Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 3, 2012 10:13 PM

Jul 2012
hmmm
hmmmmm
HMMMMMMMM
i'm so curious about this elephant thing!
Nov 3, 2012 10:43 PM

Sep 2012
Morridine said:
Robotics was a bit unusual because everybody was expecting the mindfuck I was talking about above, instead we got some slice of life peaceful student playing with a doll like robot. There was no sci-fi stuff, no hardcore conspiracy anywhere, and nobody could even sense it coming. It was a kinda huge surprise too see everything unfolding in episode 4.
This. In Steins;Gate shocking thing started right from ep.1 while in R;N one can argue that up to this ep everything is intro and build-up. If you ask me I would say that up till now R;N is one of the slowest paced shows this season (at least among the 20-odd I am watching now) and not just because the MC talks slowly. People expecting S;G right away would have been disappointed, and I often find I seem to have spent more than 30min watching one episode, yet I bear in mind that R;N follows the spirits of S;G - mindblowing revelation and shocking development may just lurk round the corner. As the saying goes, watch at least 5 episodes before you judge a 2 cour anime. Guess this will apply to R;N too.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 4, 2012 12:08 AM

May 2012
Somehow the robot fighting set up reminds me of the movie Real Steel though the robots are small ones...Anyway, Frau is so hilarious and cute in a very weird way.
rebelakumaNov 4, 2012 12:17 AM
Nov 4, 2012 3:58 AM

Mar 2011
Morridine said:
Omniknight said:
Thriive_ said:
Soo Kai sees 1 second in 5 minutes and Aki sees 5 minutes in 1 second. :O
And dat cliffhanger at the end..

I liked that explanation of what happened in their past. It clears up a few of the questions I had about Akiko and Kai.

zilentworld said:
finally, the start of what a ";" series is all about

If you don't mind, what did you mean by your statement? Is there a common link among the ";" series?

Well if you know anything about programming, you kinda have the feeling you know what a ; stands for. There is no common link between the series, different world, different characters etc.

The world is the same, there are at least one character from Steins;Gate in robotics;Notes, and there was one of Chaos;Head characters mentioned in Steins;Gate. They have thousands of small relations - it's the same series which takes place in the same universe and the same world.
It's irritating how everyone's talking about Science adventure but remembering only Steins;Gate.
There is no such common thing as Mad-Scientist-Genius main character - it's Steins;Gate's unique feature.
Although, I partly agree with your second paragraph. Robotics;Notes from the very first trailers seemed to be slice-of-life-ish.
But there is nothing strange about it. Paranoid conspiracies was traditional part of SA but never was an end in itself.

Nov 4, 2012 6:46 AM

Jun 2012
Finjas said:
Morridine said:
Omniknight said:
Thriive_ said:

I liked that explanation of what happened in their past. It clears up a few of the questions I had about Akiko and Kai.

zilentworld said:

If you don't mind, what did you mean by your statement? Is there a common link among the ";" series?

Well if you know anything about programming, you kinda have the feeling you know what a ; stands for. There is no common link between the series, different world, different characters etc.

The world is the same, there are at least one character from Steins;Gate in robotics;Notes, and there was one of Chaos;Head characters mentioned in Steins;Gate. They have thousands of small relations - it's the same series which takes place in the same universe and the same world.
It's irritating how everyone's talking about Science adventure but remembering only Steins;Gate.
There is no such common thing as Mad-Scientist-Genius main character - it's Steins;Gate's unique feature.
Although, I partly agree with your second paragraph. Robotics;Notes from the very first trailers seemed to be slice-of-life-ish.
But there is nothing strange about it. Paranoid conspiracies was traditional part of SA but never was an end in itself.

Chaos;Head anime had very little impact(perhaps because it was only half-season and the first Sci-fi Adventure to be aired) towards the fans(including me). That was until Steins;Gate was aired and struck the most popularity among its fans.

The first reason that got me into S;G was that the character designer is the same person who did B★RS. The second reason, the game's opening music. The third, the plot. Because of S;G, Sci-fi Adventure instantly became my number one right next to the Fate/ franchise. So its no surprise when one talks about Science Adventure they would mention the one that made the most impression to them namely S;G. Of course I can't deny that Chaos;Head was the build up of a more internal conspiracy yet to be revealed.
Nov 4, 2012 7:11 AM

Mar 2011
Zheneration said:
Finjas said:
Morridine said:
Omniknight said:
Thriive_ said:

zilentworld said:

Chaos;Head anime had very little impact(perhaps because it was only half-season and the first Sci-fi Adventure to be aired) towards the fans(including me). That was until Steins;Gate was aired and struck the most popularity among its fans.

