Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 2, 2012 3:16 PM

Aug 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, I was fairly surprised. Maybe I didn't read the description properly, (like if this was going to be an animated short or something) but I thought it would be exactly like the manga so I braced myself for animated Zera and etc. I actually don't mind, since I found it quite funny.
Oct 2, 2012 3:17 PM

Jun 2011
Does anybody know who the seiyuus are?
Oct 2, 2012 5:14 PM

May 2008
FastWheels said:
Does anybody know who the seiyuus are?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-08-31/lychee-light-club-anime-stage-play-cast-revealed

They're stage actors from the play but one of them did some anime roles before.
Oct 2, 2012 7:50 PM

Nov 2011

Strange series is strange.
Oct 2, 2012 8:31 PM

Apr 2012
WELL. that was unexpected. .___.

in the genre thing it specifically includes: horror and psychological.
it... isn't?

it is amusing though. first episode was sorta funny.

animation is kinda... different from what one would expect an anime to be like...

i'll wait till the second episode to see if i still want to watch it.
Oct 2, 2012 8:51 PM

Aug 2011
Clouded-Flame said:
WELL. that was unexpected. .___.

in the genre thing it specifically includes: horror and psychological.
it... isn't?

it is amusing though. first episode was sorta funny.

animation is kinda... different from what one would expect an anime to be like...

i'll wait till the second episode to see if i still want to watch it.

Trust me, the MANGA at least has a lot of horror. This whole episode was centered around punishing someone, so I assume that this anime will have dark bits to it, in fact, the whole anime will be dark themed itself, but you have to notice that over the comedy.

This anime kind of made me like Zera though. =.= Even though I dislike him.
Oct 2, 2012 10:15 PM

Feb 2010
where part of it is horror and pshychological ??
"never regret anything, because at one point it was exactly what you wanted"
Oct 2, 2012 11:44 PM

Sep 2008
I think this more accurately falls under the genre of black comedy.
Oct 3, 2012 12:39 AM

Nov 2011
The synopsis on MAL seemed nice but why is it only 2 minutes? such wasted potential

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 3, 2012 2:47 AM

Apr 2011
I definitely didn't like Tamiya's voice. I didn't like Niko's too, but Tamiya's... It just doesn't sound as I imagined at all. The rest was okay, I guess.

I watched it raw, and someone made a rough translation on tumblr, so I kinda understand what they were saying, but I'm still waiting for subs too.

(sorry for my english)
Oct 3, 2012 5:58 AM
Oct 2012
Translation I found of the first episode:

T: Zera! This man has found and seen our holy ground!

N: Zera! What's the verdict for this man?

Everyone: Verdict! Verdict! Verdict! Zera! Zera!

Z: He found out our luscious secret! With the power of the Litchi I declare he has to be executed!

L: Execution!

Everyone: Execution! Execution! Execution!

K: No! It's wrong to take someone's life, Litchi! You can't!

R: If Kanon says so...

Z: Hmm, then instead of death, what punishment will we give to this man? Eins, Nico!

N: Yessir! Let's take off his clothes and leave him in just his briefs!

Z: I see, that's very embarassing but Nico, once he puts on his trousers, it's over.

N: Uoooh!

Z: Zwei, Raizou!

R: Mmm, let's lick the chocolate off his choco pocky and leave him only the sticks!

Z: Rejected.

R: Ah? Why?

Z: Rejected.

Z: Drei, Kaneda!

K: Let's make him confess to the harsh Kazuko, from the girl's high school next door!

Z: I see, that's an harsh punishment. But what if he actually goes there and, even if it's Kazuko, he enjoys it!? It was meant as a punishment but what if it actually brings a couple together?
Vier, Dentaku!

D: Let's make an experiment on this living organism! Let's do his happy trail!

Z: Eh? What? Happy trail? Do?

D: Yes! Let's wax his pubic hair!

Z: Fünf, Dafu!

F: I think we should use black magic.

Z: Can you put a curse on him?

F: Eh?

Z: You said magic, when did you learn magic?

F: Ehm...

Z: Sechs, Tamiya!

T: Let's beat him up with all our strength!

Z: Mm...

T: That's the best!

Z: Ehm... Sieiben, Yakob.

Y: Let's tell him spoilers of the manga he's looking forward to read!

Z: That's just pestering...
Acht, Jaibo?

J: Then, I'll bully him!

Z: Absolutely not good.

J: Eh? Is that so?

Z: Absolutely yes.
Damnit guys, think about it more! What about you Kanon?

K: Ehm, yes!

Z: You will decide! So Kanon, choose a punishment for this man.

L: Kanon.

K: Then: from today on he'll no longer have side dishes with rice!

Z: No side dishes rice! That's really a brilliant punishment!

K: Say, Litchi, why is everyone scared?

