Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 20, 2012 9:57 AM

Feb 2012
Here are my thoughts:

What

The

Fuck

That is all.
Nov 20, 2012 10:08 AM
Nov 2012
argghghg my eyes..
Nov 20, 2012 10:08 AM
Nov 2012
So basically, this series never happened.
Instead of giving Ao a proper closure, BONES just sends him back in a new timeline to become a homeless drunk?

So basically, this series never happened for BONES. It was just a good way to make some easy cash. To that, FUCK YOU.
Nov 20, 2012 10:49 AM
Nov 2012
My biggest issue with the ending is that it negates Eureka Seven's ending. The Scub Coral couldn't live with people after all, which in turn, makes Eureka Seven kinda pointless (since the point was showing that the Scub Coral could live with people without harming them). I'm surprised this didn't negate Eureka out of existence as well. I guess she could live with the large alteration but Bones didn't explain it. I'm quite surprised they just couldn't take Ao with them given they were shown able to time-hop before. I guess it'd make the most sense they shouldn't tamper with more of the past though.

My second biggest issue is that Eureka and Renton accepted pretty fast that Ao had to die/go out of the timeline, knowing these two would otherwise fight to the death to keep their son alive. These two went to the ends of the earth for each other, lost a daughter, and then accepted their son's decision in the matter of a few seconds, without even getting to know each other?

My third biggest issue was that the alternate universe seemed to have hinted at being the main timeline (seeing that Gekkostate didn't exist for a long time in the movie's universe) but no mentions of any of the crew were given. What was the point in mentioning the crew if they had nothing at all to do with this series?

I could pretty much forgive everything else, but those are pretty gigantic plotholes that would ruin an 18 wheeler. I think Bones wouldn't have angered so many people had it been not associated with Eureka Seven at all.

I thought the characters were sympathetic for how shortly they were developed. I thought plenty of emotional scenes (Like Christopher's sacrifice or Renton's sacrifice) were done pretty well. I'm pretty annoyed that most people here complain about Fleur or Elena. They're supposed to be 13 year old girls going through adolescence in the pilot's chair. You think they're going to be the most level-headed people when it comes to actions? One of them is living with the organs of her dead mother and the other was taken from her home at a young age in a different country and time. They're going to have issues.

I think it was a decent series but Bones I think should have been careful in the planning, which they've shown in other sequels (Darker than Black) is super messy. I don't know if they just come up with the general outline and write the same week, because it seems like it. I also have to speculate if something happened in production during episode 13+ because the quality of the series changed, and many fans point to 14/15 as a changing point. Even Code Geass' season 2 rushed writing made more sense, and that was a tranwreck. I don't know why Bones has gone to a mess as of lately. I think the loss of Dai Sato really didn't help but I think time travel was the ultimate plot tool that ruined the series. It went all over the place and made the series look like it didn't know what it was doing.
Nov 20, 2012 10:50 AM

Feb 2008
I don't think the ending was all that bad

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 20, 2012 10:51 AM

Feb 2012
Just wow yea lets just leave this chat at this cuz the best part of this show was the fact that Eureka 7 was the prequel.
Nov 20, 2012 11:02 AM
Jul 2018
the_trainman said:

MASTER PIC DEFINITELY :D GREAT FIND LMAO

also how the fuck Ao knew how to use the board? even Renton had problems with reffing :D
Besides, if he erased scub coral then not eureka nor him would exist in first place. He should have disappeared.
removed-userNov 20, 2012 11:09 AM
Nov 20, 2012 11:02 AM

Apr 2008
nanamichan212 said:

My thoughts exactly! Ao is a moron, he forgot he killed all trapar with the magic gun.... Then jumped out of Nirvash and midway in the air "Oh crap". Happy music, cut to credits.
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Nov 20, 2012 11:07 AM

Apr 2009
i was pretending to watch this while playing minesweeper.
if we die we'll meet again in valhalla...
Nov 20, 2012 11:13 AM

Sep 2011
yay its finally over
now to wait for it along with Aquarion EVOL, AGE and hopefully Unicorn and EVA RB to appear in the next SRW Z
can see that E7 AO dimension/parallel worlds/time travel mind fuck would fit in

also even tho memories of Ao have been wipe out i like to think that that it still lingers within his friends
like Maggie when approached her old mech she see small glimpse of her memories before the quarts gun was shot the first time if i remember correctly
Brigs77Nov 20, 2012 2:57 PM
Nov 20, 2012 11:24 AM

Jun 2010
I really don't knot what people are complaining about.