The first reason that got me into S;G was that the character designer is the same person who did B★RS. The second reason, the game's opening music. The third, the plot. Because of S;G, Sci-fi Adventure instantly became my number one right next to the Fate/ franchise. So its no surprise when one talks about Science Adventure they would mention the one that made the most impression to them namely S;G. Of course I can't deny that Chaos;Head was the build up of a more internal conspiracy yet to be revealed.

I have nothing against talking about Steins;Gate - it's really better than Chaos;Head visual novel (I'm not even talking about horrible anime). Fact.
But one must not talk about the whole series implying only one entry of it.
FinjasNov 4, 2012 7:18 AM

Nov 4, 2012 7:38 AM

Jun 2009
Zheneration said:

Or maybe because Chaos;Head anime was horrendous and incredibly thorough in destruction of everything that made original VN so good!

About R;N... If it wasn't part of the Science Adventure series, I'd dropped it already. And it's really not because of the slow pacing! S;G also was quite slow in the beginning, but nonetheless I really enjoyed every moment of it. Even when nothing happened, the characters and their interaction, the atmosphere, the music, the visuals all of that made even quiet, uneventful moments pleasure to watch.
Here - I can describe this series at this point with just one word

LIFELESS

Not because it's slow and nothing much happened, but because it's just so dull and boring. The characters not only uninteresting, but also uninterested. When I see them I just expect them to just say: "Screw this, I'm outta here" and just leave the anime altogether... They look like they don't want to be in this anime at all! That's why I don't like this series. There are anime that can portray simple uneventful scenes and make them interesting to watch. This can't, tries and fails miserably!...

I sincerely hope that something will happen soon to break this dull nothingness.

Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse
Nov 4, 2012 8:05 AM

Mar 2011
AlexTrusk said:
Zheneration said:

Or maybe because Chaos;Head anime was horrendous and incredibly thorough in destruction of everything that made original VN so good!

About R;N... If it wasn't part of the Science Adventure series, I'd dropped it already. And it's really not because of the slow pacing! S;G also was quite slow in the beginning, but nonetheless I really enjoyed every moment of it. Even when nothing happened, the characters and their interaction, the atmosphere, the music, the visuals all of that made even quiet, uneventful moments pleasure to watch.
Here - I can describe this series at this point with just one word

LIFELESS

Not because it's slow and nothing much happened, but because it's just so dull and boring. The characters not only uninteresting, but also uninterested. When I see them I just expect them to just say: "Screw this, I'm outta here" and just leave the anime altogether... They look like they don't want to be in this anime at all! That's why I don't like this series. There are anime that can portray simple uneventful scenes and make them interesting to watch. This can't, tries and fails miserably!...

I sincerely hope that something will happen soon to break this dull nothingness.

Well, that's because the characters are like this. Kaito - MC - he is just made to be boring and lifeless.
There are at least two reasons for that.
1)Contrast. The contrast of Dull Character and enthusiastic one (Akiho. You just can't call her lifeless.) is good old trope that still works. (Something like that was in Hyouka, for example)
2)Science Adventure always has a great Main Character development in it's story. And again, contrast. Kaito is so lifeless now just to be "lifeful" later.

And as for me, I guess you're somewhat right. If it wasn't science adventure I wouldn't enjoy the series so much, I think. But i'd never dropped it. Only because it's sci-fi anime about science nerds!
Like hell I'd dropped it. Never.
I do like characters at this point, I suppose.
But, honestly speaking, this is the first time in Sci-Adv when I liked Female lead more than Male MC.
He'll get better, I'm sure.

My thoughts exactly about Chaos;Head. It's very sad that there are not so many people who knows how things really are with this part of Sci-Adv.
FinjasNov 4, 2012 8:08 AM

Nov 4, 2012 8:59 AM

Feb 2012
lol kai finally eating his own words.
Nov 4, 2012 10:03 AM

Jun 2011
0_0 Well, um... Frau is the definition of a creepy otaku...
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Nov 4, 2012 10:10 AM

Sep 2012
The way Frau speaks is very characteristic. She likes to chop a word into almost meaningless short form. I wonder how the English sub deals with her style of speech?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 4, 2012 10:13 AM
Jul 2012
symbv said:
The way Frau speaks is very characteristic. She likes to chop a word into almost meaningless short form. I wonder how the English sub deals with her style of speech?

you haven't watched the subbed version?
Nov 4, 2012 10:15 AM

Sep 2012
JavierR said:
symbv said:
I do not watch English sub.

