Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 18, 2012 4:17 PM

Apr 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
well this was certainly abrupt >_> I'm guessing it got canceled. cute last chapter though
Nov 18, 2012 4:25 PM
Aug 2012
smfh, this was clearly axed. Waahhh I liked the series :/
"届どいた....手紙?" - スワ(オレンジ)
Nov 18, 2012 4:31 PM

Apr 2009
I know I was shocked when I saw that 24 was the last one. I was hoping this would make it to the 8-12 volume range :(
Nov 18, 2012 5:15 PM

Jul 2008
Well..that was a good series. Didn't know what to think when I saw he long haired Koharu XD
"Lol, did she like..kill him and is looking for a replacement?" But then I was pleasantly surprised by the happy ending!
Makes me wonder what her parents are like..
I sill would of like to have of seen this continue and become more twisted lol
Nov 18, 2012 5:35 PM

Sep 2010
Everything I read ends. :(
Nov 18, 2012 6:02 PM

Feb 2012
Omfg I didn't expect it to end already.

Well fuck. There better be a 2 season anime adaption of this.
Nov 18, 2012 6:19 PM

Jun 2008
It was pretty interesting though... I'm sure it was axed.. D:

I love chapter 23 & 24. Nice ending though.

Visit our website at http://www.animeotakucorner.com
Nov 19, 2012 4:23 AM

May 2009
Damn, I did thread for last chapter 2 days ago, but was deleted.

It was sweet ending. Really nice.

Manga was cancelled because magazine switched to monthly releases (was bi-monthly) and mangaka couldn't keep up.
Nov 19, 2012 10:14 PM

Feb 2010
The Yandere cycle never ends. Never!
Nov 20, 2012 7:24 AM

Dec 2007
Aw. In the end we didn't get any major bloodsheds.
Nov 20, 2012 8:13 AM
Apr 2009
TiamatNM said:
I'm guessing it got canceled

etchel said:
I'm sure it was axed.. D:.

muntasir123 said:
smfh, this was clearly axed.

All wrong. Magazine now is scheduled to be monthly (it was bimonthly) so author wasn't sure he can make releases in time so he ended it
Nov 21, 2012 2:17 AM

Sep 2009
whoa i can't believe it the author ended it so quickly (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Nov 23, 2012 3:11 AM

Aug 2012
Nice end...
Hinata-chan really looks like Koharu =D
Nov 23, 2012 7:57 AM

Mar 2009
short.... but,

at least its a happy ending...
Nov 26, 2012 2:16 PM

Apr 2009
The more I think about it the more it bothers me that they never tried to address Koharu's mental problems. I was always kind of looking forward to seeing if someone could get her to understand that she was being a freak. The main guy just kinda let her walk over him. I was also always wondering if there was gonna be some kinda backstory reason for why she was like that or maybe get to know more about her mysterious parents. The whole "being a gigantic stalker" thing being genetic feels like such a cop out.
Dec 4, 2012 6:21 PM

Nov 2012
That ending was so awful, the whole series was just bland. Never even got a reason to why Koharu even fell inlove with Akira

I was really hoping for Akira to end up with Mika.
Heck we don't even know anything about Koharu besides the fact she was obsessed with Akira, we never even got a reason as to why Akira even kept on dating her.

OH well, I'm just going to be delusional about this and say that Akira realized he wasn't happy with her and that they break up and Akira falls inlove with Mika.
Dec 5, 2012 2:16 AM
Mar 2012
I thought it was a sweet ending at didn't feel abrupt at all....given the episodic nature of the series, it's no surprise that something new always turn up in every chapter, and the fact that this chapter marks the series' ending is no exception...

and i thought the author made the right choice by not revealing the origin of Koharu's nature. I mean, let's face it, Koharu is beyond REASON. If u're trying to make a REASON as to why she did what she did, then u're denying the appeal of the character...
Dec 26, 2012 12:31 PM

Aug 2011
i always love stories that show the after parts of the relationship. so they stayed together and she still continued to love him. they even have a kid together which is just like the mom, which i thought was hilarious. good story had its creepy parts (all of it) but i'm glad i read it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 31, 2012 6:46 PM

Apr 2011
-Kazu said:

Makes me wonder what her parents are like..

