Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 11, 2013 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice to meet the maid this episode:

Dat near kiss:

Anyways, I enjoyed the latest episode. Those moments between Hero and the Demon Queen were cute :> Not much happened though but that ending seemed interesting.
Jan 11, 2013 9:03 AM

Nov 2007
Experiment to create their utopia. lol @ "marriage". Maou is very tactic and the maid is very cooperative. "Slave-like" people, who eventually became maid helpers.

Oh~~, KajiKaji voicing one of the students!! I wonder what that secret item is.
tsubasaloverJan 11, 2013 9:20 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 11, 2013 11:00 AM

Dec 2012
The episode was meh, 3/5, but i think that's because i still cant get over the fact that everything (especially voice actors) makes me think of spice and wolf... so i think i can consider my opinion to be biased.
Jan 11, 2013 11:01 AM

Feb 2012
This ep pretty much reaffirms the Spice & Wolf vibes. Love it.

The imouto maid sounded like Hina from PapaKiki, but alas. Still, she's adorable :D

I can't wait to see what happens in future eps. In the OP, the maid is seen bleeding with her arm missing indicating there could be some serious shit going down later.
Jan 11, 2013 11:09 AM

Jun 2012
So now that they've started their plan to change the war by teaching a village economics what do I think? Still too early to say but I enjoyed the banter between everyone; the maid we were introduced to was different than I was expecting her but Eri Kitamura doesn't fit a maid that well imo. The voice acting was fine but it just didn't fit.

It's nice to see such a straight forward heroine who doesn't beat around the bush. Her being so shy to ask for a lap pillow was cute. I also like how the hero responds to the heroines declarations of love also. He says it in a indirect way by using the pronoun "We" instead of the standard "I'm ..."
Jan 11, 2013 11:13 AM

Aug 2010
Maou!!! Why u sooo CUTE?!?!?!

Really all her blushing and pouting scenes were pure moe! I need to get my body ready before watching each episode XD

Also nxt up...Female Knight. Can't wait :)
Jan 11, 2013 11:17 AM

Nov 2007
Things are moving along nicely, soon we will get the Dark Knight.
Jan 11, 2013 11:49 AM

Mar 2011
aphton said:
About "that near kiss"

How funny it may seem i tried it. It worked. Perfectly.
Dunno where this picture is coming from.

About the episode.
I liked it. For some reasons i really appreciate slow-paced shows and enjoy them more, than those fast-paced titles. And yeah, watching Maou and Yuusha is fun.

Jan 11, 2013 11:50 AM

Dec 2007
I just can't get over my Maou feels ;3; she is the cutest ever omg. Also ngl the Hero is pretty entertaining despite being a kind of generic protagonist. I'm looking forward to getting to see more of the traveling party he left behind, though, omg. The warrior chick looks so cool.
Ich verstehe nicht
Jan 11, 2013 12:01 PM

Oct 2011
what was that? cuting off bouncing boobs and giving instead cute interactions between Queen and Hero
this is direction that I like a lot
also that Maid, nice character even if she sucks at conspiracy (but most there do)

but seeing them working towards the goal... if they keep up with the chemistry between characters and background it might be one of best series this season
Jan 11, 2013 12:04 PM

Jul 2009
man in my mind, im just watching spice and wolf season 3.
HORO HNGHHHHHHHHHHH
Jan 11, 2013 12:30 PM

Jul 2012
Yey:) Inaban will be in next episode :)
Jan 11, 2013 12:41 PM

Jul 2010
lol @ the kiss scene. Happens every single time!

Imouto maid was very cute.
Jan 11, 2013 12:45 PM

Mar 2012
Not too shabby of an episode. I liked it...I do think they are rushing the romance slightly but still...

aphton said:
About "that near kiss"

Well, she is a Demon Queen...perhaps that's her special power. lol
Jan 11, 2013 12:57 PM
Aug 2012
Stringed said:
I just can't get over my Maou feels ;3; she is the cutest ever omg. Also ngl the Hero is pretty entertaining despite being a kind of generic protagonist. I'm looking forward to getting to see more of the traveling party he left behind, though, omg. The warrior chick looks so cool.

