Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 22, 2012 6:45 AM

Jan 2012
So, Season 2 is almost at it's ending, and all of the Armor of Deadly Sins, not yet gathered....this means only one thing....

SEASON 3.... hope this Horizon on the Middle of Nowhere will have a 3rd Season...
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 2, 2012 1:34 PM

Jun 2012
Season 1 had fantastic sales, I would expect the same to happen for season 2. You can pretty much bank on a season 3.
Oct 2, 2012 1:38 PM

Aug 2011
There are tons of novels, everyone who did even a little bit of research knew Horizon wouldn't end at the end of season 2. I really hope for a third season.
Oct 2, 2012 2:24 PM

Feb 2012
Third season will definitely happen.

First season sold 21k average per volume. Second season is on track to average that same amount so far, with 23k+ volume 1 sales.

The question is, when? :)
Oct 2, 2012 3:02 PM

Jun 2008
Yvese said:

The question is, when? :)

Probably 2013 Spring.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Oct 2, 2012 3:26 PM

Dec 2007
one of the few series that deserves a s3
Oct 2, 2012 3:40 PM

Jul 2011
THIS NEEDS A SEASON 3! NO OBJECTIONS! :D
Oct 2, 2012 3:46 PM

Mar 2010
Remember how season 1 ended?
New characters that appears for short moments and a clip after the credits... yes, Horizon will have a third season!

【私の夢しかありません。】 | | | | | | |
Oct 2, 2012 4:41 PM
Aug 2010
S3 would be great (then I can preorder that too whenever Sentai would license it rofl)

but...even an announcement in 2 years, with it airing a year later feels too soon. >_>
Season one adapted Vol. 1A & 1B of the LN, 1.3k~ pages combined. Season 2 adapted 2A + 2B. 2k pages.
3A + 3B + 3C (vol 3) is almost 2.5k pages, same way with Vol 4.

Now a 2-cour S3 would probably do godly wonders for adapting all of Vol. 3, but seeing how they pulled off adapting S2 in 1 cour is something awesome too...

Mainly I think it'd be far too much work for the staff to do a S3 any time within the next 3 years. Horizon is a LOT of work compared too other series. (I've heard that ep 12 of S2 alone took almost 4 months to produce...)
I think Sunrise also doesn't seem to have any sponsors willing to help them out for a S3 too lol.

Going to quote Zeroblade (kyoukaisen infodump sensei) from late last year.

Throw in the fact when Kawakami personally vidded himself doing Kimi's dance so the staff could reference it...among other things.
I honestly don't hear too much from what other LN author's do for their adaption. Kawakami on the other hand, holy crap. Writing the thickest LN's, while helping out to make a awesome adaption like this? Truly a guy who loves what he's done.

Just waaaaay to much work really.
Now I would absolutely loveeeee a S3, but it's understandable if they can't get a sponsor, or if they don't want to continue. It's a helluva amount of work, and well S1 & S2 are both extremely satisfying, the amount of work (and seeing how much the staff seem to love it) is incredible.
As much as a S3 would make me go insane at such awesomeness, I can definitely accept the decesion to not continue. Not like animators are paid a lot (plus what 20-30 animators for some horizon episodes holy hell.)

So yeah no S3 is acceptable, but if there was. An announcement in 3 or so years with it airing another year or 2 would probably be ideal. Sounds like a decent amount of production time.
FlavoryFantasyOct 2, 2012 4:44 PM
Oct 2, 2012 4:43 PM

Nov 2011
I'd love a Season 3 tbh
Oct 2, 2012 5:48 PM

Jun 2010
I think we can already say that there is a season three. The problem is when. I hope they air it in the upcoming Winter Season.
Oct 2, 2012 5:56 PM

Aug 2011
There has to be a season 3 with so many new and important people they showed us in the last episode.
Oct 2, 2012 6:30 PM
Mar 2011
assuming we make it, or nothing bad happens to jaapn aagain im all for it.
Oct 2, 2012 8:30 PM

Aug 2012
The english R1 BDs for season 1 come out next month. Show your support $ =)
Oct 2, 2012 11:08 PM

Mar 2012
I don't care how long it takes to produce S3, as long as they announce it and get to it, I'm totally willing to wait.

This is honestly one of the few series out there that deserves continual sequels. Great storyline, great characters, and great entertainment value. I'm sad we'll have to part with it at least for awhile.
Oct 3, 2012 7:18 AM

Jan 2010
want a 3rd season asap!
at least I hope there will be one, I'll kindly waiting for it :)
Oct 3, 2012 7:34 AM
Aug 2010
00Bubbles00 said:
The english R1 BDs for season 1 come out next month. Show your support $ =)
Indeed, I was waiting for sentai earlier to release the date, when they did, I went through preordering it so fast. Now whenever S2 is up for grabs, oh man I can't wait.

tezann_t said:
I don't care how long it takes to produce S3, as long as they announce it and get to it, I'm totally willing to wait.

