Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 4, 2013 3:23 PM

Aug 2010
I'm so skeptical about this, so much that I can't enjoy it.
Unnecessary fanservice, dull MC... Yeah, I'll prepare for disaster :/
Comedy is good though.
Jan 4, 2013 3:26 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I wasn't really excited to watch this, or more like it just looked interesting and so I had put it on my plan to watch list. But the first episode impressed me! It reminds me a little of the manga Superior, where the Yuusha meets the Maou. I like how there is economics involved, and again, like Superior, where the Demon King asks, "who decided that?" when Yuusha comments that demons are evil. I hadn't looked at the cast either, so I was surprised to hear Fukuyama Jun's voice come out of the Yuusha's mouth. Awesome! I miss Chuunibyou, so I'm glad to be hearing Yuuta's voice again :) I laughed out loud when Maou removed her horns o_O definitely wasn't expecting that either. This is something I think I will enjoy, especially with the pretty bgm and the interesting themes. However, the one thing that will keep annoying me is Maou's chest...I think it's totally unnecessary. But that's just my opinion. Hopefully I will be able to ignore that. Otherwise, great first episode. Definitely had me hooked.
Jan 4, 2013 3:29 PM
Dec 2010
Will this anime have a good stroy line? I hope it doesn't go into some stupid fanservice anime
blaze it
Jan 4, 2013 3:30 PM

Aug 2012
This looks like a series i am going to enjoy! Them jugs :O
Jan 4, 2013 3:47 PM

Feb 2009
Hopefully this anime doesn't continue to show such excessive amounts of fanservice.

Apart from that, I enjoyed this episode. The main characters are pretty likable and I've taken a liking to the twist of the typical RPG story.
Jan 4, 2013 3:49 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
finally 24min jan serie T_T !! they released like 10 3-5min series.. which i dont really want to watch. So looking forwards formore 24min anime

But as for this anime. I like it :D Seems really nice and interesting
Jan 4, 2013 3:54 PM

Feb 2012
Really nice 1st episode, enjoyed it a lot, hope it won't disappoint later on.

Loved the last scene lol, and that ending song was beautiful.

Can't wait for next one.
Jan 4, 2013 3:55 PM

Dec 2007
May all the Winter 2013 season shows will be as refreshing as this pure awesomeness.
Jan 4, 2013 4:03 PM

Sep 2012
I am currently watching it and it is awesome perfect can see the romance building up but please i hope these dude is not a bitch MC

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 4, 2013 4:10 PM

Feb 2008
The explanations weren't as in depth as I remember from the manga, which reduced the realism of the hero's decision, but I liked it overall, especially the hug pillow ;)
Jan 4, 2013 4:12 PM

Feb 2012
I thought this show would try to copy the feel from Spice & Wolf, but I now see that it is going a completely different direction, though I don’t think that is bad. Spice & Wolf relied on wit and poise; both Lawrence and Holo were intelligent and would always avoid being the butt of the joke and they both knew that their relationship would never last if they commit to it.

This show looks like it will be a comedy instead of a drama, and the characters are appropriate for that. The hero looks like he is the hard charging type that doesn’t fully understand the specifics of a situation and believes that a heartfelt speech will solve the problem. The Demon King is harder to pin down. She is very intelligent, but tends to default to a cute and childish mode. I expect that she will prove to be more useless than she currently appears, and thus more comedic. I am fascinated at how the blend of comedy, action and drama will work, but the story feels and ambitions and I really want it to work.
Jan 4, 2013 4:15 PM
Oct 2010
Awesome start IMO.

I'll still echo others and say that I hope the fanservice is kept low.

I also hope the MC evolves from the cliché hero (though it's a great starting point, for the parody value)

BTW, those horns... XD
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jan 4, 2013 4:17 PM

Mar 2011
I'll just pretend that this is Spice and Wolf III and enjoy it all the same. Fantastic first epispde. I lurve the Demon King.
Jan 4, 2013 4:17 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Peace sells, but who's buying?

I was VERY disappointed the horns were just a headband (crown?)
Jan 4, 2013 4:19 PM
May 2012
medieval times are one of the good animes. hopes this one doesn't disappoint me. so far its good.
Ezsence
Jan 4, 2013 4:37 PM

Jul 2011
DARK FLAME MASTER!
Jan 4, 2013 4:37 PM

Sep 2012
I just finished and I must say, it's like they combines zero no tsukaima with spice and wolf and sword art online fucking awesome romance is there!

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 4, 2013 4:38 PM

Sep 2011
I don't know what the fuck just happened.

But I LIKED it.
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Jan 4, 2013 4:46 PM

Jan 2011
I really liked that first episode. A lot of good voice talent which surprised me.
Jan 4, 2013 5:06 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Rukaliini said:
I don't know what the fuck just happened.

