Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 4, 2013 10:28 AM

Mar 2013
To all biologist and scientist, you better start researching telomere reproduction or anything similar to rejuvenation and when you do, please be generous and share the knowledge around !
Apr 7, 2013 6:15 AM

Jan 2008
Fantasic Episode! Very interesting to see that Saki wasn't the only special one, but that the whole of group 1 was singled out and basically raised to at some point become protectors of the village / society at large.
Fantastic that Saki stands up to that comittee, very much in Character and basically what Tomiko intended, when she let Group 1 develop more independent thought and action.
Also interesting that Saki was trained by Tomiko to become "immortal" (or at least rejuvenating, for however long).
I have a bad feeling about the ending and the fact that Mamoru and Maria were gone.
"Truth is always a delusion." - Friedrich Dürrenmatt
Apr 11, 2013 10:20 AM

Jan 2012
LMAO when they were talking but no sound was coming out i thought the player i was using was broke :/ *facepalm* a lot information again i feel like i need to lie down for 10minutes after i watch an episode of this!
Apr 13, 2013 11:20 AM

Jun 2011
Holy....

That was just brilliant. The more I watch this the better it gets.
Apr 18, 2013 6:40 AM

Sep 2011
Elite60 said:
"Sayonara"

Damn cliffhanger end.
Apr 24, 2013 3:12 PM

Sep 2011
Nice cliffhanger (the lips-moving-but-no-sound thing worked well), I wonder where they went.

I liked how Saki started to spill the beans on the BoE and their ways.

I just somehow can't trust that woman (the head of the EC). She seems nice, but I just can't accept that such and important person would be so good :/

Saki should really tell the others about what she and that woman discussed, and her plan of Saki succeeding her. I fear that there will be a lot of fights about this later (betraying their trust and whatnot).

(That scene with Saki and Maria together under the blanket was nice :3)
RazielZeroApr 24, 2013 3:18 PM
May 16, 2013 7:11 PM

Jan 2013
Fck getting interesting.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

May 25, 2013 8:34 AM

Sep 2011
Man i am just in love with this series. Its one of the few shows that has so much potential and actually follows through with it.

Only little over halfway done and this is already a very strong 9/10 and i can very much see this going to a 10 by the time all is said and done if they manage to hold back no punches in the coming episodes

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 2, 2013 8:41 AM

Apr 2013
A very interesting episode. I wonder where is Maria and Mamoru ?
Jul 26, 2013 8:27 AM

Jan 2013
I honestly doubt that Mamoru and even Maria would have a good life if they were brought back. It seems they were smart enough to realize that and left already. I thought that quick flashback-like goodbye from Maria at the end was a nice effect.

Grandma (head of ethics committee) saves the day! I kinda wish Saki would have yelled out in protest for her friend but she kept calm the whole time. That's either quite some strength or she was afraid; I think it's more the former though.

Yay more science thrown in. Hah like I said before, too much school...
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Aug 14, 2013 12:46 AM

Sep 2012
Great series so far
But I swear one of the OST's sounds like the old Windows error.
Aug 15, 2013 9:59 AM

Jul 2012
Chill... "Sayonara",,, AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh
Sep 20, 2013 5:31 PM

Nov 2012
shit just getting real again..
now where the hell is mamoru and maria go? -_-
Oct 24, 2013 7:28 AM

Oct 2011
Great episode. I can't believe Tomiko-sama is 267! Despite the fact she's really nice to Saki, I can't help feeling slightly suspicious of her. I honestly don't think Maria and Mamoru will ever be coming back to the village. The "lips-moving-but-not-hearing" thing with Maria was really well done.
Jan 10, 2014 6:45 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

While returning to the series after so many months, I find his hand away with strengths and weaknesses. The defect that novice users will bother you is the graphics, but in contrast there is an interesting story. A1 Pictures, which has got it right! Nice storytelling, about the BGM. The costume design and original as the drawings, it reminds me so much because Uchouten Kazoku that although the drawings as unobtrusive beauty of the characters, the story and the rest is fantastic.
Good detection Tomiko, dialogues engaging.