I was crying in the last episode, from the moment I heard "Niji" in the background... That was so perfect, I never thought this gonna happen ;___;

I didn't understand everything about the ending, but I don't care. All those scenes with Eureka, Renton and Ao was better that I've imagined.

Of course, first series was hundred times better, but...

I got what I wanted.

I LOVED IT.
Nov 20, 2012 11:42 AM
Nov 2012
Nobu-chan said:
I really don't knot what people are complaining about.

I was crying in the last episode, from the moment I heard "Niji" in the background... That was so perfect, I never thought this gonna happen ;___;

I didn't understand everything about the ending, but I don't care. All those scenes with Eureka, Renton and Ao was better that I've imagined.

Of course, first series was hundred times better, but...

I got what I wanted.

I LOVED IT.

You were crying because of Eureka Seven not because of AO.
Nov 20, 2012 12:03 PM

Jun 2010
Lolitha said:
the_trainman said:

MASTER PIC DEFINITELY :D GREAT FIND LMAO

also how the fuck Ao knew how to use the board? even Renton had problems with reffing :D
Besides, if he erased scub coral then not eureka nor him would exist in first place. He should have disappeared.

I liked the characters, hated the convoluted mess of a plot, but I loved the ending. One of the few instances that time travel actually FIXES a timeline. It doesn't even make sense, but I don't care lol, that's the ending. Also I'm glad everyone else caught the whole board no trappers thing. Mind you Eureka survived a crazy free-fall the first time, and it didn't even cause any complications with her pregnancy lol. Hell if I was made of whatever Eueraka and Ao was made of, I'd do it too.
Nov 20, 2012 12:14 PM

Jun 2010
kitsuko said:
It was really terrible, really the only part i liked about this ramdomized forcefuly plot twisted end, was the part of the "fight" renton vs ao and that was solely because of this dialog:

Renton: "¡The original is enough!"
Ao: ¿What the hell? ¡¿Says who?!

When i heard that i just coulndn't stop my laugh ^^

OMG that is the best line ever, can't believe I missed that!!!
Nov 20, 2012 12:25 PM

Aug 2008
I don't really know what to say... really.
Well, it's kind of sad that Ao became an unexistant person but well, Eureka and Renton are now together. But there is nothing really clear.

I felt it missed soemthing. But it's not like I don't like Eureka seven Ao, but I won't and don't really want to consider it as a sequel. I'm not thinking too deep for the details but it's just that my mind is all messed up right now.

Nov 20, 2012 12:30 PM

Jul 2012
They made feel so bad after seeing what they done with Eureka Seven. AO is so bad.
Nov 20, 2012 12:32 PM

Apr 2010
Welp. Atleast this sequel didn't have shitty drama and irritating characters for half of its running time.

5/10
Nov 20, 2012 12:54 PM

Dec 2010
Just finished it! I actually quite liked the ending. A lot of people complained about how there wasn't any love really in the show as opposed to the original, I'm glad these last two episodes helped dispel that notion. It's still about love, its just an entirely different type of love. Its not romantic love, its parental love. They wanted their child to be happy so badly that they went back in time to a safer time period. It ended up messing up the timelines, but it worked out because their son was able to grow up.

They may separated but at least they were able to be together, for a short while. It's certainly a bittersweet ending, which I'm a sucker for anyway, but I thought it was pretty good for only having a few episodes to wrap it up in.

Renton and Eureka are still together, they can still have children in the future since the time line has been repaired. They should still be in the original series universe unless I misinterpreted it. Ao's back in his world and everything progressed quite nicely. I choose to believe that they remembered him, but if not it allows him to make amends for all of the mistakes in made in his relationship with Naru.

It was certainly an enjoyable series, not perfect. It should have been longer, they would have had more time to develop the characters a bit more, and correct the pacing. But, I think everything worked out well. Eureka and Renton's sacrifice wasn't in vain. Ao can now live a happy, relatively normal life. And that's exactly what they wanted for him.

All in All I liked it.
Nov 20, 2012 12:58 PM

Jul 2012
It is bad. Really bad.
Meaningless, rushed and simply stupid.