"I came, I saw, she conquered."
-- Yuusha, Maoyuu Maou Yuusha episode 1.
Jan 4, 2013 5:07 PM

Sep 2008
Was okay I guess, demon king is pretty great though.
Jan 4, 2013 5:11 PM

Jan 2013
First episode was great, funny scenes especially that pillow hug :)
Looking forward for the next episode.

underoath777 said:
Reminded me a little of Sigur Ros.
Exactly!
Jan 4, 2013 5:12 PM

Dec 2007
If they won't mess this up with tits, this really has a lot of potential :D And yeah, I also noticed the similarity to SaW. Though like Zylixae said, it's not on the same level. SaW is superior in that regard, and MaoYuu would have a tough job overcoming this hurdle (not that I expect it to try to), but still, the politics, economy, focus on wits and exposition and I'm sure soon-to-come endless flirting does make the two shows similar.

Though Ruby Eyes is much more naive than Horo. Horo was awesome because you could always expect her to gain an upper hand, either in business or in relationship... In comparison, Ruby seems like she has a lot of practical knowledge and intellect, but she sucks at relationships.

Finally, as a sidenote, I'd like to point out that despite the fact that this series has a fantasy setting, I believe the problem it touches is VERY modern and should make you think a little about what current governments are doing and the reasons behind those actions. Because I have a weird feeling a lot of people would respond the same as Hero (jeez, give those characters actual names FGS though!) if confronted with the same questions/problems ;)

-=Real, 100% Lelouch Lamperouge Zealot=-
Jan 4, 2013 5:51 PM

Jul 2010
bastek66 said:

So much useless meat.

Useless?! how fucking dare you.. anyway i liked the first episode so i will continue watching this.
Jan 4, 2013 5:51 PM
Jun 2008
so um long war between humans & demons being going to one day the blue hero go charge in to slay demon king but surprise demon ruler is woman with big "meat".

give demon ruler/ruby eyes had waiting for hero to come give to explain all about the human vs demon war is like economics business to if go no matter who wins it will lead to everyone loses on this war.

so showing memory lantern, reasons to side with ruby eyes, & deals talkings so blue hero agree to contract to side with ruby eyes so all set now team-up find safer way peaceful way to end the battles.

all set give huh memory lantern show ruby eyes with blue hero pillow size & her horn were fake with that now the journey begins.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Jan 4, 2013 5:53 PM

Oct 2012
Don't mind some ecchi-comedy every once and awhile, this might be good! ^^

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jan 4, 2013 5:54 PM

Apr 2008
I will continue, but I expected better. I saw the pictures of the characters on the LN and they are better than the anime

I hope not a lot of ecchi because it will kill the anime
Jan 4, 2013 5:54 PM

Apr 2009
Maurox said:
SaW is superior in that regard, and MaoYuu would have a tough job overcoming this hurdle (not that I expect it to try to), but still, the politics, economy, focus on wits and exposition and I'm sure soon-to-come endless flirting does make the two shows similar.
I find it unfair to compare this with S&W as both series are focusing on different aspects/ topics. S&W is more about Microeconomics, mainly from an individual standpoint, whereas Maoyuu is more about Macroeconomics, looking at not just the end product but more on a broader scale. And later on in the story, Maoyuu focuses also on politics. Things like controlling factors of productions and what not were merely background details and doesn't directly affect the protagonist in S&W, but that isn't the case here.

Both series are in fact rather different from each other despite the apparent overlaps.
Jan 4, 2013 6:01 PM

Feb 2012
Not bad :D

+ for:
Fukuyuma Jun
Sawashiro Miyuki
Not-so-bad plot
Boobies

- for:
That f-ing ugly CG at the walking background character.

Arms is slowly improving :)
Jan 4, 2013 6:02 PM

Sep 2011
tho they didnt capture the Maou beauty from the manga her moe level is extremely high

glad they showed the Female Mage
"Baka virgin Hero" lol god i love her

Tavor said:

its also educational
Jan 4, 2013 6:03 PM

Jan 2012
I'm glad that this was a lot more enjoyable than I expected.
I was worried that this was going to be a disappointment.

The concept, character interaction, and scenarios were interesting and peaked my curiosity. I hope the series expands on all of the topics and situations it brought up in this episode. However I don't know if they can explain so much in 12 episodes unless if there is another season.

The only thing I didn't really like was the opening theme, but I liked the BGM and and ED a lot.
Jan 4, 2013 6:08 PM

Apr 2011
What nice way to start the new year is to watch this.

Good first episode. I love the encounter between the two of them.

Their contract is like a marriage vow...or a marriage contract to me.
Jan 4, 2013 6:21 PM

Oct 2012
Brigandi said:
tho they didnt capture the Maou beauty from the manga her moe level is extremely high

Tavor said:

its also educational

Wow, that's definitely different in comparison to the manga!