It's back to the field! : D
Mar 28, 2014 9:01 AM

Jul 2013
Wow, this series is now starting to get interesting. ^^
Apr 28, 2014 3:39 PM

Aug 2013
Oh my god, Tomiko and her influence is totally terrifying. I just can't trust her, she look way too innocent, but his profoundly cold. No wonder why she is cold, to have lived 267 years... I don't believe her when she said that she would be guarantor of Maria and Mamoru, I'm pretty sure that she had no choice but to kill them both.

I was really hoping Saki start acting offendingly in front of that stupid committee and guess what? She did! :D
She have some awesome guts.

So from what they said at the end, Maria have been to the point of changing the topography of the field to cover her track. I guess that Maria will transform in a monster, trying to defend Mamoru. Since everyone will be against them, she will have to become violent and will maybe transform in a fiend.

Also, what Satoru said in the preview was really disturbing. He said that it looked like they (the queerats I guess) were trying to replace them, the human. We don't really know their number, they could have been ploting for many years the fall of human. After all, they are their slave.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 15, 2014 6:05 PM

Nov 2012
Mindblowing episode. The dialogue here has reached its peak on how well it engaged me. Everything presented in this episode was executed flawlessly.
Jun 27, 2014 9:06 AM

Feb 2014
Best episode so far. The pacing was great, the dialogue was engaging and they didn't go overboard with the info dump. And unlike with some of the previous episodes the facial expressions didn't feel awkward, even though there was some of the usual cutting corners with the animation.

Going by how different the period in which the story of K takes place (and Tomiko's obvious appearance), I had hunch Tomiko was much older than she looks, but didn't expect her to be over 250 years old.
Jul 7, 2014 4:02 PM

Jan 2014
This will lead to so much trouble. Questioning the interrogators like that only reveals her inner views and position.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jul 19, 2014 2:07 PM

Jun 2009
Haha, the interrogation reminded me of a certain scene in LoGH. Which is awesome. Saki really stuck it to them a bit there, even knowing she would most likely be killed for it. I don't know, man. I think their reasons are sound, but snuffing out children just bothers me. It's obvious going by Shun and, K, and eventually I guess Maria. But, damn. Grandma Asahina is pretty alright, though. She's definitely made some....interesting arguments as to why the Impure Cats and so on are necessary measures.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 2, 2014 1:04 AM

Feb 2011
the education commitee is too trigger happy with erasing people, as if the population wasn't low enouth already

at least tomiko seems a bit sensed, even if age alone seems a bit weak, doubt it can have any effect outside of the town's limits
wonder why she's looking for someone to take her place, maybe she's just tired after all that time

so maria and mamoru decided to leave for real, this is gonna end bad..

keep thinking that all this trouble with trying to regulate an unstable power as PK could be solved if there were more research in the direction of anti-PK, odd how the scientist faction didn't figure that out already or failed to reach that point
the anti-PK they have now is pretty incomplete and weak

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Nov 4, 2014 9:22 AM

Mar 2013
Clear as day that this is the best arc so far (if it can be called an arc)... well, in my opinion anyway. All the episodes since 11 or maybe 12 have been great. Hope it continues.
Nov 6, 2014 8:25 PM

Jul 2014
Oh man that last line... This show is so well done
Nov 18, 2014 4:55 PM
Dec 2013
great episode ohh boy I can already see this whole thing ending in tragedy (probably with Mamoru getting killed by the cats and Maria going all crazy)
love this show
FuckMAl4132Nov 18, 2014 5:01 PM
Dec 1, 2014 6:37 AM
Jan 2014
That mouth thing in the beginning and at the end were so well pieced together.
This show keeps amazing me with how awesome and deep it really is and I love it.
Dec 27, 2014 2:00 AM
Oct 2014
ive began to actually enjoy watching this series after tomiko was introduced. feels like they have an actual plot forming. the part where she explains how she sustains her youth was pretty cool
Jan 24, 2015 4:04 PM

Jun 2013
So the ones with free will and critical thinking select a chosen few out of the herd to pass on their jobs. The rest is as they said, hypnotized to become mindless sheeps.

