Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2013 11:24 PM

Sep 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

It's Oveeeeeeerrrr ;( ;( ;( ;(
Jan 26, 2013 11:57 PM

May 2010
Holy shit the pacing was really awful.

Seriously, they could've taken out some of the terrible fillers earlier in the series to make more room for the finale. The interesting villains were killed off (Joker, BE Precure) completely anticlimactically nor did they get a backstory (what was Joker even supposed to be?), the huge villain that was built-up to be the final boss never got to actually even be a character (ended up being Noise clone backstory-wise, and Black Hole choreography-wise) nor did he have any real presence in the series, and the terrible trio didn't get a semi-decent closure either. (they were the missing fairies all along, and then they completely stop being relevant!) The show was rushed to hell in these last episodes, and it's pretty evident.

I understand that the main audience is like 10-year old girls, but still, this was pretty bad.

What wasn't bad was Pierrot's manly voice. I could hear him speak all day. And Joker. He saved the show.
Jan 27, 2013 3:38 PM

Jul 2008
That was pretty terrible. Just...gah.

And also, any emotions that were created when Candy and Pop left were destroyed when they came back at the end. Emotional partings only work of the person stays gone and everyone grows from it or something.

Also, 15 minutes of crying, jesus.
Jan 27, 2013 4:00 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
(shrug) It was a sappy end (as opposed to a Bad End), and could have been done better, but as for what was presented I felt it stayed true to what the show had been about all along, so I'm fine with it.
Jan 27, 2013 4:18 PM

Aug 2007
I did wish they did take out some of the previous eps to make this episode. I was hoping for another showdown like what happen when they first fought Pierot. Though maybe I'm still bitter they ended the Bad End Precure so quickly, since they would have been a good built up for them to really fight him since Joker was gone.
Jan 27, 2013 5:07 PM
Feb 2010
I seriously didn't thought Candy would be back. It's obvious, but I guess I'm more accustomed to Bad End.
Jan 27, 2013 5:27 PM

Oct 2011
So everyone went Moonlight in the end with all that crying and being sad... sure I can understand why but it was kind of long
but Pierot in the end wasn't too intimidating Big Bad :/

not the best series I must say along with HeartCatch and Suite is on the bottom of my list - but on top when it comes to being adorable and funny
and that is great thing for me :)

I hope that for DokiDoki they will take some parts from here (references and cuteness mostly) and mix it with good dose of Fresh-awesomeness
Jan 27, 2013 9:28 PM

Jul 2012
It still gave me feels and can easily pull a "End of the World" joke, but yea...

Aside from typical cliches and last-minute MIRACLE round-up, it still gave me feels. And I do hope that it stay that way. But I guess Candy making a con- I MEAN a Wish would only mean the "preparation" for the All-Star New Stage 2 movie.

I can vent, but again, I am here for the entertainment and what-nat. I am already emotional up that Smile had ended.. My first PreCure experience... Hehehe...

Now my list feels empty with Smile not on my "currently-watching" list anymore.

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Jan 27, 2013 9:41 PM
Custom Title

Jul 2009
You couldn't ask for a more "Bad Ending" than this. So in my opinion Pierot won lol. This finale was so bad, 60% of it was crying and more crying. Then the whole "let's make the charactes go away only to bring them back minutes before the ending" thing completely ruined it. GOD why did it have to end so badly. ='(
Jan 27, 2013 9:56 PM
Sep 2011
MarlyTT said:
Holy shit the pacing was really awful.

Seriously, they could've taken out some of the terrible fillers earlier in the series to make more room for the finale. The interesting villains were killed off (Joker, BE Precure) completely anticlimactically nor did they get a backstory (what was Joker even supposed to be?), the huge villain that was built-up to be the final boss never got to actually even be a character (ended up being Noise clone backstory-wise, and Black Hole choreography-wise) nor did he have any real presence in the series, and the terrible trio didn't get a semi-decent closure either. (they were the missing fairies all along, and then they completely stop being relevant!) The show was rushed to hell in these last episodes, and it's pretty evident.

I understand that the main audience is like 10-year old girls, but still, this was pretty bad.

At about episode 30 I realized this show wasn't really going anywhere plot and development wise, which is why I dropped it. I liked the main cast, but them alone isn't enough to keep me entertained.

