Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 6, 2012 8:58 PM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another torturing wait until next week's episode :v
Oct 6, 2012 9:46 PM
Feb 2012
Nice episode, but a bit underwhelming. Nobunaga crying for Uvo wasn't as powerful as i thought it would be. Guess it was a low budget episode (and knowing what comes after, i can understand that).
I'm happy that they get rid of this part in one episode. Very good pacing.

Guys the next 2 episodes are going to be pure awesomeness. Especially, Episode 52 (if you know what i mean :)
Oct 6, 2012 9:47 PM
Aug 2012
Zepile and his eyebrows saved the two boys.

Next ep...
Oct 6, 2012 10:03 PM

Feb 2011
Meh, not happy with this episode at all.
The fascinating, sinister tension that laid so heavily on me while reading this part in the manga wasn't conveyed at ALL. :/

Considering how much I've expected from it, this was the worst episode of the series in a long time.

The next 2-5 episodes will probably explode of awesomeness, though. They should.
Oct 6, 2012 10:16 PM

May 2011
Cant wait for next week episode :D
Oct 6, 2012 10:16 PM

Jun 2012
Good episode with pretty good pacing.

This episode made me realize again why I love Gon so much. His conversation with Killua " I can do stupid things but not you!". The ending though where Gon says how he does the stupid things and Killua saves him was heartwarming. Killua's conflict regarding if he could protect Gon in dire situations was interesting, that'll be a point of development that gets elaborated on in the future.

I liked the music in this episode, especially when Gon and Killua use the tactics they learned from Zepile. Last time they played that was when Hisoka had an orgasm.

Next week looks like the S will hit the F with Chrollo bouncing into action
Oct 6, 2012 10:21 PM

Dec 2011
Ooh they escaped...
Though I am pretty sure that

But I forgot what happened.

Cannot wait for Silva and Chrollo.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2012 10:26 PM

Dec 2010
Didn't think they would escape that easily, almost seemed to easy so i doubt they will be free for long. That said next episode looks awesome, can't wait XD
Oct 6, 2012 10:30 PM

Sep 2012
"I thought you were heartless monsters who didn't know what it felt like losing someone, yet you mourn the death of a comrade, so why didn't you spare a little of your grief for all the people you killed?"

Only in HxH crying for a comrade makes you more evil

This is what I like about it, no cheesy "villain is actually 100% good guy but doesn't show it" crap

Great episode

Now....

what the fuck?
That's the new opening?
They didn't even edit out Hisoka vs Gon....
We need a new OP ASAP
Oct 6, 2012 10:56 PM

Aug 2012
This was the most hilarious episode in the original >.< ,, either way , i still love it though
Oct 6, 2012 11:01 PM

Nov 2009
Trafl-guy said:

Now....

what the fuck?
That's the new opening?
They didn't even edit out Hisoka vs Gon....
We need a new OP ASAP

Indeed, at least change the damn song so I don't have to listen to it for 50 eps straight...
Oct 6, 2012 11:04 PM

Apr 2012
I was just waiting for them to use side-stepping! I loved that part! Plus the childish banter between Gon and Killua was hilarious!

I really can't wait til next week!!
Oct 6, 2012 11:06 PM

Jan 2009
lol nice tactics from Gon and Killua
Oct 6, 2012 11:11 PM
Oct 2008
Good ep
Oct 6, 2012 11:14 PM

Sep 2012
I'd rather keep the current OP and have them spend more time on episode animation/not put this on hiatus.

Gon/Killua = super cute this ep. Concerned Phinks = adorable pointing out that they didn't have to worry about the old team leader anymore. Also, Paku's voice sounds different from Nana's voice :D
Oct 6, 2012 11:14 PM

May 2012
This episode was mad intense! It's nice to know that even though Gon and Killua can't outfight Phantom Troupe members, they can at least outsmart them at times! Gon really impressed me in this episode. He toughed it out when he was facing Nobunaga in arm wrestling and his idea to escape through the walls was ingenious. I also liked how they emphasized Illumi's influence over Killua in this anime. He must've really gotten to him in the past somehow. Next week's episode looks like it will be awesome too! We get to finally see Chrollo Lucilfer in action!
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Oct 6, 2012 11:37 PM

Sep 2012
Amazing episode! Gon and Killua outsmarted Nobunaga so that led them to flee :D
Oct 6, 2012 11:41 PM
Jun 2012
Dang it, I hate how the last few episodes have been inconsistent in quality (at least to me). Episode 47 comes out and its AWESOME. Episode 48 comes out, and it's a major let-down. Episode 49 comes out, and it's AMAZING. Now along comes episode 50, and again, it's a bit of a let-down for me.

