Forum Settings
Forums

End of Manga 'Katekyo Hitman Reborn!' Confirmed

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 7, 2012 10:30 AM
Dec 2011
I wish they did a 5 or 10 years into the future arc with him as mafia boss (cus we all know it was inevitable). Anti climactic ending but oh well...
Nov 7, 2012 10:45 AM
Jul 2018
I'm pretty sure Amano ended up the manga because the series would have been canceled . The popularity dropped after the future arc and, to be honest, I wasn't feeling good about the manga for a while. The ending was rushed and the manga had potencial but the authot didn't know how to deal with it.
Nov 7, 2012 10:47 AM

Sep 2011
Fuck yeah!
I'm so happy right now, I can't even imagine how happy I'll be when Naruto or Bleach manga end.Such great news.
So yaoi for dummies this shit is finally over.I can't believe I put myself through reading it every week before I finally dropped it a couple of months ago.It was pretty okayish in the beginning but later it become a complete shit fest full of bishies and terrible art.

My younger self was really retarded liking shit like this and reading it all up to the latest chapters(which made me have that 'might as well keep going' train of thought when I realized it was shit and made me only drop it later) but I knew I was going to have to finish it eventually (because I hate leaving stuff unfinished especially when I've read 300+ chapters of it) so I guess it's time to pick this up again and have my final dose of Tsuna faggotry.It will be the best feeling when I finally click 'completed' and rate it a 3/10.

I'll admit that I'll miss Reborn and Hibari though.Especially Reborn since he's the most badass baby ever conceived, too bad he was stuck in a manga full of shitty bishies.
skapandiNov 7, 2012 11:16 AM
Nov 7, 2012 11:35 AM

Jul 2010
j0x said:
Finally!!! a complete remake of the anime is needed XD

you mean like a KHR 2012?? i wanted them to animate the rest of the series but i guess this is cool too. gets rid of the crappy fillers we had to endure in the anime

Nov 7, 2012 11:55 AM

Sep 2009
I... don't know whether I'm frustrated or just baffled? xD I'm reasonably far behind on the manga, and I personally think the mangaka's quite incompetent in several key areas, but I'm sure there's hope for some epic grownup!mafia battle times. Hmm. Guess not. xD Oh well, at least it'll have a (hopefully) proper ending :3
Nov 7, 2012 12:05 PM

May 2010
Hum, havn't been reading this for quite some time. So just 40~ chaps and I'm done. Can't say I've seen this one coming, but meh..
Just hoping they'll make a new anime for the remaining part of the story.

~ Love knows no boundaries ~ -- Thanks to -Luzifer- for the signature.
Nov 7, 2012 12:06 PM

May 2009
It was going downhill ever since the end of future arc, but I still enjoyed it. I'll definitely miss it but it's good to see a series end before it just kills itself (Yeah, I'm looking at you, Naruto and Bleach). Let's hope we get to see another work by Amano-sensei sometime soon. Now that I think about it, he should just do the manga version of Psycho Pass ~w~
Nov 7, 2012 12:15 PM

Jul 2009
It's a shame because it had a lot of potential at one point but it was inevitable after the muddled end to the last arc.
Nov 7, 2012 12:23 PM

Sep 2011
PaulNamida said:
It was going downhill ever since the end of future arc, but I still enjoyed it. I'll definitely miss it but it's good to see a series end before it just kills itself (Yeah, I'm looking at you, Naruto and Bleach). Let's hope we get to see another work by Amano-sensei sometime soon. Now that I think about it, he should just do the manga version of Psycho Pass ~w~

Amano is a she, but good idea.
Nov 7, 2012 12:40 PM

Jul 2008
born after one piece by 7 years
die befor one piece by 50 year
Nov 7, 2012 12:47 PM

Sep 2011
Now they should plan to animate the arcs that it wasn't implemented in the anime. D:

Nov 7, 2012 12:51 PM

Apr 2011
I'm so sad its over. Such a great anime and even a better in a manga from. Hope they start up the anime again so we see how it ends animated.
Nov 7, 2012 1:03 PM
Aug 2010
I'm glad it has ended. It was already dragged on a bit too much and doing anymore would completely ruin the manga. But now this means I need a new series to replace it.
Nov 7, 2012 1:21 PM

Jan 2012
Bleach is ending.
Naruto is ending.
KHR has ended.

I feel weird now. These are one of the top mangas in WSJ, (which I read every week) but they are all ending. I wouldn't be surprised if they annouce that One Piece is ending in 2 years. You never know.
Nov 7, 2012 1:29 PM

Apr 2009
kaykenner54 said:
I wouldn't be surprised if they annouce that One Piece is ending in 2 years. You never know.