I'm not even gonna try Doki Doki unless I hear good things about it. Futari wa and Heartcatch level good things.
Jan 27, 2013 10:53 PM

Nov 2011
Meh, the last battle is lame. I knew Candy won't actually left them forever, it always happy ending for them. They should get a better writer for this series.

Jan 27, 2013 11:16 PM
Jun 2011
from what the director said in one of the offical sites of precure doki doki precure fights going to be in the same level of heartcatch
Jan 28, 2013 1:18 AM

Sep 2012
I prefer battle at the same level of Yes Precure 5 movies...
Jan 28, 2013 9:50 AM

Jul 2008
Dalek-baka said:

not the best series I must say along with HeartCatch and Suite is on the bottom of my list - but on top when it comes to being adorable and funny
and that is great thing for me :)

That is kind of funny, since Heartcatch was the only Precure series I have seen and actually enjoyed.
Jan 28, 2013 12:11 PM
Nov 2008
Horrible, just horrible.

6 for me, and that's just because of very few good episodes and Joker which by the way was totally ruined in the end, no real defeat no background, nothing.
Jan 28, 2013 12:40 PM

Feb 2012
elior1 said:
from what the director said in one of the offical sites of precure doki doki precure fights going to be in the same level of heartcatch

I believe they said that for Suite too, but they were lying.

Meh, ended up like I expected. The characters were all very nice, but nothing was really done with them. Also too much friendship reassurance. I like friendship scenes, but there is a time and place for them and you don't need to repeat them or they lose effect. But hey, most of the stand alone episodes are great and that's the real meat of the show (kind of like the case of CCS or something).

Also, I know copying Diebuster is obviously cool, but I hope they won't make a habit of it.
Jan 28, 2013 4:29 PM

Sep 2012
Umm. That's it? I also think that last episode could have been so much better.

It was a great show. I liked it a lot. Didn't really want it to end. I have started watching some of the other Precure stuff because of Smile Precure.

I liked a lot of the characters. Still could have had many things happen.

My fav chars would have to possible be Beauty | Happy/Peace | The others.

I give it an 8.
Jan 28, 2013 4:34 PM

Aug 2011
Hmm so Pierrot just died because he was engulfed by Miyuki's love-filled embrace? It could have done a little better there. I expected more screentime from ultimate Miyuki and more on Pierrot (he just disappeared without a trace). A large chunk of the episode was dedicated to crying. And I admit, I almost got caught up in the drama too because of how long it lasted. I felt that the pacing was really rushed.

I always expected Candy to return but for a moment, I loved an ending where they never saw each other again. I guess I can forgive them since Miyuki recreated the initial scene in the first episode. That brought back memories. And they played the OP and ED music at the end, I love that convention.

In saying that however, I really enjoyed this show as a whole compared to other, more serious, shows at the time. Smile Precure had a distinct feel and that was mainly due to its target audience and genre. It was a show that I could always count on to make me ultra happy (mostly). On a few occasions, I questioned if this show really was for a younger audience due to some of the jokes, imagery and themes in there. But I think its ability to appeal to young people and adults alike is one of its greatest strengths.

All the main characters were enjoyable. Akane was always my favourite but the rest were joint second (maybe Yayoi inched further due to her 'father' episode). I didn't feel like any of them were useless as a Precure. Villains were great fun, Joker being especially menacing when he sunk his teeth into them. The show did a good job with varying the action. The battle during the mid-point of the season was fantastic and the Akabe trials such as the school subject quiz was an enjoyable change.

Loved the music. The OP was a joy to watch since it was so energetic and fast-paced. The first ED will always be better in my book with its great sunset visuals. The second ED really impressed me with its movement of the CG characters (when Miyuki spun her hands above her head). Nice mocap, I think.

The thing I didn't like was its general structure but I guess it's typical for a long running show. First countdown done, fight whatever, a second countdown appears! Then a third etc. Simply pointing out the fact that I've got x amount of episodes to watch before the plot progresses in any meaningful way makes it more repetitious.