The first half of the episode was pretty disappointing. I was sooo impressed by the tension from the previous episode that I was hoping the same sort of atmosphere would be achieved in this episode. However, everything was almost bland to me. The camera angles, the expressions (some of them), the music, the animation...gah, so disappointing.

On the bright side, the voice acting maintained its excellent quality. And I gotta say, the second half was alot more enjoyable, especially the interactions between Gon and Killua. I think their interactions were done extremely well here (ah heck, Madhouse has done an amazing job with their relationship since it started).

Haha, I love it when Gon practically acknowledges that he's crazy and reckless while Killua is the calm and logical one XD To be honest, this made me love Gon's character even more.

Another random thing I loved was when Phinks acknowledged that he killed the head bodyguard (forgot his name) XD That was a nice touch.

Anyway, even though I'm disappointed with how the first half turned out, this was still a pretty good episode or at least, it's way better than episode 48 (I've actually only watched ep 48 once so far. I tried watching it a second time but I gave up 5 minutes in...maybe I'll try again?)
Oct 6, 2012 11:46 PM

Mar 2012
Eh, they cut out the scenes with Chibi hisoka (first when Gon almost blew his cover and then when he was teaming up with Machi)
And the Nobu laugh....

with Phinks and Shizuku

Still a great episode, and I can't wait for the next, though I'm surprised we're there already :P
End Zionazism
Oct 6, 2012 11:53 PM

Feb 2011
Oh btw, they should've revealed the arm wrestling-ranks of the Troupe in the Hunterpedia at the end. =(
I loved that in the manga.
Oct 7, 2012 12:55 AM

Jan 2012
I'm kind of disappointed with no new OP or ED.
Oct 7, 2012 1:13 AM

Jul 2012
Great Episode cant wait for the next episode.
Oct 7, 2012 1:26 AM

Aug 2012
gief more!! can't wait T_T
Oct 7, 2012 1:56 AM
Oct 2011
Another great episode, next week should be more interesting, it's Crollo afterall.

The picture of the Ryodan at the end was awesome:
Oct 7, 2012 3:12 AM

Apr 2012
Nobunaga's crying seemed a bit underwhelming, but otherwise this was a great episode! They got Killua's mental conflict down really well and I loved that they were emphasising Illumi's effect on him too. Also, I can't believe how well Madhouse portray Gon and Killua's relationship, I love it so muchhhhhhh

Next week will be AWESOME. (I say this every week... BUT I'M SERIOUS THIS TIME. ;;;;)
Oct 7, 2012 4:01 AM
Mar 2012
rather boring episode but good that it followed the manga, on the other hand next episode looks awesome
Oct 7, 2012 5:22 AM

Nov 2007
change the op and ed already damn it
Oct 7, 2012 6:04 AM

Jun 2010
It wasn't a bad episode for me o.o The pacing is pretty good and I pretty much enjoyed the whole episode. Im disappointed with the "new" op too ._. They need to change it soon.

Can't wait for the upcoming epic battle!
Oct 7, 2012 6:21 AM

Jul 2010
C'mon guys, this was a good one. There's not much in this part of the story, just the usual shounen-like highlights. I for one loved the part where Nobunaga got trolled, even if I've seen it before.

But seriously, I'd like to see Nobu's Hatsu sometime
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Oct 7, 2012 6:28 AM
Sep 2011
Opening? Yes, I think they're a bit late changing it to the phantom troupe now the the york new ark is almost over, I loved departure at first but it is getting old, on the flip side no one complained when "Ohayo" took up 62 episodes worth of opening so maybe that is what they are going for here.
Ending? Heck no I love hunting for your dream, I think I could live with it staying for the rest of the series although I do think they will probably ditch it once the next arc starts.

The 99 series done a pretty bad job of this part(as did they with the next part of the york new arc) so this is definitly much of an improvement.
And honestly I don't see how they can make the next episode worse than what the last episode of the 99 anime, that is still one of the most dissapointing endings to a great show I have ever seen, it was just so rushed as if they didn't know they had one episode left and only noticed when they had a ton of stuff to put in and crammed it all in in one episode of pure and utter fail.
Oct 7, 2012 6:58 AM

Feb 2008
How there was no chibi Hisoka?! God damn Madhouse D:
Good episode, though.
Oct 7, 2012 8:07 AM
Sep 2011
HUNTER X HUNTER = 2 pages
Sword at online = 38 pages

My faith in the anime community is slowly fading...
Oct 7, 2012 8:20 AM

Mar 2012
edl01 said:

It's always the anime that sucks that gets most attention :P But it's always been that way so eh >.>
End Zionazism
Oct 7, 2012 8:29 AM

Jul 2011
Mikasa said:
edl01 said:

It's always the anime that sucks that gets most attention :P But it's always been that way so eh >.>

+1.