Many may say that it is easy to criticize. It is true. But this show really should never happen.

I want to say a lot of bad things to the storywriter but... All this is useless.

I'm upset.

P.S.
Never watch this show, if you have watched the original E7.
Nov 20, 2012 1:02 PM

Dec 2008
Deus ex machina ending?

Awesome animation with the mecha fights.
Nov 20, 2012 1:13 PM
Nov 2012
cyclone1993 said:
Just finished it! I actually quite liked the ending. A lot of people complained about how there wasn't any love really in the show as opposed to the original, I'm glad these last two episodes helped dispel that notion. It's still about love, its just an entirely different type of love. Its not romantic love, its parental love. They wanted their child to be happy so badly that they went back in time to a safer time period. It ended up messing up the timelines, but it worked out because their son was able to grow up.

They may separated but at least they were able to be together, for a short while. It's certainly a bittersweet ending, which I'm a sucker for anyway, but I thought it was pretty good for only having a few episodes to wrap it up in.

Renton and Eureka are still together, they can still have children in the future since the time line has been repaired. They should still be in the original series universe unless I misinterpreted it. Ao's back in his world and everything progressed quite nicely. I choose to believe that they remembered him, but if not it allows him to make amends for all of the mistakes in made in his relationship with Naru.

It was certainly an enjoyable series, not perfect. It should have been longer, they would have had more time to develop the characters a bit more, and correct the pacing. But, I think everything worked out well. Eureka and Renton's sacrifice wasn't in vain. Ao can now live a happy, relatively normal life. And that's exactly what they wanted for him.

All in All I liked it.

I liked the series. That wasn't the part that pissed me off though. It was the mind fuck part. Like how Eureka said before she got rid of the Quartz, "HEY AO!" Ao: "How do you know who I am?" Eureka: " Because you sent me back when I came down with the Gekko State, remember?"

After that, it was mindfuck. If she was sent back, then Renton and Eureka re-united, then the girl she had died because of Trapar, then she started to have Ao so she travelled to a different universe, thus going to a different timeline, aka, the past, (before Ao was born), and then Ao also went and followed Renton back to the past, so that same Eureka knew him because of that.

The part I didn't get was, how were there 2 Ao's? I think the world that Ao went to, Truth Archetype came back and picked him up or something. Only solution I got here.

So, that's the only mindfuck part I can fill you in on. Hope you guys get happy with my comment ;).
Nov 20, 2012 1:33 PM

Jun 2009

Says everyone AO.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Nov 20, 2012 1:41 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
So many thoughts right now. Don't know how to grade this. I think this series would have worked better if they had made this story outside the Eureka Seven universe. They tried to be too clever with the time travel thing and it backfired. And the characters are not as charming or endearing as in the original series.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 20, 2012 1:44 PM
Jan 2012
Ao technically doesn't exist in the end. Therefore, E7 Ao never happened.

Mind = Blown.
Nov 20, 2012 1:45 PM

May 2012
Meh.. not sure what to say, was hoping for more I guess. At least the music was good and I liked seeing Renton and Eureka again. I just wish they wouldn't have had all this time travel and alternate dimension crap and just stuck with the original E7 timeline. I'm not sure why Bones thought it would be a good idea to make everything such a big mindfuck. I guess they just went full retard?

All in all I didn't hate the series but it was a big disappointment compared to the original.
Nov 20, 2012 1:48 PM
Nov 2012
This series really disappointed me. If BONES would have taken their time, they might have been able to create an essentially good sequel or anime in general. The problem with BONES, especially in the case of the original Eureka 7 series, is that they don't want to end it, but are too lazy to make any significant changes. For example, anyone remember the Eureka 7 movie: Sleep Tight, Young Lovers? Don't get me wrong it was really nice but a majority of it is the original Eureka 7 series with everything frantically jumbled together. Ao is like the retarded brother of this, lazy attempt at trying to keep something awesome (Eureka 7 original) in a state that is still awesome. Results of this sequel? How about: time travel that makes everthing complicated, poor character development, half assed romantic interest, and just a steaming pile of crap that ALMOST tarnishes the greatness of the original Eureka 7. Come on BONES, do better next time or just don't try at all, making me create forum accounts just to vent on what i thought of this series.... -_-
Nov 20, 2012 2:09 PM
Jan 2011
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
I feel like their over exaggerating how bad it really is, they are acting like this was fucking guilty crown. They probably just did something like overhype something which is more along the lines of their fault not the show.