Even though it's not a revolutionary show by any means and its just mindless entertainment, I can't deny the amount of fun I've had from watching this. Their Precure transformations were great, humour was great, music was great. Plot? What plot. Despite that, 8/10. What can I say, it made me ultra-happy! (sigh)

This was my first foray in to the Precure series and no doubt, it will always a special show to me. I feel like watching the previous iterations now and it's put me in a good mood to watch Doki Doki Precure soon.
Jan 28, 2013 5:13 PM

Oct 2011
GarLogan78 said:
That is kind of funny, since Heartcatch was the only Precure series I have seen and actually enjoyed.
Oh I also enjoyed HeartCatch - but not as much as Precure series.

Main problem with it, and with Smile btw, was that leading character wasn't to appealing. Erika and Itsuki are great (especially when Itsuki switches on her girly-girl mode).
Tsubomi on the other side was bland - sure she had nice development but if either Marine or Sunshine would be the lead there wouldn't be much of difference (I can't imagine something like this in either Yes or even Fresh). To smaller extent you could do it also in Smile - but here it's more fact that Miyuki is rather normal girl than "Magical Girl Fangirl" (Yayoi would fit here more but than she has charisma of a rock).
And there is of course Yumi... but her angst was one of things that made me almost skiped any parts with her during rewatching.

But in the end - both of them aren't bad.
Jan 28, 2013 10:46 PM
Jun 2011
actully they wanted to do a epic battle in suite precure but becouse the tsunami happend during the time they worked on the episodes before the season aired they decideג not to do this
elior1Jan 28, 2013 11:00 PM
Jan 29, 2013 10:16 AM

Sep 2007
Hmm ...
Not that bad but in same time, not that good.
I loved our enemies characters but ...
The last episodes were not that good.
And Joker who "die" like that ?
No no no !
Not after his fight with Cure Beauty !
Jan 29, 2013 10:55 AM

Jul 2009
GOOD GOD how much crying did they have to put in one episode? The pacing made me want to cry really. It was like tears, tears, inspirational words, tears tears, pull a miracle out of their ass, tears tears, good bye, tears, tears, reuinion tears, everyones happy( with a hint of more tears) Good god that was an aweful end. Pierrot reminded me of Noise and it had almost the same end as Suite (with a lot more tears) and Suite actually they used reason and power to beat noise. In Smile, it was lets overwelm with happiness. Yeah, fuck logic

Not to say I didn't enjoy the rest of the series, just the end....please...no....Hopefully Doki's end will be better
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2013 12:41 PM
Aug 2007
Last episode killed the series. It's really disappointing seeing how this show had so much potential going into the finale. It ends up just being an average precure title if you count the entire Futari wa as a whole set.

Now my Precure rankings:
Heartcatch
Futari wa (Cure, Max Heart, and Splash Star)
Smile
Yes (the original)
everything else
Feb 3, 2013 5:30 PM

Oct 2011
This last episode felt WAY too rushed. The villain wasn't even the main point, he was more like a mini-boss. (lol) Lots and lots of crying...
Speaking of that, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, so I laughed. Does that mean I'm a bad person?
Anyways, happy end for them!
Feb 4, 2013 5:39 AM

Apr 2011
Meh. Episode.

Not bad series, I would say. It was full of laughs and smiles.

I give Smile Precure a 6/10
Feb 15, 2013 1:21 PM

Jan 2008
So... uhm... why DID Pierrot ax Joker? He was doing just fine. Now, let's list some things left unanswered, and unasked.

1. What the fuck WAS Joker? He wasn't a fallen fairy like the other three, and was way more powerful. If Pierrot had given HIM a power-up, he would have wasted the girls.
2. We're not even gonna try and give Pierrot some sort of character. We're just going with "He's evil."? Hell, even Noise had more of a personality they him. at least Noise DID stuff for more then 2 episodes. This guys is the least intimidating end boss for any Precuew show. Man, Dark King would be embarrassed.
3. If the Queen was dead, who the HELL sealed Pierrot? Did she die after?
4. Since the Queen was DEAD, why the hell was Joker wasting time reviving Pierrot? It's not like anyone had any sort of defense against him.
5. What the hell was the Yellow nose? They used it once, never explained it, and never mentioned it again.
DmonHiroFeb 15, 2013 1:26 PM
Apr 1, 2013 4:44 PM

Nov 2008
I am Ultra Happy that this is over!
May 20, 2013 1:40 PM

Jul 2012
Meh, I marathoned this but the last few episodes (like the last three, the five power up ones were good) really brought it down. I was moving my score around from a 7, to a 6, to a 5, to a 8, to a 7, and finally to a 6.