And though I knew it was coming, I'm still laughing at Nobunaga. XD
Oct 7, 2012 8:39 AM

Jul 2012
Really love the conflints on Killua character, will he ever challengue his training and his brother and fight a losing a battle? I'm eager to see more of this =]
Oct 7, 2012 8:56 AM

Oct 2012
edl01 said:
Opening? Yes, I think they're a bit late changing it to the phantom troupe now the the york new ark is almost over, I loved departure at first but it is getting old, on the flip side no one complained when "Ohayo" took up 62 episodes worth of opening so maybe that is what they are going for here.
Ending? Heck no I love hunting for your dream, I think I could live with it staying for the rest of the series although I do think they will probably ditch it once the next arc starts.

The 99 series done a pretty bad job of this part(as did they with the next part of the york new arc) so this is definitly much of an improvement.
And honestly I don't see how they can make the next episode worse than what the last episode of the 99 anime, that is still one of the most dissapointing endings to a great show I have ever seen, it was just so rushed as if they didn't know they had one episode left and only noticed when they had a ton of stuff to put in and crammed it all in in one episode of pure and utter fail.

After reading your post I can only say that you havent watched the 99 anime XDDDD

Ohayo didn't took 62 episodes. The first part of the 99 series had 62 episodes and 2 openings:

"Ohayo" and "Taiyou Wa Yoru Mo Kagayaku"

Then the 99 anime had the Genei Ryodan OVAS with one opening:

"Pale Ale"

Then the 99 anime had the Greed Island OVAS with 2 openings:

"Pray" and "Believe in Tomorrow"

So in reality the 99 anime had 92 episodes with 5 openings in total.

And in my opinion in the 99 anime the York shin arc was a master piece ( much better than we have at this moment in the new anime, although it can improve) but 2011 anime is better in the rest of arcs ( Hunter exam, Zoldyck mansion, Celestial tower)

But I didnt sense that 99 anime ending was rushing in any moment. They finished just in the opening of the chimera ants arc, and this arc ended in the manga last year, so they did it perfect.

About this chapter, i didnt like nobunaga, he lacks pasion and strengh when he is crying, and the first part of the episode felt bland. The 2nd part much better, with gon using the brain and Nobunaga being decieve easily XDDD
pipe27Oct 7, 2012 9:00 AM
Oct 7, 2012 9:49 AM
Sep 2011
pipe27 said:
edl01 said:

After reading your post I can only say that you havent watched the 99 anime XDDDD

Ohayo didn't took 62 episodes. The first part of the 99 series had 62 episodes and 2 openings:

"Ohayo" and "Taiyou Wa Yoru Mo Kagayaku"

Then the 99 anime had the Genei Ryodan OVAS with one opening:

"Pale Ale"

Then the 99 anime had the Greed Island OVAS with 2 openings:

"Pray" and "Believe in Tomorrow"

So in reality the 99 anime had 92 episodes with 5 openings in total.

And in my opinion in the 99 anime the York shin arc was a master piece ( much better than we have at this moment in the new anime, although it can improve) but 2011 anime is better in the rest of arcs ( Hunter exam, Zoldyck mansion, Celestial tower)

But I didnt sense that 99 anime ending was rushing in any moment. They finished just in the opening of the chimera ants arc, and this arc ended in the manga last year, so they did it perfect.

About this chapter, i didnt like nobunaga, he lacks pasion and strengh when he is crying, and the first part of the episode felt bland. The 2nd part much better, with gon using the brain and Nobunaga being decieve easily XDDD

Well I stand corrected, I’m no fanatic and it has been over a year since I saw the original(I finished it just a few days before the remake and I never watched the OVA's) so I made a mistake but Ohayo did still take up 50 episodes of the series and departure right now has only took up slightly longer and so both series have had 1 opening for at least 50 episodes.
And I personally must say I feel the opposite to you about the original - I think the hunter exam the battle tower arcs were some of the best Shonen I have ever seen in the original(took me 2 days to watch both of them) and that the York new arc in the original was really poorly done whereas in this I think the York new arc is better and the hunter exam and the battle tower were just OK in this version.