Just looking forward to a rebellion of some sort right now. I desperately hope Shun comes back and helps Saki and the others in a war against the brainwashing society.
Jan 24, 2015 4:05 PM

Jul 2012
plzhelpme42 said:
feels like they have an actual plot forming.

wow
this comment
wow
i dont know what to say
Mar 1, 2015 12:45 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
mayukachan said:
plzhelpme42 said:
feels like they have an actual plot forming.

wow
this comment
wow
i dont know what to say

I agree. This show has been absolutely brilliant at weaving a story and creating one of the most complete "world building" exercises I've seen in any show. The plot has been there from the beginning. In fact the weakest part for me has been the main characters. Not that they're weak in themselves, I just feel that other than Saki, they haven't really fleshed out the others so well.

I'm really looking forward to see where they take this. I've been careful not to read anything about it so I don't get "spoilt"
FarabeufMar 1, 2015 12:58 PM
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 23, 2015 10:31 AM

May 2012
stop with the cliff hangers D;
Apr 9, 2015 7:56 AM

Jan 2014
Zhou said:
Tomiko is 267 years old, boy, did that surprise me but is she really Satoru's grandmother in that case?
She could be everyone's grandmother in that case :D
Apr 24, 2015 1:13 AM

Oct 2013
Dang... what a tense, unnerving, suspenseful episode. I feel as if episodes like this are the reward for sitting through slow-paced, fairly uneventful and borderline tedious episodes like the previous. This episode created such an air of mystery, an atmosphere as if there is a lot going on we haven't been illuminated to yet, a vibe I haven't felt for a few episodes now.

One line that really stood out to me: "Why do you think everyone should live in fear all because of the actions of a single, selfish student?" A question that could also be asked is why should so many innocent students lose their lives due to the paranoia of those that surround them?

Still, I believe the series has successfully generated a duality between the elders and the children in emphasizing just how tremendous of a threat an ogre is. It's a sound reason to be so paranoid to be certain. I cannot condone their methods, but after this episode I no longer feel as if I can condemn them either.

And this was the first cliffhanger for several episodes now that had me truly invested in seeing how it continued. If Maria and Mamoru are even still alive, I have a strong suspicion the promise that they will remain unharmed if returned to the village was a hollow one.
ZadionApr 24, 2015 1:22 AM

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jun 9, 2015 11:20 PM

Jan 2010
Well that's a fun thought experiment.

If you were hypnotized into being happy and loyal, devoid of free will or independent thought, yet you feel absolutely complacent since you've never known what thinking for yourself even means, would that be a good life? It would be a paradise where you wouldn't know what loss or pain felt like, as that would just get wiped. And, with no reason to look towards the outside world, you're completely fine to stay within your little bubble. The show brings up a good point against this thought, as complacent sheep can't lead or defend the village. Of course, free will leads to unpredictability, and is often the seed that ruins Utopian societies.

By the way, I'm enjoying Tomino's character, as she's level-headed and fair, yet stern and direct. Like Saki, she takes control of situations before they get out of hand, perhaps a little too aggressively, but they both get things done.
Jun 13, 2015 11:59 AM

Dec 2014
Best episode yet. I can't wait to see what comes next!
Jul 5, 2015 9:50 PM
Dec 2011
is it just me?? i don't know i just don't trust "tomiko" why do i feel she is using saki...! i know she is telling the truth but she not telling the hole truth ... poor mamoru is the target and maria is so in love with him she always was she just didn't knew how much until now ! :3 i hope they will be okay i really wonder if they will be safe after coming to the village though also why mamoru the target to be killed ?? well they saw the cats in courtyard but those memories were erased so why?

we will find out soon anyway so saki and maria had a just physical thing huh? i know why saki is miserable without SHUN so she turn to maria for comfort also i saw the reaction SAKI gave to just the mention of "shun's personality by tomiko" saki's eyes went in to a shock just for a moment ! :3
Aug 24, 2015 8:51 AM