Also, education with ecchi + comedy? Epic.

Jan 4, 2013 6:24 PM

Mar 2012
I'm not too thrilled by the service in this episode and more that will surely follow, but man, this has all the makings of being a great series. Yuusha and Maou working together to secure world peace? Consider me present for the audience section. I gotta admit that Maou is pretty hilarious. Nice soundtrack and great animation quality too, although I'm not really sure about the CG people walking in the background in one of those scenes.

Also, loving the voice actors for the series. If any of you watched Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon (Horizon on the Middle of Nowhere), this is basically a return of Aoi Tori, Asama Tomo, and Honda Masazumi.

The only negative? Maoyuu is only going to be around for 12 episodes. I don't know how far it will get, but I sure hope it doesn't try to end in one season. Apparently the source material has gone pretty far already.
zannettJan 4, 2013 6:29 PM
Jan 4, 2013 6:31 PM

Mar 2012
It bored me too much. First episodes aren't supposed to be this boring.

3/5
Jan 4, 2013 6:35 PM
Aug 2008
I wasn't expecting such quality voice acting. The scenes teasing at the side stories and characters created a nice tension and urgency. Also, I found the characters to be hilarious. When Maou revealed her horns to be fake I couldn't help but think of:
cowboychrissyJan 4, 2013 6:48 PM
Jan 4, 2013 6:38 PM

Dec 2012
I just wrote a bit about it already - I thought that the first episode was solid. As some people mentioned, the exposition was indeed very good. The fanservice felt a bit over the top, but as for everything else, I'm pleased with this. It's a short series with only 12 episodes, so this is going to be a fast ride, but I hope that they don't sacrifice the exposition too much in favor of the flluffy fanservice. ARMS are getting better and better.

Besdies, Fukuyuma Jun!
Jan 4, 2013 6:39 PM

Nov 2009
Sawashiro Miyuki has such a soothing voice. ;-;
I like it so far

(THIS WAY FOREVER)
Jan 4, 2013 6:40 PM

Aug 2010
I liked everything but the main girls monstrous tits. Seriously, it does not look right at all.
Jan 4, 2013 6:42 PM
Jul 2012
yawn a bit slow first episode, nothing much happen. lets see if the next episode can impress me..hmm
Jan 4, 2013 6:43 PM
Oct 2010
Brigandi said:
She has multiple personalities right? She might be an interesting character (or at least she has multiple chances to be interesting XD)
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jan 4, 2013 6:56 PM

May 2010
Well that was ok for a 1st episode, what a "Demon King" and "Hero" this should be funny if nothing else, also the last few min or so had me drying
Jan 4, 2013 6:57 PM

May 2010
HauntingShock said:
Not bad :D

+ for:
Fukuyuma Jun
Sawashiro Miyuki
Not-so-bad plot
Boobies

- for:
That f-ing ugly CG at the walking background character.

Arms is slowly improving :)

Boobs are a win for most
Jan 4, 2013 7:18 PM
Mar 2012
since the demon king's seiyuu is the same as Nodoka...

"she has these blobs of fat where her breasts are suppose to be"

but overall, I enjoyed the first episode, though I dont know if I'll have the same feeling at the end of show, with so many harem flags already shown
Jan 4, 2013 7:19 PM

Jan 2011
Dis gon b gud

[center]
Jan 4, 2013 7:23 PM

Oct 2012
VioLink said:
Dis gon b gud

LOL, genius!

Oh how these gifs are produced so quickly after one day...

Jan 4, 2013 7:23 PM

Jul 2012
This is way more light hearted, funny, and cute then I expected it to be, this is going to be a fun watch.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Jan 4, 2013 7:27 PM

Dec 2011
This anime has fulfilled what cliche story I have been looking for.
Hero makes a "love" contract with the evil force (Demon "King" for this instance) instead of saving the world! Woohoo.

I love how the horns was just an accessory! Ahahaha.
Can't wait for more.
Jan 4, 2013 7:28 PM

May 2012
Yeah This is quite a nice show. This will be very fun to watch.
Jan 4, 2013 7:31 PM

Feb 2012

I lol'd :D
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

symbv - Mar 1, 2013

211 by MeguriRapture »»
Mar 6, 12:04 AM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2013

294 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 2, 6:23 PM

» End Credits Visual Illustration

AsteriskWarrior1 - Dec 30, 2023

0 by AsteriskWarrior1 »»
Dec 30, 2023 3:11 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2013

92 by DOMBAS2001 »»
Dec 30, 2023 10:46 AM

Poll: » Do you think that anime season 2nd will be available in future?

SametTakao - Nov 6, 2023

9 by Rudericky »»
Dec 3, 2023 2:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.