Nov 4, 2012 10:18 AM
Jul 2012
symbv said:
JavierR said:
symbv said:

Well, they put in memes, like she says, facedesk, and others. like they did with kirisu in steins gate. I personally don't like it, but I don't know what else they can put.

for example
Nov 4, 2012 10:20 AM
Oct 2012
symbv said:
JavierR said:
symbv said:

Actually fairly well, heavy use of abbreviations, short sentences, and some stuttering like effects at the beginning of her sentences to show that she really isn't use/likes to speak.

I watch both because I am curious to how it is adapted from Japanese to English, what is missed and so on :-)
Nov 4, 2012 10:42 AM

Sep 2012
JavierR said:
Well, they put in memes, like she says, facedesk, and others. like they did with kirisu in steins gate. I personally don't like it, but I don't know what else they can put.

for example
Thanks. This kind of makes sense because what Frau uses are slangs from 2ch or words constructed in 2ch style, so using English from net memes sounds reasonable (but then as you said, it may not be the best but it is hard to think of an alternative).

Takuan_Soho said:
I watch both because I am curious to how it is adapted from Japanese to English, what is missed and so on :-)
Cool. If I were not watching 23+ shows this season I would be tempted to check how the English sub did with the translation (as I think Japanese like the one used by Frau can be challenging to translate). Thanks for the reply.

Nov 4, 2012 1:03 PM

Jul 2010
Frau speaks in internet language hehe. We found out what caused Kai and Akiho's difference in time perception. I wonder who that was in the end.

Nov 4, 2012 1:37 PM

Jun 2011
Good episode. I want to know more about that silver haired girl and about the incident in 2010. Probably we'll have another scientific conspiracy like in Steins;Gate.

Oh, and I love Frau! I think she'll be one of the best characters in this series.
"Nobody knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite"- Rintarou Okabe
Nov 4, 2012 2:08 PM

Jan 2012
Oh, look. A three year old's voice.

GAH! THEY ANNOY ME!
Nov 4, 2012 3:36 PM

Oct 2012
Frau is very interesting. Liking her so far. There still a lot of mystery behind Kaito and Akiho past. Looking forward too seeing why Frau moved to the island. Is it because she is interested in Akiho because of his GB performance or does she have another agenda.

When Frau asked for a password, all I could think of is " Boobs that don't shake aren't boobs at all."
Nov 4, 2012 3:39 PM

Apr 2012
Frau is freaking hilarious, she is pretty much talking in internet meme's XD
Nov 4, 2012 4:09 PM

Feb 2012
Yes, Frau is here and she is awesome plus that cliffhanger.
Nov 4, 2012 7:56 PM

Feb 2012
Another great ep. Loving Frau already!

Can't wait to see this 'Airi'. Definitely an intriguing character.
Nov 4, 2012 8:03 PM

Apr 2007
That ending. 3spooky5me.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Nov 4, 2012 8:13 PM

Aug 2011
"Make a thread for it."

"Time to fap."

Da fuck am I watching?

Akiho is SO fucking annoying. Ironically, the character I hated the most at the beginning--the lazy-ass nerd--is my favorite. He has the appropriate response to pretty much everything.
Nov 5, 2012 11:07 AM

Aug 2010
The sicknesses match the characters' personality, but I still can't like Kai....Frau was entertaining enough though. 4/5.
Nov 5, 2012 8:10 PM
Jun 2010
I don't know, I don't mind the characters. I just like their friendship.

I just hope that this show wont dissapoint, I'm liking it so far though.
Nov 7, 2012 5:33 AM

Sep 2012
Hey, i'm going to like Frau :o
Nov 8, 2012 3:14 AM

Nov 2012
I really enjoyed this episode, and this series sofar in general.
Let's see ... The new character than becomes a robotics member (as can be seen in the intro) is, by far, now my favorite character in the series. She is strange, frank, and ignorant to the impression she gives of herself to others. Often, I like characters that either represent an extreme emotion or characteristic or resemble myself in multiple ways. For this character, she resembles me in these three characteristics, and possible others I haven't thought/seen yet.