They are not exaggerating. It was really that bad. Fuck! I don't know what is heads or tails anymore. What are they they fighting? What the heck is with that swerve! What the heck happen to everyone? Fuck, the whole time I asked myself: what the fuck is going on ?!?!?!?!

TQ
Nov 20, 2012 2:19 PM
Jan 2011
no_match99 said:
basically... the show was so bad that protagonist himself cancelled the whole show(all the events) by himself from even happening in the first place. lol. ^ ^

You got that right. Poor Ao, the whole time he is just as confuse as we are? WTF is going on? Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I don't know anymore!!!!!!!!!!! Can someone please explain what I just watch!!!!!!!!!

TQ
Nov 20, 2012 2:22 PM

Dec 2010
This series should have never existed, the original was more than enough, well at least on the bright side in ways it may as well not have existed, only good thing to come out of this, if it can even be called a good thing that is, considering it wasted 24 episodes of nothing.
Nov 20, 2012 2:22 PM
Jan 2011
TheMaverickk said:
It may seem trivial just to join a forum just to vent, but seeing as how I'm not the only one that happens to have felt the same this seems like a good place.

Truth is I gave this show a chance. I really wanted to enjoy it. Yet in the end it just failed to tie it all together.

The biggest problem with Eureka Seven Ao is how convoluted it is. The first mistake was making the series have a time travel element. It just made everything unnecessarily complicated.

The first Eureka Seven although it had it's mysteries and intrigue did it without being convoluted.... and it actually served a purpose in the character development of Renton. The idea that he was kept out of the loop for being a child, and his discover of the truth and becoming a responsible adult as a result of growing and learning. So some of the trip-pier scub knowledge stuff made sense in the end.

The time travel aspect of Eureka Seven Ao just made the series come undone. Characters that were developed just disappear, making learning about them irrelevant... other characters completely change roles mid way through the series with little to know explanation for it.

We all know Maggie switched over to the other side as a result of the first time burst, but why even bother having her in the show after it, if it's treated as if it's a cameo. They should've just written her out.

Same could be said for Truth...

At the end of the day the whole Time Travel/Alternate Universe element of the show just kind of negates the entire show. A certain character even asserts that point to Ao at the end.
That's just the first problem. All though most of the other issues with the series stem from that one.

Basically the show spends so much time waffling about what it's doing that there is no pay off. Who is Ao's love interest, what are the relationships that are important to him, who are the people that are important to him.... basically nothing was ever developed significantly. There was a serious lack of direction with the series, and it was all over the place.

The show didn't even have a clear sort of concept... it wasn't about Ao growing up, or becoming an adult... it wasn't about him achieving understanding with Naru... or the scubs... or anything. It wasn't about him eventually getting to be with his family and learning about who he is and where he comes from. It just didn't have a point to it.

And I think that's what it comes down to... I think a lot of people who have watched the show this far, to the end here.... they are just like "What did I just watch? What was it even about?".

I will say this... the show had some great animation, it had some wonderful moments (mind you a lot of the highlights come simply from seeing Eureka & Renton onscreen), but the characters were all poorly developed. So if you could put that aside it's entertaining to watch.

Yet no fan of the original Eureka Seven should watch this. It doesn't have any of the same themes or feel to it.

The only thing I can hope for is an actual sequel to Eureka Seven.... and to a certain degree it seems as though they ended it in a way that suggests they could easily avoid ever having to reference the Ao series ever. Again another reason why the ending kind of negates the entire Ao story.

Either way had to get that out of my system. So sad that they couldn't even end the series in a way that gives events in the show any sort of meaning.

You said it man! You said the truth! Arghh Bones what did you do???????????

TQ
Nov 20, 2012 2:25 PM

Nov 2012
One of the many silly things that make no sense.

This did catch my mind as I watched the end... I was like.... how is he supposed to land without dieing??

Alongside the "how'd Ao survive for such a long time in a broken down cockpit".