Yeah the same for me, I can't get over Maou her personality fits my taste
DAMMMMM That Kiss was some what adorable if it did happen

As for the maid.. Don't hate her she was just testing the serfs, weather they would rather beg for money or actually work for it

If this path continue, might as well be one of the best in this season as well
Jan 11, 2013 1:01 PM

Feb 2011
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Can't stop looking at Maou's boobs dammit .
Jan 11, 2013 1:06 PM
Jun 2008
So far, no name given to the char (´`) ... Since I am bad at remembering names in Anime(in real life as well), I guess this is a plus to me

War that doesn't receive special procurement ,economic self reliance is their main goal from what I see. Well, let see what Mao experimenting will benefit xD
Jan 11, 2013 1:09 PM

Jan 2013
I loved this episode and I can't wait to see the characters development.
How cute can the little maid be *.*.
If you want me to read your post (discussion related), let me know on my profile since I don't go back to threads usually.
Jan 11, 2013 1:14 PM

May 2010
that boar was HUGE!

4/5
Jan 11, 2013 1:18 PM

Nov 2012
Really liking the interaction between Hero and Maou. Refreshing to see the main "couple" responding so well to each others feelings right away instead of the usual embarrassment/cold attitude we usually get until the final episode.
Jan 11, 2013 1:24 PM
Aug 2012
The romance is cute and I like the fantasy elements but the maid was a real jerk for a bit.

I'm kind of lost as to where this plans to go from here though, I mean, there's only 10 episodes left or so, they can't be just doing moe moe play house for a while when they set up this expansive adventure plan in episode 1.
Jan 11, 2013 1:37 PM
Nov 2012
I can't kiss like this in real life .. I feel like my spine will come off.
Jan 11, 2013 1:42 PM

Feb 2012
So Maid Chou took two serfs and made them serfs of her own? Instant favorite character of the season.

The Maou/Yuusha relationship was more palatable this week but still nothing compared to Holo/Lawrence.
Jan 11, 2013 1:46 PM

Oct 2012
Well played there Maid Chou, well played.

Decent episode.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jan 11, 2013 2:00 PM
Oct 2010
Nice interactions, and also good approach to the problem (however obvious from our point of view)... Though on that account, I'm very curious about Maou's "secret weapon", since like the Hero said, it will take several years to change the village (and a whole lot more to change a nation) going at that pace. The year they can buy with some rumors won't cover the required time if they don't step it up... Not to mention, the Hero would be too old to go anywhere by the time they finish, even if they find a way to remain inconspicuous. >_>

On the other hand, it wouldn't be that bad a story if they did end their quest when the Hero gets old. Or even if it was their children who finished the job. It would make a credible tale... I seriously doubt it will go this road though...

BTW, I still don't get used to their "names" being Hero, Maou, Maid... I don't mind that "naming" sense in short stories, but it feels off to me for anything longer.

EDIT: Ok, at least the Maid is Maid Cou (as there are other maids)... but you get my point right?
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jan 11, 2013 2:01 PM

Nov 2012
OMGOMGOMG! :D
This might just be the best series in this season :D
When the ending credits started I was "WTF already?!" xO
I'm so hooked up, I can't wait for next episode...
Art should be left alone by those unenlightened, raw and uncensored as it is, because enough refinement was already done by it's creator, in it's creation.
Jan 11, 2013 2:03 PM
Oct 2010
GatekeeperLamb said:
I can't kiss like this in real life .. I feel like my spine will come off.
Maybe demons are extremely flexible.

JK, it's not that hard to do it... Not too comfortable though.
Friedrich Schiller
Jan 11, 2013 2:08 PM

Aug 2010
I'm so loving this.
Jan 11, 2013 2:17 PM
Oct 2012
The 20mins to watch this episode was worth it with the sight of that boar.
Jan 11, 2013 2:30 PM

Jun 2009
Not bad at all. Maybe the romance is slightly rushed but it still feels pretty natural to me so I'm happy with it. Yay, for no bouncing boobs this time.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 11, 2013 2:32 PM

Feb 2012
insan3soldiern said:
Yay, for no bouncing boobs this time.

Agreed.

Maybe that's why I said their relationship was "more palatable this week." >_>
Jan 11, 2013 3:00 PM

May 2010
That Head Maid is cold but fair. haha
Jan 11, 2013 3:12 PM

Mar 2012
It's second episode and we're already into love-bird mode. Well, at least it doesn't feel quite sudden since the two basically look like beginners in this relationship.

It is also in second episode that we see how this series will run. Judging from the attempt to spread crop rotation, it looks like Maou will be delivering relatively advanced knowledge to what is essentially a Middle Age era civilization. Lifting up the people little by little through education. But it's a little disappointing in some respects, because the issues that will be presented in this series won't exactly be intellectually challenging. Crop rotation, math, and basic economics are common knowledge these days. At the end of the day, this "uplifting" is going to seem somewhat artificial because the setting is just so backwater. But I enjoyed the episode anyway, and this series is setting a good tone so far. It definitely is looking like one of the top for the season.

