Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jun 5, 2014 2:55 AM

Jan 2014
Episode went by fast. Loved the peaceful designs and music. That reflection on the water was beautiful. Still creative I see.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2014 3:51 PM

Nov 2012
A creature with a memory capacity beyond modern advanced technology that can hypnotize any living being within its range? Where can I purchase one of these guys?
Jun 24, 2014 11:28 AM

Feb 2014
Finally we're getting somewhere. I don't mind laidback SoL scenes/episodes, but for that you need interesting characters. So far, the characters have mostly been just devices to further the plot and give expositions. The world and its mythology is what's most interesting in the show. Also, the backstory of the apocalypse and its effects on the fauna reminds me a bit of
VhailorJun 24, 2014 11:32 AM
Jun 29, 2014 10:43 AM

Jan 2014
The boat scene was indeed nice, and it seems that we will learn more next episode.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jul 20, 2014 10:50 AM

Jan 2014
It did not fail to astonish me this time either. Loved it.
An empty library. Smells fishy...Smells like e-books! XD
Aug 1, 2014 8:50 AM

Feb 2011
Vhailor said:
Also, the backstory of the apocalypse and its effects on the fauna reminds me a bit of
xD

so around 500 years in the future civilization was back to feudalism
and the current story is 1000 in the future

if that mamething is actually a biological storage device, wonder who did spread the rumor that if you see it you die, someone is trying to hide any possible information about the past
saki's parents did look already suspicios, and the teacher too, are the kids the only ones left in the dark?

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Sep 12, 2014 8:22 PM

Nov 2012
Better than last episode, nice boat scene, hope the characters get some development.
Oct 26, 2014 12:53 AM

Jun 2014
But what the fuck is a minishiro though?
Nov 21, 2014 11:11 PM
Jun 2013
interesting...
Nov 23, 2014 12:56 PM

Jun 2014
Other than the fact that the Minishiro was extremely kuwaii, it surprised me when it started to talk in a robotic voice.

Nov 23, 2014 11:19 PM
May 2011
I wonder why they dont mention the other girl from the first episode
Nov 23, 2014 11:19 PM

Jul 2012
phokingbeast said:
I wonder why they dont mention the other girl from the first episode

You will find out.
Dec 26, 2014 1:59 PM

Oct 2014
The series just got really interesting, we might get many questions answered in the following episode. I just hope the quality and originality doesn't drop.
" Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future. "
Cloud Atlas
Dec 30, 2014 9:46 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Oh looks like we finally get somewhere. A literal library! And damn, we had some amazing scenes in here with the space water and the nature itself being beautiful.
Dec 30, 2014 9:50 AM

Dec 2013
Smudy said:
Oh looks like we finally get somewhere. A literal library! And damn, we had some amazing scenes in here with the space water and the nature itself being beautiful.

You just wait.
Jan 18, 2015 7:05 AM

Sep 2011
I love the beginning of the first episodes where it tels the history of hte Holy Cherry Blossom Empire. The ninjas overthrew the empires this time by forming in the same line, wow. There is so much in this story...
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Feb 9, 2015 3:35 PM

Nov 2014
God damn this episode was boring (until the last 10 minutes)... Thankful for that glowing dog library thing. Hopefully it reveals something interesting to push this slow bastard forward in the next episode.
Feb 26, 2015 5:07 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I didn't find this episode boring at all. It moves slowly yes, but it does so in order to flesh out the world and the relationships between the group (and the small scale romance that was hinted at beforehand).

The plot thickens with the living computer they've encountered. I wonder what info it'll give them
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 19, 2015 3:53 PM

Oct 2013
I was expecting an exploding balloon dog and instead got a holographic e-library in... feudal Japan? not sure what the setting for the show is.

Episode zoomed right by in any case. Still waiting for a plot.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jun 12, 2015 10:13 AM

Dec 2014
I'm really liking it so far and the music is really good.
Jun 14, 2015 10:49 PM
Dec 2011
this is brilliant cant wait to see what they find out about :3 i love shun and satouru and saki is awesome as well :3
Jul 11, 2015 2:05 PM
May 2011
Does this show get better or are the first 3 episodes a decent representation of the whole thing?