L: Kanon, you are truly cruel.
Oct 3, 2012 8:22 AM

May 2010
Well... I was SO looking forward to this anime but it turned out to be a "parody" with black humor -.-
I should have read the description more carefully, but who could have guess it will be like this!
I'm really disappointed, I might drop it if the next episode doesn't impress me.
Oct 3, 2012 8:34 AM
Oct 2011
Thx Sippou for the translation.

That was interesting, and..
Stark700 said:

Strange series is strange.
Oct 3, 2012 2:40 PM

Jul 2010
Bleh. Bleh episode is bleh.
I thought it would at least be a bit better than this.

Thanks for the translation, it was greatly appreciated.
Oct 3, 2012 3:41 PM

Nov 2011
It was entertaining, but the art style and idk everything about it is kind of strange. I'll probably just stick with it because it's so short.
I'm curious as to how many "horror" and "psychological" elements it'll actually have though...
魔法少女グレイシー
Oct 3, 2012 4:44 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Thought this show would be good or at least interesting. I was wrong.
Oct 3, 2012 4:45 PM

May 2010
Where's the intes...
It turned into Gakkatsu D:
Oct 3, 2012 4:48 PM

Jan 2012
I WANNA FUCKING PUNCH THE PERSON WHO PITCHED THE IDEA TO MAKE THIS SPIN-OFF. I can't believe Usamaru Furuya allowed this.
Oct 3, 2012 4:50 PM

Jun 2011
The humor was unfunny and the art style was puke worthy.

Thank god it was only 2 minutes long.
Oct 3, 2012 4:55 PM
Apr 2011
I love the pocky guy and his girly response. Lol. <3
Oct 3, 2012 6:04 PM

Aug 2011
And I was so excited when I found out that there would be an anime adaption.
Can't wrap my head around the fact that they would make such a mess out of a masterpiece. Wasted potential.

Nonetheless, I'm glad to see my babies animated.

Oct 3, 2012 6:29 PM
Feb 2012
Well, it turned out to be a parody for those who have read the manga and were already fans. It is pretty hilarious, though I haven't give up my hopes for a proper adaptation yet.

'Kanon, you're inhumane.'

I lol'd at that. xD
Oct 3, 2012 6:34 PM
Aug 2011
I knew this was going to be like this.
Given the source material which is the polar opposite, I can only wonder about how many different comedic scenarios they can come up with.

I think i'll just watch this in one go after it's done airing.
Oct 3, 2012 6:55 PM

Sep 2007
Disappointed that it wasn't the real thing, buuut well I still found it funny! I'm happy to see it animated at all, even if in parody form. :D
Oct 3, 2012 7:13 PM

May 2008
...ruined...simply ruined.

Stick to the manga. This is just...horrible.

Eksta said:
I WANNA FUCKING PUNCH THE PERSON WHO PITCHED THE IDEA TO MAKE THIS SPIN-OFF. I can't believe Usamaru Furuya allowed this.

^

Oct 3, 2012 7:24 PM

Dec 2008
Orewa said:
Well, it turned out to be a parody for those who have read the manga and were already fans. It is pretty hilarious, though I haven't give up my hopes for a proper adaptation yet.

yep, same. I wish we could have a decent adaptation - and maybe we will someday?
and I didn't find it bad at all - it was pretty cute hehe
(but I think that it doesn't make sense at all if you haven't read the manga before?)
Oct 3, 2012 7:31 PM

Nov 2011
I prefer my Litchi Hikari Club with more penises.

But this was OK.
Oct 3, 2012 7:34 PM

Jun 2011
O...kay..........
Spoilers for his favourite manga is the worse punishment, imo
Oct 3, 2012 7:35 PM

Dec 2011
tofupika said:
Disappointed that it wasn't the real thing, buuut well I still found it funny! I'm happy to see it animated at all, even if in parody form. :D

Same here. The synopsis and genres need to be changed to reflect the fact this is a lighthearted parody of Litchi.
Oct 3, 2012 8:11 PM

Feb 2012
Eh....amusing, to say the least. I like the art style though.
Oct 3, 2012 8:45 PM

Oct 2010
lel they ruined it

1/10. stay classy, Nippon.
Oct 3, 2012 8:57 PM
Jan 2011
WHAT THE HOLY FUCK IS THIS.

/crying
Oct 3, 2012 9:47 PM

Oct 2011
I'm not sure what people were expecting when it was announced to be comedic shorts, just from that you should've known it wasn't going to be like the manga at all. x_x I think they should take down the description that basically describes the manga and apparently will not be describing the show. Although I can't judge this based on one episode but it seems they will just be little spoofs of the manga with the characters from it.