The question I guess is: how come Maou hasn't taken over the world yet? If she's able to implement all her knowledge in her country (and she reigns supreme there), the demons should be much more advanced than the humans...

Next episode Onna Kishi will be making an appearance. Time for some romance rival I guess.
Jan 11, 2013 3:13 PM
Sep 2012
I´m hooked and I´m really attached to this already! And I jusr realized how much I´m also attached to the OP. If the Anime continues to be good it will likely end up in my favorites.
Jan 11, 2013 3:16 PM
Jan 2013
tezann_t said:
It's second episode and we're already into love-bird mode. Well, at least it doesn't feel quite sudden since the two are basically beginners in this game.

It is also in second episode that we see how this series will run. Judging from the crop rotation, it looks like Maou will be delivering relatively advanced knowledge to what is essentially a Middle Age era civilization. Lifting up the people little by little through education. But it's a little disappointing in some respects, because the issues that will be presented in this series won't exactly be intellectually challenging. Crop rotation, math, and basic economics are common knowledge these days. At the end of the day, this "uplifting" is going to seem somewhat artificial because the setting is just so backwater. But I enjoyed the episode anyway, and this series is setting a good tone so far. It definitely is looking like one of the top for the season.

The question I guess is: how come Maou hasn't taken over the world yet? If she's able to implement all her knowledge in her country (and she reigns supreme there), the demons should be much more advanced than the humans...

Interesting question. Perhaps her role in name would not permit her to do such a thing. We haven't seen much demons so far. I'm not sure if the maid is human too. It's implied she has advanced knowledge of most subjects, but not necessarily everything. Limited resources, numbers? She did mention that its the same for both "humans" and "demons" with regards to the war, in such forth that they benefit. The alternatives would be "worse" although I don't remember how demons would have it worse. The fact that the main demon empire can resist the human forces for such a long time would be a testament to their superiority in combat, I suppose.

Likewise she's demon king in name only, with internal strife in her family as to who will be the successor, or leader/king according to Episode 1
(See automatic genius...)
SomePersonJan 11, 2013 3:27 PM
Jan 11, 2013 3:20 PM
Oct 2010
tezann_t said:
The question I guess is: how come Maou hasn't taken over the world yet? If she's able to implement all her knowledge in her country (and she reigns supreme there), the demons should be much more advanced than the humans....
Fair question, I can only assume that she doesn't really have the control of her reign... but otherwise...

Well, maybe it will be clarified or maybe not. For now I think it's probably best not to look too hard for inconsistencies, as one might find too many. Let us just enjoy the ride.
Friedrich Schiller
Jan 11, 2013 3:24 PM

Jan 2013
niaxato said:
Really liking the interaction between Hero and Maou. Refreshing to see the main "couple" responding so well to each others feelings right away instead of the usual embarrassment/cold attitude we usually get until the final episode.

Thats my feelings as well, rather liked this ep.

As to the question on above in reguards to the demons, from the way Maou has talked in these two eps, I assume she has a fragile hold on the demons, there numbers are small, or it might be more of a feudal set up where shes technically a figure head atm.
Jan 11, 2013 3:25 PM

May 2012
Ahh the maou is so cute :3
Didnt expect that both of them are already in the love-bird mode too.
Nice scene at the chimney, let's how it developes.

7/10
Jan 11, 2013 3:27 PM

Aug 2010
that was one cute scene in front of the fire. Less bouncy boobs and more blushing and shy but still very direct with her wishes maou is welcome. And an almost kiss in the second ep already? Yes please.

Btw, with all this infos we get in this anime, this isn't quite as lighthearted as expected, but I'm not complaining here
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jan 11, 2013 3:36 PM

Dec 2010
Really enjoying this adaption, i initially thought the designs would bother me when compared to the manga (even though this is technically a novel adaption) but whatever unease i had about the designs are completely gone, the animation and designs work just fine.

Can't wait for the introduction of Female Knight :D
Jan 11, 2013 3:42 PM

Jan 2011
thankfully this wasn't a boob feast like last week Much better episode the relationship between Hero and Maou isn't half bad it maybe progressing a bit fast but i don't think that's the main focus of this nonetheless its entertaining to watch :).

nice that those Serfs turned into maids.
Jan 11, 2013 3:43 PM

Jul 2007
People expecting action most likely will be disappointed for a long time, since majority fo the series seems to be in the genre of Macroeconomics, which is perfectly fine with me.

Fucking awesome episode as always. Gives off a S&W vibe, but in a different way(After all, S&W was mostly micro-economics and overall merchant-job, while Maoyuu is macroeconomics and politics)

Loved Head Maid's talk about self-respect.