That crying ending as bleh.
Jan 6, 2014 12:18 PM
May 2012
oh man, dat ending was disappointing. I know it is "just" precure and not madoka but could have been much more instead we got so much wasted potential. felt like the creators were aiming for too much. everything was solved so easily and i hate a dragging goodbye scene when the character returns in the end, which was obvious that's why it did not do anything for me ... 6/10 it is, had its moments ( peaked at ep 22-23) ...
May 23, 2015 7:43 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
This was such a boring season. It was pretty much a rehash of Precure 5, they didn't even try much. The pace was awful also and it could have ended around episode 25 or so. That battle around there was much better than the final battle, it felt more like a final battle even. And the fairy-tale theme? Precure 5 GoGo did it too. The characters were typical archetypes, recycled from 5; But unlike 5, I couldn't like any of these characters.

The good points were that every character had a spotlight, they didn't try to favorite Miyuki for example, there were some good fights and the villains were entertaining.
Dec 5, 2015 10:59 AM
Jun 2010
lol, madoka saved the day
Mar 1, 2016 10:27 PM

Dec 2014
The ending was fine-- although I do find the crying parts underwhelming. As for Smile itself, I liked and enjoyed the season.

Just saying, but don't get why people say that Smile is a ripoff/rehash of Yes PreCure 5. Just because they have the same Cure colors doesn't mean so. While Smile has some considerable flaws, such as the slow pacing and next to no plot, it was a truly fun season and there isn't any particular episode that bored me.

All characters are lovable, Yayoi in particular ^^

7.5/10, would watch again.
KOZ8888Apr 28, 2016 5:01 AM
May 16, 2016 10:15 AM

May 2008
i really want to know why people overrate so much Heartcatch...
Yes, Smile is not the best precure series... but have atleast some charm...

Heartcatch is like gurren lagan... people overrated because it look like epic.. but not really...
It's not bad. Both show are great but people is overated it.

BTW "Futari wa" (Best is Splash Star) and "Yes" is possible the best series of all the precure series...
Haou-JudaiMay 16, 2016 10:32 AM
Nov 9, 2016 2:06 AM

Jul 2015
as an introduction to Precure I loved this. can't wait to get to the other seasons if this one is considered weak.
╳ ╳ ╳
Nov 16, 2016 11:40 PM

Jun 2014
The ending was alright. It started strong with episode 45 and went downhil from there.
It feels like the final fight had was way too short, like it's missing 2-3 more episodes to get more screene time for Joker, Bad Ends and Pierrot.
I never cared too much about the story in Smile, so I'm not that upset since I mostly like the show for the episodic stuff, but they wasted a lot of potential during these last few episodes.
Dec 2, 2016 3:10 PM
Jan 2015
This is like watching All Stars DX 3. It's different from it. And it's follow by Go Princess Precure ep 50.
Sep 1, 2017 5:44 PM

Nov 2012
Hate to say it but this is probably the second worst precure I've seen. This season was just a complete miss for me on all fronts,and while I didn't HATE this season I just found it extremely average at best.

As for this episode,the long (dragged out) crying scene and goodbye scene made for a really lame ending tbh (especially with the obvious reuniting literally a few minutes later).

Dokidoki next huh,knowing it's reputation as the worst precure definitely holding off watching that,cause watching two bad seasons back to back would blow.
Nov 4, 2018 9:43 AM

Jul 2015
I'm honestly surprised about the hate I see in this thread because I personally loved the finale, even if sadly seeing Candy come back at the end made the emotion of the goodbye way less meaningful, the series was perfect to me up to the last 30 seconds lmao.

With that said, holy damn that was another amazing Precure entry, not sure if I'm a complete fanboy or just lucky with the ones I watched so far (Hugtto, Heartcatch, Princess and now Smile) but I just freaking loved all four of them, this final episode made me cry hard with the emotions of the moment, so happy to see that their fun days together continue.

Well, time to tackle the original! I hope the trend continues with that one.
Apr 10, 2019 9:49 PM

Dec 2011
I was prepared to hate the ending entirely if they really said goodbye to Candy forever. I don't know how or why but her showing up at the end with everyone just felt right. Don't have to understand it to enjoy it.