At the end of Eureka Seven yeah Eureka and Renton fall, but at least Eureka had wings, we can at least pretend she was able to use them as they came to the ground.
Nov 20, 2012 2:26 PM
Mar 2008
6.5/10. I can`t stop comparing E7:AO with Last Exile: Fam the Silver Wing. Both had an outstanding prequels and in both cases the creators have failed while trying to expand the story. E7:AO was not as bad as Fam but still was a fail. Well, except last episode. Now, after the series ended I have just one wish - for Bones to create the third season. And do it right.
Nov 20, 2012 2:31 PM

Nov 2012
Nobu-chan said:
I didn't understand everything about the ending, but I don't care. All those scenes with Eureka, Renton and Ao was better that I've imagined..
That's kind of the problem... they were the only highlights in the show, and in many ways their presence in the series is only used to distract fans from the fact that the AO series was extremely convoluted....

I admit I got caught up in the excitement of seeing Eureka and Renton again, but that only emphasizes just how bad the the rest of the cast in this series pales by comparison.

Additionally it bothered me that they were trying to get me not to notice all the dumb things they were doing.... to get me excited for nothing. Mind you the reason I didn't take to it that well is because of how they characterized them in the series... it completely contrasts the original Eureka Seven.
Nov 20, 2012 2:35 PM
Nov 2012
TheMaverickk said:
Nobu-chan said:
I didn't understand everything about the ending, but I don't care. All those scenes with Eureka, Renton and Ao was better that I've imagined..
That's kind of the problem... they were the only highlights in the show, and in many ways their presence in the series is only used to distract fans from the fact that the AO series was extremely convoluted....

I admit I got caught up in the excitement of seeing Eureka and Renton again, but that only emphasizes just how bad the the rest of the cast in this series pales by comparison.

Additionally it bothered me that they were trying to get me not to notice all the dumb things they were doing.... to get me excited for nothing. Mind you the reason I didn't take to it that well is because of how they characterized them in the series... it completely contrasts the original Eureka Seven.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head.
Nov 20, 2012 2:43 PM

Sep 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
This series should have never existed,

but it did deal with it
Nov 20, 2012 2:49 PM
Jan 2011
Meetroid1 said:
So basically, this series never happened.
Instead of giving Ao a proper closure, BONES just sends him back in a new timeline to become a homeless drunk?

So basically, this series never happened for BONES. It was just a good way to make some easy cash. To that, FUCK YOU.

Damn you Bones, for that you had Eureka loss her child twice? You sick, sick ... God I don't care anymore. Fuck you Bones. Just fuck you!

TQ
Nov 20, 2012 2:53 PM

Sep 2011
Nov 20, 2012 2:57 PM

Nov 2012
Nobu-chan said:
Pretty much hit the nail on the head.
That's the sad thing.

I wanted to love this series, the first 3 episodes were amazing, just meeting Ao and these new characters, and all I could think about was how Ao would bond with them. Share experiences with Gazelle, or Naru, or even Ivica.

But as the show progressed past the first group of episodes they became almost formulaic.

Typical Ao Episode;

- Open with characters living their life, have empty, meaningless, vague dialogue
- reveal a key detail, things like quartz, Ao's vision, Generation Blue secrets, ect.
- More Character interaction, usually talking about personal angsty issues
- Close out the episode by defeating a Secret

The funny thing was I thought all this was going to change after episode 13 and 14 with Eureka. That the world would've changed, but hell there's still several episodes that follow this formula.

At the end of the day each episode became redundant... but BONES still managed to get me hyped up with these super hype moments. Namely episodes 13/14 and then hype for episodes 23/24.

Everything between 13/14 is extremely pointless.... with the only exciting moment being the discovery of the Quartz Gun.
Nov 20, 2012 3:09 PM

Jan 2008
Finished... at least... the insert song was enjoyable... needs to find a mp3.
Nov 20, 2012 3:13 PM

Apr 2011
Bones you fucked up....
Nov 20, 2012 3:14 PM

Jul 2012
I guess figured out why this show ended like this - storywriter watched "Steins; Gate" too much.
Nov 20, 2012 3:18 PM
Jul 2012
Just finished watching. WOW I FEEL LIKE SOMEONE RIPPED OUT PART OF MY HEART. How you going to make Ao go through all the bullshit just to end up alone again. And make Eureka and Renton LOSE THEIR CHILD TWICE!!!!!! It also felt like they were just like "fuck you" to all the gen bleu characters and forgot about them and the whole thing with truth becoming an architype was random af. And Ao did all the shit to help Naru who in the end he won't even see!!!