May 2010
No no you can't do that... Seriously? ... So you are telling me Saki will learn that skill from Tomiko and eventually become someone everyone has to depend on? (like they don't depend on her enough already) This is SO not gonna end good. I feel like Saki might be able to become immortal. You know, when people pass on their skills to new generation, it evolves. This is more so from my experience earned by playing games mainly rpgs, but that's what I feel. I feel like this is gonna have a really sad end. God, please save me from spoilers until then.
Sep 26, 2015 2:44 PM

Jan 2013
I really liked how the committee responded to Saki's answers at the end, so shocked and outraged :D

Tomiko tells Saki about her aging secret, even helps her out with the issues that's been going on with her friends and herself.

Great episode.
Oct 31, 2015 7:40 AM

Mar 2015
What about Tomiko's nervous system? I mean all the PNS and CNS stuff, especially the brain itself. She'll need more than a Telomeres regeneration ability to keep her brain functioning for 267 years. I think she must need the ability to get rid of all the accumulated free radical in the brain cells.

Jan 5, 2016 10:51 AM

Sep 2013
I just want all those elderly to fuck off.

Yea, you won't fool me, you fucking bastards. Especially grandma.
Apr 2, 2016 5:16 AM
May 2012
Oh boy, Hiromi sounds really cute when she was getting roasted.
And what, are they going to create a family in the forest?
Apr 27, 2016 2:24 PM

Sep 2015
I wonder what it is exactly that the Court people wanted Saki to say? When she started to tell them the truth of what happened, they became unhappy with her. What did they want her to do and say? If they were planning on doing off with her from the start then I'm confused as to what the point of the hearing was even about. It's not like they need to have a hearing to dispose of someone; they clearly had made their minds up already.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
May 8, 2016 5:10 PM

Dec 2015
Watching Tomiko turn the tables against the Ethics Comitee was really awesome, but I have a feeling she is manipulating Saki. Why or for what purpose I have no idea, but I just think she has something else planned.

Really anything could happen with Maria and Mamoru there, I thought maybe she was gonna kill herself but someone here said she isn't harmed, so that's a relief. I guess she is gonna fight with Saki and Satoru?
Aug 2, 2016 1:49 AM

Apr 2009
Hah, I knew it! I had a suspicion the first time she appeared that Tomiko had some degree of control over her own aging because she looks too young to be a grand mother, I mean not even a single wrinkle! I think after all those centuries, maybe she will get bored in the end or whatever end is to her anyway. So she was the nurse back when she was narrating to Saki of the last records of Fiends. Hmm, centuries of accumulated knowledge and experience is her power even if her Cantus is average according to her. Nigh immortality and regeneration is just average to her, how friggin modest! O_o

Did Maria and Mamoru went farther away from the Holy Barrier to evade capture because that might be the meaning of the farewell she said?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 21, 2016 5:31 AM

Mar 2015
The court was interesting. Little Sci-Fi there.

Is there no OP in this show? how sad :(

3.2/5
Sep 13, 2016 3:39 PM

Mar 2015
I see the hype now. So the first half was about world setting. Introducing characters, Tainted Cats, Queerats, and abilities. Second half is where the story and plot started.

They can't just tease Maria x Saki on a bed like that! Just to say that Maria chose Mamoru over Saki! Goddamn NTR to the next level.

Oct 16, 2016 10:30 PM

Sep 2013
Some interesting developments

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Nov 5, 2016 2:28 AM

Jul 2008
Oh dear I think Grandma is lying about letting those 2 live now.
Nov 17, 2016 7:48 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Damm, I dont want to see Maria disapper! Fuck Mamoru, abandon that asshole and come back Maria!!

Dammit..
Jun 17, 2017 11:12 AM
Nov 2015
Grandma is badass. Looks like there are yet another 2 casualties
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Ugly KV

ScuzzyBear - Jun 8, 2023

9 by charlieman999 »»
Mar 28, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2012

702 by Ryls »»
Mar 19, 12:05 PM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

1325 by Xeehad »»
Mar 2, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2012

516 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 10:04 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2012

363 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.