I mean its not horrible for me or anything, but its nothing special that i want to download 21 more episodes to see (if its like this)
Jul 11, 2015 5:18 PM
May 2011
MaskTai87 said:
Tylerr said:
Does this show get better or are the first 3 episodes a decent representation of the whole thing?

I mean its not horrible for me or anything, but its nothing special that i want to download 21 more episodes to see (if its like this)

It does get better but keep in mind that it relies heavily on mystery and atmosphere. If these aren't your cup of tea then you'll probably have trouble liking it. And taking a look through your anime list, I can tell you won't enjoy this.

I'd say drop it but I still think it's definitely one of the best shows in the last few years.

Well i don't hate those types of shows (i loved death note), just most of the time they're really dialog heavy and 90% of the stuff that is said isn't even important.
TylerrJul 11, 2015 5:56 PM
Jul 12, 2015 4:30 AM

Feb 2013
Tylerr said:
MaskTai87 said:

It does get better but keep in mind that it relies heavily on mystery and atmosphere. If these aren't your cup of tea then you'll probably have trouble liking it. And taking a look through your anime list, I can tell you won't enjoy this.

I'd say drop it but I still think it's definitely one of the best shows in the last few years.

Well i don't hate those types of shows (i loved death note), just most of the time they're really dialog heavy and 90% of the stuff that is said isn't even important.

what 90% i thought nearly everything was important XD, but maybe its because you didnt watch everything ^^
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Jul 12, 2015 10:30 AM

Jul 2009
Those prologues are kinda freaky O_O So a group of assassins go to kill the Emperor and succeed, but they die in the process :S
Camping episode, which was decently interesting, especially developing the Saki and Shun relationship. Pretty scenery and some "ghost stories" (or their version at least) - except, well, when they find their evil minoshiro, it's actually a public library?! O_O What the heck lol. Preview seems like we'll be seeing some of the history that's buried in there ... should be interesting :O
Sep 5, 2015 9:19 AM

Jan 2013
Going on a field trip of some sorts and finding some sort of creature-like computer.
Still not completely what to expect from this show.
Sep 30, 2015 4:17 PM

Sep 2015
This is kinda interesting. I don't understand the whole time frame. Do these people not age or something? I'm so lost in this. I'm curious as to what happened to... that one girl (what's her name?) I'm assuming that the plot explains itself later on? But anyways, the animation is nice, and the characters are enjoyable. The evil minoshiro thing is interesting, I suppose. Wonder what'll happen next...
I turn myself invisible.
Oct 1, 2015 4:19 PM

Feb 2013
Invisible_again said:
This is kinda interesting. I don't understand the whole time frame. Do these people not age or something? I'm so lost in this. I'm curious as to what happened to... that one girl (what's her name?) I'm assuming that the plot explains itself later on? But anyways, the animation is nice, and the characters are enjoyable. The evil minoshiro thing is interesting, I suppose. Wonder what'll happen next...

it had a small time skip, but at thie moment 2 years or smth
and the girl from ep 1, there came the sentance at the end " And a few days later reiko vanished" :P

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Oct 1, 2015 6:55 PM

Sep 2015
Smooki said:
Invisible_again said:

and the girl from ep 1, there came the sentance at the end " And a few days later reiko vanished" :P

Ohhhh, I see. XD
I turn myself invisible.
Oct 2, 2015 3:18 AM

Feb 2013
Invisible_again said:
Smooki said:

Ohhhh, I see. XD

But to be honest this anime has many small details you should keep in mind ^^ rly many small things :P

Oct 2, 2015 7:30 AM

Sep 2015
Smooki said:
Invisible_again said:

Ohhhh, I see. XD

But to be honest this anime has many small details you should keep in mind ^^ rly many small things :P

Oh really? I gotta stick my face in my computer and absorb every detail then. Jk lol XD
I turn myself invisible.
Oct 21, 2015 6:34 AM

Aug 2012
The show has suddenly become an evil version of pokemon
Dec 1, 2015 6:59 PM

Sep 2014
A new Library...? Ep 3.

Plot: A nice and relaxing day of camping changes once a False Monoshiro is found. Saki and co manage to capture it but the truth is far more stranger. Not a false being/demon but a computer/autonomous being that carries lost knowledge. With a hypnosis ability like the Sacred Fire and connections to the Library? Things just got bad...

And the past documentary concludes with a kamikaze against the Emperor.