I would go in more about how I feel the ending in the original was rushed but sadly I don't want to spoil anyone who by chance hasn't seen the 99 series but let me just say that big "plot twist" with the phantom troupe at the end of the episode came right out of no were with absolutely no hinting or explanation and we were supposed to just accept it, if they didn't have that extra credits scene I think I wouldn't have even went as far as watching the remake.
edl01Oct 7, 2012 9:55 AM
Oct 7, 2012 9:56 AM

Jan 2012
Good ep. Looking forward to the next few episodes!!!
Oct 7, 2012 10:09 AM

Jun 2011
cant wait for the next episode
Oct 7, 2012 10:12 AM

Apr 2007

Nobunaga crying in the manga... way more powerfull
Oct 7, 2012 10:19 AM

Oct 2012
edl01 said:
[
Well I stand corrected, I’m no fanatic and it has been over a year since I saw the original(I finished it just a few days before the remake and I never watched the OVA's) so I made a mistake but Ohayo did still take up 50 episodes of the series and departure right now has only took up slightly longer and so both series have had 1 opening for at least 50 episodes.
And I personally must say I feel the opposite to you about the original - I think the hunter exam the battle tower arcs were some of the best Shonen I have ever seen in the original(took me 2 days to watch both of them) and that the York new arc in the original was really poorly done whereas in this I think the York new arc is better and the hunter exam and the battle tower were just OK in this version.

I would go in more about how I feel the ending in the original was rushed but sadly I don't want to spoil anyone who by chance hasn't seen the 99 series but let me just say that big "plot twist" with the phantom troupe at the end of the episode came right out of no were with absolutely no hinting or explanation and we were supposed to just accept it, if they didn't have that extra credits scene I think I wouldn't have even went as far as watching the remake.

But if you havent watched the Ovas, you havent watched the York Shin arc, you have watched half of the york shin arc XDDDD
Oct 7, 2012 2:29 PM

Oct 2011
Good episode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2012 5:32 PM

Sep 2008
This episode made my realize that I prefered the old Nobunaga voice actor. Guess 2011 can't win them all.

Overall disapointing but that's simply because I'm placing very high expectations on these scenes as a fan of the original anime and this time they failed to deliver for me. I'm however expecting them to blow the budget on the next few episodes so I doubt they will stay behind for long. The only spider arc scene so far that I've liked better in the 2011 series than in the 99 series is the fight between Ubogin and the shadow beasts. All these changes just annoy me, I would rather want to go slower over the story than skip content like they have been doing.

edit: seems the old nobunaga also had a role in the new show: http://myanimelist.net/character/53275/Johness :p
MephzOct 7, 2012 5:41 PM
Oct 7, 2012 6:25 PM

Sep 2012
Mephz said:

edit: seems the old nobunaga also had a role in the new show: http://myanimelist.net/character/53275/Johness :p

LOL that's SO funny.

Talk about a downgrade.
Oct 7, 2012 9:22 PM

Jun 2012
Not a bad episode, but not good either. Not much else to say..
3/5.

Oct 8, 2012 9:09 AM

Jul 2009
I love Gon and Killua's dynamic duo act. They go so well together you almost forget about Kurapika and Leorio.
Oct 8, 2012 10:49 AM
Sep 2011
pipe27 said:
edl01 said:
[

But if you havent watched the Ovas, you havent watched the York Shin arc, you have watched half of the york shin arc XDDDD

Huh, you mean they actually stopped Hunter X Hunter the origional only at the half way point of an arc? Episode 62 seemed like the conclusion episodes, especially after the end plot twist.
I am sorry...but that is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard an anime has ever done, why would you ever end an arc half way through?

I'm sitll refusing to watch the OVA's btw even if it is the second half of the york new arc, in fact learning this makes me want to watch them even less than I already did...
Oct 8, 2012 10:51 AM
Oct 2011
edl01 said:
pipe27 said:
edl01 said:
[

Huh, you mean they actually stopped Hunter X Hunter the origional only at the half way point of an arc? Episode 62 seemed like the conclusion episodes, especially after the end plot twist.
I am sorry...but that is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard an anime has ever done, why would you ever end an arc half way through?
The first OVA series (first 8 episodes) were the conclusion of Yorkshin and the prologue of Greed Island. It stopped because Togashi started taking breaks and hiatuses.
Oct 8, 2012 10:57 AM
Sep 2011
Candor said:
The first OVA series (first 8 episodes) were the conclusion of Yorkshin and the prologue of Greed Island. It stopped because Togashi started taking breaks and hiatuses.

So what, they were already starting up the york new arc when he took this break or had they started the york new arc fully aware they wouldn't be able to finish it? Because I admit if the former is the case I will take back what I said and admit I was ill informed.
edl01Oct 8, 2012 11:00 AM
Oct 8, 2012 11:06 AM

Apr 2011
Departure third version !!
I thought it was a joke 0_0
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 24, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.