This was my official introduction to the precure franchise (I've seen parts of doki and futari wa but haven't completed) and I enjoyed it immensely. It was fun and lighthearted, I wish it stayed as good as the first arc in the second half but ah well. The characters more than made up for it. I think Candy had the best development, she became so strong. The "I love you" at the end from everyone was so :(( goddang sweet :(((

If we're taking this seriously then yes, there's a lot of issues and unexplained loose ends, but are you supposed to analyze it so critically? It didn't begin seriously so I'm not taking it seriously. What it did was enough. It was a good time and I'm going to miss it, but I'm excited for Heartcatch and waay far off into the future, hug tto!
Sep 12, 2019 2:46 AM

May 2016
Honestly, despite what everyone said back in the day. I'm still glad this was a part of last 10-19 years before my 20s.

Thanks Smile Precure and love your last 9 episodes the most.
Mar 5, 2022 12:59 AM

Aug 2018
Overall, anime was enjoyable to watch.. I liked when villains were goofs.. Anime tried to make some kind of arcs in the end about happiness and despair, and they kinda did what they wanted, even if it's unusual, I feel.. For me, that is.. Transcending despair is an interesting idea.. Did they transcend despair through making it a fuel for their smiles and stuff becoming more meaningful in the end?.. Happiness idea through kindness with others is an interesting idea.. And just girls were cute.. Fairy tales topics are interesting for me personally.. Akanbes were funny as well.. And some other things I liked as well.. How many different potentially interesting for future anime creations overall, not only this series - how many interesting various topics were used.. How characters had their arcs and stuff to deal with.. Anime had some stuff going on, which I personally enjoyed.. And so anime was enjoyable for me personally.. ;P
Apr 23, 2022 4:15 AM

Feb 2020
This was one the most emotional finales I have ever seen. Everyone were crying so much.. :´( To be honest, I couldn't hold my tears either..

But I'm so glad Candy came back! ^_^

The final fight wasn't anything amazing, but definitely not bad either. Also, they never really explained who/what Joker really was. He just vanished after being absorbed by Pierrot, but oh well..

Overall, this was s decent season, but the main plot was a little too repetitive. Basically, they just kept collecting those Cure Decors forever. Also, I didn't like some of the characters at all.

Those Majorina episodes with her random inventions were probably the highlight moments. They were often funny.

SerafosNov 1, 2023 6:07 AM
Nov 13, 2022 10:03 AM
Jul 2022
The entire voice acting in this episode is far more annoying than usual, mainly due to the characters' non-stop crying throughout most of the episode; not helping is the fact that their crying sounds come off as toddlers throwing temper tantrums rather than legit genuine crying. 😭
Nov 13, 2022 10:07 AM
Jul 2022
The humor in this episode is so sad, the worst example is when the Pretty Cures and Candy are crying together, which is just beyond cruel. 😭
Nov 13, 2022 10:09 AM
Jul 2022
Although this episode is said to be a dedication to the victims of COVID-19, this episode barely has anything to do with the actual COVID-19 incident, hence making this episode utterly tasteless, disrespectful and a huge insult to the victims of COVID-19. 😭
Nov 13, 2022 10:11 AM
Jul 2022
This episode tries to make the audience feel sorry for the Pretty Cures, Candy and Pop, but instead, it makes you cry, scream, and throw temper tantrums due to the non-stop crying they do until further notice. 😭
Jan 29, 2023 7:57 AM
Jan 2023
If Sobble cries then we cry! 😭
Mar 24, 2023 10:41 PM
Mar 2023
a very good and happy ending

More topics from this board

Poll: » Smile Precure! Episode 23 Discussion

minimiau - Jul 15, 2012

40 by ThorVermillion »»
Apr 19, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Smile Precure! Episode 40 Discussion

Kaengel - Nov 25, 2012

10 by kitaaaa »»
Apr 13, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Smile Precure! Episode 3 Discussion

stevewiess01 - Feb 18, 2012

31 by DylansTrashTaste »»
Mar 4, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Smile Precure! Episode 2 Discussion

stevewiess01 - Feb 11, 2012

29 by DylansTrashTaste »»
Mar 4, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Smile Precure! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

samuraitastic - Feb 4, 2012

57 by DylansTrashTaste »»
Mar 4, 4:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.