Character: Saki won points by being bolder than I thought. Saki bout to rip something up if you don't pay what you owe. Gangster Saki. She sure is lucky about those glasses though.

Satoru surprises me by being the urban legend/info person here. THough considering his troublemaker attitude, its quite in character.

Animation/sound: I legit got scared wondering what the Monshiro/Comp would do. THe music and close ups got to me.

The little ost during camping was nice and fun, setting the atmosphere. It also was a big help for those Psychic clean-ups. Seeing people using TK like that puts a smile on my face.

4/5. The fun times are over. It's about to go down.

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Dec 28, 2015 5:03 AM

Dec 2015
I like Shun as a person, he asks the right questions.
But he's too smooth, dude needs to stay away from Saki IMO.
Feb 18, 2016 10:38 PM

Jan 2008
So the last episode told us that they shouldn't use their powers outside of school, and now they are okay with using it on everything from moving boats to catching animals? Wut.
Feb 23, 2016 6:29 PM

Aug 2014
Nature sounds are so damn good.
This creature is very unique, full of mysteries, I'm sure what it said was true.
Great Episode.
Mar 27, 2016 1:30 PM

Mar 2010
This is getting really, really interesting. It's amazing how little info they've revealed so far and how gripping the show is.
Apr 1, 2016 4:43 AM
May 2012
I think it's pretty cute.
May 19, 2016 10:49 AM
Oct 2014
The scenery in this episode was beautiful! The way that each character's personality interlocks with the others is beautiful as well. I like the slower pace because it feels like it will really pick up and give us some great suspense throughout the series.
Aug 19, 2016 5:41 AM

Mar 2015
Whos that pokemon?

Petabytes?? Holy!! That Kawaii creature reminds me of Index!!

3.3/5
Aug 19, 2016 5:42 AM

Jul 2009
Next episode is where the story takes a better turn, trust me.
Sep 6, 2016 3:42 AM

Jun 2009
how is that thing a library? wut.
Sep 13, 2016 5:48 AM

Mar 2015
The story is really slow....

Oct 9, 2016 10:35 PM

Sep 2013
I wonder if any files were damaged when she ripped those spiny things out

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Nov 1, 2016 6:05 AM

Jul 2008
So the glowing corgi horse thing is a library?

Just WTF has become of the world...
Nov 2, 2016 11:17 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Kayro said:
This show just keeps impressing more and more by each episode.
So that creature is like a computer uh? o_O

So true, and the tainted cats appearing and killing those that go against the rules of this little society, that is probably set 1600 years after the fall of the nowadays human world!
The setting is just soo interesting, and I love the creepy moments, I get chills all over my body.
Feb 15, 2017 9:55 PM

Feb 2016
Ah shit, this show is boring.. I hope the plot picks up quickly because I'm not digging the slice of life so far.

Now if only we could've filled up the libraries of Timbuktu, Alexandria and Baghdad with these light ponies.
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Jun 27, 2017 6:45 PM

Nov 2016
So that thing is basically a living library,a pretty big one to be exact.

The episode ended with a cliffhanger.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 5, 2017 3:07 PM

Aug 2013
The only thing I can say about this episode is: "What? Why these characters so shocked by simple phrases? If truth so hurt them then they should to use old good-working methods such self-deception, denial and anger, but no, they believe just like that and shocked in the same time, just ludicrous. Another laughable moment: "When the people with superpowers became 0.3% of the whole human population then were start political and ethnic conflicts" - said strange creature which is some kind of library (author, are you serious?). How is this even possible, there are no any sense, global conflict started because some dude can open doors in alternative way without key and other "super-humans" have similar low dangerous abilities (yes-yes, I know, some of them obviously can do dangerous powerful things, but only SOME, not all of them). Then ethnic conflicts... How is this connected to situation since "super-humans" are still humans and born obviously in each nation. Very weak explanations of global crisis which in ridiculous way led to MONARCHY with traditional clothes and Emperor.
Oct 13, 2017 11:45 PM

Mar 2013
The more I watch the less I understand.

The creature was interesting to watch though, didn't take it for a goddamn computer.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» Ugly KV

ScuzzyBear - Jun 8, 2023

9 by charlieman999 »»
Mar 28, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

1325 by Xeehad »»
Mar 2, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

169 by Xeehad »»
Mar 1, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2012

516 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 10:04 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2012

363 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.