Yeah I'm honestly willing to wait a good 4 or 5 years for a S3, even more if they need the time. The wait would be worth it...
If it never happens, I'm fine with that too. (though I would definitely want a S3.)
Oct 3, 2012 10:23 AM
Sep 2009
Sunrise sure like to take their time in production. Phi Brain took a 3 months break after 25 eps, Horizon takes a 3 months break after 12/13 eps, Code Geass Akito will take more than half a year break after 1 hour episode.
Oct 3, 2012 8:30 PM

Aug 2012
I'm actually glad that Bandai no longer does their own publishing in North America... Bandai releases were overpriced and picked up on using BD's really late. No Code Geass BDs? wtf =(

Sentai is releasing all of season 1 in one package. If it was still Bandai publishing, it would probably be released like Star Driver was with a few episodes per volume.
Oct 3, 2012 8:47 PM

Aug 2011
Anytime between 2013-2014 sounds good, just hope it doesn't get scrapped.
Oct 4, 2012 6:21 AM

Apr 2009
A third season would be great! Somehow I can't get enough of this anime, I was looking forward to the new episode every week :D
Oct 4, 2012 7:04 AM

Feb 2011
I'm looking forward to it. The last scene of the 13th episode was kind of a hint for me. Hope that season 3 will have 26 episodes as the next volume of the novel has more to cover.
Oct 4, 2012 12:32 PM

Mar 2011
Yes! some new chara appears in last episode in 2nd season...Mochiron! 3rd Season will coming soon...just "when" is still TBA...
Oct 5, 2012 6:23 AM

Jan 2012
Let's hope that it will be announced ASAP... still can't get over with this season,..
Oct 5, 2012 7:39 AM

Oct 2012
aww man...
i can't wait for season III after saw moar character in the end of Season II
Q.Q
really really can't wait... i hope the release it on spring or summer 2013..
no.. Spring!!!
Oct 31, 2012 5:34 PM
Nov 2011
Definitely going to be a Season 3 just by looking at the BD sales.

I don't think they'll want to take too long to make it. If they wait too long, they wouldn't be riding off the popularity of S1 and S2.
Oct 31, 2012 6:19 PM
Aug 2010
InfiniteGenesis said:

I don't think they'll want to take too long to make it. If they wait too long, they wouldn't be riding off the popularity of S1 and S2.

The sales are fantastic yes. Though the true question is if the amount of work is even worth it.
There was a TON of effort over the 2 1/2 years it took to produce S1 + S2. Hell...ep 12 of S2 was commented on by staff, to have taken almost 4 months to make. 4 months and that fabulous S2 ep 12 came, no half-assing it there.

For a season 3 they'd need it to be a 2 cour season considering how large Vol 3 is. 24/26 eps. That would be a hell of amount of work if they want to keep up the quality they showed in S1+S2.

Plus...I'm sure even Katsuya would need a cool down time to relax from making the awesome OST we got from the horizon anime. That guy deserves it...

I think there's a rumor floating around that even the sponsors are a bit wary of wanting to fund a S3.(don't remember source exactly...correct me if I'm wrong on this, I'd love to be wrong regarding this.)
I mean...i'd love it if they do decide to give the funds, and keep all of the staff on-board. I'm willing to wait to wait 3-5(even 6) years of production time for a S3. Definitely be worth the wait, especially from what I've heard about vol. 3's contents / spoiled myself on about characters/events.

I know some fans in Japan would love a S3, but are fine with even just 2 seasons of Horizon since they were pretty awe-strucken by the amount of work / animation the anime had (there really wasn't that much still shots if you compared it to other shows.)

So yeah...so much work and animators aren't really paid all that much either. Also sunrise has other projects so a supposed Horizon III wouldn't probably even be announced for 2-3+ years if they wanted to continue...
FlavoryFantasyOct 31, 2012 6:31 PM
Nov 20, 2012 12:16 AM

Nov 2008
FlavoryFantasy said:
InfiniteGenesis said:

The sales are fantastic yes. Though the true question is if the amount of work is even worth it.
There was a TON of effort over the 2 1/2 years it took to produce S1 + S2. Hell...ep 12 of S2 was commented on by staff, to have taken almost 4 months to make. 4 months and that fabulous S2 ep 12 came, no half-assing it there.

For a season 3 they'd need it to be a 2 cour season considering how large Vol 3 is. 24/26 eps. That would be a hell of amount of work if they want to keep up the quality they showed in S1+S2.