As for the time perceiving abilitie, I'm really wodnering how they'ren going to play with that, because it can REALLY been played with. It's the sort of thing that an entire series can be based of off, yet it's only a characteristic in this one.
I'm pretty sure Kaito could use his abilitie to game, if he had or hasn't already. If I were Akiho, I would use those 5 minutes to meditate intensively.

(I'm brand new to these forums, btw)
AethixosNov 8, 2012 3:38 AM
Perfection is like infinity, just a concept and not an acutal possiblitie.
Nov 8, 2012 5:45 AM

May 2011
Frau is easily my favourite character already. Hng. <3
Nov 8, 2012 12:12 PM

Jun 2012
Aethixos said:
I really enjoyed this episode, and this series sofar in general.
Let's see ... The new character than becomes a robotics member (as can be seen in the intro) is, by far, now my favorite character in the series. She is strange, frank, and ignorant to the impression she gives of herself to others. Often, I like characters that either represent an extreme emotion or characteristic or resemble myself in multiple ways. For this character, she resembles me in these three characteristics, and possible others I haven't thought/seen yet.

As for the time perceiving abilitie, I'm really wodnering how they'ren going to play with that, because it can REALLY been played with. It's the sort of thing that an entire series can be based of off, yet it's only a characteristic in this one.
I'm pretty sure Kaito could use his abilitie to game, if he had or hasn't already. If I were Akiho, I would use those 5 minutes to meditate intensively.

(I'm brand new to these forums, btw)

Its not an ability, its a type of disorder. As shown in EP 2 and 3 you can figure out that those spasms they had put their body and mind into great stress(fainting and collapsing). If they keep experiencing those spasms there is a possibility they will end up in a hospital bed...or worse. They also at random moments, so I don't think its something they can invoke by themselves.
Nov 8, 2012 1:11 PM

Feb 2011
Aethixos said:

It's spelled "ability".

Anyway, I really liked this episode but, I'm thinking I might wait until it's done airing and have a big marathon.
Nov 9, 2012 2:26 AM

Nov 2012
Zheneration said:

Its not an ability, its a type of disorder. As shown in EP 2 and 3 you can figure out that those spasms they had put their body and mind into great stress(fainting and collapsing). If they keep experiencing those spasms there is a possibility they will end up in a hospital bed...or worse. They also at random moments, so I don't think its something they can invoke by themselves.

I still look at it as an abilitY, it seems more beneficial than it is a downside, whether or not it's a disorder in addition is besides my point. It can be an ability and disorder.
MadoHatta said:

It's spelled "ability".

Anyway, I really liked this episode but, I'm thinking I might wait until it's done airing and have a big marathon.

My appologies, I've gotten used to the french spelling of the "y" sound. You may see me spell the word "group" like so : "groupe" in addition. It's not like you didn't understand me, though but no worries.

I've done this marathon idea ona few occasions, while for me, it doesn't work unless I have tons of time to spare (to make hot chocolate and snacks, for example), it's certainly enjoyable. If you really want to enjoy it, though, invite some friends and you can watch it alltogether.

That being said, the 5th episode is out, now ! I'm going to go watch it, I hope everyone enjoys it !
Perfection is like infinity, just a concept and not an acutal possiblitie.
Nov 9, 2012 8:24 PM

Feb 2011
Aethixos said:

That might have seemed rude so I apologize but I was raised in a way where my family was kind of strict with grammar so misspellings make me a little irritated. Even though I do it a lot too considering my first language is Spanish...... Also this series seems like the kind, to me, that one would watch all at once. That's why I wish I could just play the game instead.
Nov 11, 2012 5:11 AM

Apr 2011
Nice episode. Glad they introduced a character that is really enigmatic and interesting.
Nov 11, 2012 10:54 AM

Oct 2010
Menma!!!! lol
Nov 11, 2012 2:29 PM

Dec 2009
So KugiRie's character finally appears. The last scene was nice, added a lot of tensity to the show.

Otherwise this show seems like it's standing freaking still, which makes me so bored. But I still hope for the best. After seeing the OP for the game, I have so high hopes for this show.

I hope we get some more info on the fainting incident on the boat, that seems like an interesting story.

