Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Mar 26, 2018 12:34 AM

Mar 2014
Hearing Akito ask if the Elevens were gonna make their own country gave me goosebumps
Apr 6, 2018 5:56 AM

Jul 2008
So this is concurrent with the series but takes place somewhere else entirely.

Lots of new characters, but not much development or set up for me.

It looks nice but that's the best thing I can say about it right now.

5/10, I hope the next episodes pick things up.
Nov 18, 2018 9:45 AM

Feb 2014
That was a fun movie, the visuals were stunning.
May 14, 2019 10:05 PM

Jul 2016
Did not care for it.
Aug 23, 2019 1:04 PM

Sep 2017
Well, that just felt pointless. I'm not really sure why this movie was made. I understand that it is meant to expand upon the pre-established Code Geass universe, but the entire movie felt extremely inconsequential. I'm sure many of my questions will be answered in the remaining four (?!) movies, but that doesn't excuse how lost I was in this movie.

I first wish to discuss likely my biggest gripe with this movie: The CG. I don't necessarily have a problem with CG in anime. When done well, it is pretty great. For example, I've heard Houseki no Kuni handles CG very well for an anime. I haven't seen it yet, so I can't exactly comment on the validity of these claims, but just from trailers I can tell the CG was handled better than it was here. The KnightMares look awful in this movie. Why they went from having excellent animated KnightMares to these CG monstrosities is a mystery I may never know the answer to. It isn't like it was a lack of talent either. Both key animators have done excellent work in other projects (hell, Kanta Suzuki literally did key animation for the original!). The action scenes are the focal point of this movie, yet it is incredibly difficult to figure out what is going on because of how sloppy it looks. However, I did enjoy some of the angles the animators used, and action not involving KnightMares was actually pretty good. The soundtrack and voice acting was uninspired and forgettable, but at least some of the voice actors at least sounded like they were trying to fit their roles. The story felt remarkably inconsequential. Nothing really happened in the entire 50 minute run-time, at least as of now (these events may become more significant as the story progresses, but we will have to wait and see). The characters weren't much better, with not a single character having an interesting or unique personality. To conclude, this movie was fine. Hopefully the next entries make this feel less like filler and more like a meaningful addition to the Geass universe, but only time will tell if this is true or false. 6/10.

GytanzoAug 23, 2019 1:30 PM
Sep 29, 2019 9:43 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Interesting. Akito is lacking something, but I have to see more of this to confirm that. I enjoyed the action sequences so much, it what made a big part of Code Geass feel so much compelling. I just love how fast-paced it all was. The episode flew by quickly too and next episode's preview seems to feature C.C. I can't wait. I hope more characters from the parent show make an appearance here. Looking at you Lelouch, Suzaku, and the rest of Lelouch's classmates. Orange boy too? Why no even the rebellion members, ugh, you know what, just shove in there everyone and I won't even be sad about it.
Dec 11, 2019 5:40 AM

Nov 2019
Pretty nicee
8/10
Jul 26, 2020 3:29 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Well, this was "okay" start to the Akito series I suppose.

Can't say I'm digging in to the characters just yet but the Setting is kind of interesting. Akito in Geass-ed mode, similar to Suzaku's "Live On", is highly curious-striking too. Wouldn't be surprised if the madman Lelouch would be behind this despite all reasonalbe odds xD.

Hyuuga Shaing demonstrating a bit of Geass was a nice throwback and the action seems pretty good as well. Damn, Akito's knightmare's unique movements though.

Was reluctant to giving this series a shot but well, here I am.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 21, 2022 8:25 AM

Dec 2021
This was incredibly reactionary compared to the original series, not surprising since there's a different writer
Nov 4, 2023 5:03 AM

Oct 2018
It was alright, slightly worse than I expected. At least the CG mechs are incredible and the action boards are ambitious to some extent so I'll keep watching.
Dec 5, 2023 2:23 PM
Sep 2023
watching these movies after I had just picked up & binged the first 2 seasons rewatching them after so many years. and whil3 I did know beforehand that these movies had a totally separate timeline & character cast that in no way related to the ones form the main series. I still feel like this movie reeeeallly sucked I'm gonna keep watching the movies in the hope they get better so fingers crossed
Feb 18, 8:40 AM

Jan 2008
That was really dull, I gave up with 20 minutes left to go.

Also I'm confused why there are so many Japanese in France. The two nations are obviously miles away. It would make more sense if China had a large population of Japanese exiles, but not France. (what even is the route they'd take considering how much territory Britannia controls?)
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Want to watch these spin-off movies but have some questions

Biisoo - Apr 24, 2023

5 by Fail_Man_X »»
Apr 24, 2023 10:46 AM

» Opinions on Akito the Exiled ?

kushmonatl - Jun 30, 2022

18 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Sep 23, 2022 12:16 PM

» About the ed music

Klosiy - Jul 5, 2021

1 by Kitsu_andmal »»
Jul 14, 2022 2:16 PM

» Any Chance Of An English Dub?

awesomeblackman - Feb 8, 2017

2 by awesomeblackman »»
Mar 15, 2021 7:44 PM

» Confused, would like some insight before I watch.

Kiraism - Dec 27, 2014

1 by Descended_ »»
Jan 10, 2021 1:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.