Plus...I'm sure even Katsuya would need a cool down time to relax from making the awesome OST we got from the horizon anime. That guy deserves it...

I think there's a rumor floating around that even the sponsors are a bit wary of wanting to fund a S3.(don't remember source exactly...correct me if I'm wrong on this, I'd love to be wrong regarding this.)
I mean...i'd love it if they do decide to give the funds, and keep all of the staff on-board. I'm willing to wait to wait 3-5(even 6) years of production time for a S3. Definitely be worth the wait, especially from what I've heard about vol. 3's contents / spoiled myself on about characters/events.

I know some fans in Japan would love a S3, but are fine with even just 2 seasons of Horizon since they were pretty awe-strucken by the amount of work / animation the anime had (there really wasn't that much still shots if you compared it to other shows.)

So yeah...so much work and animators aren't really paid all that much either. Also sunrise has other projects so a supposed Horizon III wouldn't probably even be announced for 2-3+ years if they wanted to continue...

I honestly do not see it taking 2-3 + years for a continuation - I wouldnt be surprised if its a year or less - you have great sales - great ratings and are making very good profits .. that usually induces a sequel by people far above your 'animator' level staff if they want the profits and the ratings and the Market is there (IE They supply the season because of the demand/popularity) - it will come and it probably wont take half a decade to do so
Dec 3, 2012 10:58 PM

Aug 2008
Your not thinking like a Japanese. "It did great, awesome. Now lets make another hit rather than chance another season not working". From what I've seen horizon may be popular, but its not mainstream like bleach or one piece, making it more of a gamble. Besides, the trends may have changed while it was being aired. Seems anime gets released in waves of the same genre. I see this either being announced next season to be produced or it taking 5-8 years to come out.
Dec 25, 2012 8:52 AM
Dec 2012
My opinion it has lots of potential for a third season, but the story itself is very complicated. Even with the author working with them it would take quite a long time to put together story to make more sense and to figure out how to fit the multiple fragments that are important details for progressing story plot.
Dec 28, 2012 1:34 AM

Feb 2011
GENESISOFSIN said:
My opinion it has lots of potential for a third season, but the story itself is very complicated. Even with the author working with them it would take quite a long time to put together story to make more sense and to figure out how to fit the multiple fragments that are important details for progressing story plot.

That's true. The story is complex and unique, but that is what makes Horizon so awesome for me^^
But I must admit that I understood the part about the Divine and Harmonic Divine States only after I read the wiki article. After my second watch through the series I noticed that they explained it pretty well in the series, too, I just didn't pay enough attention xD And considering that the backstory of Horizon is a novel series of it's own, i think they did a pretty good job, fitting the most important things into 4 episodes.

I'm desperately waiting for a third season, but in the end, all we can do is wait until Kawakami und Sunrise make the announcement
Dec 28, 2012 11:29 AM
Dec 2012
OMG the story is very great i like to see kyoukai senjou no Horizon Season 3 please make it happen Minoru Kawakami!!!!!!!!!

This is awesome anime

Kyoukai Senjou No Horizon is The Best
Jan 6, 2013 5:53 PM
Dec 2012
madhatter10 said:
GENESISOFSIN said:

That's true. The story is complex and unique, but that is what makes Horizon so awesome for me^^
But I must admit that I understood the part about the Divine and Harmonic Divine States only after I read the wiki article. After my second watch through the series I noticed that they explained it pretty well in the series, too, I just didn't pay enough attention xD And considering that the backstory of Horizon is a novel series of it's own, i think they did a pretty good job, fitting the most important things into 4 episodes.

I'm desperately waiting for a third season, but in the end, all we can do is wait until Kawakami und Sunrise make the announcement

really maqybe i shoulf rewatch the seasons to catch those important details. by the way kimi owns everybody baby lol.
Jan 13, 2013 9:35 PM
Jul 2009
the setups there for at least 6 seasons i would like to see horizon with her lust back ;) we have seen the 8 weapons and there more to be explained
Jan 25, 2013 4:38 PM

Apr 2010
omg please no... there are so many other potential animes for sequel!
"Do not consider yourself deprived because your dreams were not fulfilled; the truly deprived have never dreams."
-Marie von Ebner
Jan 31, 2013 5:18 PM
Dec 2012
lolLIPopsz said:
omg please no... there are so many other potential animes for sequel!

there are but if you here just to rain on our hope, i recommand you do it else where
Feb 27, 2013 8:37 AM

May 2011
i am looking forward for season 3

nice series
Mar 18, 2013 6:10 AM

Oct 2012
hope for a s3 also, good show.
Mar 24, 2013 8:51 AM

Dec 2012
The chances are high... the fan sells and the BD sells are are top list.... Besides... its Sunrise... i'm sure they will troll us.... a lot. Orz
Mar 24, 2013 9:55 PM

Dec 2007
Wow this show took me by surprise. I ignored it at first but steamed through it happily, even replaying the OST and character albums over and over again. What I found through music ended up being a kick-ass Anime heh.