Now there were some things i did like. First off everything about Renton was badass and i liked that he was still and emotional guy. The action was pretty good and I thought the whole thing about their daughter dying was sad but a decent way of explaining it. I also liked that Eureka and Renton finally reunited and i wanted to see a lot more flashbacks about their life after E7 (Movie or ova please) And i was wondering who was the one to tell Eureka she was selfish to love Renton...i was like wtf. I knew i wasn't going to get an explanation on what happened to the old e7 characters and i had low expectations coming into the episode so I give it a 7/10. Very generous.
Nov 20, 2012 3:25 PM
Aug 2009
Can someone explain what happened to Naru? I didn't see her
Nov 20, 2012 3:37 PM

Nov 2012
I feel so bad for Ao and rest that I would make a sequel for this just to make it straight.

And I would start it like this:

Ao is falling down, realising that he can't use the trapar bord because there is no trapar thingy in this world. He starts panicking and his life starts flashing before his eyes. He screems in despair, but calms down as he realises that either way he has nothing to live for. He is all alone in the world that he is an alien. He thinks of his mom and how much he mised her all his life and never had a chance to have a normal life in a normal world. He cries out his last words in wich he says how much he wanted to embrace his mother one more time, and closes his eyes as he is about to fall into the water...

But he doesn't. He opens his eyes and realises that he is floating just a couple of meters above the sea. On his back were wings which looked the same as his Eureka's on the turning point in time. He smiles through tears and says "You saved me, even if you are not here Eureka", and loses his consciousness.

He awakes and sees Naru who is tending him in her house. He jumps up and calls her by her name and then they start a conversation from which he concludes that he newer was born on this island and that there was no scub coral crisis in this world, but some things are still odd (like stories of sighthings of a huge asteroid and beam of light which took the asteroid whit it). Naru is confused, and thinks that Ao's head is messed up from beeing nearly drown and drifted to shore where she founded him. She goes out to tell others from her house that he has awaken. Ao shakes his head trying to clear his mind and gets out couple of seconds after her and tells her and the people who were there that his memories are a bit messed up, and that he has to go somewhere on the island that he think he remembers.

Naru agrees to let him go only if he allows her to go with him and after a short angumet he says yes. They take a walk around the island and he realises that there are small diferences from his originall hometown, but it is basicly the same place with same people. They finally end up at the place where the scub coral plant would be in paralel universe. In this universe it was just as it was befor the coral scub crisis. He smiles as he realises that this is really the world in which the scubs and the secrets are just pieces of his memories. He seems happy as he just stands there, smiling and looking blank at something what is not there. He looks up in the sky and silently says "I'm going to miss you all", thinking about the people he shared his life with in the paralel world. Naru which was next to him thinks that he said something to her and says "Hum? You said something?", to which he answers smiling with "Nothing... Let's go back to your place.". She nods in agreement and they turn around heading back to where they came from.

Sudendly after they made a couple of steps, a recognisable voice spoke from the place they were standing just a couple of seconds ago saying "Somehow, I knew that I will find you here Ao...". Ao seems to petrified in the position he got himself in when he heard the voice. His face is shown pale, mouth slightly open, and eyes bulging in horror. The camera tilts to side revealing menacing silhouette of a young man. "What are the odds..." the voice says and starts to laugh in a grotesqe and sad way, and for the episode epilogue it is revealed that the mysterious voice is Truth in his evil humanoid form.

And that would be it for the first episode. I would colour the theme of the episode with bright and relaxing soundtrack and culminate it with an epic choir on the ending when the Truth shows up.

For the next episode I would show the stories of the other world, in which Ao jumped in in the polar light, which is showed to be unchanged, which bothers the crew of the Paid Piper and the rest. Fleur and Elena are desperate, trying to accept the fact that Eo is gone. Time is passing and everything is starting to return to 'usual' in that world. There are no more scub coral incidents, no more secrets showings and the rest of the scub corals are beeing destroyed by the Generation Blue. On the end of the episode the pole light is shown turnig red and emitting blinding crimson light, which than explodes and creates enormus red pillar.