Frau whatever her name is seems like a nice chara. Her Seiyuu fit perfectly. And I am almost in love xD

But pace. Please pick up!

3/5

Sent with Mal Updater
Nov 11, 2012 9:58 PM

Apr 2009
So that explains a bit of what Kaito experienced. That confirms both him and Akiho have this "Elephant-Mouse Syndrome". Akiho sees fast-forward, while Kaito sees "bullet time".

I wonder what this mass fainting event was that caused them to develop those conditions. I know the plots aren't connected, but C;H's events were set in 2009, while S;G's events were set in 2010. Kinda curious if there's even a tiny connection or reference.

Props to Kaori Nazuka for sounding totally different as Frau/Kona. That's a really weird voice she did for her. Not that I'm fond of it, though.

I'm quite interested in Rie Kugimiya's mysterious character for now.
Nov 29, 2012 5:55 AM

Jul 2010
"Time to fap." ?????

If I'm correct, I heard "pantsu keshitonda (My panties vanished)."
I don't get it anyway.
Dec 18, 2012 3:58 PM

Aug 2011
Ohh, it's starting to get interesting now! More information on their backstories, more details of their symptoms. I have a strange liking to Frau, I definitely get a S;G feeling from her, oddly enough.

Finally, more on that silver-haired woman. I've been wondering who she was since the first ED appeared.
Jan 28, 2013 4:02 PM

Jun 2008
Not sure why people complain about the pace...seems fine to me.

Anyways, Frau is very entertaining.
Mar 7, 2013 3:53 AM

Dec 2010
That was just one great episode, undisputed 5/5 for me. So much happened and so much was revealed in just one episode, just like I said before, the pace is great, probably the best one I've ever seen(without exaggerating, I favor it the most for myself) - everything flows so smoothly, and the episodes take forever to end(in a good way). And something important - the plot thickens.

There were some hilarious moments. Frau for an example(also I didn't expect the game creator to be a girl xD ).

Just now I get the that Kai suffers from the opposite syndrome of Akiho's in contrast to some people who did so like 1-2 episodes ago. Lol, I'm a slow taker xD

Subaru's an interesting character.
Mar 15, 2013 2:07 PM
Sep 2010
lol when she said time to fap.
May 18, 2013 4:08 AM

May 2012
Nice episode, that ending was rather interesting, was that the girl from the ED? Why is it so creepy, and what's really behind their condition? Really interesting stuff going on here, Frau sure is an interesting character talking all internet wise :p

Lets see what happens next!
Sep 22, 2013 5:35 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Stake not bad, not explosive, there is still the protagonist limp and sluggish or unresponsive, you decide, together with the other characters who do not still shine with their own light. The only interesting note, the introduction of new characters. Frau is nice, thanks to its spoken joined to stammer, something not often seen in the female characters. Good design, fine features, not perfect on some occasions, but nothing to blame. Animations promoted and colors that I like!
Nov 16, 2013 2:49 AM

Jan 2012
kona + homo = xD
Apr 7, 2014 3:55 PM

Aug 2013
Frau.

made the episode. The fact she just popped out of one of the boxes.... awesome.
Jul 31, 2014 2:10 AM

Apr 2014
So, Kai has an issue with time also, but his version is it slows down?

Also, that girl appeared at the end for a moment, same one from ep 1 or 2, I forget.
Jul 28, 2015 6:12 AM
Dec 2011
so that's what happen to them in that ship 9 years ago.... everyone fainted ?? this sickness is so interesting and what was that in the end ? oohooooo ......... cant wait to find out :3 also we know the reason subaru hides his face :3
Jun 27, 2016 11:06 PM

Aug 2012
This episode was actually pretty good at expanding upon some of the things that were present in earlier episodes but not really explained. More stuff about the Senomiya sisters and Kaito when they were younger is revealed right off the bat, followed by more information on Akiho's dad's identity. There was also the reveal that Mizuka has been using leg braces given by Akiho's sister for quite a while. Then, at the end, Kaito finally explains the boat incident. Best episode so far, but nothing too spectacular.

Kona's a little strange though.
ThreePercentJun 28, 2016 1:10 PM
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2012

266 by Rinkitori31 »»
Apr 14, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Mar 21, 2013

339 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Jan 22, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

216 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 10:05 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

303 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 8:56 PM

» I keep thinking back about this anime

BreakApart - Jul 4, 2021

12 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 26, 2023 8:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.