5/5

Hakuromatsu said:
So Maid Chou took two serfs and made them serfs of her own? Instant favorite character of the season.

The way I see, "maids" cover-up is temporary for them, as they are "being made into people" so to say.

The overall view towards maids in the society like this seems to be more respectable and human-like. The way it seems to work here is that they are more akin to japanese geishas - well-educated and more like caretakers than someone to be ordered around.

RedArmyShogun said:

As to the question on above in reguards to the demons, from the way Maou has talked in these two eps, I assume she has a fragile hold on the demons, there numbers are small, or it might be more of a feudal set up where shes technically a figure head atm.

It was talked about in previous episode - Demon world was not that different from Human - a bunch of nations squaring off against themselves, that got united under one banner against a common threat - Demon King even stated that there is already a bit of scheming and in-fighting there.
Jan 11, 2013 3:43 PM

Sep 2012
It seems like they got rid of bouncing boobs and continued with the plot.
A good episode, hopefully more entertaining next week.
Jan 11, 2013 3:44 PM

Feb 2012
Good one this week, a little slow, but enjoyable.

Can't wait for next one, looks like Hero's guys are about to show up in that village.
Jan 11, 2013 3:50 PM
Dec 2012
It was soso; not bad not impressive, a kind of breather (on the 2nd episode!!). I like this kind of slow pace episode as well, but wish they had dug deeper into the economic side much more.

That maid reminded me of a maid from Black Lagoon. It was an exciting moment when she took a harsh attitude toward the two young serfs. But the subsequent progress was very predictable and typical.

Like someone already mentioned, I find it interesting the characters don't have names--just the "archfiend," "valiant," "chief maid," "knight," "prince," and so on. It's as if they didn't want us to have a personal attachment to any of the characters.
eminagnamJan 11, 2013 3:54 PM
Jan 11, 2013 3:57 PM
Jan 2013
eminagnam said:
It was soso; not bad not impressive, a kind of breather (on the 2nd episode!!). I like this kind of slow pace episode as well, but wish they had dug deeper into the economic side much more.

That maid reminded me of a maid from Black Lagoon. It was an exciting moment when she took a harsh attitude toward the two young serfs. But the subsequent progress was very predictable and typical.

Like someone already mentioned, I find it interesting the characters don't have names--just the "archfiend," "valiant," "chief maid," "knight," "prince," and so on. It's as if they didn't want us to have a personal attachment to any of the characters.

Or it could be an adaptation thing. Like a game or something.
Personally I like demon king, hero, etc. Easy to remember for me.
I'm guessing this emphasizes their "roles".

The maid's actions were pretty predictable, and the harshness wasn't completely unwarranted. [Stand up for yourself.]
Jan 11, 2013 4:03 PM

Oct 2011
A good episode, but doesn't get you so hyped. Let's see what the secret weapon is in the next episode, from my guess, it could be some magic seeds, or sth, from our civilization, maybe not!!
Signature
Jan 11, 2013 4:08 PM

Jan 2013
SomePerson said:

The maid's actions were pretty predictable, and the harshness wasn't completely unwarranted. [Stand up for yourself.]

Technically its just the translation of what they are named.

Shes Mao (maou) and he's Yusha. (yuusha). I mean the words do sound like names. Reguardless I think its made like that on purpose.

Its ment to be a story bookish from what I've seen. Just watch those two will get even closer and we'll have a happy ending. Not that I mind that at all.
Jan 11, 2013 4:15 PM

Jul 2007
RedArmyShogun said:
SomePerson said:

Technically its just the translation of what they are named.

Shes Mao (maou) and he's Yusha. (yuusha). I mean the words do sound like names. Reguardless I think its made like that on purpose.

Its ment to be a story bookish from what I've seen. Just watch those two will get even closer and we'll have a happy ending. Not that I mind that at all.

NO locations or characters have proper names. From what I heard this whole thing is meant to evoke a feeling of a play.
Jan 11, 2013 4:23 PM

Jan 2012
Another good episode. That maid was a little tough, but she's ok I guess.

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

symbv - Mar 1, 2013

211 by MeguriRapture »»
Mar 6, 12:04 AM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2013

294 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 2, 6:23 PM

» End Credits Visual Illustration

AsteriskWarrior1 - Dec 30, 2023

0 by AsteriskWarrior1 »»
Dec 30, 2023 3:11 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2013

92 by DOMBAS2001 »»
Dec 30, 2023 10:46 AM

Poll: » Do you think that anime season 2nd will be available in future?

SametTakao - Nov 6, 2023

9 by Rudericky »»
Dec 3, 2023 2:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.