More like 12 years. The story just entered the secnd half.
But then again, this days people only want fighting and quick plot progression and don't care that much about world-building (see the butthurt comments on OP chapters when there isn't "enough fighting").

Anyway, WSJ should use this chance to not end promising titles like Cross Manage. The tendency to drop series that stick out of the generic mold has got to stop.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Nov 7, 2012 1:37 PM

Feb 2008
Worst news ... ever T_______T
Still only 10 chapters to read and then finished. No!!!!! I don't want to ><
I'm depressed now...
The only thing that can get me out of depression is a new KHR! anime announcement.
Nov 7, 2012 1:41 PM

Nov 2008
i just finished reading it and i must say that it was an interesting manga right til the end. I wonder if the are gonna continue the anime later ?
Nov 7, 2012 1:46 PM

Apr 2009
RogueMarie said:
I'm glad it has ended. It was already dragged on a bit too much and doing anymore would completely ruin the manga. But now this means I need a new series to replace it.

I feel the same way.
Nov 7, 2012 1:57 PM
Nov 2010
cant wait for the last chapter...
Hi
Nov 7, 2012 1:59 PM
Nov 2012
I hope they continue the anime now that the whole series ended.
Nov 7, 2012 2:14 PM

Aug 2011
will be missed

now waiting for the anime to come back
Nov 7, 2012 2:59 PM

Oct 2010
Someone pick up that phone, CAUSE I F**KING CALLED IT!!!!!!!!!!! lulz
I knew it would end after that last arc! Thank God it's finally over!
Nov 7, 2012 3:29 PM

Jul 2010
well, i did not expect this at all.

Nov 7, 2012 3:39 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Finally.

It's about time to end because it felt dragged too much.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 7, 2012 3:42 PM
Sep 2009
RogueMarie said:

THIS SAY EVERYTHING!
Nov 7, 2012 3:42 PM

Aug 2010
Time for me to catch up.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Nov 7, 2012 4:26 PM

Apr 2010
dtshyk said:
According to Weekly Shonen Jump no.50, manga "Katekyo Hitman Reborn!" ended with chapter 409. The final 42th volume of the comic book will be released in March 2013.

Source: Scan of WSJ

What, first the KHR anime, now the manga??
Nov 7, 2012 4:27 PM

Jun 2010
Bout time.
Nov 7, 2012 4:40 PM
Jun 2009
At first I didn´t like anime, but after Mukuro arc I got intrested. After anime ended I started to read manga. KHR is pretty cool and I would like to see Tsuna as new Vongola boss...... But you know... I think Battle Angel Alita is one of the greatest manga, and Battle Angel Alita: Last Order messes up the old one much. Probably it is good then, that KHR is finished.
Nov 7, 2012 5:11 PM

Jun 2010
Sad news for its fan. I know I will miss it but I had it paused so I don't know where it is ending.
Nov 7, 2012 6:41 PM

Aug 2009
TOOO SOOON!!!! T_______________T
Nov 7, 2012 7:36 PM
Jun 2011
it's sad because the art had become really beautiful and there was a lot of cool characters. But it really was dragging out too long. And that ending was disappointing.
We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars

Nov 7, 2012 7:59 PM

Jan 2009
Roloko said:
Ahmad-Taleb3 said:
I hope they announce a new season for the Anime soon.

I hope Artland animates the rest of it too and I really want more character songs to fawn over please.

dang i hope Artland does not pick this up they did not give enough exiciting battle scenes on their portrayal of KHR

supermegasonic said:
j0x said:

you mean like a KHR 2012?? i wanted them to animate the rest of the series but i guess this is cool too. gets rid of the crappy fillers we had to endure in the anime

ye like Hunter x Hunter 2011 or Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood kind of remake
Nov 7, 2012 9:05 PM

Jan 2012
:X I'll miss this manga alot but oh well it ended properly and i guess that there'll be something new and fresh coming up. Hopefully with this they would go and animate everything else.
Nov 7, 2012 9:22 PM

Mar 2012
Its been a nice read, you will be forever missed KHR~

It had been going downhill since the last 3 chapters.
I know Amano could had done better if more effort was put into it... the Rainbow Representative Arc had such an epic start to it...

Even though the ending was quite disappointing.. I would love it to be if we see them older, as the Vongola.