I would further expand the original plot from Eureka 7 Ao and twist it so that it gets much darker and epic. Truth would become Deception after learnig the full truth about the Scub and the Secrets searching worlds for the Arbiter (entity which is the actual creator of secrets and the gardian of existence and the Knowing) he met after shoting him self with the quartz gun. Ao would return to his friends (possible lovers) and the story about his parrents would be disturbed never again. Ao would now be clasified as Eror, as he should't exsist and with those infected by Scub which started to mutate would be constantly pursued by Cleaners, badass successors of Secrets, which are making even bigger mess than their predecessors.

And I know...
I'm boring. My grammar is horrible. My imagination sucks...
Screw you :D
Art should be left alone by those unenlightened, raw and uncensored as it is, because enough refinement was already done by it's creator, in it's creation.
Nov 20, 2012 3:38 PM
Jul 2012
Well the first problem was giving the series only 24 episodes. I guess i'll just wait on those rebuild of ao movies
Nov 20, 2012 4:02 PM

Dec 2010
AidanAK47 said:

Says everyone AO.

This pretty much sums up this entire series.
Nov 20, 2012 4:14 PM

Nov 2012
SpiritxGun36 said:
And i was wondering who was the one to tell Eureka she was selfish to love Renton...i was like wtf. I knew i wasn't going to get an explanation on what happened to the old e7 characters and i had low expectations coming into the episode so I give it a 7/10. Very generous.
This is discussed in the original E7 anime.

There are various instances where Eureka struggles from guilt, because of the actions she's committed in the past, and a sense of responsibility she has from those actions.

For example Ray who blamed Eureka for being barren, and was upset that her adopted children called her mother.... so basically when she's talking about people saying it was selfish of her to want children, that's what she is referring to.

Also there is another point where she talks about the guilt of being happy.... she basically self hates because she knows she's ruined and ended other peoples lives, and believes because of this for, her to enjoy being with Renton, and having that happiness with him, she in turn feels selfish cause she believes she doesn't deserve it.... the fact that she could be so happy despite having made so many others unhappy.

So it isn't directly explained in E7 Ao (which is unfortunate because for those who aren't as familiar with the series, that statement could be lost)... not even a small flash back to those characters... which owuld've been again another nice connector.
Nov 20, 2012 4:16 PM

Oct 2008
Finally saw the final two episodes.

And, I gotta say... that was bold. Surprisingly, they wrapped up far more plot-points than I was expecting, but still, think there was lost potential here; it also felt way too abrupt as an ending. I enjoyed it greatly, nonetheless, even though the series as a whole is a mixed bag. I'd give the series a 7.4, but it'll have to settle for a 7.0 on my list. A month ago, I would have been very tempted to write a review for this series, but at this point, much of my interest in it has passed - given that these last two episodes seem to be flame-bait (unsurprisingly), I think I'll refrain from extensive discussion on this one. I still think the series is fairly underrated, but can understand the hard criticisms it's getting. And despite that, it still could have been a lot better, in my book; it definitely took a direction I would not have preferred, but I can live with it.
DangerrNov 20, 2012 4:57 PM
Nov 20, 2012 4:23 PM

Jan 2011
i wasn't expecting this... so was there a point to any of this?.
Nov 20, 2012 4:32 PM

Oct 2008
ioi70 said:
A lot better than I was expecting, so glad Renton and Eureka survived it and were reunited. Also the fight between Renton and Ao was great as well as Truth becoming the Nirvash's archetype actually made him likable, pity they didn't put it in earlier. Oh and the use of the Eureka Seven climax song was fantastic.

Bad points, climax was rushed way too much, it basically just came off as one huge info dump when it really needed a lengthier exposition. Also the canon cannon got used way too much. Honestly though looking back it was probably the only way to end it. Still it felt like a bit of a cheap shot considering everything that happened in the series. Also felt they fucked up with Naru again.

But overall for what it was, it was good.

You've basically summarized my sentiments on the episode(s) exactly.

katsu044 said:
i wasn't expecting this... so was there a point to any of this?.

That there was a story to be told; never mind the paradoxes and time-fuckery involved.
DangerrNov 20, 2012 4:56 PM
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 24, 2012

156 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 23 Discussion

Kefkiroth - Nov 19, 2012

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:38 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

bastek66 - Sep 27, 2012

217 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:14 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2012

108 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 3:47 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2012

96 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 12:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.