feb 2008
hahahaha lucky star lucky star...maybe something special coming up with lucky star it seems.

meh, another character with a concealed body part hehe.
kisamiDec 8, 2008 11:23 AM
Dec 8, 2008 11:15 AM

Jun 2008
The ending song changed was a hilarious little detail aswell.
Dec 8, 2008 11:38 AM

Feb 2008
Very nice episode.
Takako is just awesome. I know why I like her. >3
The Ending was lol
Dec 8, 2008 11:59 AM

Jul 2008
Oh my god, I don't even care about the story any more. The lulz is enough for me, and there are too many in the episode to list.

Zange, as always, makes the episode ten times better for me just by being there. >=D
Dec 8, 2008 12:05 PM

Apr 2007
JAA... BARRADO
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2008 12:18 PM

Apr 2007
lolololo LS reference made my day
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Dec 8, 2008 12:48 PM

Aug 2007
It was decent but not up to usual Kannagi standards. I loved the obvious references to Lucky Star even though I didn't like that show as much. However, it did drag for a bit and I don't think we needed to hear entire songs unless they would be as awesome as the opening. I can't believe this series is 3 episodes away from over... possibly for good since they stopped the manga. Makes me very sad since it's good enough to be 24 episodes.
Dec 8, 2008 12:51 PM

Aug 2008
There were a whole lot of good, funny moments in this episode, but it really was missing something. More Daitetsu/Mikuriya action, Jin's singing was hilarious, and I saw the Lucky Star allusion from a mile away.
Dec 8, 2008 12:53 PM

Dec 2007
singing will make shinos eyes open !
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kannagi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DeadIEnd - Dec 27, 2008

222 by __FK__ »»
Feb 21, 12:36 PM

» SEASON 2 WHERE?!!!?!?

KhoaVN - Sep 24, 2023

1 by TheChainsawMan »»
Sep 24, 2023 8:55 AM

» ...I could eat three bowls of rice

formosan - Feb 12, 2009

2 by KhoaVN »»
Sep 24, 2023 7:43 AM

Poll: » Kannagi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

dtshyk - Oct 4, 2008

159 by KhoaVN »»
Sep 24, 2023 7:38 AM

Poll: » Kannagi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Oct 25, 2008

123 by Dreadogastus_F »»
Oct 17, 2022 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.