If it was dragged more longer, they should had done something that actually HAS to do with the Vongola. I think we still lack some information about them.. there really hasnt been anything much "Mafia-like" throughout the whole storyline.. except the Varia Arc.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Nov 7, 2012 9:23 PM

Oct 2011
farewell Reborn :,)
Nov 7, 2012 9:42 PM

Jul 2011
LOL. I think it's the first long manga series that I've witnessed an end to.

As long as it's satisfying!
Nov 7, 2012 10:00 PM

Feb 2009
goodbye Rebron, in the end you where better than Bleach and Naruto.

Long live Xanxus.
Nov 7, 2012 10:00 PM
Oct 2009
so does this mean Viz will finally release volume 17 in America?

*snicker*

Seriously though, this does remind me that I need to get back into the series now that I know I can just...actually finish it. It was right up there with Hunter X Hunter as my favorite action shonen series that isn't called One Piece.

Smile, Sweet, Sister, Sadistic, Surprise, Service, Slider
Nov 7, 2012 10:06 PM
Sep 2009
I'm glad it didn't stretch on for too long. Kind of sad I didn't get to see Tsuna become a BA Vongola X though =/

I personally loved the Simon family Arc. Wish they would animate it.
Nov 7, 2012 11:26 PM

Jul 2010
Yay I can start reading it now!!barely in episode 1 in anime
Nov 7, 2012 11:28 PM

Aug 2010
What?!! Well truth be told, though I am kind of sad, at the same time not that sad either. Just hoping for a satisfying ending.

Well I hope this shall be the green light for another season of the anime!
Nov 8, 2012 1:27 AM

Jul 2010
Life seems so pointless at the moment.
*cries*
i wont forget katekyo hitman reborn. ever. pls continue the anime at least :(
Nov 8, 2012 6:42 AM

Jun 2008
j0x said:
supermegasonic said:
j0x said:

ye like Hunter x Hunter 2011 or Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood kind of remake

Instead of an anime remake, I'd prefer everything after the Future Arc remade. OTL
Nov 8, 2012 8:21 AM
Jul 2018
My friend told me that Amano-sensei's going to continue the manga, but in another title. How true is this?

I mean, the manga's long, yeah, but the ending's a bit --i don't know --unexpected? I mean, the whole plot of this thing is for Tsuna to become a boss, right? And tsuna's still not a boss, heck he even said at the last chapter that nothing has changed in him!

So is it right to hope there'll be a part 2 or something?
Nov 8, 2012 9:17 AM
Nov 2012
rakiztah said:
My friend told me that Amano-sensei's going to continue the manga, but in another title. How true is this?

I mean, the manga's long, yeah, but the ending's a bit --i don't know --unexpected? I mean, the whole plot of this thing is for Tsuna to become a boss, right? And tsuna's still not a boss, heck he even said at the last chapter that nothing has changed in him!

So is it right to hope there'll be a part 2 or something?

Yes, the new manga will actually be about the daily life of a girl who just moved to Japan, as she deals with the misadventures set up by her tutor, the mysterious Nrober. Then at chapter 50 we find out she's actually Vongola XI.

And then you wake up.
Nov 8, 2012 11:37 AM

Jun 2011
Awww... I'm gonna miss Tsuna-san and everyone D': I always hoped there'll be an arc about Varia's past or more Kokuyou Land and Shimon... Guess nothing can last forever, aww~ Well, maybe Tsuna's going to confess Kyoko at the end? It would be nice. :D

0th said:

Yes, the new manga will actually be about the daily life of a girl who just moved to Japan, as she deals with the misadventures set up by her tutor, the mysterious Nrober. Then at chapter 50 we find out she's actually Vongola XI.

And then you wake up.

Pfff, Nrober, I lol'd so hard x'D
Nov 8, 2012 12:46 PM
Sep 2010
While it was needing to end I am going to miss this one! It was my favorite
Nov 8, 2012 5:08 PM

Mar 2010
It was a nice long run will gladly check Amano sensei next work ,good work and thanks for providing some great entertainment :)
Nov 9, 2012 6:23 AM

Dec 2008
I'll miss you, you stupid, crazy series. <3 I was a little angry 17-year-old when I found KHR! and some part of me was quite firmly changed and through this series I gained few new pairings that I still love and found amazing friends.

Too bad my favourite ship never became canon. Sniffle. Not that they would have because lol guy/guy never works out outside of BL-manga.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 'One Piece' Anime Gets Remake by WIT Studio ( 1 2 )

Hyperion_PS - Dec 17, 2023

81 by ExtremeT »»
1 hour ago

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
7 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 12 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
7 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
10 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.