At this point I'm going to assume that Koharu's mother is just like herself and there is a never-ending cycle of yandere taking place here.

All in all, it was a pretty solid read. I don't get to read too many yandere romance mangas and this was a nice change of pace. The timeskip at the end defintely helped the overall quality.

8/10
Jan 15, 2013 12:38 AM

Apr 2009
"Like mother like daughter"

I thought it was a cop out dream ending at first. Then I thought it was odd that her name was Hinata Torii, and she had longer hair than Koharu did. That and "Mika-chan/Sasagase-sensei" was older than her.

Since here parents never had much time for her, now I'm starting to wonder if Koharu's mother was like that too...

Well, the ending actually managed to be cute. Bonus points because no one died and Koharu did not go full violent yandere.
Feb 16, 2013 9:15 AM

Apr 2010
Hated this shitty manga. I don't even get how he could date such a creepy ass girl too.
Apr 25, 2013 1:06 PM

Sep 2011
This last volume was so boring...
May 12, 2013 8:50 PM

Nov 2009
I dunno, I kind of liked this manga, it wasn't great but it was somewhat cute (and loved the creepy twist), liked the ending too ... overall I would say it was okay.
Jun 9, 2013 4:32 PM

Mar 2013
aw man, it ended >.<

Still pretty good even if it did get axed
Jul 3, 2013 11:20 AM

Nov 2011
Love last forever~
Cute chapter I guess. It does seem to be a bit predictable and rushed. Well, I somewhat enjoyed reading this. Phew, and blazed through these 24 chapters today. Not too shabby in the end after all. 6/10.
Sep 1, 2013 9:53 AM

Sep 2008
I liked this. It's nice to read a yandere manga that doesn't end in bloodshed and/or has a bad ending. Kinda sad it got cut short but at least it still managed to be conclusive unlike many other manga.
Dec 3, 2013 2:23 AM

Apr 2012
reve said:
All wrong. Magazine now is scheduled to be monthly (it was bimonthly) so author wasn't sure he can make releases in time so he ended it

Damn that's disappointing. It'd be nice if he released an alternate ending/re-worked the ending.
Feb 12, 2014 1:48 AM

Aug 2012
Huwat? A happy yandere ending?! There's something wrong here lol.

Anyway, what a creepy series. I enjoyed it though....
And gosh, why must the daughter also be like that?
6/10
Sep 8, 2014 9:03 AM

Jul 2013
It's on their family genes.

7/10
Mar 8, 2015 8:06 AM

Nov 2014
That was pretty awesome ending, but a bit sudden. Lack of bloodshed was possessively surprising ^^
I'm really happy with that last part about their daughter, as it provides all the closure I needed. Without it I wouldn't believe that "they lived long and happy".

I think the only real downside of this manga for me was that it felt short. Not only because it was actually short, but because many things felt like they could be explained much deeper or even evolve into new story parts.
Jul 6, 2015 4:33 AM

Oct 2014
the ending was so cute, especially when she greets him at the train station awe!! o((^-^))o
Aug 12, 2015 12:05 AM
Feb 2010
TiamatNM said:
The more I think about it the more it bothers me that they never tried to address Koharu's mental problems. I was always kind of looking forward to seeing if someone could get her to understand that she was being a freak. The main guy just kinda let her walk over him. I was also always wondering if there was gonna be some kinda backstory reason for why she was like that or maybe get to know more about her mysterious parents. The whole "being a gigantic stalker" thing being genetic feels like such a cop out.