From the looks of the ending (in the same fashion as Oda Nobuna) it leaves itself open for another season. I'm glad it did that because I want more epicness from this series. It even has rewatch potential which makes it all that more awesome.

I truly hope we get Season 3 sometimes soon. I don't mind if it is winter or same time next year, just sometimes to feed off past hype.
Mar 25, 2013 2:45 AM

Jan 2013
I'm wishing for a Season 3 as well. The music is great, the story is good, but the Character development is amazing for having so many. It's like watching Suikoden as an anime. Totally worth it.
Apr 24, 2013 8:26 PM

May 2011
i m also wishing for season 3

its worth watching :D

enjoy both 2 seasons :D
May 13, 2013 5:58 PM

Aug 2011
This series really deserves one.
GIMME S3 DAMMIT
May 16, 2013 11:51 AM

Oct 2010
There will be season 3 since new characters were introduced at the ending , just a matter of time now to hear the good news
May 16, 2013 12:50 PM

Apr 2013
Persius said:
There will be season 3 since new characters were introduced at the ending , just a matter of time now to hear the good news

You know, that isn't really a guarantee that there will be another season. You gotta take in other factors into account.
And here's the thing: we'll have to wait at least 3 years before we get a season 3, if we DO get one. Sure, both seasons sold fantastically and there is still A LOT of material they can use for S3 (and beyond), but this series took like 2 years to be made as well as an immense amount of effort from animators that aren't paid very well. Sunrise might just decide S3 is not worth it.
That said I'd friggin' love if they made more. Who knows, we'll just have to be (very) patient on this one.
May 23, 2013 9:37 AM

Nov 2012
I think there must be season 3 for this anime.. idk maybe in 2014? :o
May 23, 2013 10:11 AM
Oct 2012
makarov52 said:
I think there must be season 3 for this anime.. idk maybe in 2014? :o

No worries, the 2nd season sold an average of 20K+ discs, only a slight drop from the sales of the 1st season. That is the type of numbers and in particular the consistency that producers love to see.

My guess is that the first two seasons had been green lighted together which is why they were released so close together. The producers probably wanted to see what the success was before green-lighting a third season. With these sales number though unless there is some weird political reason, there will definitely be a 3 and maybe even a 4th season.

What will happen is that the producers will probably once again solicit production companies, who will in turn bring together the talent. This takes some time to coordinate, so definitely probably a 2014 release (unless they already had the framework for a 3rd season in place.)

I found it funny how the show ended both the first season and the second. The first season ended with a definite feeling of we will be back soon. The second season, recommending a rest before the next adventure showed that it will be a bit of a longer wait here.
Jun 11, 2013 8:03 AM

Oct 2012
I'd really like a third season, this series as so much great development to offer.
Jun 14, 2013 12:33 AM

Jan 2010
Kashim-kun said:
Your not thinking like a Japanese. "It did great, awesome. Now lets make another hit rather than chance another season not working". From what I've seen horizon may be popular, but its not mainstream like bleach or one piece, making it more of a gamble. Besides, the trends may have changed while it was being aired. Seems anime gets released in waves of the same genre. I see this either being announced next season to be produced or it taking 5-8 years to come out.

Just because something isn't as mainstream as Bleach or One Piece that doesn't mean it's a gamble. There are tons upon tons of anime that don't get Bleach or One Piece numbers that end up getting renewed for more seasons. It's incredibly rare to get sales that ridiculously high. If Japanese actually did it like that, we'd hardly ever get extra seasons because it would be setting the bar way too high.

If it sales well enough, then it's enough to warrant another season.

Also 5-8 years? That's insane. How many shows do you see have a sequel air 5 years later?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2013 1:22 AM

Feb 2010
Quite a lot actually...
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best girl poll

Doc101 - Mar 12

4 by DarkLeafNinja »»
Mar 12, 10:55 PM

Poll: » Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2012

71 by Didi6970 »»
Jul 18, 2023 11:33 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 21, 2012

55 by Didi6970 »»
Jul 14, 2023 9:12 AM

» After watching both season, I really like the power system, but should I continue watching manga?

aLotQuestion_ - May 10, 2021

1 by Zefyris »»
Jun 20, 2021 4:21 AM

» What's the point of reenacting history?

Wannabiteme - Jun 17, 2015

20 by Zefyris »»
Jan 24, 2021 2:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.