Also, the first episode does seem to parody the beginning of the first chapter although Kanon and Litchi aren't around yet in the manga
SquattaOct 3, 2012 10:00 PM
Oct 3, 2012 10:49 PM
May 2012
ONEESAMAAA said:
lel they ruined it

1/10. stay classy, Nippon.

This.

Was Very TERRIBLE.
Oct 4, 2012 12:15 AM
Oct 4, 2012 12:49 AM

Oct 2011
this was a HUGE disappointment....all of the elements that make the manga interesting are missing........reminded me of an unfunny version of gakkatsu.....maybe episode two will be better.
Oct 4, 2012 1:01 AM

Aug 2009
Wow... it wasn't funny at all, wtf is this. Even though the manga was a weird yaoi gore-fest it was much better than this pg-rated crap.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Oct 4, 2012 1:03 AM

Jul 2009
Well, a bit like a mixture of SZS, Gakkatsu and some generic school comedy I can't exactly name at the moment with nice voices and good pace.
Seems good enough for a short. :)
5/5
Oct 4, 2012 2:35 AM
Dec 2011
This is BAD! B-A-D! The description was nice; I just didn't see the duration of each episode: 2 minutes?! This series will be a big failure.
Oct 4, 2012 3:07 AM

Jan 2012
I completely understand what everyone is saying about how it was a disappointment because is not like the manga, because it's so short, etc. I admit that I feel that way as well, but only to an extent. For me, what I loved so much about the manga was the characters themselves, how all the different personalities came together. I feel as though the producers of the anime really did try to include character traits from the original source material. I guess I'm just still in awe that this even exists. Litchi Hikari Club seems to me a pretty obscure manga with a relatively small fan base, so the fact that an anime was even created at all is amazing to me. Is it exactly like the manga? Absolutely not, which is sad, but at least it's something new. I had thought that  Bokura no Hikari Club was going to be the last I ever saw of these characters. What's more, there has only been one episode, which makes it hard for me to adequately judge if I'm going to enjoy the series yet or not. And who knows, maybe someday they will make an all out full adaptation of the manga.

What amuses/concerns me is that, can you imagine if someone just saw the anime version and from that decided to look up the manga?
Oct 4, 2012 3:40 AM

May 2010
Weird anime is weird. Im kind of happy that it turned out like this and not like the manga XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2012 3:52 AM

Sep 2012
What the f*** did I watch?
Oct 4, 2012 4:01 AM

Aug 2010
hahahahahaaha nope.
Oct 4, 2012 4:28 AM
The Priest Esser

Nov 2011
what the fuck did I just watch
idk why I was here but I'm prob back to playing Dragon's Dogma 2 again when you read this

Oct 4, 2012 4:35 AM

Dec 2009
I had heard rumours that it would be a chibi anime, but I didn't expect THIS level of failure.

You're better off reading the manga, guys!
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Oct 4, 2012 5:01 AM

Feb 2008
Well it turned out pretty good. It's a spoof on the manga. If you read the manga, you should like it even more, not hate it. It's stupid that people hate something just because it's not "following the manga". They said that this would be just skits, so I see no problem. How would they even adapt the manga with that dick scene and toilet scene. It would end up censored and a mess.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Oct 4, 2012 6:17 AM

Mar 2010
I'm not sure about what to say about this anime.
Of course I knew it wouldn't be an accurated adaption of the manga, considering how sexual explicit and violent it is... but it kinda disappointed me knowing that Litchi Hikari Club won't get an exact animated adaption.
Although I find the first episode kinda amusing, so I'll keep watching it.

【私の夢しかありません。】 | | | | | | |
Oct 4, 2012 7:18 AM

Dec 2011
Dafuq did I just watch
Oct 4, 2012 9:59 AM

Sep 2008
no
Oct 4, 2012 11:45 AM

May 2012
I can't even express how disappointed I am. I was SO excited for this adaption. I really hope this was a one-time thing. I'll watch next week's episode, and if it doesn't get any better I'll just drop it.

Who thought it would be a good idea to strip everything good about the series and make a 2 minute pilot? Idiotic.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Litchi DE Hikari Club Episode 8 Discussion

Marow - Nov 19, 2012

15 by Etherius_ZS »»
Jul 9, 2023 1:42 AM

Poll: » Litchi DE Hikari Club Episode 6 Discussion

Marow - Nov 5, 2012

7 by Etherius_ZS »»
Jul 9, 2023 1:32 AM

Poll: » Litchi DE Hikari Club Episode 7 Discussion

Marow - Nov 12, 2012

11 by Etherius_ZS »»
Jul 8, 2023 11:42 AM

Poll: » Litchi DE Hikari Club Episode 5 Discussion

Laciie - Oct 29, 2012

16 by Etherius_ZS »»
Jul 8, 2023 11:38 AM

Poll: » Litchi DE Hikari Club Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2012

6 by Etherius_ZS »»
Jul 8, 2023 11:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.