I agree with this. I wanted to see her get better. And I wanted to understand why she likes him that much But in the end, Akira learning to accept her is fine too.
Mar 2, 2016 2:44 PM

Feb 2013
I thought it was interesting how the yandere aspect was handled, but it just doesn't feel like a well-rounded story. For one, if Natsuki is such a nuisance when it comes to potential-love, how didn't she notice from all those past years that Mika had a thing for Akira? In a way Natsuki did push Akira and Koharu's relationship, and it may have been that Akira would've decided on his own not to go through with Koharu had he not been led on so much. But I think what Natsuki should've done if she really cared about Akira's love-life is to bring in Mika earlier when Koharu started to appear and have things play out naturally, or butt in and actually listen to Akira's perspective and not push love for the sake of love. I think Mika would've offered a much more satisfying relationship than Koharu can, but she did improve over the story - while only to a small degree (I mean at the end she still had a room coated in Akira's photos). And her improvements only came from her continually obeying commands by Akira, not critically thinking for herself. The entire story Koharu doesn't concern much towards herself.

And agree to the "genetic cop-out" of not going into Koharu's back-story.
BlokeTokesMar 2, 2016 2:51 PM
Jun 7, 2016 8:25 AM

Mar 2016
I feel completely bad for Mika. This is one of those manga you wouldn't bookmark, but will read again and think god dammit. Shouldn't have introudced Mika, gave me the tinge of hate for female protag.
Sep 19, 2016 9:59 AM
Jul 2015
Koharu's daughter is already in high school and mika-chan not maried yet (she still use her father's name/sasagusa),, I'm feel bad for her
Mar 10, 2018 6:39 PM

Dec 2017
oh boy what a read. i gladly accept these ending wholeheartedly, it’s rare to see a yandere romance with not messy ending like this, no one really died.

and i love how the male background character (one of Akira childhood friend) literally always in the background after all, just simple talking, just there to make this manga not harem. did anyone mention his name?, i think not.

too bad this manga ended so suddenly, especially the change between c.23 to c.24, you know if it continue after christmas, there’s still valentine’s day and that would so sick to see what will happen. but well, it ended, that’s that.

is this a deconstrucion of yandere personality?, because i can see her yandere, but it seems like she’s not really yandere, just lonely and possesive girl. her family isnt always there for her, she’s (probably) single child. but i can see some of her action is completely delusional and downright crazy, very yandere-like. but seeing her getting allong with other people is very not yandere-like either, not to say it’s bad, it’s actually good that Mitsuki gradually change.

pretty good stuff, wish it was longer, some of the scene are cute, like literally cute, not just creepy weird cute, but pure innocent cute, and that’s what i like from a romance, would read again.
Apr 15, 2018 11:09 PM

Sep 2017
Nice yandere ending. I guess the yandere runs in the family after all.

Atleast Koharu had the foresight to move in with Akira. Also, that ear sensation from last chapter was quite erotic, If I should say so myself.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Nov 8, 2018 3:11 PM

May 2010
Well I went all the way, so I can't say it was that bad lol
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Sep 18, 2023 7:53 PM

Dec 2009
Notes from 2013:

Feb 16, 11:40 PM
Jan 2023
Thought it would be dark, turns out it was wholesome

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koharu no Hibi Chapter 19 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Jan 17, 2012

12 by JeremiahOrange »»
Apr 15, 2018 10:34 PM

Poll: » Koharu no Hibi Chapter 17 Discussion

-Quasar - Sep 15, 2011

17 by JeremiahOrange »»
Apr 15, 2018 10:21 PM

Poll: » Koharu no Hibi Chapter 16 Discussion

Explicitz - Sep 1, 2011

18 by JeremiahOrange »»
Apr 15, 2018 10:14 PM

Poll: » Koharu no Hibi Chapter 11 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Aug 27, 2011

9 by JeremiahOrange »»
Apr 15, 2018 9:23 PM

Poll: » Koharu no Hibi Chapter 1 Discussion

-Kazu - Mar 6, 2010

16 by JeremiahOrange »»
Apr 15, 2018 8:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.